General RL Discussion!

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

General RL Discussion! - Page 8 Empty General RL Discussion!

Post by Luke on Mon 24 Mar 2014, 12:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

A thread we're we can discuss our sides, what's happening in RL, the future and everything else to do with Rugby League.

I really hope that Cas can keep up there early form and stay in the top 8.
Luke
Luke

Posts : 3861
Join date : 2011-03-16
Location : Wst Yorkshire

Back to top Go down


General RL Discussion! - Page 8 Empty Re: General RL Discussion!

Post by Luke on Sun 09 Jun 2019, 2:24 pm

Totally agree.

This should have been the way for years.
Luke
Luke

Posts : 3861
Join date : 2011-03-16
Location : Wst Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

General RL Discussion! - Page 8 Empty Re: General RL Discussion!

Post by Luke on Sat 15 Jun 2019, 3:08 pm

As a Rovers fan, the result in last night's Leeds/Wigan game was what I preferred.
But it was a god awful game, and how Clubb's try us given and not a double movement I don't know.
Luke
Luke

Posts : 3861
Join date : 2011-03-16
Location : Wst Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

General RL Discussion! - Page 8 Empty Re: General RL Discussion!

Post by The Beast on Sat 15 Jun 2019, 8:20 pm

Admittedly I have not seen the Wigan/Leeds highlights but yes a good result for you eclipsed of course by your great win today particularly in light of the London game.

My question gentlemen is which is the biggest surprise today.

KR 16 Wire 14

Catalans 12 London 30

Toulouse 18 Swinton 20

The Beast

Posts : 977
Join date : 2012-04-21
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

General RL Discussion! - Page 8 Empty Re: General RL Discussion!

Post by Luke on Sun 16 Jun 2019, 1:53 pm

I know Toulouse had injuries. But to me the Swinton result is the best one.
Luke
Luke

Posts : 3861
Join date : 2011-03-16
Location : Wst Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

General RL Discussion! - Page 8 Empty Re: General RL Discussion!

Post by George Hotel1895 on Tue 25 Jun 2019, 8:28 pm

The Beast wrote:Looks like reserve grades will be mandatory soon.  This will have a big impact on some clubs e.g. Salford, Widnes.  

There are rules with not all clubs needing to have reserves, sorry I don't see the excuse, Bradford and Halifax can so all SL sides should be the absolute minimum and for me you can add academy sides to that too.
The sooner all clubs have reserve sides the better as far as I'm concerned

George Hotel1895

Posts : 1668
Join date : 2011-04-27
Location : A place i call paradise

Back to top Go down

General RL Discussion! - Page 8 Empty Re: General RL Discussion!

Post by The Beast on Sun 30 Jun 2019, 6:59 pm

Widnes have announced that they will go part time for next season. I simply cannot understand the RFL, a club in financial difficulties, no you can't let them go into administration without sanction but they have a 12 point deduction don't keep kicking them by taking their funding away.

Widnes club statement, very honest https://www.widnesvikings.co.uk/news/article/56202/a-statement-from-the-board

The Beast

Posts : 977
Join date : 2012-04-21
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

General RL Discussion! - Page 8 Empty Re: General RL Discussion!

Post by George Hotel1895 on Fri 12 Jul 2019, 8:24 am

The Beast wrote:Widnes have announced that they will go part time for next season.  I simply cannot understand the RFL, a club in financial difficulties, no you can't let them go into administration without sanction but they have a 12 point deduction don't keep kicking them by taking their funding away.

Widnes club statement, very honest https://www.widnesvikings.co.uk/news/article/56202/a-statement-from-the-board
All i can say is that Widnes have done the right thing in the circumstances if i have read this right, but i stand to be corrected if i haven't

George Hotel1895

Posts : 1668
Join date : 2011-04-27
Location : A place i call paradise

Back to top Go down

General RL Discussion! - Page 8 Empty Re: General RL Discussion!

