The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

V2 Magazine...World Championship Review

5 posters

Go down

V2 Magazine...World Championship Review Empty V2 Magazine...World Championship Review

Post by owen10ozzy Thu 13 Mar 2014, 14:28

Hi Snooker fans,

As some of you may now we now have our very own magazine which is released at the end of each month. We are attempting to add as much content and vary the sports we cover every month and would like to feature some snooker in the 3rd edition. With that being said I am looking for a couple of people who would be able to write some preview/review pieces for the following upcoming tournaments:

2014 World Championship Review

You don't need to be a journalist or have experience or anything. Just an interest in the sport and ability/time to write something is suffice.

The magazine is a great source of income to keep the forum and all subsequent areas of it (Podcasts & V2 Journal) running so any help that can be given is of great benefit to all.

Just PM me or post on here if you are interested in covering either of the topics.

Regards Owen,

Last edited by owen10ozzy on Tue 01 Apr 2014, 00:20; edited 2 times in total

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

V2 Magazine...World Championship Review Empty Re: V2 Magazine...World Championship Review

Post by The Special Juan Thu 13 Mar 2014, 20:00

I can do the WC preview but am a bit swamped at the moment so if anyone else wants to do it they are welcome to.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

V2 Magazine...World Championship Review Empty Re: V2 Magazine...World Championship Review

Post by owen10ozzy Wed 19 Mar 2014, 15:31

Hi Pal,

Would be fantastic if you could do it, not had interest from anywhere else. Your piece on the Masters was excellent so know your more than capable.

Magazine is published on the 31st so as long as I get it by 29th it's ok...still alright to do this?

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 19 Mar 2014, 19:01

I'll do my best.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sat 29 Mar 2014, 14:37

I'll have the article for today. It would be typical that when I sit down to write it I get visitors!!
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 01 Apr 2014, 00:22

Hi again Snooker fans,

So with the preview up and in this months magazine...time to look ahead to April.

Will anyone be watching the Worlds and if so can anyone put together a review of it to go in the 4th month of the magazine.

Same routine, let me know on here or PM me for further discussion.

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Apr 2014, 18:43

The Special Juan wrote:I'll have the article for today.  It would be typical that when I sit down to write it I get visitors!!

The downside of prison I'm afraid Juan.

Back to top Go down

Post by EdWoodjr Fri 18 Apr 2014, 16:33

Almost bizarre to see a WC draw without Mark ' I'm not really bothered' Williams. His conqueror, Alan McManus' 1st rounder against John Higgins has 'stinker' written all over it and that's coming from a Scotsman. Betting-wise, O'Sullivan is the shortest-priced favourite since Hendry's heyday and only the big-hitters will have some of the 6/4 or so on offer. However, only 2 bad sessions in a match will stop him equalling Davis' and Reardon's tally and only a fool would bet against him bettering Stephen ' Good luck in the divorce court, Mandy ' Hendry's record Crucible tally. Me ? We're long overdue 2 or more 147s in the same tournament so I've taken the 6/1 on offer.
Bring it on. Let's hope, at the very least, we get a final that stays in the mind for longer than 30 sec.

EdWoodjr

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri 18 Apr 2014, 18:58

Sorry if I struggle to drum up any enthusiasm for this tournament which once was the height of excitement and expectation. Standards have dipped and with it the competitiveness has gone with it. Who was it that tried to claim snooker today has so much strength in depth compared to the 80s and 90s?
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by EdWoodjr Fri 18 Apr 2014, 19:48

CaledonianCraig wrote:Sorry if I struggle to drum up any enthusiasm for this tournament which once was the height of excitement and expectation. Standards have dipped and with it the competitiveness has gone with it. Who was it that tried to claim snooker today has so much strength in depth compared to the 80s and 90s?

I'm loathe to say this but :

Hear hear.

Snooker is fading, year by year, from the mainstream and Barry Hearn has his work cut out to change matters.
I love the game, in fact I'll watch a Barry Pinches-Gary Wilkinson 35-framer (just) but even I'm struggling to muster enthusiasm. The amount of snooker on this board says it all.

EdWoodjr

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri 18 Apr 2014, 20:24

The thing is the sport needs competitiveness and great rivalries and it just doesn't have it anymore. In the past we had Davis v White or A.Higgins or Hendry V White or Davis or J.Higgins or O'Sullivan or Williams etc etc etc. Now it is O'Sullivan V who? It is clear that since John Higgins went past his best as have others like Williams nobody has stepped in to take up the baton as consistent challenger and the sport is suffering for it. We have had false dawns like Judd Trump and Mark Allen to name two but they are not in the category of consistent challengers and I doubt they ever will be. Sad and I see nothing looming on the horizon.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Fri 18 Apr 2014, 20:25

Dominic Dale is going to walk this.

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed 07 May 2014, 11:35

Interesting World Championship once all was said and done; fair few upsets and a great final albeit not the best for those that wanted high breaks and fast action.

Anyone able to do a review for the magazine? Deadline June 2nd...although if it can be done before then that would be a big bonus.

Let me know on here or via a PM, thanks in advance.

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 07 May 2014, 18:31

I'm so busy at the moment but I'll have it done by the end of the month (after the 27th I'm free).
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down