The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official PS Vita Games Review Thread

3 posters

Go down

The Official PS Vita Games Review Thread Empty The Official PS Vita Games Review Thread

Post by Steffan Mon 03 Mar 2014, 5:21 pm

Purchased mine just after xmas but only now getting around to playing it as been a bit busy with Uni work

I traded in a load of PS3 games and the only one there that stood out in the shop was 'Uncharted Golden Abyss' (a bit clichéd for an archaeologist I agree)  Laugh

Must admit I was a bit disappointed. There is actually nothing wrong with the game as such but I just think the series has possibly run its course for the time being and the whole...do some climbing, shoot some people, solve a puzzle and then do some more climbing just gets a bit the same old if you have played the previous ones. I didnt bother completing it

Next up I traded in a batch of PSP games and only 'Wipeout 2048' was there that appealed. Despite this not really being my type of game I actually really enjoyed it especially the combat mode. It get a bit boring after a while (as racing type games normally do) but I would actually recommend this for a bit of mindless fun and there are plenty of additional races/fights to do after completing the main part

Currently playing 'Arkham Origins'. I am very impressed so far but will wait until I finish it to review...

Regards

Steffan

Back to top Go down

The Official PS Vita Games Review Thread Empty Re: The Official PS Vita Games Review Thread

Post by B91212 Tue 04 Mar 2014, 2:46 am

Got one last summer for when working away but been surprised how much I've used it at home too (whilst pretending to watch tv with the Mrs) and also how I discovered some really good indie games as well as games I would never normally play. many of my games have come from PS Plus and in just 6 months I've filled a 32mb card and have just started a second one.

Main titles I've played-
AC III 7/10 - came with the Vita itself, surprised me really and think it plays better than the full sized consoles.
Killzone Mercenary 6/10 - only game I've played full price for ($36 or 20 quid). Visually impressive but long levels and you can't save the game mid-level, which for me is stupid for a console designed for playing on the move.
Limbo 9/10 - only paid $2.75. Went for it on a whim, really clever game for me and got me hooked. Not for everyone but great find as far I'm concerened.
Guacamelle - 5/10 - gets plenty of good ratings but doesn't live up to the hype for me.
OlliOlli - 8/10 - Only cost $10, damn simple yet addictive 2D indie skateboarding side scroller from a UK developer.
Tearaway - 9.5/10 - Got it on 50% off Christmas sale as the Mrs had read about it and wanted to try it. She still hasn't played it but I was well surprised when I did, looks like a kiddie's game but it is brilliantly clever and really utilizes the Vita's features such as the camera and the touchscreen. Design is unique and the story well written. It's the opposite of the kind of game I would normally play but I think it's the best game I've played on the Vita so far.
Urban Trial Freestyle - 6/10 - blatant copy of Trials, handling not great, okay for free.

Got the following games free with PS Plus that I've not played yet-
Gravity Rush, Hotline Miami, ModNation racer, Rayman Origins, Street fighter vs Tekken, Sine Mora, Sonic Transformed, Soul Sacrifice, Strangers Wrath, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, WipOut 2048.

Also got a four pack of Lone Survivor, Proteus, Stealth Inc & Thomas Was Alone when on sale the other week for $12 but not played them yet either. Going to buy Need For Speed Most Wanted this week as it's on sale for $5.

B91212

Back to top Go down

The Official PS Vita Games Review Thread Empty Re: The Official PS Vita Games Review Thread

Post by Pr4wn Tue 04 Mar 2014, 7:40 am

Hotline Miami is supposed to be superb.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Tue 04 Mar 2014, 6:37 pm

Pr4wn wrote:Hotline Miami is supposed to be superb.
I heard that too thanks and may give it a go next. The developer is supposed to be working on a follow up.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 09 Mar 2014, 9:17 pm

Tearaway has been voted on some polls as best Vita game ever (so far) and I might give it a crack

Couldnt get on that well with Arkham Origins. I guess just like games nowadays where I can just pick up and play...either that or my attention span is getting worse. Killzone is due next week so hope I get on with

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Tue 11 Mar 2014, 9:35 pm

Still can't quite believe I like Tearaway. It's a kids game more suited to my 9 year old niece than me but it's just so damn clever and uses the Vita's features more than any other game I've played. At first the design and graphics seem very basic but once you get into playing it you realise not only how well done they are but also how unique some of the in game level features are (such as using the rear touch screen to 'tear' paper to create bridge to travel over). Soundtrack is okay too, certainly not what you would expect.

I was playing GTA V at the same time as playing Tearaway and the content of both games are about as opposite to each other as possible.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down