The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama has 90 minute conversation with Putin

+3
Duty281
TRUSSMAN66
kingraf
7 posters

Go down

Obama has  90 minute conversation with Putin Empty Obama has 90 minute conversation with Putin

Post by kingraf Sun 02 Mar 2014, 4:05 pm

Anyone actually believe this? I mean, I called my girlfriend for 20 minutes when she was in Miami over the holidays, but by the end I'd gotten bored and would have rather seen the grass grow on my newly painted wall... And we actually like each other... Anyone here a particular phone hoarder? How do I improve my small talk over the phone skills? Is it genetic?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Obama has  90 minute conversation with Putin Empty Re: Obama has 90 minute conversation with Putin

Post by Guest Mon 03 Mar 2014, 1:21 pm

Given the language barrier, it was probably a 20 minute conversation that was extended due to the use of interpreter's. My guess is that by 15 mins, conversation was stilted so Obama got off the phone by asking what Putin thought of Julian Clary

Back to top Go down

Obama has  90 minute conversation with Putin Empty Re: Obama has 90 minute conversation with Putin

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 03 Mar 2014, 4:26 pm

I hate the mobile phone.........Although I have unlimited internet access.........

Funny thing is however much I hate it.......It seems a huge part of my life as I'm generally being told what needs bringing home at least five times daily... Asked when a project will be ready for another five (when one can simply walk down a flight of stairs)...Having to chase up information at least another five............and then being accosted for money or something else by an ingrate probably for another five.......

Give me a desert island any day...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 03 Mar 2014, 5:23 pm

I sorta go along that theory, Dave... Think the call went something like,

- "Don't invade Ukraine"
- "Uh... no"
- "Why not?"
- Ever wandered how the Beatles would have reunited?"
- "No..."
- "Well I wander about how the USSR would perform in the 21st century, Starting a band, Barry, starting a band"... I'd like to think the next 88 minutes were discussions about their favorite G8 members, and why pretending Kiev have anuclear weapons is a old trick no one would buy.

Not much of a phone man myself, Trussy... Love the internet, but unless its an emergency, can't see why I need to call you.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 03 Mar 2014, 5:53 pm

I would have thought in this modern age that it would have been easier for Obama and Putin to Skype each other.

Some people have no idea of progress.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Mar 2014, 5:59 pm

But then Putin would have had to put his clothes on and wash all that slaughtered bear's blood off himself Duty.

For a young vibrant thrusting young man such as yourself, you do lack commonsense (your 'rimming on a fist date" attitude is proof of this) and I do believe that some form of correction is long overdue

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 03 Mar 2014, 6:07 pm

Putins a real mans man. Nation invader, Judo Black belt, Rides outrageously large bears, Can pull of a balding part... Imagine Genghis Khan would have posters of Putin on his wall..
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Mon 03 Mar 2014, 11:29 pm

Just send in this beast. Top class peace negotiator

Obama has  90 minute conversation with Putin Alpaca%2Bface.bitmap

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 03 Mar 2014, 11:45 pm

Putin won't listen to Obama. Im expecting a nuclear war by 2016.

Mobile Phones are evil just end up giving your number to people your trying to avoid already.  Laugh 

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 04 Mar 2014, 12:02 pm

Not sure what Obama can do about it........Not his problem..

Not sure what anybody can do about Putin........

Putin is in charge of most of Europe's gas supply.........So I imagine it will be a time of mock outrage at the occupation by Europe's leaders.......whilst privately discussing deals........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 05 Mar 2014, 7:46 pm

Crimea is full of Russians.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 05 Mar 2014, 9:55 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Crimea is full of Russians.

Who don't necessarily support a pro-Russian government, oddly enough.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fourth Lion Thu 06 Mar 2014, 1:10 am

kingraf wrote:Anyone actually believe this? I mean, I called my girlfriend for 20 minutes when she was in Miami over the holidays, but by the end I'd gotten bored and would have rather seen the grass grow on my newly painted wall... And we actually like each other... Anyone here a particular phone hoarder? How do I improve my small talk over the phone skills? Is it genetic?

Should you ever have daughters, Kingraf, by the time they are teenagers, you'll find out all about excessive phone usage.  

Thankfully, in the age of the mobile phone you won't have to have an additional landline installed in your house so they can both be talking to their friends at the same time.

There was one time where mine were both talking to the same person, on two different phones at the same time..!!  I jest you not.   Their mate had worked out how to stretch the line from her parents lounge to close enough to the kitchen extension so she could take two calls at once. It just so happened that I caught both my girls talking to her at the same time, one on our lounge phone and the other in the hall.  

I had to grudgingly admit that, actually, this was pretty good problem resolution:   How to hold a three way conversation on the phone without a Conference Call facility.
The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down