The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrestlemania XXX Official Thread!

+45
JCmag82
Samo
Nakatomi Plaza
The Best in the World
Shot 21 LCFC
Kay Fabe
CJB
TopoftheChops
Liam
Looseheaded
Brilliant_yep
Redordead
tigertattie
Bluebird_ccfc
bretmeharty
Hulking_up
Uryu Ishida
VoiceOfTheVoiceless
liverbnz
Good Golly I'm Olly
Enforcer
VDT
adamk
PhoenixBeer
Clunge4life
JamesLincs
Adam D
ManUtdImy
hodge
Blade
Fernando
Gregers
owen10ozzy
Mr H
GSC
NickisBHAFC
kingraf
Dr Gregory House MD
Hero
Dolphin Ziggler
Marky
Crimey
Jammy31
DrDeath
BD21
49 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Wrestlemania XXX Official Thread! - Page 2 Empty Wrestlemania XXX Official Thread!

Post by BD21 Mon 31 Mar 2014, 11:17 am

First topic message reminder :

Here we are guys, Wrestlemania Week!!!! Are we excited? The card may not be 100% Mania worthy but it's number 30 so surely there's some big suprises in store!

I've created this thread so we can talk about all things Wrestlemania!

What match are you looking forward to the most? Favourite match ever? Favourite Moment ever? Favourite Entrance ever? Best Celebrity involvement?  

Let's talk all things Mania!!!!!!!

PLEASE NOTE/READ!!!

As common courtesy, following Mania, could we keep all discussion within this thread for at least 24 hours, to avoid spoiling things for those who are watching it Monday evening.

You can discuss everything within here - this is not a spoiler free zone.

Please do not post threads on Monday along the lines of "Batista Wins!" or "HHH spoils wrestlemania" ETC

Thanks!

Adam

BD21

Back to top Go down

Wrestlemania XXX Official Thread! - Page 2 Empty Re: Wrestlemania XXX Official Thread!

Post by PhoenixBeer Mon 07 Apr 2014, 3:26 am

If he does retire, do you think that's why the streak ended? Seems very rushed!! Maybe he just told management of his plans yesterday? Or 5 mins before the show?! If Bryan doesn't win the title, there may be a riot!!!

PhoenixBeer

Back to top Go down

Wrestlemania XXX Official Thread! - Page 2 Empty Re: Wrestlemania XXX Official Thread!

Post by VDT Mon 07 Apr 2014, 3:31 am

I'm really gutted! so shocked!!!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Mon 07 Apr 2014, 3:34 am

Shocked, totally shocked. I was always just about pro streak ending but not to Lesnar.

I'm gonna merge this thread into the mania one tonight, it's a little obvious that something major happened in case anyone noticed it in the morning before watching.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clunge4life Mon 07 Apr 2014, 3:43 am

Cheers James can't find it but I'm on my iPhone though......randy took a nasty bump on the tv moniter there

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Post by PhoenixBeer Mon 07 Apr 2014, 3:49 am

Yeah, looked as though the monitor hadn't been pulled out properly, and Randy landed right on it.

PhoenixBeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 07 Apr 2014, 4:08 am

That was the most shocking moment in wrestling history. I think Undertaker decided he just wasn't capable anymore, the match was really poor. The ending was sold fantastic. It was like Wrestlemania had broken.

That is the best Wrestlemania I have watched, everything was booked really well, good matches, a huge shock and overall makes the next year look very interesting. Bryan/Lesnar?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 07 Apr 2014, 4:13 am

Brilliant brilliant show, best mania in a long time
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 07 Apr 2014, 4:14 am

Loved it.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Mon 07 Apr 2014, 4:19 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i04Vls0-_8

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 07 Apr 2014, 4:24 am

For the first time in what seems like forever WWE at the very least lived up to expectations, if not exceeded them. I get that The Streak ending like that was disappointing, but all I could think while watching his match was that I don't want to see him being dragged out every year, he looked nackered immediately. Heyman and Lesnar sold it perfectly.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Mon 07 Apr 2014, 4:42 am

