Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by mystiroakey on Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Oh you are SAF? or a Glazier?
Wink

mystiroakey

Posts : 32472
Join date : 2011-03-06
Age : 42
Location : surrey

Back to top Go down


Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by NickisBHAFC on Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:04 pm

Justice for Steve Clarke.

NickisBHAFC

Posts : 11658
Join date : 2011-04-24
Age : 25
Location : Sussex

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:19 pm

Explain how Chris Brunt getting injured for a month and a bit is justice for Steve Clarke?

I'm intrigued
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Posts : 47080
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 24
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by NickisBHAFC on Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:26 pm

It will help West Brom go down. There's the justice for Steve Clarke. Should never of got sacked.

NickisBHAFC

Posts : 11658
Join date : 2011-04-24
Age : 25
Location : Sussex

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by PaulHv2 on Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:00 pm

West Brom are in an awful mess and I doubt that would have changed with Clarke in charge. They've won 4 games all season, just goes to show how much of a difference a striker like Lukaku makes to a team.
PaulHv2
PaulHv2
Admin
Admin

Posts : 8990
Join date : 2011-02-24
Age : 31

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by Dolphin Ziggler on Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:16 pm

If you had anything to back it up, it would be great. Mat came in and showed the exact reasons why Clarke got sacked, and you offered nothing.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 23268
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 30
Location : Wollongong

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by GSC on Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:20 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:and you offered nothing.
Wouldn't want to go against form would we?
GSC
GSC

Posts : 39059
Join date : 2011-03-28
Age : 27
Location : Leicester

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by Duty281 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:51 am

Champagne_Socialist wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
socal1976 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Did I call it an excuse? Basically, you've had two very good players out at once (three if we count Wilshere but it hardly does, like counting Kieron Dyer). I accept thats difficult, but so is winning a title.

My premise is that if you want to play with the big boys, two injuries is part and parcel. You have the funds and the position to deal with Ramsey and Walcott being injured. If you dont, youre not good enough to win stuff.

We're on track to win the FA cup this year  thumbsup 

How many times have I heard that through the years!

We're on track to win the PL (till Gallas starts crying), the CL (till Ronaldo cuts through you/RVP gets sent off), the League Cup (till Martins pops up) and so on and so forth.

Great Duty, we know that you and many others are all desperate for Arsenal to fail so you can descend upon Wenger and the club like a bunch of vultures and feast on the remains. Pretty pathetic and negative attitude if you ask me.

No socal, I love Arsenal and, as previously stated, I would prefer them to win the league over Citeh and Chelski..and the CL, although there's little chance of that now.

Sadly the behaviour of you and C_S - everything's a conspiracy, injury this, bad referee this etc. - rather makes me want to see Arsenal lose, even though I'm pretty sure the majority of Arsenal fans are better than that.

Similar to some Welsh rugby fans on this board - even though I don't generally mind their team, some of their antics on this forum makes it rather amusing when they lose.

Same situation here, I guess.

you have a negative attitude towards anything to do with Arsenal. I don't really care because your football knowledge is rather limited eg man u have the best team this year  picard  or lallana/coutinho has been better than ozil this year  picard or you saying wenger is a failure  picard or you saying Arsenal have the weakest defence out of the top 5 yet we have conceded only 28 goals, only 1 more than city  picard 


Don't remember saying those two.

And Wenger is a failure post-2005/6. We're approaching the last months of his reign, it would seem.

And my negative attitude of Arsenal is probably summed up by how I want them to win the PL and the CL over any of the big 3 (Citeh, Chelski, and United), isn't it? Whoops.

Duty281

Posts : 21408
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by Champagne_Socialist on Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:18 am

Duty281 wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
socal1976 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Did I call it an excuse? Basically, you've had two very good players out at once (three if we count Wilshere but it hardly does, like counting Kieron Dyer). I accept thats difficult, but so is winning a title.

My premise is that if you want to play with the big boys, two injuries is part and parcel. You have the funds and the position to deal with Ramsey and Walcott being injured. If you dont, youre not good enough to win stuff.

We're on track to win the FA cup this year  thumbsup 

How many times have I heard that through the years!

We're on track to win the PL (till Gallas starts crying), the CL (till Ronaldo cuts through you/RVP gets sent off), the League Cup (till Martins pops up) and so on and so forth.

Great Duty, we know that you and many others are all desperate for Arsenal to fail so you can descend upon Wenger and the club like a bunch of vultures and feast on the remains. Pretty pathetic and negative attitude if you ask me.

No socal, I love Arsenal and, as previously stated, I would prefer them to win the league over Citeh and Chelski..and the CL, although there's little chance of that now.

Sadly the behaviour of you and C_S - everything's a conspiracy, injury this, bad referee this etc. - rather makes me want to see Arsenal lose, even though I'm pretty sure the majority of Arsenal fans are better than that.

Similar to some Welsh rugby fans on this board - even though I don't generally mind their team, some of their antics on this forum makes it rather amusing when they lose.

Same situation here, I guess.

you have a negative attitude towards anything to do with Arsenal. I don't really care because your football knowledge is rather limited eg man u have the best team this year  picard  or lallana/coutinho has been better than ozil this year  picard or you saying wenger is a failure  picard or you saying Arsenal have the weakest defence out of the top 5 yet we have conceded only 28 goals, only 1 more than city  picard 


Don't remember saying those two.

And Wenger is a failure post-2005/6. We're approaching the last months of his reign, it would seem.

And my negative attitude of Arsenal is probably summed up by how I want them to win the PL and the CL over any of the big 3 (Citeh, Chelski, and United), isn't it? Whoops.

But he is not a failure post 2006. You judge success on finishing 1st, a very generic view. I believe success is determined by securing pre-season objectives.

But we have had this debate already so why are you bringing it back up?

And you did say those last 2 points.

Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by Stella on Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:33 am

Failure is a strong word, though Arsenal are a team that should have won something in the last 9 years.
Stella
Stella

Posts : 6671
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by Duty281 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:39 am

Champagne_Socialist wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
socal1976 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Did I call it an excuse? Basically, you've had two very good players out at once (three if we count Wilshere but it hardly does, like counting Kieron Dyer). I accept thats difficult, but so is winning a title.

My premise is that if you want to play with the big boys, two injuries is part and parcel. You have the funds and the position to deal with Ramsey and Walcott being injured. If you dont, youre not good enough to win stuff.

We're on track to win the FA cup this year  thumbsup 

How many times have I heard that through the years!

We're on track to win the PL (till Gallas starts crying), the CL (till Ronaldo cuts through you/RVP gets sent off), the League Cup (till Martins pops up) and so on and so forth.

Great Duty, we know that you and many others are all desperate for Arsenal to fail so you can descend upon Wenger and the club like a bunch of vultures and feast on the remains. Pretty pathetic and negative attitude if you ask me.

No socal, I love Arsenal and, as previously stated, I would prefer them to win the league over Citeh and Chelski..and the CL, although there's little chance of that now.

Sadly the behaviour of you and C_S - everything's a conspiracy, injury this, bad referee this etc. - rather makes me want to see Arsenal lose, even though I'm pretty sure the majority of Arsenal fans are better than that.

Similar to some Welsh rugby fans on this board - even though I don't generally mind their team, some of their antics on this forum makes it rather amusing when they lose.

Same situation here, I guess.

you have a negative attitude towards anything to do with Arsenal. I don't really care because your football knowledge is rather limited eg man u have the best team this year  picard  or lallana/coutinho has been better than ozil this year  picard or you saying wenger is a failure  picard or you saying Arsenal have the weakest defence out of the top 5 yet we have conceded only 28 goals, only 1 more than city  picard 


Don't remember saying those two.

And Wenger is a failure post-2005/6. We're approaching the last months of his reign, it would seem.

And my negative attitude of Arsenal is probably summed up by how I want them to win the PL and the CL over any of the big 3 (Citeh, Chelski, and United), isn't it? Whoops.

But he is not a failure post 2006. You judge success on finishing 1st, a very generic view. I believe success is determined by securing pre-season objectives.

But we have had this debate already so why are you bringing it back up?

And you did say those last 2 points.

Nope wrong again.

I have a fair idea who said the first one (Lallana/Coutinho) and, while I don't think Arsenal have a top defence (certainly they need to invest) it's still better than Liverpool or Tottenham.

Duty281

Posts : 21408
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by Duty281 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:47 am

Stella wrote:Failure is a strong word, though Arsenal are a team that should have won something in the last 9 years.

Agreed. Finishing first isn't failure - although they should have at least won the league once in that time - but not winning anything is, for a top club like Arsenal, failure.

And you can't keep championing qualification for the CL as success when Arsenal don't even make it as far as they used to in that competition. From 2005-6 to 2009-10, Arsenal made the CL quarter-finals or better on four out of five occasions. Now, from 2010-11 to 2013-14, they haven't made it past the last sixteen once.

Stagnating in the league, no domestic cups and backwards in Europe. Recent failure is clear to see.

Duty281

Posts : 21408
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:28 pm

It's not failure Duty....it's "less success"

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by socal1976 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:42 pm

You guys are hilarious. All you seem to want to talk about is how much of a failure Arsenal and Wenger are. Keep beating that dead horse over and over again. I am happy with the club I follow, and enjoy watching their matches win or lose. And I also happy with the recent direction and improvement that i see. You better keep getting in your shots at failure Arsenal because with the good young core of talent we have and the financially strong position we are in now I can see our era of failure ending soon and trophies coming in the not to distant future.

socal1976

Posts : 14212
Join date : 2011-03-18
Location : southern california

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by CFCNick on Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:49 pm

socal1976 wrote:You guys are hilarious. All you seem to want to talk about is how much of a failure Arsenal and Wenger are. Keep beating that dead horse over and over again. I am happy with the club I follow, and enjoy watching their matches win or lose. And I also happy with the recent direction and improvement that i see. You better keep getting in your shots at failure Arsenal because with the good young core of talent we have and the financially strong position we are in now I can see our era of failure ending soon and trophies coming in the not to distant future.

Arsenal fans have been saying that for 5 years.

CFCNick

Posts : 4180
Join date : 2011-04-04
Age : 29
Location : Bedford, England

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by westisbest on Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:52 pm

On to this week end's fixtures
Villa 2 Chelsea 2.
Hull 2 Man City 2
Everton 3 Cardiff 1
Fulham 1 Newcastle 2
Saints 2 Norwich 1
Stoke 0 West Ham 0
Sunderland 1 Palace 1
Swansea 3 WBA 1

Man utd 1 Liverpool 2
Spurs 1 Arsenal 1

westisbest

Posts : 7236
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by socal1976 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:59 pm

CFCNick wrote:
socal1976 wrote:You guys are hilarious. All you seem to want to talk about is how much of a failure Arsenal and Wenger are. Keep beating that dead horse over and over again. I am happy with the club I follow, and enjoy watching their matches win or lose. And I also happy with the recent direction and improvement that i see. You better keep getting in your shots at failure Arsenal because with the good young core of talent we have and the financially strong position we are in now I can see our era of failure ending soon and trophies coming in the not to distant future.

Arsenal fans have been saying that for 5 years.

