The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why wasn't this a red card?

+24
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Pete330v2
ChequeredJersey
TJ
MrsP
whocares
nathan
Cyril
No 7&1/2
Dubbelyew L Overate
GunsGerms
jbeadlesbigrighthand
GloriousEmpire
ebop
Biltong
mckay1402
lostinwales
Slow and Sedate
Submachine
Chunky Norwich
Rory_Gallagher
R!skysports
Notch
san
28 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Why wasn't this a red card? - Page 3 Empty Why wasn't this a red card?

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri 21 Mar 2014, 09:31

First topic message reminder :

Why wasn't this a red card? - Page 3 Healy1

Why wasn't this a red card? - Page 3 Healy4

If not - why on EARTH was it not cited and the thug Irish scumbag banned?

It is a flying headbutt to the neck and head.

Discrageful.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Why wasn't this a red card? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why wasn't this a red card?

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 03 Apr 2014, 08:41

Pete330v2 wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:
Notch wrote: No arm clear out at the breakdown- maybe 1 or 2 weeks max. It was a physical game, these things happen. Slap on the wrist territory.

No.

It's a flying headbutt to the face.

It's a 10 weeker given his previous for dangerous play.

Where exactly is it you have your face? On the top of your rather vacuous head? That's where the 'flying headbutt' lands.
Perhaps you should join the citing panels and arrange hearings for such things as 'caused a nasty bruise' or 'made a man fall over'. Perhaps you should just remain the keyboard warrior that you are.

Kind Regards

Another Irish thug
Scottie, do you really want me to answer that with reference to Chunk-heid?!

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 03 Apr 2014, 12:12

TJ wrote:Why does anyone answer this nasty piece of work chunky norwich?  Best ignored

Odd post.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachos Jones Fri 04 Apr 2014, 14:14

GloriousEmpire wrote:If referees correctly policed ruck entry and participation (as I've been banging on about for weeks now) this would be impossible.

Players need to (a) be on their feet. (B) bind to a team mate on entry (c) keep their heads above their hips.

Both players should've been penalised long before the offence.

This, this I agree with 100%.

For me, i was screaming because I thought that Cian may have cost Ireland the game. I have no explanation as to what he was doing but in the red zone he can consider himself very lucky not to have at least received a yellow card.

He doesn't get many cards or ban's but he is definitely getting a bit of a bad reputation for foul play and its only a matter of time before ref's start watching him a little more closely.

Nachos Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerFan Sat 19 Apr 2014, 09:55

The Irish guy was lucky. 9 out of 10 times that's a red, no questions asked, but then again, once in a while, the ref overlooks it.

RuggerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fourth Lion Sun 20 Apr 2014, 01:58

I sometimes worry about the future of rugby, and if I said that I saw all this coming when the game went professional back in '95, I'd probably be dismissed as an old f**t and you'd probably be right, but I make no apologies for being of the rugby old school.  

I notice that there is a lot of this "give him a red card" mentality creeping in amongst commentators.  In the match between Gloucester and Bath last week, when the referee issued one red card and several (ie: more than three but I lost count) yellow cards, the BT Sport team who covered the match... including one Austin Healey (never a sensible source of objective analysis) said that the referee ruined the match, and yet, during the game he (Healey) played at least four playbacks of incidents where he said the referee should have issued red cards.

Honestly, Austin.... four red cards in a game...?  Are you serious..?   Thirteen a side... that's rugby league and who wants to see that..?

Now.. this is rugby we're talking about here, right..?   A sport where there is never any fighting in the crowd because all the hooligans are on the pitch playing the game.

Now, I would be the first to agree that there are some acts of gratuitous violence taking place in rugby matches these days.  So, tell me what's new..??

A player throws a punch.... puts a shoulder in..... drops the nut on an opponent..... hands up anybody who has actually played this game who has never been on the giving or receiving end of this sort of thing..?   Of course (politically correct statement time)... I do not condone eye gouging or stamping on heads or any other such "beyond the pale" behaviour.

But rugby is hard.  It's visceral and at the risk of sounding like a dinosaur from a bygone age... it should be.   For 80 minutes we thump the holy bejasus out of each other and then we shake hands, clap each other off the pitch and then head for the bar.  That's the true spirit of rugby and I feel it is being slowly but surely lost.

I once played in an inter unit game where two players squared up to each other.  Nobody stepped in to part them and I heard the referee say  "I'll let them fight it out.  Whoever wins, I'll send him off and the loser will probably be carried off.  Then we can get on with the game."  Actually, that's how it turned out.  But in the bar after the match, the two protagonists were the best of mates.  That's rugby.  Or at least, that's how it used to be.

I don't like to hear people trying to get opponents sent off.   Is that the only way you can win the game, fellas..?   By getting the opposition reduced in numbers..?  Is that all you've got..?   How about fronting up instead and beating them regardless of what they do..?  Surely that is more in the noble traditions of the game.

OK... I know I'm going to be called a dinosaur for my opinions, but that's the rugby I grew up with and played for all those years.   I lost teeth, had my nose broken, had dislocations, broken fingers, had more stitches and retired from the game Hors de Combat more times than I can count but I wouldn't trade it for the world, and I wouldn't have wanted to see anybody sent off on my account.  

Whenever an opponent hit me, my response was to look him in the eye and say  "I'll see you at the next ruck, mate."

And I have not one solitary regret about that.

Getting opponents sent off is for the wimps and the faint hearted who think that is the only way they can win the game.

Pathetic.
The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue 24 Jun 2014, 22:05

Chunky Norwich wrote:Why wasn't this a red card? - Page 3 Healy1

Why wasn't this a red card? - Page 3 Healy4

If not - why on EARTH was it not cited and the thug Irish scumbag banned?

It is a flying headbutt to the neck and head.

Discrageful.

This is 5 weeks worse than that thug Healy (apparently)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6SnmESy2t4

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Wed 25 Jun 2014, 01:21

Maybe if the word IRISH was omitted from the opening sentence of the thread, and had not tarred an entire peoples with the behaviour of Cian Healy, the discussion might have been more technical about the aspects of his play and not polarised by nationhood.

It's summertime, let's leave that stuff for later. The sun is out, the girls on the beach (all legal age, mind) in quite the beach mode, a bit of beer and life is good.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3