Wade Keller thinks taker may have called it mid-match. Wouldn't surprise me to be honest. Lesnar wasn't built like someone who was good enough to take the streak and taker said he would continue until the fans told him he was done. I think the virtual silence throughout the match may have made his mind up. We'll find out soon enough.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by VoiceOfTheVoiceless Mon 07 Apr 2014, 8:28 am

Makes me think that possibly the streak was supposed to end last year with punk. But given the change in circumstances with the death of Paul Bearer plans were changed. I agree with the streak ending, I'm just not sure they picked the right guy.

It's not how imagined it at all.

To have the shield involved in what I saw as a squash match is also a real shame. They missed the moment to split these guys up at the rumble.

I hope raw tonight lives up to my expectations

VoiceOfTheVoiceless

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 07 Apr 2014, 9:16 am

I thought it was better for not being the right guy. No one saw that coming
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 07 Apr 2014, 9:19 am

Being completely honest - if they were to pick an established star - it had to be Brock, and I'm not saying this just because I put money on the 14/1... The Beast incarnate and all that
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Mon 07 Apr 2014, 9:32 am

the silence in the divas match afterwards...that was eerie

tbh if taker was due to retire at 29 with a loss, i would have kept it a win, retire the next night at 21-0 with the great memory of Paul Bearer defended but Brock was the best open choice here. Punk was leaving in July so thats a pointless loss, Cena was busy with Bray so Bray may have been bumped to Sheamus maybe? Cena n Bray is a good feud. Bryan v Taker would have been nice but we get orton v batista which is AWFUL.

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 07 Apr 2014, 9:45 am

Looking at it logically - I don't think the WWE would finish the streak with a short-term plan, and according to The Rock, WrestleMania XXX was supposed to be Brock-Rock II, so a year ago, Lesnar wasn't in the Streak Scene, admittedly a year is a long time in the business... but I do think this was a bit of an afterthought
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Mon 07 Apr 2014, 10:44 am

Wrestlemania XXX Official Thread! - Page 2 7e20a1319319631

That's a Wednesday?

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Mon 07 Apr 2014, 10:44 am

It was a really good show and I have no problem in any way with how the streak match went down and the guy that took it. Could a match that size at wrestlemania be changed mid match im not so sure. Although not playing Brocks music straight away did make me think a bit. But that could of been the plan all along to take in all the stunned faces.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by BD21 Mon 07 Apr 2014, 10:59 am

Yes it is a Wednesday. Strange...

BD21

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 07 Apr 2014, 11:00 am

Bret - I don't think an average main event can be changed mid-match... but I'm inclined to believe a main event between two part-timers who don't necessarily have to deal with the backlash (let's be realistic, the streak is a vacuum fight, has absolutely no bearing on the rest of the product)... who knows. You look just before the countered pile driver - Undertaker whispers something in Brock's ear. For me, it's Paul Heyman who casts doubt - at the end of the match he looks shocked... not genuinely shocked, but a sort of faked shocked... like he only came up with his response on the fly. Who knows, but that was freaking awesome
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 07 Apr 2014, 11:00 am

They got a 21-1 graphic up sharpish and unless Taker got knocked out by the F5 if he had an issue he could've just told Brock not to kick out of the tombstone a minute earlier
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebird_ccfc Mon 07 Apr 2014, 11:10 am

There were quite a few instances that made me laugh when I don't think I should've been laughing. Two I can think of straight away was after the streak was broken lawler said something like 'I don't think we will know what's going through the mind of the undertaker' and the next thing you hear clear as day is a fan shouting 'you suck'. You couldn't have timed it better if you tried. And will the superdome be forever known in the universe as the silverdome now although they did kinda save that one.
Bluebird_ccfc
Bluebird_ccfc

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 07 Apr 2014, 11:13 am

From a wrestling standpoint I suppose. As a NFL fan it's still the Superdome
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 07 Apr 2014, 11:13 am

kingraf wrote:Bret - I don't think an average main event can be changed mid-match... but I'm inclined to believe a main event between two part-timers who don't necessarily have to deal with the backlash (let's be realistic, the streak is a vacuum fight, has absolutely no bearing on the rest of the product)... who knows. You look just before the countered pile driver - Undertaker whispers something in Brock's ear. For me, it's Paul Heyman who casts doubt - at the end of the match he looks shocked... not genuinely shocked, but a sort of faked shocked... like he only came up with his response on the fly. Who knows, but that was freaking awesome

That's just cos Heyman I'd that damn good raf

It was awesome, so awesome, completely caught me of guard
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Apr 2014, 11:13 am

Was surprised that the streak was broken, the match itself was ok but feel it would of been better if it was built with the possibility of Lesnar winning. The last few years there's always been that doubt that just maybe the opponent could maybe win but felt the build up this year was missing that. Also kind of feel it was done so that a new Mania moment would be discussed without them always reverting to Hogan vs Andre and the slam heard around the world which was 27 years ago.

Feel that Cena should of lost as with how the match was going it would of made perfect sense and been great story telling if he had of used that chair on Bray and been disqualified. (I would of had this then lead to a No DQ match at extreme rules where Cena beats Bray without using any weapons so that he redeems himself in his own mind that way).

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 07 Apr 2014, 11:18 am

not quite original, but pretty funny

SPORTHumour @SportHumour 38m
The Undertaker had never lost at
Wrestlemania when Sir Alex Ferguson was
in charge. In comes David Moyes and
Undertaker loses. #BlameMoyes
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Mon 07 Apr 2014, 11:34 am

Bluebird_ccfc wrote:There were quite a few instances that made me laugh when I don't think I should've been laughing. Two I can think of straight away was after the streak was broken lawler said something like 'I don't think we will know what's going through the mind of the undertaker' and the next thing you hear clear as day is a fan shouting 'you suck'. You couldn't have timed it better if you tried. And will the superdome be forever known in the universe as the silverdome now although they did kinda save that one.

I noticed that at the time  laughing perfectly timed

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 07 Apr 2014, 12:15 pm

I stand by half of what I said last night...

I was quite drunk though.

I don't think it was the right decision or any part of it was worthy of the end result. However, 30 makes some sense and if he wants to go he wants to go. The quality wasn't there. I'll never agree that wa the right move, but I suppose it could have been necessary.

Overall, I don't remember thinking there was any standout matches in terms of quality. They made the right decisions in all the other matches though.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 07 Apr 2014, 12:27 pm

Poor Daniel Bryan. Wrestles twice and wins the title but still isn't the biggest talking point of the night!

How strong does Brock Lesnar look now though. He was a beast before but he's on a different planet now. Whoever he faces next is going to get some major rub.

It was a poor build up and a poor match in comparison to previous years but if Taker thought it was time then so be it and Brock Lesnar is 100% the right guy to do it. He's only 36 and part timer or not can still wrestle at multiple more Mania's and to beat the guy who ended the Streak will give someone some major rub.

Everyone thought Lesnar looked poor going into Mania, but coming out of Mania he looks a billion bucks. Everyone will want to face him now.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 07 Apr 2014, 12:31 pm

Book him strong first then. I honestly see no logic in having him weak and scared first.

I love Lesnar, think he's incredible. But he's not the right man. I respect Taker's decision, I just don't agree with it.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Mon 07 Apr 2014, 12:32 pm

I said last night that I thought the outcome of the matches were much more important than the quality themselves this year in terms of moving the product forward: in that sense WWE made almost all the perfect calls.

Bryan winning and doing so by pulling audience along for the ride, this after seeing Taker get beat, truly puts him over as a legitimate #1 guy & perhaps the face of the company going forward.

The Shield whilst squashing NOA/Kane was a bit of a waste, if they have decided to keep the group running a little bit it was the right call...it gets them looking like the toughest faction in the business & keeps everyone in the group massively strong. (Gunn, Road Dogg, Kane all in 40/50's....if your going to pass the torch why not do it by literally having them decimated)

Cesaro picking up the Andre trophy was a perfect call. The guy is massively over now but to have turned him face just by turning on Swagger wouldn't have pushed him...he needed an accolade/moment and his dead lift on Big Show was another mark out moment for me. Again I think it's a case of 'new star has been made'.

Add on to that the fact you have a streak no one saw ending....being broke....truly incredible Wrestlemania. Lets face it it's the granddaddy of them all...the point is that it is supposed to be remembered in history. The last couple of years whilst having some good matches aren't memorable in the grandest sense of the word...this years most definitely is.

Can argue about was Brock the right man to take the streak till were blue in the face, simple fact is one man had the say as to who took it and Mark felt Brock was right man. At first I thought maybe it was a mid card call but I can't see it myself. Look back to when he put the challenge out at UFC event...picked up on dirtsheets etc..think it was being built to this moment...just think the fact Brock was part time stopped people believing he would be the one to take it. The pause on playing the music was deliberate, how else would you have emphasised the stunned silence....more telling was that the big screens changed to 21-1 almost immediately. Had it not been planned I don't think they would have.

Also by all accounts Brock has yet again committed to more dates following the extension of his 'part time' contract...with 5 PPV's being the aim...in that sense I'd imagine his screen presence will be much bigger therefore is it as bad a call? Also take into account...the rub someone gets from beating Brock at next Mania could be pretty big (though imo only if he runs rough-shed and goes the whole year unbeaten)

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DrDeath Mon 07 Apr 2014, 12:33 pm

Some of the dirtsheets are saying it was a botch and he wasn't supposed to win.....

DrDeath

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 07 Apr 2014, 12:59 pm

As Ozzy says, WWE seemed awfully prepared for a Lesnar win. More dirtsheets being dirtsheets
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Mon 07 Apr 2014, 1:01 pm

Bluebird_ccfc wrote:There were quite a few instances that made me laugh when I don't think I should've been laughing. Two I can think of straight away was after the streak was broken lawler said something like 'I don't think we will know what's going through the mind of the undertaker' and the next thing you hear clear as day is a fan shouting 'you suck'. You couldn't have timed it better if you tried. And will the superdome be forever known in the universe as the silverdome now although they did kinda save that one.

i was gobsmacked, jaw, wide open and then heard "you suck" through all the silence and just started laughing

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 07 Apr 2014, 1:01 pm

PhoenixBeer wrote:WTF???? Brock beats Taker?! In the betting odds, I saw that Taker was cut to 1/12, from 1/100! I thought that was strange! Can't believe it! Neither can the crowd by the sounds of things!!

hold on!!! can you actually bet on the outcome of these matches?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 07 Apr 2014, 1:04 pm

Bookies offer odds on major events.

But given they tend to have inside information you'll only make any decent money on a shock like Lesnar
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Redordead Mon 07 Apr 2014, 1:07 pm

Dave Meltzer is saying it was always meant to end with a Lesner win.

You have got to admit its a brilliant swerve from Vince/WWE.
Absolutely no one would have called it.

Too many people were worried about HHH hogging all the limelight. I bet they're having a right good chuckle this morning.

Redordead

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Mon 07 Apr 2014, 1:08 pm

lol absolute rubbish. they had a 21-1 video prepared which went up straight after the match.

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Redordead Mon 07 Apr 2014, 1:10 pm

That's what I meant. A brilliant swerve for Lesner to win!!

How is that rubbish? No one expected taker to lose

Redordead

Back to top Go down

Post by Brilliant_yep Mon 07 Apr 2014, 1:12 pm

Can't believe Punk didn't want to be a part of this Mania,absolutely loved it,top top effort.

Brilliant_yep

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Mon 07 Apr 2014, 1:16 pm

Tweet of the night?

"
The Miz ‏@mikethemiz 8h

I can't believe it!!!! The STREAK is OVER...4-1 but at least I've never been pinned or submitted. #ThankYouMiz

"

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Mon 07 Apr 2014, 1:18 pm

would this tempt him to come back? do wwe have a huge year planned?

just watched the streak match back, and i thought id feel different now, but its an amazing moment. i think the corwd hate it but are simply so shocked they cant put together a propper reaction. lesnar is only boo'ed when hes at the top of the ramp

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Mon 07 Apr 2014, 1:24 pm

Massive lesnar fan, so happy he took the streak although I never saw it happening. A legitimate FIGHTER took the streak, that's how I see it, and now goes on to be the most feared man in wwe. I fancy him to announce his intention to go after the wwe whc and go on to win it. He should be booked as unbeatable all year, build up his own "streak" then for someone to beat him at next years mania.

Cracking event, bray was unbelievable and even though I saw the cena win coming, bray will get a major rub and I imagine will go on to beat him at the next ppv.

Bryan winning again inevitable but played it well at the end, Honestly thought Batista the norton were gonna win it only for Bryan to win last minute. Also the spot through the table was brilliant. Orton looked superb last night, think he gets allot of unwarranted stick, think he's brilliant and a legitimate star.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Mon 07 Apr 2014, 1:33 pm

that table spot was insane, dont know how orton and bryan came out of that without serious inj.

watching wyatts entrance which has become one of my favourite entrances of all time, just wish hed won, dq or whatever

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 07 Apr 2014, 1:33 pm

I presume they still have plans for Taker v Sting next year as Sting has according to the dirtsheets signed now.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BD21 Mon 07 Apr 2014, 1:36 pm

I've watched the end of the Taker match 4 times now. Absolutely amazing. Never thought I'd see it. Cannot wait for Raw now

BD21

Back to top Go down

Post by Redordead Mon 07 Apr 2014, 1:39 pm

I think orton gets unnecessary stick too.

One of the best workers in wwe. Consistently perfoms to a very high level. Just needs proper booking to look strong

Redordead

Back to top Go down

Post by Brilliant_yep Mon 07 Apr 2014, 1:43 pm

I was impressed with Orton,as usual for me he's an unsung hero...he just looks so slick in the ring and will have an awesome programme with Bryan in the next few weeks.

Considering I wasn't all that excited about this Mania,I've come away from it absolutely thrilled,very happy with it.

Brilliant_yep

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Mon 07 Apr 2014, 1:58 pm

Taker will retire tonight, he clearly won't continue.

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Mon 07 Apr 2014, 2:00 pm

Mania next year.....?

If Punk returns I think he does so in huge way...Brock to take title at some point...head into Mania with it...Punk wins Rumble gets the payoff/return victory over him at Mania 31?

Just a great Mania...watched it again this morning. Really hope that the writers help keep Bray strong...a loss to Cena usually means the end of the road and it would be a real shame as Wyatt is the most fascinating character since Mankind/Taker....the type of person you'd imagine could keep same gimmick with subtle changes for his whole career and he would still feel fresh.

Where does Batista go from here? Given he took the clean pin you would imagine that Orton gets the rematch...that leaves no where for Dave to go though. Could he step away again given he's barely had a reaction since being back...bar being booed for winning Rumble. His ego must be hurting...

Props to HHH for lying down for Bryan & giving him the huge pay off he deserved.

Should be an absolutely cracking RAW...personally don't want to see Sting anywhere near WWE and certainly not in a match with Taker. Callaghan looked liked he realised he was finished last night. Couldn't throw himself over during the suplexes..was 2 ft off with the tombstone and just looked a shadow of himself. I wonder if the whole sitting out for a year before a 6 week run into Mania is doing him more harm than good...would a prolong run benefit his fitness/match shape for Mania?

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next