Hope springs eternal young Nick and Rome wasn't built in a day. If you guys wish to continue to characterize Arsenal and Wenger as failures by all means continue to do so that is your prerogative. There were lengthy periods of transition and retrenchment at various big clubs. Man United didn't win anything thoughout the early to mid 70s for about 8 years interestingly and were actually relegated. Liverpool has had their down periods and trophyless periods as well. Don't even get me started on Chelsea who were the masters of failure at virtually everything for most of their entire history. There are many Arsenal fans I know out there who disagree and want Wenger out. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, I think there are few managers that I could think that I would prefer to manage the club. I like the way his teams play, he is still widely respect in Europe and can attract big talent, has an eye and an ability to develop young talent, and has accomplished what he has on shoestring transfer budget and guided the ship during a period where we needed that CL money badly. He practically built the Emirates stadium and kept the club playing good football and out of the financial abyss while building a 3/4 of billion dollar stadium in London with our own money. YOu are of course free to have your opinions and slag him all day long and shiit on the guy shrilly till your blue in the face.

socal1976

Posts : 14212
Join date : 2011-03-18
Location : southern california

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by Duty281 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:44 pm

socal1976 wrote:You guys are hilarious. All you seem to want to talk about is how much of a failure Arsenal and Wenger are. Keep beating that dead horse over and over again. I am happy with the club I follow, and enjoy watching their matches win or lose. And I also happy with the recent direction and improvement that i see. You better keep getting in your shots at failure Arsenal because with the good young core of talent we have and the financially strong position we are in now I can see our era of failure ending soon and trophies coming in the not to distant future.

I'm sure you are - it's called being a "supporter".

And what direction are Arsenal exactly taking, or is nine years of nothing going to be made up with one, possible, FA Cup win? As far as I can see, Arsenal are fighting for 3rd/4th...again. Arsenal have been knocked out of the Champions League in the last 16...again. If it's a direction, it's not exactly a forward one.

If I were an Arsenal fan, I'd be seething at the lack of investment, Ozil, obviously, aside. No top four club should have Bendtner and Sanogo as their main back-up options to their main striker.

Duty281

Posts : 21408
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by socal1976 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:54 pm

Duty281 wrote:
socal1976 wrote:You guys are hilarious. All you seem to want to talk about is how much of a failure Arsenal and Wenger are. Keep beating that dead horse over and over again. I am happy with the club I follow, and enjoy watching their matches win or lose. And I also happy with the recent direction and improvement that i see. You better keep getting in your shots at failure Arsenal because with the good young core of talent we have and the financially strong position we are in now I can see our era of failure ending soon and trophies coming in the not to distant future.

I'm sure you are - it's called being a "supporter".

And what direction are Arsenal exactly taking, or is nine years of nothing going to be made up with one, possible, FA Cup win? As far as I can see, Arsenal are fighting for 3rd/4th...again. Arsenal have been knocked out of the Champions League in the last 16...again. If it's a direction, it's not exactly a forward one.

If I were an Arsenal fan, I'd be seething at the lack of investment, Ozil, obviously, aside. No top four club should have Bendtner and Sanogo as their main back-up options to their main striker.

I think if Arsenal doesn't win the cup WEnger will retire. He is tired of all this negative crap from what I hear in the papers. He says he only wants the job if he thinks he is the best man and if the team is progressing. The board as tried to get him to sign over and over again but I think he honestly doesn't want the job if a large segment of fans have it out for him. If he is forced to resign it will be a loss for the club and the EPL despite all of your seething.

socal1976

Posts : 14212
Join date : 2011-03-18
Location : southern california

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by Ent on Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:57 pm

If he doesn't win the cup with Wigan, Hull and Sheffield united left in it he would deserved the sack.

Arsenal are bound to win the FA cup.

Ent

Posts : 7337
Join date : 2011-05-02

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by CFCNick on Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:02 pm

socal1976 wrote:
CFCNick wrote:
socal1976 wrote:You guys are hilarious. All you seem to want to talk about is how much of a failure Arsenal and Wenger are. Keep beating that dead horse over and over again. I am happy with the club I follow, and enjoy watching their matches win or lose. And I also happy with the recent direction and improvement that i see. You better keep getting in your shots at failure Arsenal because with the good young core of talent we have and the financially strong position we are in now I can see our era of failure ending soon and trophies coming in the not to distant future.

Arsenal fans have been saying that for 5 years.

Hope springs eternal young Nick and Rome wasn't built in a day. If you guys wish to continue to characterize Arsenal and Wenger as failures by all means continue to do so that is your prerogative. There were lengthy periods of transition and retrenchment at various big clubs. Man United didn't win anything thoughout the early to mid 70s for about 8 years interestingly and were actually relegated. Liverpool has had their down periods and trophyless periods as well. Don't even get me started on Chelsea who were the masters of failure at virtually everything for most of their entire history. There are many Arsenal fans I know out there who disagree and want Wenger out. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, I think there are few managers that I could think that I would prefer to manage the club. I like the way his teams play, he is still widely respect in Europe and can attract big talent, has an eye and an ability to develop young talent, and has accomplished what he has on shoestring  transfer budget and guided the ship during a period where we needed that CL money badly. He practically built the Emirates stadium and kept the club playing good football and out of the financial abyss while building a 3/4 of billion dollar stadium in London with our own money. YOu are of course free to have your opinions and slag him all day long and shiit on the guy shrilly till your blue in the face.

Oh no! Really? I'm gonna support Bayern Munich instead now. We're the 4th most successful club in England. Assuming we'd win 2-3 trophies without Roman we'd be 10th at worst without the money. Hardly experts in failure. We'd won a league title, 3 FA Cups, 2 European trophies, 2 League Cups and a few other domestic trophies pre Roman. We attracted big names when we were a mid table team. But then again I'm a 4th generation Chelsea fan. I'd happily be a Brentford fan if my family went that way 80 years ago. Plus if the Ken Bates debt was as bad as some feared we could have been a Championship club for the last decade and I'd be as passionate about the club as I am.

I never mentioned Wenger so don't get why you're defending him so much.

CFCNick

Posts : 4180
Join date : 2011-04-04
Age : 29
Location : Bedford, England

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by westisbest on Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:07 pm

I would have Villa swap places with Arsenal in a heartbeat.

Finishing top 4 every season, playing champions league., ah, perfect. Very Happy 

Na, what am I taliking about, I love a good relegation dogfight.

Lets finish bottom 6/8 every season woooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Crying or Very sad

westisbest

Posts : 7236
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by socal1976 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:48 pm

westisbest wrote:I would have Villa swap places with Arsenal in a heartbeat.

Finishing top 4 every season, playing champions league., ah, perfect. Very Happy 

Na, what am I taliking about, I love a good relegation dogfight.

Lets finish bottom 6/8 every season woooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Crying or Very sad

Villa is a good old club west, any chance of renaissance? Honestly would like to see them do well again. A club like Villa should never be in a relegation fight.

socal1976

Posts : 14212
Join date : 2011-03-18
Location : southern california

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by socal1976 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:54 pm

CFCNick wrote:
socal1976 wrote:
CFCNick wrote:
socal1976 wrote:You guys are hilarious. All you seem to want to talk about is how much of a failure Arsenal and Wenger are. Keep beating that dead horse over and over again. I am happy with the club I follow, and enjoy watching their matches win or lose. And I also happy with the recent direction and improvement that i see. You better keep getting in your shots at failure Arsenal because with the good young core of talent we have and the financially strong position we are in now I can see our era of failure ending soon and trophies coming in the not to distant future.

Arsenal fans have been saying that for 5 years.

Hope springs eternal young Nick and Rome wasn't built in a day. If you guys wish to continue to characterize Arsenal and Wenger as failures by all means continue to do so that is your prerogative. There were lengthy periods of transition and retrenchment at various big clubs. Man United didn't win anything thoughout the early to mid 70s for about 8 years interestingly and were actually relegated. Liverpool has had their down periods and trophyless periods as well. Don't even get me started on Chelsea who were the masters of failure at virtually everything for most of their entire history. There are many Arsenal fans I know out there who disagree and want Wenger out. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, I think there are few managers that I could think that I would prefer to manage the club. I like the way his teams play, he is still widely respect in Europe and can attract big talent, has an eye and an ability to develop young talent, and has accomplished what he has on shoestring  transfer budget and guided the ship during a period where we needed that CL money badly. He practically built the Emirates stadium and kept the club playing good football and out of the financial abyss while building a 3/4 of billion dollar stadium in London with our own money. YOu are of course free to have your opinions and slag him all day long and shiit on the guy shrilly till your blue in the face.

Oh no! Really? I'm gonna support Bayern Munich instead now. We're the 4th most successful club in England. Assuming we'd win 2-3 trophies without Roman we'd be 10th at worst without the money. Hardly experts in failure. We'd won a league title, 3 FA Cups, 2 European trophies, 2 League Cups and a few other domestic trophies pre Roman. We attracted big names when we were a mid table team. But then again I'm a 4th generation Chelsea fan. I'd happily be a Brentford fan if my family went that way 80 years ago. Plus if the Ken Bates debt was as bad as some feared we could have been a Championship club for the last decade and I'd be as passionate about the club as I am.

I never mentioned Wenger so don't get why you're defending him so much.

Good and I will support Arsenal whether they win or they don't win trophies as well. Pre-Roman you guys had a few good years in like 80, league title in the 1950s was the best you had done. Your club is owned by a guy who made billions in the Aluminum wars in Russia. And let me clue you in they didn't call it a war because people were doing catchy advertising jingles teasing each other. An estimated 100 people died. And you missed the point of my post, all clubs even big ones go through ups and downs.

socal1976

Posts : 14212
Join date : 2011-03-18
Location : southern california

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by Champagne_Socialist on Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:28 pm

Duty281 wrote:
socal1976 wrote:You guys are hilarious. All you seem to want to talk about is how much of a failure Arsenal and Wenger are. Keep beating that dead horse over and over again. I am happy with the club I follow, and enjoy watching their matches win or lose. And I also happy with the recent direction and improvement that i see. You better keep getting in your shots at failure Arsenal because with the good young core of talent we have and the financially strong position we are in now I can see our era of failure ending soon and trophies coming in the not to distant future.

I'm sure you are - it's called being a "supporter".

And what direction are Arsenal exactly taking, or is nine years of nothing going to be made up with one, possible, FA Cup win? As far as I can see, Arsenal are fighting for 3rd/4th...again. Arsenal have been knocked out of the Champions League in the last 16...again. If it's a direction, it's not exactly a forward one.

If I were an Arsenal fan, I'd be seething at the lack of investment, Ozil, obviously, aside. No top four club should have Bendtner and Sanogo as their main back-up options to their main striker.

We have not had 9 years of nothing. We have had 9 years of champions league football including final appearances and semi final and quarter final, we have also been in 2 domestic finals in that time and look dead favourites to be in a 3rd and win the fa cup.


Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by Duty281 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:31 pm

socal1976 wrote:
CFCNick wrote:
socal1976 wrote:
CFCNick wrote:
socal1976 wrote:You guys are hilarious. All you seem to want to talk about is how much of a failure Arsenal and Wenger are. Keep beating that dead horse over and over again. I am happy with the club I follow, and enjoy watching their matches win or lose. And I also happy with the recent direction and improvement that i see. You better keep getting in your shots at failure Arsenal because with the good young core of talent we have and the financially strong position we are in now I can see our era of failure ending soon and trophies coming in the not to distant future.

Arsenal fans have been saying that for 5 years.

Hope springs eternal young Nick and Rome wasn't built in a day. If you guys wish to continue to characterize Arsenal and Wenger as failures by all means continue to do so that is your prerogative. There were lengthy periods of transition and retrenchment at various big clubs. Man United didn't win anything thoughout the early to mid 70s for about 8 years interestingly and were actually relegated. Liverpool has had their down periods and trophyless periods as well. Don't even get me started on Chelsea who were the masters of failure at virtually everything for most of their entire history. There are many Arsenal fans I know out there who disagree and want Wenger out. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, I think there are few managers that I could think that I would prefer to manage the club. I like the way his teams play, he is still widely respect in Europe and can attract big talent, has an eye and an ability to develop young talent, and has accomplished what he has on shoestring  transfer budget and guided the ship during a period where we needed that CL money badly. He practically built the Emirates stadium and kept the club playing good football and out of the financial abyss while building a 3/4 of billion dollar stadium in London with our own money. YOu are of course free to have your opinions and slag him all day long and shiit on the guy shrilly till your blue in the face.

