The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FBI Raid Golden Boy

+4
AlexHuckerby
milkyboy
kingraf
hampo17
8 posters

Go down

FBI Raid Golden Boy Empty FBI Raid Golden Boy

Post by hampo17 Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:33 pm

LOS ANGELES — As if Oscar de la Hoya‘s post-retirement life hasn’t been hard enough, boxaldia.com reported that the FBI raided the offices of his boxing promotion company Golden Boy Promotions as part of an investigation into the company’s finances.

The agents took with them stationery and a computer, which they hope to use in making their case against Golden Boy Promotions , which they suspect is funneling money between accounts in the United States and Thailand. They have their sights on CEO Richard Schaefer, who is suspected of bringing money from their multiple accounts in Thailand to the United States without informing the government. An anonymous source told boxaldia.com what went down this week:

“[The FBI] is already investigating, but the only thing that caused the investigation was that they began to try to hide the evidence. So the FBI had to act, they were in the offices and various papers and a computer were taken. The FBI was there on site and were in the offices of Oscar de la Hoya, here in America you know they are investigating.”

The anonymous source added that Golden Boy Promotions’s shady dealings will only become more public by the day.

“This country does not forgive those who do not pay taxes and those monies and handled for shady dealings and they have no records. That’s why they are evading, as in the case of Mosley was given money aside, not recorded for two reasons, one because he was divorced and had to give half of the bag to his wife, the other is that it was the work he did to Saul (Canelo) Alvarez.”

De la Hoya has largely remained out of the spotlight since September, when he admitted that he hasn’t been cured of his problem with alcohol and is seeking treatment. He left rehab just before Christmas and has been working to end what he calls the “cold war” between Golden Boy Promotions and rival Top Rank, headed by Bob Arum and considers Manny Pacquiao and Antonio Margarito as its fighters.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

FBI Raid Golden Boy Empty Re: FBI Raid Golden Boy

Post by kingraf Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:59 am

It's like the last fifty years never happened
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:15 am

Its a witch hunt. The multiple Thai accounts are just there to fund oscar's insatiable ladyboy habit. It's an addiction, the FBI should show a little sympathy and discretion. If oscar was British, we'd import them for him on the NHS so the poor lad didn't have to go cold turkey... choking.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:40 pm

Oscar's clearly into some freaky sheet...

Milky may be right.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:39 pm

considers Manny Pacquiao and Antonio Margarito as its fighters

Thought he's retired never to be seen again

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:21 pm

I have yet to see any of this reported by a reputable source, only random foreign websites.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:24 pm

I thought it said the FBI r*** Golden boy............

Thought it was a thread on the Trinidad fight.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:48 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I thought it said the FBI r*** Golden boy............

Thought it was a thread on the Trinidad fight.

Just read a take on that here:

http://www.15rounds.com/why-i-will-be-in-las-vegas-in-april-031714/

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:58 am

Haz, that's a long, confused and badly written article to have to plough through just to get to the paragraph you're interested in...  The one that says your favourite fighter of the era didn't get a gift against your least favourite!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:19 am

milkyboy wrote:Haz, that's a long, confused and badly written article to have to plough through just to get to the paragraph you're interested in...  The one that says your favourite fighter of the era didn't get a gift against your least favourite!

That's the one!

Bart Barry's a good writer -- not one of his best but badly written?

My opinion is that the fight was as close to a draw as they come. I highlighted this in support of my argument (Barry is a well-respected writer). Should I not do this in future?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:29 am

Bart Barry is respected...........So that means I should change my mind about Trinidad-Oscar ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:48 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Bart Barry is respected...........So that means I should change my mind about Trinidad-Oscar ??

No-one's asking anyone to change their mind. It's just interesting to see an additional viewpoint. Generally, people defer to experts in the field. It's why all of those people in suits are wheeled onto news programmes.

It would be a bit weird if someone from 606v2 popped up on BBC Breakfast to offer insight into the Malaysian plane mystery wouldn't it?

Last edited by hazharrison on Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:50 am

hazharrison wrote:
milkyboy wrote:Haz, that's a long, confused and badly written article to have to plough through just to get to the paragraph you're interested in...  The one that says your favourite fighter of the era didn't get a gift against your least favourite!

That's the one!

My opinion is that the fight was as close to a draw as they come. I highlighted this in support of my argument (Barry is a well-respected writer). Should I not do this in future?

It was a close fight. The argument has always been that it was easy to score though and Oscar had enough in the bank before he got on his bike. Haven't watched it for a while but I think a few of the earlier rounds were close enough to question that theory.

The article kept going off on tangents, losing its flow. He seems to like long convoluted sentences that are more directed at showing how clever he is and the breadth of his vocabulary than providing meaningful information. So not well written for me, but each to their own.

Quite happy for you to keep linking articles fella, many are interesting. Merely ribbing you that this one went round the houses before making one of your favourite points.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:51 am

The point I thought was of value related to the HBO commentary, which was slanted towards Oscar and so contributed to this supposed "robbery".

It was the same deal in the Mosley rematch -- didn't Oscar try to get the feds in to investigate?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:52 am

milkyboy wrote:
hazharrison wrote:

That's the one!

It was a close fight. The argument has always been that it was easy to score though and Oscar had enough in the bank before he got on his bike. Haven't watched it for a while but I think a few of the earlier rounds were close enough to question that theory.

The article kept going off on tangents, losing its flow. He seems to like long convoluted sentences that are more directed at showing how clever he is and the breadth of his vocabulary than providing meaningful information. So not well written for me, but each to their own.

Quite happy for you to keep linking articles fella, many are interesting. Merely ribbing you that this one went round the houses before making one of your favourite points.

It was repetitive, I agree. He's usually on point but I get what you mean.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:58 am

Just think this "respected" stuff is meant to make us look at our opinions....

You're a bright guy but you seem to forget that...........

1. Writers have their own prejudices............

2. No one is unbiased...........

3. Respected writers like Nat Fleischer wrote that Ali was overrated and that Dempsey whacks him out early...

The way you bow to these guys Mate........Is detrimental to yourself Haz.......You are every bit as much of an expert as this guy........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:00 am

May be a respected writer, but that was an awfully written article. Just read like a Yank trying too hard to sound intelligent and completely screwing up his English prose in the process.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:16 am

I do agree that the HBO commentary on any fight can sway opinion especially if a big name fighter is involved. Its a fight that I dont think Trinidad deserved to win but at the same time Oscar threw it away enough to make it close.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down