The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+11
88Chris05
TopHat24/7
superflyweight
ShahenshahG
Mind the windows Tino.
JuliusHMarx
Rowley
rIck_dAgless
seanmichaels
Galted
Adam D
15 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 10 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Adam D Thu 27 Feb 2014, 8:23 am

First topic message reminder :

As the old thread is reaching its max again, I thought I would set up a whole new 20 spare pages for you all to talk about things neither cultural or Cup based.

Not that it makes a difference.

All anthropod, cortex and mild stereotyping of northerners welcome in here.

Just don't ask about the 2014 cup competition though.

Last edited by Adam D on Thu 27 Feb 2014, 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 10 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 03 Mar 2014, 1:05 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Galted wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Any Oscar Pistorius jokes?

He's got too much on his mind to be telling jokes, michaels.

Do you think he has a leg to stand on?

No but he could probaly snugly fit his stump in your arsshole

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 10 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by seanmichaels Mon 03 Mar 2014, 1:07 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
Galted wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Any Oscar Pistorius jokes?

He's got too much on his mind to be telling jokes, michaels.

Do you think he has a leg to stand on?

No but he could probaly snugly fit his stump in your arsshole

Uncouth.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 03 Mar 2014, 3:36 pm

Barren on here this afternoon.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 03 Mar 2014, 3:37 pm

Listen up, arthropod fans.

You need to check out the Pepsis wasp, otherwise known as the Tarantula hawk. These are proper hard b'stards who go hunting for enormous spiders, sting them to induce paralysis and then drag them off to their gaff and lay an egg on them.

They are apparently very docile around humans but if you happen to be on the receiving end of a sting, then it is second only to the bullet ant in the pain stakes.

Ouch.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 03 Mar 2014, 3:44 pm

Way to rev everyone up again...... Tumbleweed 

Must be something more interesting to talk about than sh!tty insects.......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 03 Mar 2014, 3:46 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Way to rev everyone up again...... Tumbleweed 

Must be something more interesting to talk about than sh!tty insects.......

You didn't give anyone chance to respond. They are probably doing some research as we speak.

When does your new job start? You did say you wouldn't be on here as much, didn't you?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 03 Mar 2014, 3:47 pm

Haha, yeh, but I've got an annoyingly long notice period (and point blank refusal of any gardening leave) so you've got to put up with me for a while yet.........end of April, at least. Smile

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 03 Mar 2014, 3:47 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:.  They are probably doing some research as we speak.

Can assure you this is not the case with regard to me.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 03 Mar 2014, 3:48 pm

I took the Pepsis challenge and found their wasp to be a lot tastier than Coke's wasp.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 03 Mar 2014, 3:48 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Haha, yeh, but I've got an annoyingly long notice period (and point blank refusal of any gardening leave) so you've got to put up with me for a while yet.........end of April, at least. Smile

It is always a pleasure, TopHat, always a pleasure........

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 03 Mar 2014, 3:51 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Listen up, arthropod fans.

You need to check out the Pepsis wasp, otherwise known as the Tarantula hawk.  These are proper hard b'stards who go hunting for enormous spiders, sting them to induce paralysis and then drag them off to their gaff and lay an egg on them.

They are apparently very docile around humans but if you happen to be on the receiving end of a sting, then it is second only to the bullet ant in the pain stakes.

Ouch.

Are they called pepsi wasps because they always get stuck in fizzy pop cans?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 03 Mar 2014, 3:51 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I took the Pepsis challenge and found their wasp to be a lot tastier than Coke's wasp.

That is actually quite funny, Julius.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 03 Mar 2014, 3:52 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Listen up, arthropod fans.

You need to check out the Pepsis wasp, otherwise known as the Tarantula hawk.  These are proper hard b'stards who go hunting for enormous spiders, sting them to induce paralysis and then drag them off to their gaff and lay an egg on them.

Ouch.

Are they called pepsi wasps because they always get stuck in fizzy pop cans?

Jules has beaten you to it. And his was funnier.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 03 Mar 2014, 3:54 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Jules has beaten you to it.  And his was funnier.  

Centipedes are sheeet

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 03 Mar 2014, 3:56 pm

In your opinion.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 03 Mar 2014, 4:28 pm

I look forward to mention of insects on here with all the alacrity that I welcome Floyd threads on the boxing board.

However, even Superfly has posted one today. Can't decide if he is working on a can't beat em join em basis or if they have finally broken him.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 03 Mar 2014, 4:31 pm

Rowley wrote:alacrity

Left it late, but good work.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 03 Mar 2014, 7:58 pm

Rowley wrote:I look forward to mention of insects on here with all the alacrity that I welcome Floyd threads on the boxing board.

However, even Superfly has posted one today. Can't decide if he is working on a can't beat em join em basis or if they have finally broken him.

Thought I would enter into the spirit of things, Jeff. Expect me to post lots of articles on topics that have been discussed repeatedly to the point of exhaustion. Tomorrow I will go with "Why Federer is better than Nadal" and the day after will be the weightlifting classic - Who wants to hold my c*ck while I lift this dumb bell?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 04 Mar 2014, 7:40 am

Morning all. Hate being first on, too much pressure having to set the tone for the day.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 04 Mar 2014, 7:48 am

Rubbish tone on here today.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 04 Mar 2014, 7:59 am

Big day for me yesterday.

I ordered 5 new shirt and jumper combinations last night. Straight out of the Next catalogue. Should arrive today. Pretty excited.

Sh*t the bed, Jeff?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 04 Mar 2014, 8:11 am

The Undertones or The Overtones? Discuss.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 04 Mar 2014, 8:28 am

Not pcaltulirary agirctaaaammnl on hree toady.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 04 Mar 2014, 8:36 am

bvlgari!

Just had a casual conversation with the neighbours. (a lovely large extended middle eastern family; an equally nice but sometimes feisty Maltese are on the other side)

One bloke (the one with the white polo + some hard to read company logo) offered to re-wire my house for $10k. He had a quick look at my distribution board... c. 1920s. I think he was impressed!

Told him I'd think about it and get back to him.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 04 Mar 2014, 8:39 am

Linebreaker wrote:

Let us know your final decision?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 04 Mar 2014, 8:44 am

Linebreaker wrote:

Let us know your final decision?  

I've already made it. It's all part of the builder's scope. (getting rennos done - just got Approval today.)

However, I might refer him to some other jobs I have going.

Funny - I asked if he liked doing electrical installations for brand new office buildings ($$$) but he said he preferred "re-wiring old houses" because there was "more money in it". Strange answer?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 04 Mar 2014, 8:48 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Big day for me yesterday.

I ordered 5 new shirt and jumper combinations last night.  Straight out of the Next catalogue.  Should arrive today.  Pretty excited.

Sh*t the bed, Jeff?

Couldn't sleep Tina, too excited to see how the latest Floyd thread was developing on the boxing board. Glad to see, as I expected, it was chock full of new insights and perceptive analysis rather than a tired old rehash of the same old arguments.

Am in that London again tomorrow.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 04 Mar 2014, 8:49 am

Linebreaker wrote:

Funny - I asked if liked doing electrical installations for brand new office buildings ($$$) but he said he preferred "re-wiring old houses" because there was "more money in it". Strange answer?

Not really, old people are renowned for stashing cash about the place so their children, grandchildren and burglars can't find it.  The older the house, the greater the amount of old people likely to have lived and stashed there.  When I go out thieving and burglaring with my gang we concentrate on retirement villages and gardens that contain gnomes.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 04 Mar 2014, 8:52 am

Galted wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:

Funny - I asked if liked doing electrical installations for brand new office buildings ($$$) but he said he preferred "re-wiring old houses" because there was "more money in it". Strange answer?

Not really, old people are renowned for stashing cash about the place so their children, grandchildren and burglars can't find it.  The older the house, the greater the amount of old people likely to have lived and stashed there.  When I go out thieving and burglaring with my gang we concentrate on retirement villages and gardens that contain gnomes.

Good point. The previous owners had lived here for about 85 years. Might grab my torch later and pop open the hatch in the ceiling. God knows what I'll find up there. The old bloke (whose now-elderly daughters I bought the place off) was the district head cop. Maybe he was on the take?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 04 Mar 2014, 8:52 am

Rowley wrote:

Please be careful, I worry about you.

If you see a dashing, handsome young chap around the Hatton Garden area wearing a brand new shirt/jumper combo from Next, that will be me.

Do stop and say hello.

If you see a man in Hi-Tecs and khaki cargo shorts, run a mile.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 04 Mar 2014, 8:53 am

Rowley wrote:

I viewed a property in that London last night, was a one bedroom flat in the arse-end of Greenwich, £1400 a month.  Wondered what I could get in Rotherham for that much and the rent didn't seem to go that high, found a decent-looking three-bedroom house with a fair-sized garden for £795.  We might be neighbours soon, Jeff, borrowing garden tools and rugged footwear and hating each other's pets.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 04 Mar 2014, 8:54 am

Linebreaker wrote:
Galted wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:

Good point. The previous owners had lived here for about 85 years. Might grab my torch later and pop open the hatch in the ceiling. God knows what I'll find up there. The old bloke (whose now-elderly daughters I bought the place off) was the district head cop. Maybe he was on the take?

Sod the torch, lb, what you need is a sledge-hammer and a sack.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 04 Mar 2014, 8:56 am

Galted wrote:
Rowley wrote:

I viewed a property in that London last night, was a one bedroom flat in the arse-end of Greenwich, £1400 a month.  Wondered what I could get in Rotherham for that much and the rent didn't seem to go that high, found a decent-looking three-bedroom house with a fair-sized garden for £795.  We might be neighbours soon, Jeff, borrowing garden tools and rugged footwear and hating each other's pets.

Can assure you that if you are paying nearly £800 a month in rent in Rotherham we will not be neighbours Galted.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 04 Mar 2014, 9:01 am

Bit flaccid on here today.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 04 Mar 2014, 9:01 am

Rowley wrote:
Galted wrote:
Rowley wrote:

Can assure you that if you are paying nearly £800 a month in rent in Rotherham we will not be neighbours Galted.

I wouldn't necessarily go for the most expensive one, was just surprised at what one could get for the pound up north.  Let me know your address and I'll see if I can find a property nearby that caters to my high level of sophistication.  I may want to borrow a few of your boxing books so that I can contribute to the boxing board - from what I've heard, it could do with a new angle.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 04 Mar 2014, 9:02 am

seanmichaels wrote:Bit flaccid on here today.

We need an erect forum.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 04 Mar 2014, 9:02 am

Galted, huntsmen spiders the size of your palms up there...

for all you boxers & weightlifters...

The son played rugby for a famous club here in the 60s. He had a railway freight car welded wheel axle set up on a "brick bench" with loose brick walls either side to use as a stand. He must have been some tough baastard!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 04 Mar 2014, 9:04 am

Linebreaker wrote:huntsmen spiders

In a non-gay way, Linebreaker, I love you.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 04 Mar 2014, 9:09 am

they hunt in packs you know!  Laugh 

They scare the bejeezus out of me when they move quickly. I never kill them. Prefer to use the "trap & release" (over the above-mentioned neighbours fence) method.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 04 Mar 2014, 9:11 am

Galted wrote:  I may want to borrow a few of your boxing books so that I can contribute to the boxing board - from what I've heard, it could do with a new angle.

Would not read anything before you make your debut, knowledge or insight is not exactly how things are done round those parts.

Last edited by Rowley on Tue 04 Mar 2014, 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 04 Mar 2014, 9:11 am

Linebreaker wrote:

I never kill them. Prefer to use the "trap & release" method

I love you even more now.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 04 Mar 2014, 9:16 am

Linebreaker wrote:Galted, huntsmen spiders the size of your palms up there...

Thanks for the warning but I've got Hi-Tecs the size of my feet.  I use the trap-and-destroy method even when I'm not trying to.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 04 Mar 2014, 9:17 am

Linebreaker wrote:

The plastic circular chinese take-away containers are the best for that I find. Careful not to guillotine their tootsies though.

Then it's a small matter of finding a US Letter sized real estate calendar (the cardboard fridge magnet type is perfect!) to carefully slide under the container and the critter will do a little hop usually.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 04 Mar 2014, 9:21 am

Linebreaker wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:

The plastic circular chinese take-away containers are the best for that I find. Careful not to guillotine their tootsies though.

Then it's a small matter of finding a US Letter sized real estate calendar (the cardboard fridge magnet type is perfect!) to carefully slide under the container and the critter will do a little hop usually.

Where do you live? Victoria?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 04 Mar 2014, 9:22 am

Linebreaker wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:

I saw a youtube clip of some dude trying to catch one that was on the ceiling. He made an arse of it and fell in a heap with the huntsman somewhere on his body. The terror in his voice was hilarious.

I also saw one where a guy was tormenting it with a cigarette (not lit) taped to a pole. The spider got fed up and launched itself at the cigarette.

Amazing beasts.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 04 Mar 2014, 9:25 am

seanmichaels wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:

Where do you live? Victoria?

NSW. I've recently moved from the wild country in northern Sydney to the land of bricks and concrete. Loving it.

Something new every day.
Either a violent shooting/stabbing murder up the road or some demure Vietnamese lady passing by the letter box saying "Hello".

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 04 Mar 2014, 9:25 am

Linebreaker wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:

I saw a youtube clip of some dude trying to catch one that was on the ceiling.  He made an arse of it and fell in a heap with the huntsman somewhere on his body.  The terror in his voice was hilarious.

I also saw one where a guy was tormenting it with a cigarette (not lit) taped to a pole.  The spider got fed up and launched itself at the cigarette.

Amazing beasts.  

Then why am I continually having to rescue them from the bath? Even cats are more intelligent than spiders.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 04 Mar 2014, 9:26 am

Linebreaker wrote:

NSW. I've recently moved from the wild country in northern Sydney to the land of bricks and concrete. Loving it.

Are you in funnel web territory?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 04 Mar 2014, 9:27 am

I ordered 5 new shirt and jumper combinations last night.  Straight out of the Next catalogue.  Should arrive today.  Pretty excited.

Sh*t the bed, Jeff?

NEXT??! You're a fooking hedge fund manager!!

Why aren't you down Thomas Pink or, at least, Charles Tyrwhitt or TM Lewin??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 04 Mar 2014, 9:30 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:

Sh*t the bed, Jeff?

NEXT??! You're a fooking hedge fund manager!!

Why aren't you down Thomas Pink or, at least, Charles Tyrwhitt or TM Lewin??

A) I am not a hedge fund manager

and

B) I am not a c*nt like you.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next