Oh no! Really? I'm gonna support Bayern Munich instead now. We're the 4th most successful club in England. Assuming we'd win 2-3 trophies without Roman we'd be 10th at worst without the money. Hardly experts in failure. We'd won a league title, 3 FA Cups, 2 European trophies, 2 League Cups and a few other domestic trophies pre Roman. We attracted big names when we were a mid table team. But then again I'm a 4th generation Chelsea fan. I'd happily be a Brentford fan if my family went that way 80 years ago. Plus if the Ken Bates debt was as bad as some feared we could have been a Championship club for the last decade and I'd be as passionate about the club as I am.

I never mentioned Wenger so don't get why you're defending him so much.

Good and I will support Arsenal whether they win or they don't win trophies as well. Pre-Roman you guys had a few good years in like 80, league title in the 1950s was the best you had done. Your club is owned by a guy who made billions in the Aluminum wars in Russia. And let me clue you in they didn't call it a war because people were doing catchy advertising jingles teasing each other. An estimated 100 people died. And you missed the point of my post, all clubs even big ones go through ups and downs.

Can't you say that about a lot of clubs, war excluded?

Arsenal had won bugger all before Herbert Chapman got his chequebook out - over £100,000 apparently spent in eight seasons. Fairly astronomical for pre-war Britain!

Duty281

Posts : 21408
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by Duty281 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:32 pm

Champagne_Socialist wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
socal1976 wrote:You guys are hilarious. All you seem to want to talk about is how much of a failure Arsenal and Wenger are. Keep beating that dead horse over and over again. I am happy with the club I follow, and enjoy watching their matches win or lose. And I also happy with the recent direction and improvement that i see. You better keep getting in your shots at failure Arsenal because with the good young core of talent we have and the financially strong position we are in now I can see our era of failure ending soon and trophies coming in the not to distant future.

I'm sure you are - it's called being a "supporter".

And what direction are Arsenal exactly taking, or is nine years of nothing going to be made up with one, possible, FA Cup win? As far as I can see, Arsenal are fighting for 3rd/4th...again. Arsenal have been knocked out of the Champions League in the last 16...again. If it's a direction, it's not exactly a forward one.

If I were an Arsenal fan, I'd be seething at the lack of investment, Ozil, obviously, aside. No top four club should have Bendtner and Sanogo as their main back-up options to their main striker.

We have not had 9 years of nothing. We have had 9 years of champions league football including final appearances and semi final and quarter final, we have also been in 2 domestic finals in that time and look dead favourites to be in a 3rd and win the fa cup.


Sorry...just under nine years of nothing in the trophy cabinet.

Duty281

Posts : 21408
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by westisbest on Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:34 pm

Champagne_Socialist wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
socal1976 wrote:You guys are hilarious. All you seem to want to talk about is how much of a failure Arsenal and Wenger are. Keep beating that dead horse over and over again. I am happy with the club I follow, and enjoy watching their matches win or lose. And I also happy with the recent direction and improvement that i see. You better keep getting in your shots at failure Arsenal because with the good young core of talent we have and the financially strong position we are in now I can see our era of failure ending soon and trophies coming in the not to distant future.

I'm sure you are - it's called being a "supporter".

And what direction are Arsenal exactly taking, or is nine years of nothing going to be made up with one, possible, FA Cup win? As far as I can see, Arsenal are fighting for 3rd/4th...again. Arsenal have been knocked out of the Champions League in the last 16...again. If it's a direction, it's not exactly a forward one.

If I were an Arsenal fan, I'd be seething at the lack of investment, Ozil, obviously, aside. No top four club should have Bendtner and Sanogo as their main back-up options to their main striker.

We have not had 9 years of nothing. We have had 9 years of champions league football including final appearances and semi final and quarter final, we have also been in 2 domestic finals in that time and look dead favourites to be in a 3rd and win the fa cup.

And there are alot of clubs in the prem that would kill for that.

westisbest

Posts : 7236
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by Champagne_Socialist on Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:35 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
socal1976 wrote:You guys are hilarious. All you seem to want to talk about is how much of a failure Arsenal and Wenger are. Keep beating that dead horse over and over again. I am happy with the club I follow, and enjoy watching their matches win or lose. And I also happy with the recent direction and improvement that i see. You better keep getting in your shots at failure Arsenal because with the good young core of talent we have and the financially strong position we are in now I can see our era of failure ending soon and trophies coming in the not to distant future.

I'm sure you are - it's called being a "supporter".

And what direction are Arsenal exactly taking, or is nine years of nothing going to be made up with one, possible, FA Cup win? As far as I can see, Arsenal are fighting for 3rd/4th...again. Arsenal have been knocked out of the Champions League in the last 16...again. If it's a direction, it's not exactly a forward one.

If I were an Arsenal fan, I'd be seething at the lack of investment, Ozil, obviously, aside. No top four club should have Bendtner and Sanogo as their main back-up options to their main striker.

We have not had 9 years of nothing. We have had 9 years of champions league football including final appearances and semi final and quarter final, we have also been in 2 domestic finals in that time and look dead favourites to be in a 3rd and win the fa cup.


Sorry...just under nine years of nothing in the trophy cabinet.

Like I said, success is not solely determined by trophies, there are far more variables than just that.

Arsenal have been very successful the last 9 years and have done so by spending under £10 million more than what they sold. Very successful.

Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by Duty281 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:37 pm

westisbest wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
socal1976 wrote:You guys are hilarious. All you seem to want to talk about is how much of a failure Arsenal and Wenger are. Keep beating that dead horse over and over again. I am happy with the club I follow, and enjoy watching their matches win or lose. And I also happy with the recent direction and improvement that i see. You better keep getting in your shots at failure Arsenal because with the good young core of talent we have and the financially strong position we are in now I can see our era of failure ending soon and trophies coming in the not to distant future.

I'm sure you are - it's called being a "supporter".

And what direction are Arsenal exactly taking, or is nine years of nothing going to be made up with one, possible, FA Cup win? As far as I can see, Arsenal are fighting for 3rd/4th...again. Arsenal have been knocked out of the Champions League in the last 16...again. If it's a direction, it's not exactly a forward one.

If I were an Arsenal fan, I'd be seething at the lack of investment, Ozil, obviously, aside. No top four club should have Bendtner and Sanogo as their main back-up options to their main striker.

We have not had 9 years of nothing. We have had 9 years of champions league football including final appearances and semi final and quarter final, we have also been in 2 domestic finals in that time and look dead favourites to be in a 3rd and win the fa cup.

And there are alot of clubs in the prem that would kill for that.

Arsenal aren't like "alot of clubs" though.

Duty281

Posts : 21408
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by Champagne_Socialist on Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:38 pm

Duty281 wrote:
westisbest wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
socal1976 wrote:You guys are hilarious. All you seem to want to talk about is how much of a failure Arsenal and Wenger are. Keep beating that dead horse over and over again. I am happy with the club I follow, and enjoy watching their matches win or lose. And I also happy with the recent direction and improvement that i see. You better keep getting in your shots at failure Arsenal because with the good young core of talent we have and the financially strong position we are in now I can see our era of failure ending soon and trophies coming in the not to distant future.

I'm sure you are - it's called being a "supporter".

And what direction are Arsenal exactly taking, or is nine years of nothing going to be made up with one, possible, FA Cup win? As far as I can see, Arsenal are fighting for 3rd/4th...again. Arsenal have been knocked out of the Champions League in the last 16...again. If it's a direction, it's not exactly a forward one.

If I were an Arsenal fan, I'd be seething at the lack of investment, Ozil, obviously, aside. No top four club should have Bendtner and Sanogo as their main back-up options to their main striker.



We have not had 9 years of nothing. We have had 9 years of champions league football including final appearances and semi final and quarter final, we have also been in 2 domestic finals in that time and look dead favourites to be in a 3rd and win the fa cup.

And there are alot of clubs in the prem that would kill for that.

Arsenal aren't like "alot of clubs" though.


 picard 

Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by Duty281 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:41 pm

Are we saying that Arsenal aren't an elite English club, one of the few? Headscratch

Duty281

Posts : 21408
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by Champagne_Socialist on Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:43 pm

Duty281 wrote:Are we saying that Arsenal aren't an elite English club, one of the few? Headscratch

What has made us an elite club? Man city are an elite club because they spend £200 million every transfer window,

What makes Arsenal an elite club when our net spend is less than that of Stoke's?

Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:46 pm

Champagne_Socialist wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Are we saying that Arsenal aren't an elite English club, one of the few? Headscratch

What has made us an elite club? Man city are an elite club because they spend £200 million every transfer window,

What makes Arsenal an elite club when our net spend is less than that of Stoke's?

So does mean QPR are more of an elite club than Dortmund seeming as they spend more on players?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Posts : 47080
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 24
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by Duty281 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:47 pm

Is it something to do with the fact, perhaps, that you have a 60,000 capacity stadium - the second highest for club football in England?

Players like Mertesacker, Wilshere, Ramsey, Walcott, Oxlade, Ozil, and Giroud?

The fact that Arsenal have won the joint second highest amount of English titles in the Premier League era? And the consecutive number of years Arsenal are in the Champions League?

Doesn't that make Arsenal an elite club? If we're using economic might to determine the status of a club, then QPR are doing pretty well.

Duty281

Posts : 21408
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by compelling and rich on Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:47 pm

arsenal fans throwing out net spend excuse again i see. your wage bill dwarfs that of the stokes and villas. its been your managers choice and philosophy of bringing young players through why you haven't spent loads, but can see why you are saying that arsenal are not one of the big clubs in the prem, more excuse making for underachieving


Last edited by compelling and rich on Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

compelling and rich

Posts : 5877
Join date : 2011-02-28
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by Champagne_Socialist on Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:48 pm

Olly wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Are we saying that Arsenal aren't an elite English club, one of the few? Headscratch

What has made us an elite club? Man city are an elite club because they spend £200 million every transfer window,

What makes Arsenal an elite club when our net spend is less than that of Stoke's?

So does mean QPR are more of an elite club than Dortmund seeming as they spend more on players?

That is not what I am saying. I am asking Duty to explain how or why Arsenal are still an elite club when we go some seasons spending less net money than teams that get relegated.

What is the reason why?

Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by compelling and rich on Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:50 pm

Champagne_Socialist wrote:
Olly wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Are we saying that Arsenal aren't an elite English club, one of the few? Headscratch

What has made us an elite club? Man city are an elite club because they spend £200 million every transfer window,

What makes Arsenal an elite club when our net spend is less than that of Stoke's?

So does mean QPR are more of an elite club than Dortmund seeming as they spend more on players?

That is not what I am saying. I am asking Duty to explain how or why Arsenal are still an elite club when we go some seasons spending less net money than teams that get relegated.

What is the reason why?

you dont spend less, you spend a hell of a lot more on players in wages

compelling and rich

Posts : 5877
Join date : 2011-02-28
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by Champagne_Socialist on Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:51 pm

Duty281 wrote:Is it something to do with the fact, perhaps, that you have a 60,000 capacity stadium - the second highest for club football in England?

Players like Mertesacker, Wilshere, Ramsey, Walcott, Oxlade, Ozil, and Giroud?

