The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+11
88Chris05
TopHat24/7
superflyweight
ShahenshahG
Mind the windows Tino.
JuliusHMarx
Rowley
rIck_dAgless
seanmichaels
Galted
Adam D
15 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 19 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Adam D Thu 27 Feb 2014, 8:23 am

First topic message reminder :

As the old thread is reaching its max again, I thought I would set up a whole new 20 spare pages for you all to talk about things neither cultural or Cup based.

Not that it makes a difference.

All anthropod, cortex and mild stereotyping of northerners welcome in here.

Just don't ask about the 2014 cup competition though.

Last edited by Adam D on Thu 27 Feb 2014, 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 19 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by superflyweight Fri 07 Mar 2014, 1:39 pm

Galted is right about onions.  I wish they were an animal so that I could killl the b*stards and then p*ss on their carcasses so that they can't be eaten.  I console myself by just p*ssing on onions in Tesco.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 19 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by seanmichaels Fri 07 Mar 2014, 1:42 pm

superflyweight wrote:Galted is right about onions.  I wish they were an animal so that I could killl the b*stards and then p*ss on their carcasses so that they can't be eaten.  I console myself by just p*ssing on onions in Tesco.

French onion soup and bread dripping with cheese. Cracking.

Fondue is one of my favourite things. I have a recipe for it somewhere.....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 07 Mar 2014, 1:44 pm

Funnily enough superfly, I was in Tesco's the other day and some woman was wandering round with her kid and was not really watching her properly. The kid was licking peppers and putting them back, dirty little sod.

Fortunately I do not like peppers or buy my fruit and veg from that particular supermarket. However lesson there for you all, wash your fruit and veg.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 07 Mar 2014, 1:45 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Galted wrote:I disagree, michaels.  It may be more authentic but that doesn't mean it's better.  I went to Wahaca on Sunday and they seem to find it necessary to put onions in just about everything apart from the peppermint tea.  I'm sure people with moustaches and sombreros would regard it as edible but I wasn't too impressed.

I have it on good authoritah that whacas charlotte street is by far and away the best. Southbank not supposed to be that good.

Was in the one near Trafalgar Square, the road is Chandos or something else that rhymes with Nandos.  None of it was tragically bad, just found their reliance on onions offensive, it's a bit like having an interesting conversation with someone whose breath smells like arses.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 07 Mar 2014, 1:49 pm

Rowley wrote:Funnily enough superfly, I was in Tesco's the other day and some woman was wandering round with her kid and was not really watching her properly. The kid was licking peppers and putting them back, dirty little sod.

Fortunately I do not like peppers or buy my fruit and veg from that particular supermarket. However lesson there for you all, wash your fruit and veg.

More fool him. I'd already indisrciminately peed on them when aiming for the onions!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 07 Mar 2014, 1:50 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Rowley wrote:Palying poker tonight Seany

Playing poker.  A new tattoo.

Have you just walked of the set of a Guy Ritchie film or what?

Sigh. Now I'm really disappointed in Tina and Julius.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 07 Mar 2014, 1:54 pm

Tina has had a couple of those recently super. He got confused between know and now on the boxing board recently. I dismissed that on the general confusion of finding himself on the boxing board, but this is becoming a concern.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 07 Mar 2014, 1:55 pm

superflyweight wrote:

Sigh.  Now I'm really disappointed in Tina and Julius.  

Up yours, superfly.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 07 Mar 2014, 1:56 pm

Rowley wrote:Tina has had a couple of those recently super. He got confused between know and now on the boxing board recently. I dismissed that on the general confusion of finding himself on the boxing board, but this is becoming a concern.

Delayed concussion.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 07 Mar 2014, 1:56 pm

Rowley wrote:Tina has had a couple of those recently super. He got confused between know and now on the boxing board recently. I dismissed that on the general confusion of finding himself on the boxing board, but this is becoming a concern.

That was a particularly bad one.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 07 Mar 2014, 1:58 pm

[quote="Mind the windows Tino."]
superflyweight wrote:

Up yours, superfly.[/quote]

There you go. You can use correct grammar when you put your mind to it.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 07 Mar 2014, 1:58 pm

superflyweight wrote:

What have I done?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 07 Mar 2014, 1:59 pm

I can't use the quote function. Sh*t, I'm becoming sean.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 07 Mar 2014, 1:59 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

What have I done?

