General RL Discussion!

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

General RL Discussion!

Post by Luke on Mon 24 Mar 2014, 12:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

A thread we're we can discuss our sides, what's happening in RL, the future and everything else to do with Rugby League.

I really hope that Cas can keep up there early form and stay in the top 8.
Luke

Back to top Go down

Re: General RL Discussion!

Post by The Beast on Thu 13 Sep 2018, 9:47 pm

Alternatively there is a video of the Press conference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN08or47l0s&feature=youtu.be

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 on Fri 14 Sep 2018, 8:23 am

The Beast wrote:Good luck to whoever is chairing the meeting.

The problem boils down (as usual) to money SL wants a larger slice of the pie, if the proposal goes through and the next TV deal is £30m or less the RFL and lower league clubs money goes from £10m to zero which I would have thought would be the final nail in the coffin for a number of clubs (yes there could be a debate regarding mergers which whilst painful might be a way forward).

This is well worth a read and if the report of SL clubs threatening dual reg partners is true is imo very worrying.

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/16859328.super-league-club-is-accused-of-bullying-before-big-vote/
I think there will be blood on the carpet at the end of the day

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast on Fri 14 Sep 2018, 2:41 pm

To some surprise the new proposals have been voted through. SL will in 2019 return to one up one down P&R, a 5 team play-off and the extra "loop" fixture.

News on potential changes to the Championship & League 1 to hopefully follow one way or the other.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast on Fri 14 Sep 2018, 5:27 pm

And here is the Championship/League 1 news;

http://www.rugby-league.com/article/53433/betfred-championship-and-league--structure-

14 team championship no major change to League 1, no automatic relegation for any Championship club, the team finishing 12th playing the losing League 1 playoff side (coin flip for the venue) to decide the 14th team in the Championship in 2019.

In 2019 Championship, top 5 playoff for promotion, bottom 2 automatically relegated.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 on Fri 14 Sep 2018, 10:32 pm

The Beast wrote:To some surprise the new proposals have been voted through.  SL will in 2019 return to one up one down P&R, a 5 team play-off and the extra "loop" fixture.

News on potential changes to the Championship & League 1 to hopefully follow one way or the other.
I'm amazed it got passed to be honest, but what do i know.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/45520586

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast on Sat 15 Sep 2018, 12:21 pm

George Hotel1895 wrote:
The Beast wrote:To some surprise the new proposals have been voted through.  SL will in 2019 return to one up one down P&R, a 5 team play-off and the extra "loop" fixture.

I'm amazed it got passed to be honest, but what do i know.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/45520586

And the more I think about it the less I like it. At the end of day 11 of 12 SL chairmen have won the power struggle. The pressure is very much on Robert Elstone and those clubs to deliver a product and ensure the next broadcast deal delivers the money the game desperately needs.......or are they? If the money goes down to sub £30m the SL teams will be fine, everyone else can seemingly whistle. If the keep the parachute payment system, the current sides will have a major advantage over the everyone else.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke on Sat 15 Sep 2018, 3:44 pm

It was the wrong decision in my opinion. And makes even less sense than the current formula.

So you make SL less interesting from about June judging from the last 2 years.
You add in loop fixtures which didn't work last time which is why they were got rid of.
And you go for a 1up 1 down system, where the team that fini8top of the championship aren't the gaurennted team to go up? How can you say the reason for getting of the middle 8s is the unfair jeapody whilst allowing this system.

Oh and you destroy something that was working for more money for sl clubs.
Whilst also putting other clubs and the game into a state that could lead to peril.
Just so the sl clubs can get more money stinks in my opinion.
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum