The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CM Punk to return at Wrestlemania?

+13
liverbnz
Kay Fabe
Adam D
Dolphin Ziggler
NickisBHAFC
Kurt N. Jurqa
Jammy31
Samo
Ent
Crimey
Mort
JamesLincs
Mr H
17 posters

Go down

CM Punk to return at Wrestlemania? Empty CM Punk to return at Wrestlemania?

Post by Mr H Thu 03 Apr 2014, 12:23 pm

Steve Austin has held firm with his prediction that CM Punk will return to WWE this weekend at WrestleMania 30.

Speaking on his latest podcast, he states his clear belief “I’m telling you, I’m going to stick to my prediction that CM Punk is going to make his return at WrestleMania 30 in New Orleans.

“It’s been a long time, I think he’s cooled his jets, he’s got some rest, and I think it’s time to get back to work. I don’t see him participating in a match but it would be great to see him in a run-in to establish himself.”

Austin’s prediction is sure to re-fire up the frenzied speculation of fans who are hoping to see Punk this Sunday. Austin’s standing in the business and friendship with Punk will certainly add some merit to the idea a return could be on the cards. The Rattlesnake goes on to detail how he envisions the return, “I would say plant himself firmly in the middle of an angle, because he would be the angle, by attacking whoever he sees fit to attack or asserting his presence rather, whatever the case may be. But I see CM Punk coming back at WrestleMania 30.”

We will know for certain in the next few days. The fact Punk didn’t return in Chicago when interest was at its absolute peak suggests a return isn’t too likely, unless Punk was injured back then and this really has been a work. Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer recently commented that the level of “nuclear silence” from Punk is unusual, so there’s at least a some chance it could all be something bigger. Austin’s latest comments will only fuel the debate.

Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer has commented on Steve Austin’s belief CM Punk will be at WrestleMania 30, and admitted something could be going on with Punk coming in. Speaking on Wrestling Observer Radio, he said

“Austin is close to the scene. Austin knows a lot of stuff. Whatever it is this has been really quiet, which makes me thinks there is more to it. I just think there’s something going on.

“He’s not talking to anyone. I have people who are friendly with him and this is really quiet. If he had just quit there would have been an announcement or a suspension.”

These mark the boldest statements yet from the insider journalist, which suggest he himself is being swayed into thinking the Punk / WWE fallout could culminate in a return angle this Sunday. Meltzer further explored the unusual silence coming from Punk and lack of traditional WWE punishment as red flags for something being up, he mentioned that Punk spoke to almost no one when he attended UFC 170 — which is unexplainable, whatever the situation, Punk could have talked to his MMA acquaintances if he wanted to. Is he keeping a secret and avoiding questions about it?

“It’s clear there’s some agreement on both sides they aren’t going to say anything,” says Meltzer, “whether thats because he’s going to come back or not we don’t know.”

Time will tell, but with Meltzer now thinking “something’s going on” and Austin (who Meltzer emphasised is close to the scene) believing a return is imminent, don’t be totally surprised if Punk does return this weekend. Terry Funk is another name who has predicted the return and an increasing feeling is developing we will see a big angle this Sunday.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

The speculation is obvious. Meltzer has been a reliable source in the past but he got it wrong with the Chicago Raw a few weeks back. All I know is that if he makes a Warrior-esque return to save Daniel Bryan in the Main Event I will MTFO.

Yesterday I wasn't buying the PPV. Today I'm considering it again. That's where the WWE are so clever, planting seeds of doubt to make you purchase! Austin's a WWE guy so it wouldn't surprise me if it's all a rouse to make the doubters like me think about actually buying.

Oh and some guy called The Rock is also set to make an appearance on Sunday if reports are to be believed.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

CM Punk to return at Wrestlemania? Empty Re: CM Punk to return at Wrestlemania?

Post by JamesLincs Thu 03 Apr 2014, 12:35 pm

if the rumours of engagement to aj are true then that pretty much ends it for me.

i still and always will stick by my pred that he wont ever return

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Mort Thu 03 Apr 2014, 12:46 pm

Imagine a scenario where there are shenanigans of some sort in the Bryan/HHH match and its declared a draw, double countout or something so both get to main event.

Bryan getting a beat down by Batista and Orton as HHH looks on ready to pounce when CM Punk comes out to take out Batista and Orton and help Bryan. Just then he drops Bryan to allow HHH to get the pin and become champ. This would give both CM Punk and HHH some serious heat.

Mort

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 03 Apr 2014, 12:48 pm

I can't see it. 

I was of the strongest belief that Punk would definitely return before Wrestlemania but the fact that he didn't come back at Chicago when they mentioned him to me means he's not coming back any time soon. It's definitely not a work, and I think the way that WWE have gone to such lengths to rid him from TV and people's memories will have annoyed Punk, especially since the only other person they have done that to is Chris Benoit. I mean they showed Kurt Angle and Jeff Hardy on Raw the other night in video packages, two wrestlers in rival companies who also left WWE, yet they're treating it as if Punk doesn't even exist.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 03 Apr 2014, 12:56 pm

He's still listed as a superstar on WWE.com Crimey.

It's obviously not a work but the WWE clearly haven't released him. Yet. The silence is peculiar though.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu 03 Apr 2014, 12:59 pm

Could return the raw after mania?

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 03 Apr 2014, 1:16 pm

Triple H runs in during the Triple Threat, peeved he lost earlier and attacks Bryan. Cult of Personality hits and Punk makes the save, taking out HHH and Batista, leaving Bryan to hit Orton with the running knee and make him tap to the Yes! Lock.

A guy can dream.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 03 Apr 2014, 1:23 pm

I expect he'll end up just running down his contract and then he'll be free to do things. They've probably agreed to stay silent until his contract is up.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Thu 03 Apr 2014, 2:44 pm

I'd personally love to see him return. However, as some have said, the silence is very odd from both parties. I mean, there's been nothing on Twitter from Punk in ages, especially considering he normally tweets about the Blackhawks. But then again, neither party has made any official statement, so there's always the hope there.
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurt N. Jurqa Thu 03 Apr 2014, 3:48 pm

I used to be a huge Punk fan but to me he's been unprofessional. I really don't care less if he returns or not now.

Kurt N. Jurqa

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 03 Apr 2014, 4:18 pm

Yeah i must say I have gone past the point of caring a great deal wether he returns or not. Fair enough if he does return at mania and help Bryan out it will be pretty cool and the pop will be huge, but i certainly won't be spending all mania praying that will happen. Happens great, doesn't happen, move on.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 03 Apr 2014, 9:15 pm

I feel like there's more chance of Sting popping up

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 03 Apr 2014, 9:31 pm

What about Stewart Copeland?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 03 Apr 2014, 9:39 pm

Adam D wrote:What about Stewart Copeland?

I keep trying to reply to you mate but the message box keepa enlarging as if someone is pressing enter/return continually and it let me click reply or preview

me said wrote: Haha alright mate, that sounds like a great idea but I'm going out with the good lady on Sunday, I'm not gonna see Mania until Monday morning, we only made plans about an hour ago, if I had a bit more notice I woulda been joining you bud as like you none of my pals like Wrestling, sorry mate, I was reading the thread about the Walkabout in Brum and it sounded fantastic, I'll be out the town as well, I'm now half tempted to start an argument with her just to walk out and join ya tho that makes me sound supergay.

cheers for thinking about me anyway mate, sorry I can't make it, would have been a fun experience watching it with others for a change

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Thu 03 Apr 2014, 11:04 pm

I'm gonna go with the 'rumours to increase buys' explanation. For Punk, Austin, Rock, Sting or whoever else.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurt N. Jurqa Thu 03 Apr 2014, 11:21 pm

Who has confirmed tonight spoiler:

Last edited by Kurt N. Jurqa on Thu 03 Apr 2014, 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kurt N. Jurqa

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 03 Apr 2014, 11:23 pm

Put that in a spoiler box Kurt! I don't mind as I expected he'd be there, but some may not like it!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 03 Apr 2014, 11:24 pm

I expect a lot of faces to be involved somewhere along the line, even if its just a hello. There's no way the Rock and HBK are silent at Mania 30!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurt N. Jurqa Thu 03 Apr 2014, 11:26 pm

Sorry how do I do them?

Last edited by Kurt N. Jurqa on Thu 03 Apr 2014, 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Worked it out thanks)

Kurt N. Jurqa

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Fri 04 Apr 2014, 7:56 am

Kurt N. Jurqa wrote:Sorry how do I do them?

On the bar above the box were you type you're message there are some symbols at the top of the page if you look at the youtube icon hover you're mouse button over the Youtube button it will tell you what it is now move you're mouse six times to the left till you come up with the one symbol that looks like a book and and has a yellow triangle click on that a box will come up type in the box what you want to say and then click the insert button and then you're done.

Hope this helps?
Blade
Blade

http://dellsrangers.createaforum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 05 Apr 2014, 9:45 pm

Stone Cold Angle Spoiler (Not Kurt) Well Maybe :

Ill be surprised if this is true does the rounds most years.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Sun 06 Apr 2014, 4:26 pm

I can't see it happening as none of them really have any involvement with being at this years Mania.
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 06 Apr 2014, 4:42 pm

Exactly. Could do it on Raw tomorrow though, if both return tonight.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sun 06 Apr 2014, 5:14 pm

Thats what I was thinking Nick. That kind of scenario would suit RAW better, ala Taker-Trips return a few years ago.

Wouldnt work as such a short segmant at Mania.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sun 06 Apr 2014, 7:17 pm

Can't see Punk returning at Mania but maybe the raw after. There's nowhere for him to return on the card with Bryan seemingly due a massive night, can't see him leaving Mania without the belt.

Also we all know what the crowd is like on the raw after, it'll be hot and i think we could see a Lesnar esque return at the end of the show. I think we all wanted Lesnar at Mania but it just wouldn't have worked. At the same time, if WWE want to blow the roof off the arena, and have probably the biggest pop of all time, cult of personality has to hit.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by ManUtdImy Sun 06 Apr 2014, 7:25 pm

Surely the big 'main event feature' on the RAW after 'Mania would be Punk returning or Sting debuting.

ManUtdImy

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 06 Apr 2014, 9:27 pm

It doesn't matter how cool you think you are. In watching wrestlemania with grado!!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Sun 06 Apr 2014, 9:30 pm

What's betting Kurt Angle will make an appearance for one night only?
Blade
Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 06 Apr 2014, 9:40 pm

Blade wrote:What's betting Kurt Angle will make an appearance for one night only?
0% Still contracted to TNA. Their not going to help WWE id suspect anyway.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Mon 07 Apr 2014, 10:25 am

Fernando wrote:
Blade wrote:What's betting Kurt Angle will make an appearawhile still contracted to thr one night only?
0% Still contracted to TNA. Their not going to help WWE id suspect anyway.

I hsve not seen wrestlemaina yet but didn't TNA let Christian come to WWE once while still contracted to them?
Blade
Blade

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down