The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Position of the Bryan/HHH Match

+7
BD21
Dolphin Ziggler
Kid Vicious
Mr H
Crimey
Hulking_up
Kay Fabe
11 posters

Go down

Position of the Bryan/HHH Match Empty Position of the Bryan/HHH Match

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 31 Mar 2014, 19:01

I thought this match would be early, I wouldn't have put it on first but i expected it no latter than 4th, anyway I was watching the John Cena interview on Sky on demand and he said the winner of their match will be entered into the title match immediately after that match.

I don't know if I picked it up wrong or not, I'd hope so but I dont think it'd be a good idea to have a guy wrestle what is likely to be a MotN contender for 20+ minutes then be thrown staight in to the title match against the Champ and the #1 Contender, I don't think that makes anyone look particularly great, did anyone else see that interview?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Position of the Bryan/HHH Match Empty Re: Position of the Bryan/HHH Match

Post by Hulking_up Mon 31 Mar 2014, 20:51

TBH that's how i would have booked it. More so maybe with a diva match inbetween.
If the match was too early it would be a no brainer Bryan would win. At least with it being close to the title match there is still some will he won't he win feeling (for some).

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 01 Apr 2014, 11:46

Thought that was probably the worst option, I understand why, but for me there are far too many problems with it.

The winner will likely be legitimately worn out, because he'll have presumably wrestled a long match, and then is thrown into what will surely have to be another long match.
The crowd will be worn out, the only way they will be able to keep up the reaction will surely be to have the main event be short, Bryan powering his way through both matches, otherwise the crowd are going to fall flat, especially with Batista and Orton both favouring a slow pace.
If Bryan/Triple H does go on win, it makes Batista and Orton look awful because the other guy hasn't even rested between matches but can still beat them.
The loser of the first match looks poor as well because he hasn't done enough to stop the winner being good enough to still win the world championship.
What does this it mean for Lesnar/Taker? Is that going to be three big matches in a row? The crowd will be dead by the end, at least one of the matches will suffer and I'd see it being the main event.

I would have had the match on first, Bryan wins, allows the crowd to be pumped up. Has a rest so he can legitimately recover and it's not unrealistic in the main event that he can hold his own. Undertaker-Lesnar third to last, followed by maybe The Shield match and then the main event.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 01 Apr 2014, 12:25

I'd have it curtain jerk. Would be the best way to get the crowd hot for the rest of the card. Bryan book ending ala Bret Hart 20 years ago is the way to go.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Tue 01 Apr 2014, 15:03

It's gotta go on first. Get the crowd pumped early. Unless of course HHH is booked for the win.. that could kill Mania. HHH vs Batista vs Orton is a match very much for 2005.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 01 Apr 2014, 18:04

I'd not put it on first, theres ever chance that it'll be Match of the Night so anuthing after that could feel like a let down, I think for a show lasting 4 hours you need to build it better rather than just starting with the most important match, build the crowd up instead of wearing them out in the first 30 minutes

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 01 Apr 2014, 18:19

Id hate it to be first. If you want it early put it on third, so the crowd has a real sudden pop.

It is difficult though. You cant have Taker/Lesnar early (or, as there are those from Glasgow who hate it, they wont have it early), I think Wyatt/Cena is too big to go early too. Both Wyatt and Taker would benefit from being on when the night is darker too.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 01 Apr 2014, 18:42

I would have it third or 4th then have the final three matches Cena/Wyatt Taker/Lesnar then rhe Triple Threat

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 02 Apr 2014, 00:41

Expected card then?

Pre-show: Tag Match
Battle Royal
Shield vs. Kane/NAO
Divas
Wyatt vs. Cena
Taker vs. Lesnar
Bryan vs. Triple H
Triple Threat

So that would basically be at least 2 hours of those final four matches....Think the card probably needed another match that could have broken things up a little, Cesaro vs. Swagger or Cody vs. Goldust would have worked.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BD21 Wed 02 Apr 2014, 11:45

Dolphin the Superdome is an indoor stadium .

BD21

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 02 Apr 2014, 12:04

I'd move the Diva's match up the card to give the crowd a rest match. 4 huge matches in a row will burn them out unless they know they'll see Bryan in the triple threat.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 02 Apr 2014, 12:42

I think the Andrè the Giant Battle Royal will go on between Cena/Wyatt and Taker/Lesnar, with it being 'Hogans idea' I think they'll position it up the card and give the crowd a break between two big matches, it should also be a fun and interesting concept

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 02 Apr 2014, 12:46

You think Shield will kick off the show then?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 02 Apr 2014, 12:48

Wouldnt be a terrible opener. They're over well as faces, would give the crowd that feel good feeling the openers usually have.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 02 Apr 2014, 12:58

Yeah I fancy the opening to be the Shield vs Kane and the Outlaws, I'm disappointed that The Shield have been given such a shoddy role but I'm holding out hope that they get involved in the Main Event a d fight off outside interference from The Authority

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebird_ccfc Wed 02 Apr 2014, 17:50

I hope they don't make the card too top heavy with the Cena/wyatt, lesnar/taker, Bryan/ trips and the title match.

If they do that I can see The crowd being exhausted by the final match, it's well known a few matches in the past have suffered from the crowds emotions being shattered from previous matches. Wasnt one of trips' matches affected one year because of this?

Having said that I haven't a clue how to set the card so you get that roller coaster effect for the fans Lol.
Bluebird_ccfc
Bluebird_ccfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 02 Apr 2014, 19:04

BD21 wrote:Dolphin the Superdome is an indoor stadium .

Interesting. If the roof is one of those that makes it dark as heck then I'd move Cena/Wyatt earlier

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurt N. Jurqa Thu 03 Apr 2014, 15:44

Long time lurker, first time poster.
I reckon the Shield could get involved in the main event to further enhance Reigns push and increase him getting over as a babyface, him sparking out HHH trying to intefere and cost Bryan the victory would make him.

Kurt N. Jurqa

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 03 Apr 2014, 16:39

If the Authority somehow screw The Shield then that would make sense. Maybe Ambrose shows some sort of loyalty to The Authority and screws the Shield.

Don't see it happening, but a scenario

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 03 Apr 2014, 17:22

Kayfabe I think you're overlooking one key factor: Daniel Bryan.

Bryan has wrestled very long matches at a much faster pace than will be expected of him against Triple H, Orton and Batista. I think he could easily wrestle two long-form matches in a row.

Just as importantly, the fans are desperate to see him win the big one. I think that, if the entire last hour was dedicated to Bryan's crowning, the crowd would eat up every second. He's brilliant at keeping a crowd engaged in his matches, and I think that, rather than getting exhausted, the crowd would be more energised as his title quest goes on.

Usually I would be against the idea, but I think it's a unique situation where a very able wrestler is extremely popular. If they bookend the show with Bryan's quest, I think people will be distracted during the middle portion, and may be less engaged in Taker-Lesnar and Cena-Wyatt as they would be too busy looking forward to Bryan's title match.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 03 Apr 2014, 19:43

I get that, I've already said a few times that I expect Bryan to go 25 minutes with HHH and be more than ready to go again .

I just don't think I think it would look visually good, Bryan winning a brutal match with HHH and as he is recovering we get Batista then Orton's music hitting, it would feel like someone cashing in a MitB - I'm just not sure Bryan sitting there beaten and bruised as Batistas music hits would have the best feel, im not saying it wont happen I just not sure if I like it, I might if and when I see it, I'm just not sure.

Also, its not really about the fact Bryan can wrestle an hour standing on his head, although the WWE themselves have never promoted this fact but if Bryan has a MotN contender with HHH then immediately goes on to win the Title I'm not sure that makes both Orton and Batista look remotely good, these are the two guys that should be 1 on 1 for the Title but are defeated by a guy who has already Wrestled immediately before the match, at the moment I'd say there is more cons than pros at this scenario for now.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 03 Apr 2014, 21:14

I get the point, but I think the audience will eat it up too much to care. And if you add in the fact its a triple threat, then Orton and Batista can be used to brutally each other well enough that then its excused.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 07 Apr 2014, 19:48

Must say, I wasn't a fan of them curtain jerking but those who said they should were spot on on my opinion, knowing Bryan was in the Main Event from as early as possible added to the excitement of the event for me.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 07 Apr 2014, 20:26

Yeah felt it was the perfect position for the match and was delighted when the show started with it.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down