You failed to spot it, old man.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 07 Mar 2014, 2:00 pm

My angry colleague's gone to lunch, his face was a purplish-red colour. What makes it funnier is that he's quite short and his head is huge with a bald patch the size of one of those old vinyl singles you used to buy.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 07 Mar 2014, 2:04 pm

Galted wrote:My angry colleague's gone to lunch, his face was a purplish-red colour.  What makes it funnier is that he's quite short and his head is huge with a bald patch the size of one of those old vinyl singles you used to buy.

Next time he walks past flick his bald patch whilst making a pschhhtt sound. They love that.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 07 Mar 2014, 2:14 pm

Galted wrote:My angry colleague's gone to lunch, his face was a purplish-red colour.  What makes it funnier is that he's quite short and his head is huge with a bald patch the size of one of those old vinyl singles you used to buy.

A mate of ours in school days was gay and we were the only people willing to befriend him (he wasn't outed - just effeminate) - otherwise he'd probably be dead. Unfortunately and quiet cruelly we took advantage of that and set him many dares - one of which was going up to bald men and kissing them on the head then walking away casually. One such man was a bouncer and his face went from pleasant surprise, to pale with shock when he saw it was a male, red with embarrasment and purple with fury - not helped by everyone giggling at him. Our mate had to run in a wide circle darting between people and parked cars screaming help while we and the general public laughed.

Go on galted - Kiss him on the bald patch - for old times sake

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 07 Mar 2014, 2:15 pm

seanmichaels wrote:

Next time he walks past flick his bald patch whilst making a pschhhtt sound. They love that.

Laugh 

He only takes me up to my chest but he's so angry I reckon he'd destroy me if I did that.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 07 Mar 2014, 2:16 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:

A mate of ours in school days was gay and we were the only people willing to befriend him (he wasn't outed - just effeminate) - otherwise he'd probably be dead. Unfortunately and quiet cruelly we took advantage of that and set him many dares - one of which was going up to bald men and kissing them on the head then walking away casually. One such man was a bouncer and his face went from pleasant surprise, to pale with shock when he saw it was a male, red with embarrasment and purple with fury - not helped by everyone giggling at him. Our mate had to run in a wide circle darting between people and parked cars screaming help while we and the general public laughed.

Go on galted - Kiss him on the bald patch - for old times sake

Laugh 

Please see my previous post.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 07 Mar 2014, 2:24 pm

[quote="Galted"]
seanmichaels wrote:
He only takes me up to my chest but he's so angry I reckon he'd destroy me if I did that.

His name isn't Brian is it?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 07 Mar 2014, 2:26 pm

Still not quite got it after all these years.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 07 Mar 2014, 2:27 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Still not quite got it after all these years.

Bog off windows.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 07 Mar 2014, 2:31 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Galted wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

No. No it's not. I do now have an inspirational hope that there are two of them.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 07 Mar 2014, 2:39 pm

Galted wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
Galted wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

No.  No it's not.  I do now have an inspirational hope that there are two of them.

I know a chap who works in facilities for a bank in london and who fits the description. He's a mentallist although not massively hard.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 07 Mar 2014, 2:43 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Galted wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
Galted wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

No.  No it's not.  I do now have an inspirational hope that there are two of them.

I know a chap who works in facilities for a bank in london and who fits the description. He's a mentallist although not massively hard.

They must be introduced, it could be like crossing the streams in Ghostbusters.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 07 Mar 2014, 2:55 pm

Has Galted ever reviewd Top GUn and Independence Day?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 07 Mar 2014, 2:55 pm

Vinyl singles are a bit too modern for me. Roughly the size of 2 Edison cylinders side by side maybe?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 07 Mar 2014, 2:59 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Vinyl singles are a bit too modern for me. Roughly the size of 2 Edison cylinders side by side maybe?

Cylinders is quite a good name for testicles. The Galted Cylinders, side by side, fit neatly into my cupped hand.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 07 Mar 2014, 3:02 pm

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Cylinders is quite a good name for testicles.  The Galted Cylinders, side by side, fit neatly into my cupped hand.

B0llocks.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 07 Mar 2014, 3:03 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

I was called an old man a while ago on the boxing boards for still buying CD's.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 07 Mar 2014, 3:08 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Has Galted ever reviewd Top GUn and Independence Day?

Nope, Top Gun is just enjoyable silliness.  Independence day is quite spectacular when the spaceships appear then gets progressively more stupid, the virus solution is beyond ridiculous.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 07 Mar 2014, 3:09 pm

Rowley wrote:
I was called an old man a while ago on the boxing boards for still buying CD's.

Old men would never have scented radox baths Jeff. Old spice perhaps......