Post by Luke on Fri 12 Jul 2019, 2:15 pm

To be honest, I think SL and the championship need to go to 14 teams.

You could then have bottom down, top up. And a play off for the other promotion spot.
Plus get rid of the extra games against the same opposition, 26 game league.
Luke
Luke

Posts : 3861
Join date : 2011-03-16
Location : Wst Yorkshire

Back to top Go down

General RL Discussion! - Page 8 Empty Re: General RL Discussion!

Post by The Beast on Sat 13 Jul 2019, 10:09 am

Just watched an interest Super League Back chat episode on You Tube with Michael Carter (Wakey CEO), James Ford (York Coach) and Damien Irvine (Bradford Commercial Director).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVgDl9vanvA

I appreciate there was some talk of Wigan/Saints not being shown on TV last night but for my money the rugby KR played was a breath of fresh air and I am enjoying the relegation battle rightly or wrongly more than the race for the top 5..

Interesting comments regarding the affect of reserve grade on Championship teams, no Fev are not breaking any rules but 20.....twenty dual reg players in a season....wow.

Finally some discussion on Private Equity firms looking at "investing" in Rugby League which I think is a potential banana skin, they would not do this for any other reason than to make money.

The Beast

Posts : 977
Join date : 2012-04-21
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

General RL Discussion! - Page 8 Empty Re: General RL Discussion!

Post by George Hotel1895 on Sat 13 Jul 2019, 4:10 pm

The Beast wrote:Just watched an interest Super League Back chat episode on You Tube with Michael Carter (Wakey CEO), James Ford (York Coach) and Damien Irvine (Bradford Commercial Director).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVgDl9vanvA

I appreciate there was some talk of Wigan/Saints not being shown on TV last night but for my money the rugby KR played was a breath of fresh air and I am enjoying the relegation battle rightly or wrongly more than the race for the top 5..

Interesting comments regarding the affect of reserve grade on Championship teams, no Fev are not breaking any rules but 20.....twenty dual reg players in a season....wow.

Finally some discussion on Private Equity firms looking at "investing" in Rugby League which I think is a potential banana skin, they would not do this for any other reason than to make money.
For the record I'm in favour of Reserve sides.

George Hotel1895

Posts : 1668
Join date : 2011-04-27
Location : A place i call paradise

Back to top Go down

General RL Discussion! - Page 8 Empty Re: General RL Discussion!

Post by The Beast on Sun 14 Jul 2019, 10:03 am

Agreed and scrapping dual registration. No problem with loans where injuries occur or in the unfortunate situation where lower league sides cannot field 17 players as has happened a couple of times (Bradford in 2017 for example).

I can't see how it is particularly good for anyone when players end up being shoved around multiple clubs. I also think the Championship at times has been skewed and sides exposed in the middle 8's when they have to rely on their own players.

The Beast

Posts : 977
Join date : 2012-04-21
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

General RL Discussion! - Page 8 Empty Re: General RL Discussion!

Post by The Beast Today at 10:07 am

Blake Austin is included in the England elite training squad. Whilst not 100% sure about this Australia & NZ have had similar situations and it appears to be a factor in most sports. Austin to his credit has given a strong interview outlining his commitment and approached the RFL (not the other way round). Thoughts?

The Beast

Posts : 977
Join date : 2012-04-21
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

General RL Discussion! - Page 8 Empty Re: General RL Discussion!

Post by George Hotel1895 Today at 11:24 am

The Beast wrote:Blake Austin is included in the England elite training squad.  Whilst not 100% sure about this Australia & NZ have had similar situations and it appears to be a factor in most sports.  Austin to his credit has given a strong interview outlining his commitment and approached the RFL (not the other way round).  Thoughts?
We are just using the rules the same as the Kiwis and Kangaroos do.

George Hotel1895

Posts : 1668
Join date : 2011-04-27
Location : A place i call paradise

Back to top Go down

General RL Discussion! - Page 8 Empty Re: General RL Discussion!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum