The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One thing about Yourself...That holds you back in life ??

+9
dyrewolfe
Mind the windows Tino.
Stella
Galted
Lumbering_Jack
TopHat24/7
Duty281
seanmichaels
TRUSSMAN66
13 posters

Go down

One thing about Yourself...That holds you back in life ?? Empty One thing about Yourself...That holds you back in life ??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 18 Feb 2014, 10:55 am

Low esteem....Naturally shy........Not ambitious enough.....Too ambitious......Talk too much.........Rush in without thinking....Arrogant......Too sensitive...Not sensitive enough ...Lack empathy....Too much empathy..

What one thing holds you back the most ???

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 18 Feb 2014, 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

One thing about Yourself...That holds you back in life ?? Empty Re: One thing about Yourself...That holds you back in life ??

Post by seanmichaels Tue 18 Feb 2014, 11:18 am

Drinking

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

One thing about Yourself...That holds you back in life ?? Empty Re: One thing about Yourself...That holds you back in life ??

Post by Guest Tue 18 Feb 2014, 11:20 am

I'm not from around here.

.....and my elbow occasionally makes this funny clicking sound. I've found it a professional and personal bête noir

Also, using terms like "bête noir" in everyday conversation

Also, having to have conversations with people, I just don't like 'em as a rule.

Also, I have a number of prohibitive rules with do tend to be a bit of a barrier

Also, I like my self well enough not to worry whether or not I'm being held back

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 18 Feb 2014, 11:45 am

I can never say no to a fight.

Is that a thing?

Either that or the seasonal depression.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 18 Feb 2014, 11:56 am

Interesting you didn't put 'being gay', Duty.

Is a positive sign for 2014 Britain.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue 18 Feb 2014, 12:19 pm

Being so good in bed means I rarely get time to work from home as I'm in such high demand.

It's a real problem.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Feb 2014, 12:26 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Being so good in bed means I rarely get time to work from home as I'm in such high demand.

It's a real problem.
I thought farmers just allowed their livestock to breed amongst themselves. I didn't realise they brought in outside help

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 18 Feb 2014, 12:43 pm

DAVE667 wrote:I'm not from around here.

.....and my elbow occasionally makes this funny clicking sound. I've found it a professional and personal bête noir

Also, having to have conversations with people, I just don't like 'em as a rule.

Also, I have a number of prohibitive rules with do tend to be a bit of a barrier

Also, I like my self well enough not to worry whether or not I'm being held back

Thought it would be all the skeletons in your closet.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 18 Feb 2014, 12:45 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Being so good in bed means I rarely get time to work from home as I'm in such high demand.

It's a real problem.

Thought you'd be tired from all that cycling...

I see no one is prepared to air their failings....

I've never been able to make a good cup of tea........ cuppa  ..But coffee now you're talkin... coffee 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue 18 Feb 2014, 12:46 pm

I'd like to move to Australia, as would the Mrs, but she is petrified of change. She's got quite a good job where she is now, but gives the worst interview so she would struggle to get one of the same level, and she isn't prepared to drop down a couple of levels. Not too sure how she got promoted at her place now... Maybe I shouldn't ask!!

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Feb 2014, 12:52 pm

Galted wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:I'm not from around here.

Thought it would be all the skeletons in your closet.
No, they get ground down to a fine powder and added to bags of flour.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 18 Feb 2014, 12:52 pm

Too many to list.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 18 Feb 2014, 12:56 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Interesting you didn't put 'being gay', Duty.

Is a positive sign for 2014 Britain.

What with all these positive discrimination and left-wing "equality" laws, it's probably a good thing in the long term.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 18 Feb 2014, 12:58 pm

My girlfriend holds me back.

She is a crazy red-head who lives up in the Didsbury area. She is married but hates her husband. She calls him a pig headed imbecile with enormous moobs. I think he is American. She is relentless with my time and without her in my life I would be able to do so much else.

I took acid once and headbutted her husband in a bar in Manchester. He beat me up though. He is so macho.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Feb 2014, 12:59 pm

Stella wrote:Too many to list.
Can you narrow it down to twenty?

Your inability to narrow things down would count as number 21 on your list.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 18 Feb 2014, 1:07 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:My girlfriend holds me back.

She is a crazy red-head who lives up in the Didsbury area.  She is married but hates her husband.  She calls him a pig headed imbecile with enormous moobs.  I think he is American.  She is relentless with my time and without her in my life I would be able to do so much else.

I took acid once and headbutted her husband in a bar in Manchester.  He beat me up though.  He is so macho.

That is bizzare. I've got a crazy red-headed girlfriend in the Didsbury area. She's also married to an American but her husband spends all his time on some internet forum.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 18 Feb 2014, 1:09 pm

Galted wrote:

She is a crazy red-head who lives up in the Didsbury area.  She is married but hates her husband.  She calls him a pig headed imbecile with enormous moobs.  I think he is American.  She is relentless with my time and without her in my life I would be able to do so much else.

I took acid once and headbutted her husband in a bar in Manchester.  He beat me up though.  He is so macho.

That is bizzare.  I've got a crazy red-headed girlfriend in the Didsbury area.  She's also married to an American but her husband spends all his time on some internet forum.

Remarkable stuff. Does her husband claim Vietnam was an honourable draw like my girlfriends husband does?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 18 Feb 2014, 1:12 pm

As If I haven't taken enough crap today already....

If her husband does claim it to be a draw........Then he is my kind a guy !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 18 Feb 2014, 1:14 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:As If I haven't taken enough crap today already....

I don't know what you're taking about, Beefcake.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 18 Feb 2014, 1:16 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Galted wrote:

That is bizzare.  I've got a crazy red-headed girlfriend in the Didsbury area.  She's also married to an American but her husband spends all his time on some internet forum.

Remarkable stuff.  Does her husband claim Vietnam was an honourable draw like my girlfriends husband does?

We haven't discussed Vietnam much. One thing I can say from wiping myself off on his T-shirts is that he's enormous.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 18 Feb 2014, 1:18 pm

Laugh / laughing 

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 18 Feb 2014, 1:20 pm

Used to hold me back supporting Man City when I first came here.......City used to be the butt of many jokes !!

Now I tell the jokes !!... Wink thumbsup 

Moobs - Not a word I've heard of...........Chiselled - Now that's another story..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Feb 2014, 1:24 pm

Chiselled moobs? Not going to see that unless Didsbury council decide that A/ They need to erect a statue to one of it's least impressive sons and B/ They've just had a sh*t load of granite delivered by mistake

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 18 Feb 2014, 1:33 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

22. Finds it difficult to respond to a witty comment, with my own witty comment.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Feb 2014, 1:39 pm

Stella wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

22. Finds it difficult to respond to a witty comment, with my own witty comment.
Wouldn't have thought that failing to be witty at the drop of a hat is a barrier unless you're a stand up comedian which, judging by your efforts, is clearly not the case.

23...Failure to recognise what is and isn't a barrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 18 Feb 2014, 2:21 pm

24.. Overcoming barriers once they are recognised...

25.  Having barriers on the brain..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Feb 2014, 2:28 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:24.. Overcoming barriers once they are recognised...

The guy who operates the Thames Flood barrier is guilty of this...and having the easiest job in the world.

"It's going to flood...push the red button."

"The water level's dropped now...push that green button."

Doesn't even have to get his feet wet.

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 21 Feb 2014, 2:08 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

The guy who operates the Thames Flood barrier is guilty of this...and having the easiest job in the world.

Its a tad more difficult than that Dave...they also have to lower the gates for boats too. ;)And if he had to get his feet wet then he's either doing his job wrong, or something is seriously wrong (like, he left it far too late). Oh and its not just 1 person - there's a big team of them. You've got control room staff, including the operators, people who check the feeds from the river level monitoring stations, meteorology staff, facilities people, media and communications staff...then theres the engineers who carry out maintenance on the barrier. Its one of those "Forth Bridge" type of jobs that essentially never ends.

Easiest job in the workd has to be a tabloid editor: just pay a bunch of semi-criminal "private investigators" to dig up dirt on celebrities and print whatever they bring you back... Laugh

Anyway, getting back on topic, I'll admit to low self-esteem and being generally quite introverted. Not especially ambitious either. Not saying I'm a slacker - if someone wants me to do a job for them, I'll do it, but I don't go looking for work or volunteer, or actively seek to get noticed.

Also have a problem with barriers...especially the one in the office car park. Lost count of the times I've nearly hit the damn thing (you have to almost be touching it to set off the sensor that opens it).
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 21 Feb 2014, 3:10 pm

I get annoyed when people ring me or call to my house for a chat . I like to see people on my terms and when people phone me to start talking about themselves I put the phone on loudspeaker and set it down, every so often picking it back up and saying "yea", "oh right", "really?".

I don't greave when people die for some reason. It's not that I don't care, I just don't get upset.

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Feb 2014, 3:23 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Its a tad more difficult than that Dave...they also have to lower the gates for boats too. ;)And if he had to get his feet wet then he's either doing his job wrong, or something is seriously wrong (like, he left it far too late). Oh and its not just 1 person - there's a big team of them. You've got control room staff, including the operators, people who check the feeds from the river level monitoring stations, meteorology staff, facilities people, media and communications staff...then theres the engineers who carry out maintenance on the barrier. Its one of those "Forth Bridge" type of jobs that essentially never ends.

Easiest job in the workd has to be a tabloid editor: just pay a bunch of semi-criminal "private investigators" to dig up dirt on celebrities and print whatever they bring you back... Laugh

Anyway, getting back on topic, I'll admit to low self-esteem and being generally quite introverted. Not especially ambitious either. Not saying I'm a slacker - if someone wants me to do a job for them, I'll do it, but I don't go looking for work or volunteer, or actively seek to get noticed.

Also have a problem with barriers...especially the one in the office car park. Lost count of the times I've nearly hit the damn thing (you have to almost be touching it to set off the sensor that opens it).
Something like that should only be operated by someone whose spent years mastering the p!ss easy job that is OPERATING THE THAMES FLOOD BARRIER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One bloke was responsible for the deflector shields on the Death Star and, granted it was sabotaged by Ewoks, but the principle remained that it was ONE BLOKE who sorted that bit out. Now the Death Star was massive and, I'll wager it was bigger than the Thames flood barrier so I fail to see how that job requires more than one person to operate it especially as we don't have meddling Ewoks to throw a spanner in the works

Back to top Go down

Post by JubbaIsle Fri 28 Feb 2014, 11:11 pm

Laziness and lack of enthusiasm.

Not enough money to prompt me out of bed.

Comfortable mattress.

the end.

JubbaIsle

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 01 Mar 2014, 7:04 pm

I have a horrible Twinkie obsession, it's holding me back financially, emotionally. Tough to be taken seriously at work while Wolfing down a shortcake flavoured "vanilla whizz"
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Sun 02 Mar 2014, 3:37 pm

Mines laziness.
In January i started my 7th year of working permanent nights.
I can honestly say i can't remember what it's like to feel energized. I'm always tired.
It's also made me unsociable and my tollerance to noise and other people i.e. neighbours is all but gone.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by JubbaIsle Sun 02 Mar 2014, 4:42 pm

That'll be sleep deprivation Hulking_up.

On the bright side, you now know how parents feel with their 1st baby, though it's not much consolation to be fair.

JubbaIsle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down