The fact that Arsenal have won the joint second highest amount of English titles in the Premier League era? And the consecutive number of years Arsenal are in the Champions League?

Doesn't that make Arsenal an elite club? If we're using economic might to determine the status of a club, then QPR are doing pretty well.

The question is what is making us an elite club when we spend so little money and have to recruit teenagers from the championship (ramsey, walcott)?

Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by Duty281 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:52 pm

Champagne_Socialist wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Is it something to do with the fact, perhaps, that you have a 60,000 capacity stadium - the second highest for club football in England?

Players like Mertesacker, Wilshere, Ramsey, Walcott, Oxlade, Ozil, and Giroud?

The fact that Arsenal have won the joint second highest amount of English titles in the Premier League era? And the consecutive number of years Arsenal are in the Champions League?

Doesn't that make Arsenal an elite club? If we're using economic might to determine the status of a club, then QPR are doing pretty well.

The question is what is making us an elite club when we spend so little money and have to recruit teenagers from the championship (ramsey, walcott)?

All of the above.

And you make it sound like Arsenal don't have a pot to p!ss in. Was Ozil recruited from the Championship? Must have missed that!

And how many billionaires have a share in Arsenal football club?

Duty281

Posts : 21408
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by Champagne_Socialist on Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:56 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Is it something to do with the fact, perhaps, that you have a 60,000 capacity stadium - the second highest for club football in England?

Players like Mertesacker, Wilshere, Ramsey, Walcott, Oxlade, Ozil, and Giroud?

The fact that Arsenal have won the joint second highest amount of English titles in the Premier League era? And the consecutive number of years Arsenal are in the Champions League?

Doesn't that make Arsenal an elite club? If we're using economic might to determine the status of a club, then QPR are doing pretty well.

The question is what is making us an elite club when we spend so little money and have to recruit teenagers from the championship (ramsey, walcott)?

All of the above.

And you make it sound like Arsenal don't have a pot to p!ss in. Was Ozil recruited from the Championship? Must have missed that!

And how many billionaires have a share in Arsenal football club?

Ozil was only recruited this season and the season is not over so we can't discuss this season (especially as we should win the fa cup anyway). Also ozil money is only available now because the stadium debt is nearly all gone.


Also all of the above does not apply, how does having a 60,000 seat stadium keep us as a big team? bigger stadiums = more money but we still spent less than stoke due to debt from the stadium needing to be paid off.

Billionaire owner means nothing when he is not willing to spend his money so an irrelevant point.

Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by westisbest on Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:58 pm

Duty281 wrote:
westisbest wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
socal1976 wrote:You guys are hilarious. All you seem to want to talk about is how much of a failure Arsenal and Wenger are. Keep beating that dead horse over and over again. I am happy with the club I follow, and enjoy watching their matches win or lose. And I also happy with the recent direction and improvement that i see. You better keep getting in your shots at failure Arsenal because with the good young core of talent we have and the financially strong position we are in now I can see our era of failure ending soon and trophies coming in the not to distant future.

I'm sure you are - it's called being a "supporter".

And what direction are Arsenal exactly taking, or is nine years of nothing going to be made up with one, possible, FA Cup win? As far as I can see, Arsenal are fighting for 3rd/4th...again. Arsenal have been knocked out of the Champions League in the last 16...again. If it's a direction, it's not exactly a forward one.

If I were an Arsenal fan, I'd be seething at the lack of investment, Ozil, obviously, aside. No top four club should have Bendtner and Sanogo as their main back-up options to their main striker.

We have not had 9 years of nothing. We have had 9 years of champions league football including final appearances and semi final and quarter final, we have also been in 2 domestic finals in that time and look dead favourites to be in a 3rd and win the fa cup.

And there are alot of clubs in the prem that would kill for that.

Arsenal aren't like "alot of clubs" though.

Yes, but there are alot of clubs who would rather be in their position.

I would rather 9 years of no trophy playing champions league/top 4, than 9 years no trophy scrapping down the bottom, which i've had enough of.

westisbest

Posts : 7236
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by Champagne_Socialist on Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:59 pm

Come on Duty you know there is one overriding major reason why Arsnel are still a top 10 team in the world.

You know the one major reason why we can compete with Chelsea and City and United who have spent hundreds of millions of pounds more than us on transfers.

The reason why we are a major club is because of Wenger and his team. Wenger manages to find talent from the championship and from the french league and our youth team and turn their skills into a major force in europe.

Wenger knows exactly what tactics are needed to keep us as an elite level team and keep us challenging with the big boys who spend hundreds of millions of pounds on expensive players.

Wenger is the reason we are still an elite club.

Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:01 pm

Champagne_Socialist wrote:
Olly wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Are we saying that Arsenal aren't an elite English club, one of the few? Headscratch

What has made us an elite club? Man city are an elite club because they spend £200 million every transfer window,

What makes Arsenal an elite club when our net spend is less than that of Stoke's?

So does mean QPR are more of an elite club than Dortmund seeming as they spend more on players?

That is not what I am saying. I am asking Duty to explain how or why Arsenal are still an elite club when we go some seasons spending less net money than teams that get relegated.

What is the reason why?

Being an elite club isn't defined by your net spend

Surely you think Arsenal are one of the elite clubs in England? Most elite in London for sure?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Posts : 47080
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 24
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by Duty281 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:01 pm

Champagne_Socialist wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Is it something to do with the fact, perhaps, that you have a 60,000 capacity stadium - the second highest for club football in England?

Players like Mertesacker, Wilshere, Ramsey, Walcott, Oxlade, Ozil, and Giroud?

The fact that Arsenal have won the joint second highest amount of English titles in the Premier League era? And the consecutive number of years Arsenal are in the Champions League?

Doesn't that make Arsenal an elite club? If we're using economic might to determine the status of a club, then QPR are doing pretty well.

The question is what is making us an elite club when we spend so little money and have to recruit teenagers from the championship (ramsey, walcott)?

All of the above.

And you make it sound like Arsenal don't have a pot to p!ss in. Was Ozil recruited from the Championship? Must have missed that!

And how many billionaires have a share in Arsenal football club?

Ozil was only recruited this season and the season is not over so we can't discuss this season (especially as we should win the fa cup anyway). Also ozil money is only available now because the stadium debt is nearly all gone.


Also all of the above does not apply, how does having a 60,000 seat stadium keep us as a big team? bigger stadiums = more money but we still spent less than stoke due to debt from the stadium needing to be paid off.

Billionaire owner means nothing when he is not willing to spend his money so an irrelevant point.

How about the elite quality of players Arsenal have at their disposal?
Arsene Wenger as manager - once magnificent and still considerable.

And we can't discuss this season, you say? OK, how about Giroud (£13 million), Podolski (£11 million), Cazorla (£15 million) - all signed in the summer of 2012. Before that, Oxlade (£12.5 million), Arteta (£10 million), Mertesacker (£8million) - will that suffice?

Duty281

Posts : 21408
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by Duty281 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:04 pm

Champagne_Socialist wrote:Come on Duty you know there is one overriding major reason why Arsnel are still a top 10 team in the world.

You know the one major reason why we can compete with Chelsea and City and United who have spent hundreds of millions of pounds more than us on transfers.

The reason why we are a major club is because of Wenger and his team. Wenger manages to find talent from the championship and from the french league and our youth team and turn their skills into a major force in europe.

Wenger knows exactly what tactics are needed to keep us as an elite level team and keep us challenging with the big boys who spend hundreds of millions of pounds on expensive players.

Wenger is the reason we are still an elite club.

So you are an elite club?

In that case, don't you agree that elite clubs, certainly ones who are supposedly top ten in the world, should have their success defined by trophies?

Duty281

Posts : 21408
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by Ent on Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:04 pm

Look arsenal have plenty of money, the last 3 seasons they have spent over £40 million in the transfer market and they have a wage bill of around £140 million a year.

The solution is to stop spending money on absolute crap like Santos and Gervinho, stop going to the bargain bucket.

United have been guilty of this too (be it at a higher level) wasting millions on the likes of Young, Bebe etc.

Ent

Posts : 7337
Join date : 2011-05-02

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by Champagne_Socialist on Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:04 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Is it something to do with the fact, perhaps, that you have a 60,000 capacity stadium - the second highest for club football in England?

Players like Mertesacker, Wilshere, Ramsey, Walcott, Oxlade, Ozil, and Giroud?

The fact that Arsenal have won the joint second highest amount of English titles in the Premier League era? And the consecutive number of years Arsenal are in the Champions League?

Doesn't that make Arsenal an elite club? If we're using economic might to determine the status of a club, then QPR are doing pretty well.

The question is what is making us an elite club when we spend so little money and have to recruit teenagers from the championship (ramsey, walcott)?

All of the above.

And you make it sound like Arsenal don't have a pot to p!ss in. Was Ozil recruited from the Championship? Must have missed that!

And how many billionaires have a share in Arsenal football club?

Ozil was only recruited this season and the season is not over so we can't discuss this season (especially as we should win the fa cup anyway). Also ozil money is only available now because the stadium debt is nearly all gone.


Also all of the above does not apply, how does having a 60,000 seat stadium keep us as a big team? bigger stadiums = more money but we still spent less than stoke due to debt from the stadium needing to be paid off.

Billionaire owner means nothing when he is not willing to spend his money so an irrelevant point.

How about the elite quality of players Arsenal have at their disposal?
Arsene Wenger as manager - once magnificent and still considerable.

And we can't discuss this season, you say? OK, how about Giroud (£13 million), Podolski (£11 million), Cazorla (£15 million) - all signed in the summer of 2012. Before that, Oxlade (£12.5 million), Arteta (£10 million), Mertesacker (£8million) - will that suffice?

Ox was a championship player. And we had to sell 'better' players to buy those players hence why I used the word net spend. We had to sell fabregas, nasri, toure, clichy, adebayor, van persie, song etc etc

I am glad you finally spoke of wenger as the main reason, which therefore undermines your previous posts that wenger is a failure if you are agreeing now that wenger is the reason arsenal are still an elite club.

Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by westisbest on Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:06 pm

Anyway, Olly I see you play Saints saturday.

Hope you beat them.

Had a £20 bet with a mate(saints fan) at the start of the season, over who would finish higher out of Saints and Villa.

Hmm  losing that one fast.

westisbest

Posts : 7236
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by Champagne_Socialist on Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:06 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:Come on Duty you know there is one overriding major reason why Arsnel are still a top 10 team in the world.

You know the one major reason why we can compete with Chelsea and City and United who have spent hundreds of millions of pounds more than us on transfers.

The reason why we are a major club is because of Wenger and his team. Wenger manages to find talent from the championship and from the french league and our youth team and turn their skills into a major force in europe.

Wenger knows exactly what tactics are needed to keep us as an elite level team and keep us challenging with the big boys who spend hundreds of millions of pounds on expensive players.

Wenger is the reason we are still an elite club.

So you are an elite club?

In that case, don't you agree that elite clubs, certainly ones who are supposedly top ten in the world, should have their success defined by trophies?

Of couse not, becuse we are competing with even better elite teams such as madrid, or barcelona, or bayern or united or city or chelsea for trophies or teams that spend more money than us eg tottenham, liverpool, everton, villa, stoke, qpr etc etc etc

Success is not defined purely by trophies.

Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly on Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:07 pm

westisbest wrote:Anyway, Olly I see you play Saints saturday.

Hope you beat them.

Had a £20 bet with a mate(saints fan) at the start of the season, over who would finish higher out of Saints and Villa.

Hmm  losing that one fast.

You can hope all you want Westi it ain't happening  Laugh

On both things haha
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly

Posts : 47080
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 24
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x' - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 13/14 Thread Part 'x'

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum