The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ronnie O'Sullivan wins Welsh Open with a 147

+2
lorus59
Taylorman
6 posters

Go down

Ronnie O'Sullivan wins Welsh Open with a 147 Empty Ronnie O'Sullivan wins Welsh Open with a 147

Post by Taylorman Mon 03 Mar 2014, 4:41 am

For me as close to sporting perfection as is possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVfUhWjkp0A

Winning the title with a 147 in the final frame. Ding took 3 frames, Barry Hawkins 2 and the rest 1 frame a piece in the entire tournament. And the best thing is Ronnie looks far more comfortable with the game and more importantly himself than he has for a long time.

A small pity that the commentators keep asking him stupid questions and don't 'get' his line of thinking- reference to his praise of Ding.

Fantastic, couldnt have asked for a better birthday present! Loved it...more please ...king 

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Ronnie O'Sullivan wins Welsh Open with a 147 Empty Re: Ronnie O'Sullivan wins Welsh Open with a 147

Post by lorus59 Mon 03 Mar 2014, 9:25 am

Maybe he is becoming too dominant. When he plays now, it's a foregone conclusion. He is untouchable at the moment. Despite how brilliant he is to watch, is it really good for snooker?

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Ronnie O'Sullivan wins Welsh Open with a 147 Empty Re: Ronnie O'Sullivan wins Welsh Open with a 147

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 03 Mar 2014, 10:36 am

There are just no words to adequately do justice to that final red of the 147.

With his 'wrong' hand, with less than a full pocket to aim at due to the angle, screwing back at pace, with left hand side, about two thirds of the table. To get the pot when having to be so precise was superb - to judge the screw to the inch and finish pretty much perfectly on the black along with it was truly incredible, though.

When Hendry announced his retirement, I felt that his claim to being the greatest player to have picked up a cue was still fairly secure. But I think at the very least O'Sullivan has put himself on equal terms now - and if he wins at Sheffield again one more time (and he'll be a big favourite to do so this year), then it'd cement O'Sullivan as the undisputed number one across all eras, even if he doesn't quite match Hendry's haul of titles and years as world number one in the rankings.

I'm not, and never have been, a fan of O'Sullivan in terms of his personality and attitude, but he really is something else when he's at his best.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Tue 04 Mar 2014, 3:42 am

Yes that final red was incredible. The path back between pink and black was so acute that the margin for error for position was huge. To do it left handed under those circs- 147 as the icing on the cake was nothing short of genius.

The Ronnie of today looks much more at peace, happier to play and really looked like he was enjoying it. A lot of its got to be due to his mindset of late, possibly Doctor Steve Peters and his Chimp paradox model (something Im half through now).

As long as he gets through the earlier rounds at Sheffield he should win it again, then who knows. He might actually start looking forward to playing.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 04 Mar 2014, 12:47 pm

Every time I see this guy play I want him to lose.....

Never understand snooker lovers supporting a guy who is only derogatory and disrespectful to the game that made him......

When he's disrespecting the game he's disrespecting the fans.......

Then again I'm old school.............

All a little bit like Tiger Woods nuthuggers...

They support a guy who wouldn't p**s on them If they were on fire !!

Support someone more deserving than this class-less knob.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 04 Mar 2014, 3:44 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Support someone more deserving than this class-less knob.

Mate met him at running race event. Said he was a top bloke with loads of time for people.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by daraghj82 Fri 07 Mar 2014, 10:50 am

great performance from ronnie, he is much happier with himself and he knows what no. of tournaments to play in order to stay sharp, on this form ronnie is well on cue for his 6th title, if he plays his a game he will win another WC  Very Happy 

daraghj82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down