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 07 Mar 2014, 3:10 pm

Galted wrote:

Nope, Top Gun is just enjoyable silliness.  Independence day is quite spectacular when the spaceships appear then gets progressively more stupid, the virus solution is beyond ridiculous.

Two previous Michaels's Academy Award winners.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 07 Mar 2014, 3:12 pm

Independence Day is my favourite rubbish film ever.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 07 Mar 2014, 3:14 pm

Rowley wrote:Independence Day is my favourite rubbish film ever.

Now that's what I call a close encounter!

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 07 Mar 2014, 3:17 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Galted wrote:

What's your top 10? Your taste in films is quite intriguing.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 07 Mar 2014, 3:23 pm

Galted wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
Galted wrote:

What's your top 10?  Your taste in films is quite intriguing.

Difficult as it changes. In no particular order

Star Wars (all 6)
Lethal Weapon 3 & 4
Life
Independence Day
Saving Private Ryan
Forrest Gump
Aliens
Top Gun
Dead Poet Society
Lost Boys

Special mentions to Twister, Perfect Storm, The Day after Tomorrow, Reign of Fire, LOTR and The Time Bandits.

Oh, I really liked The Terminal as well. I like happy films and that made me happy. Forgot Blackhawk Down as well. I like that

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 07 Mar 2014, 3:26 pm

Actually, this is pointless. Training Day must be top 10 as is True Romance.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 07 Mar 2014, 3:27 pm

Thought there would have been more war films in there. The only one I really like out of the top 10 is Forrest Gump.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 07 Mar 2014, 3:27 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Actually, this is pointless. Training Day must be top 10 as is True Romance.

Haven't seen Training Day but True Romance is pretty damn good. One of those ones I can watch again and again.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 07 Mar 2014, 3:33 pm

I think BOB, Pacific and SPR were so good they've made a lot of war films redundant.

Thin Red Line, We Were Soldiers and Windtalkers all very good though. Platoon obviously and Hamburger Hill. Bravo Two Zero.

They need to make a decent British War Film with decent effects and no cheese. Why hasn't there benn a Battle of Britain one?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 07 Mar 2014, 3:38 pm

My top ten would be

Godfather II
12 Angry Men
City of God
The Hustler
On the Waterfront
Goodfellas
Godfather
Downfall
Taxi Driver
Die Hard

(No particular order)

Who says we don’t discuss culture on here

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 07 Mar 2014, 3:40 pm

Rowley wrote:My top ten would be

Godfather II
12 Angry Men
City of God
The Hustler
On the Waterfront
Goodfellas
Godfather
Downfall
Taxi Driver
Die Hard
(No particular order)

Who says we don’t discuss culture on here

I've only seen those 2 but they're good.

Actually, may have watched 12 Angry Men for GCSE English if you're talking about the black and white version.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 07 Mar 2014, 3:44 pm

We are talking about the black and white version. To the best of my knowledge it has not been remade. I should aso add if anyone does remake it I may hunt them down and hurt them.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 07 Mar 2014, 3:46 pm

Funny because we watched that and Lord of the Flies in GCSE English, and then a western called Shane???

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 07 Mar 2014, 3:49 pm

Shane is a good film, Alan Ladd is in it I believe. This does nothing to dispel the stereotypes about me on here but we watched Kes in my GCSE English, which to be fair is close to my top ten, absolute classic.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 07 Mar 2014, 3:57 pm

Rowley wrote:We are talking about the black and white version. To the best of my knowledge it has not been remade. I should aso add if anyone does remake it I may hunt them down and hurt them.

It has been but haven't seen it. Can't remember who was in it, but fairly sure it wasn't a terrible cast. Regardless, the remake is a fairly redundant exercise given how good the original is.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 07 Mar 2014, 4:04 pm

Just looked on IMDB, does appear there was a TV movie remake. Seems to have been reasonably well received. Still not sure I would bother though, struggle to see how you could improve on the original, as I can't find a way to fit in an Eva Mendez lap dancing scene without it seeming gratuitous.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 07 Mar 2014, 7:45 pm

Rowley wrote:Just looked on IMDB, does appear there was a TV movie remake. Seems to have been reasonably well received. Still not sure I would bother though, struggle to see how you could improve on the original, as I can't find a way to fit in an Eva Mendez lap dancing scene without it seeming gratuitous.

Now got an image of Jack Klugman from Quincy lap dancing on Lee J Cobb. Not as tough a w@nk as I first thought.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Sun 09 Mar 2014, 6:55 pm

Ha Ha Wales lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!! England are f_____ing good. Could have scored that last try which would have meant a 16-20 margin and £500 in my pocket.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next