West Indies v England 1st ODI at North Sound

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

West Indies v England 1st ODI at North Sound - Page 6 Empty West Indies v England 1st ODI at North Sound

Post by skyeman on Fri 28 Feb 2014, 12:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

A couple of new faces today with Moeen Ali and Michael Lumb handed caps.

A feel of a ODI/T20 combo with Bangladesh in mind.

England wanted to try and change their formulaic style of recent times. Let's see how far they are willing to go.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

West Indies v England 1st ODI at North Sound - Page 6 Empty Re: West Indies v England 1st ODI at North Sound

Post by skyeman on Wed 05 Mar 2014, 5:04 pm

Century for Root. clap  His 1st in an ODI.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

West Indies v England 1st ODI at North Sound - Page 6 Empty Re: West Indies v England 1st ODI at North Sound

Post by Guest on Wed 05 Mar 2014, 5:15 pm

Buttler on 93, been a fantastic effort from these two!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 05 Mar 2014, 5:25 pm

Buttler falls on 99!!

but england get to 300 Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman on Wed 05 Mar 2014, 5:26 pm

And Buttler out on 99, won't get a better chance i feel.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 05 Mar 2014, 5:29 pm

we've got enough here, i feel Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle on Wed 05 Mar 2014, 5:48 pm

Top knock from Jossie B. I'll stick my neck out and say he'll get multiple ODI hundreds. Special talent and his form and averages for England are going in the right direction. Liked the gutsy move to send him in above Bopara with England on the rack and he rewarded them.

From what's been said and what I've seen, the pitch has quickened up a bit so the spinners should have as much of an effect but England should still have enough as long as they bowl well.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle on Wed 05 Mar 2014, 6:00 pm

Graeme Swann is having an Ask Swanny session on TMS now. An interesting listen.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler on Wed 05 Mar 2014, 7:45 pm

Well look what happens when you drop Luke Wright

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Wed 05 Mar 2014, 8:52 pm

Buttler, like Morgan is far too good to come in for just a 5 over slog at the end

Struggled to settle early on against the spin, but once he's in, he's gonna tear you to shreds
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Wed 05 Mar 2014, 8:58 pm

We're gonna lose this ain't we
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Wed 05 Mar 2014, 9:23 pm

How can you ever let Ramdin score more than 20
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler on Thu 06 Mar 2014, 7:44 am

Olly wrote:Buttler, like Morgan is far too good to come in for just a 5 over slog at the end

Struggled to settle early on against the spin, but once he's in, he's gonna tear you to shreds

Well the good thing is with the crud ernfgland have at the top of the order the chances are they will get to bat 20+ overs  Rolling Eyes

Joking aside seeing the likes of Root get some confidence back is very important. Him, Morgan and Buttler are the trump cards England have for the T20 in the batting department.
Bowling really lacks a wicket taker though, and Bresnan doing OK in the series means he will no doubt go on to win another 100 caps in all formats.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by shivfan on Thu 06 Mar 2014, 4:50 pm

'A cloud of suspicion hung over the England team after umpire Marais Erasmus changed the ball due to "unnatural deterioration" during the West Indies innings in the third ODI. Erasmus, clearly suspecting that the wear to the ball was due to factors beyond those expected when it is used on an abrasive pitch or hit to the boundary, exchanged strong words with the England captain, Stuart Broad, in the 35th over but did not identify any specific culprit. The match referee, Andy Pycroft, confirmed to ESPNcricinfo that the ball had been changed on the basis of playing regulation 42.1.2 - which comes under 'Fair and unfair play' - and that, as captain, Broad had been issued with a first and final warning that any further occurrence in the series would result in a five-run penalty and the reporting of Broad, as captain, to the ICC. As the series has now ended, that threat of penalty has disappeared.'

http://www.espncricinfo.com/west-indies-v-england-2013-14/content/story/725783.html
shivfan
shivfan

http://www.cricket-match-special.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler on Thu 06 Mar 2014, 4:57 pm

Yeah I noticed the 3 spinners getting a lot of reverse Wink

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman on Thu 06 Mar 2014, 5:39 pm

"unnatural deterioration" Is Casper at deaths door.  For the second time Very Happy 

All teams do it, the authorities know this but can only give token gestures as it is hard to prove.

Unless you are Faf.

I'll zip it.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by shivfan on Thu 06 Mar 2014, 5:48 pm

skyeman wrote:

All teams do it, the authorities know this but can only give token gestures as it is hard to prove.

Thank you...it's not just Pakistan. Some folks can get off their moral-high-ground-high horse, now....
 Cool 
shivfan
shivfan

http://www.cricket-match-special.com

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman on Thu 06 Mar 2014, 6:07 pm

shivfan wrote:
skyeman wrote:

Thank you...it's not just Pakistan.  Some folks can get off their moral-high-ground-high horse, now....
 Cool 

Definitely not just Pakistan, once Nawaz and Bakht found out  Wink  how to do it and passed it on to Khan, Akram and Younis, it must have leaked out to other nations.

But Pakistan were the founders of the {shall we say} atmospheric phenomena.

Some just use it better than others.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum