The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ultimate Warrior dead?

+23
theundisputedY2D2
Clunge4life
Kay Fabe
Crimey
bretmeharty
The Best in the World
Kid Vicious
XR
rodders
Mr H
sodhat
GSC
The Womble
Blade
Hulking_up
Ayrshirebhoy
Korankye88
Adam D
BD21
VDT
Samo
Nakatomi Plaza
Looseheaded
27 posters

Go down

Ultimate Warrior dead? Empty Ultimate Warrior dead?

Post by Looseheaded Wed 09 Apr 2014, 3:02 pm

Numerous twitter accounts have announced the ULtimate Warrior's passing just a few days after his Raw appearance

WWE even have it on their website

http://www.wwe.com/inside/ultimate-warrior-passes-away-26223975

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Warrior dead? Empty Re: Ultimate Warrior dead?

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Wed 09 Apr 2014, 3:19 pm

Unbelieveable. He really looked at peace with himself at Wrestlemaina. 54 is no age. I'm in complete shock.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 09 Apr 2014, 3:20 pm

Its all over the dirt sheets aswell. Holy Frak. He didnt look to great on RAW.

RIP Warrior.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Wed 09 Apr 2014, 4:09 pm

Shocked..... What a Legend!!! RIP!!!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by BD21 Wed 09 Apr 2014, 4:30 pm

He was only on Raw a little over 24 hours ago. At least he got his HoF induction when he did.

Did he have previous health problems? He was before my time so I've never really watched much of his stuff, only really the end to his match with Hogan and his match with HHH.

I ask about the health problems because I noticed when he came out at Mania that his hand/arm was really weird, specifically his right one. When he was pointing to the crowd with his left arm and touching his heart with his right, it just looked really weird, almost like he has cerebal palsy.

BD21

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 09 Apr 2014, 4:30 pm

I can't believe it. As many of you know, he was always a fave of mine.

He didn't look right on Raw but I put it down to age and the size of the crowd. His last speech was strangely apt and foreboding. Thanks for the amusement, Jim.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Korankye88 Wed 09 Apr 2014, 4:39 pm

Completely shocked! Thank god he made peace with wwe and vince before his passing
Korankye88
Korankye88

http://www.korankye-entertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayrshirebhoy Wed 09 Apr 2014, 5:16 pm

Gutted! With him and macho man my 2 Heroes are gone. Rip.

Ayrshirebhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Wed 09 Apr 2014, 5:23 pm

He pretty much had the perfect send off before he left this earth.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade Wed 09 Apr 2014, 6:01 pm

He was my fav too, Can't be leave he has gone only days after appearing on RAW too, He didn't look too good on RAW but made a great speech RIP WARRIOR you were awesome.
Blade
Blade

http://dellsrangers.createaforum.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 09 Apr 2014, 6:05 pm

Its being reported that he collapsed outside his hotel in Arizona. No cause for the collapse yet.

Given how foreboding his speech on RAW was, do you think he knew he didnt have long left?

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Wed 09 Apr 2014, 6:55 pm

Cannot believe it! Genuinely cannot believe it. God bless you Warrior and may you rest peacefully.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 09 Apr 2014, 7:26 pm

Not to be that guy but pretty eerie timing with his speech
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 09 Apr 2014, 7:28 pm

How shocking is it when someone dies like this? Especially with the timing right after Wrestlemania. RIP, Warrior.

You have to wonder whether these are long term health effects from the 1980s drug culture in wrestling. Reading Bret Hart's book really shone a light on it all.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 09 Apr 2014, 8:20 pm

“No WWE talent becomes a legend on their own. Every man’s heart one day beats its final beat. His lungs breathe their final breath. And if what that man did in his life what makes the blood pulse through the body of others and makes them bleed deeper and something larger than life then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized. By the story tellers, by the loyalty, by the memory of those who honor him and make the running the man did live forever. You, you, you, you, you, you are the legend makers of Ultimate Warrior. In the back I see many potential legends. Some of them with warrior spirits. And you will do the same for them. You will decide if they lived with the passion and intensity. So much so that you will tell your stories and you will make them legends, as well. I am The Ultimate Warrior. You are the Ultimate Warrior fans and the spirit of Ultimate Warrior will run forever.”

Lets all take solace in the fact he's go into his rocket ship and flown back to Parts Unknown. Hope he finds Randy Savage up there for one last match.

RIP Warrior.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 09 Apr 2014, 8:23 pm

Don't usually post in here but Ultimate Warrior was a boyhood hero of mine. More recently I'd come across his youtube channel and to be honest found some of the videos quite inspiring and motivating, certainly entertaining - some were just bizarre and a bit over the top with his views but hey ho....

I was surprised he made piece with the WWE and just last night watched his HOF speech on you tube so I'm pretty stunned, although my first instinct was that he didn't look well at all, he was sweating a lot and seemed to be limping on RAW.

Anyone who watched his you tube channel will know that he was:

a) In great shape very recently and still trained regularly
b) an admitted and unapologetic steroid user back in his bodybuilding and wrestling days
c) very critical of the wrestlers who died young as a result of drugs use and the lifestyle.

The dark and foreboding nature of his speeches on Raw and the HOF are eerie now with hindsight - quite a few references to death in there. A lot of pauses too as if he was holding something back..

Anyways pretty shocked and down at hearing this. Crazy guy indeed but very intense and articulate when he wanted to be and his persona/character transcended wrestling in a way few have managed to do .

RIP.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Wed 09 Apr 2014, 9:05 pm

Sad news.

I thought the same this morning having watched RAW last night, very foreboding words used as if he new his time was up. It's all just surreal.

RIP

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Wed 09 Apr 2014, 9:26 pm

I feel compelled to write. If this is a little TLDR for you all, I take no offence.

Very rarely am I affected by the death of a celebrity. In general, I focused on those around me when I was growing up for inspiration and for people to look up to. Granddad was my hero, my dad a close second. I care more for my family and a handful of friends than anyone I don't know. No celebrity could derail me like the passing of any of those. But there are a select few that can and have stopped me in my tracks.

Ultimate Warrior was one of those people. From the moment I first saw him I loved him. Hulk Hogan and The British Bulldogs immediately became my Number 2 and Number 3’s when he showed up.  Macho Man a close 4th. I remember him winning the Intercontinental Championship from the Honky Tonk Man and then tearing the house apart to find those old Halloween face paints so I could be him. I still needed steps to see into the bathroom mirror. The result wasn’t so much Ultimate Warrior, more Smudge Man.

He got his first PPV main event in 1989. Survivor Series. He started in style, “Boof! Take that Andre!” And then the stage was set. He could hold the company. Hogan was on the horizon. Wrestlemania 6 was my favourite Wrestlemania. I was at the perfect age to fully appreciate professional wrestling. Old enough to know what was going on, and young enough to still believe the magic. The face paint was on, toilet paper was wrapped around my arms (my shoes were still Velcro fastened) and I was sitting in my underwear, anticipating the Main Event. To say I marked out at the 1-2-3 would be an understatement. When Hogan climbed back in the ring I was filled with dread thinking he would do the unthinkable and poleaxe Warrior. But they embraced and a cool moment became even cooler.

As far as mark out moments regarding the Warrior are concerned, there is one particular time that is held in very high regard by most any 1980’s loving wrestling fan. Wrestlemania 8. And in a time before the internet and a ready access to dirt sheets, when his music hit, that was a moment no one saw coming. Was it the single greatest moment of my childhood? It’s right up there, and that’s where he transcended to another level for me. He wasn’t just my favourite wrestler anymore; he was a hero to me.

He left in late 1992 and got a lot of stick over the years for it. A lot of hatred aimed his way from the online community and from the business he made $millions for. For what? For standing by his principals, having dignity, integrity and self-respect?  Rare traits in the wrestling business. That for me is where Warrior eclipsed his wrestling legacy and created his true lasting legacy. It’s those actions that we can all take something from. To always believe in yourself and to not let anyone beat you down and tell you that you’re worthless.  That certainly inspired me and in some way shaped the person I am today. For that I am forever grateful.

Thank you Ultimate Warrior. Thank you.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by The Best in the World Wed 09 Apr 2014, 9:43 pm

R.I.P to a true legend of the wrestling business

HOF Speech and Raw speech seemed to indicate he knew he didn't have long left, very sad Sad
The Best in the World
The Best in the World

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed 09 Apr 2014, 10:09 pm

How ironic is that, stays away and lives a normal life, then back in that environment for no more then a few days, and is gone.

Maybe its true what they say, the business is a destructive force.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 09 Apr 2014, 10:34 pm

While he didn't look great on Raw, I did think he looked remarkably healthy when compared to other wrestlers his age. 

Scott Hall continues to defy the odds and outlives yet another wrestler. If you were looking at the Hall of Fame class, the only one you would have said less likely to die than the Ultimate Warrior would have been Lita you'd have thought.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed 09 Apr 2014, 11:15 pm

Does anyone else think this could be more then just a natural occurrence.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 09 Apr 2014, 11:52 pm

Absolutely Gutted

Thanks for making me a Wrestling fan Warrior

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Clunge4life Thu 10 Apr 2014, 12:06 am

Well said Kid Vicious

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 10 Apr 2014, 12:38 am

Can't believe this news, genuinely shocked & gutted in equal measure.

I know it may seem irrelevant at this moment in time but I'm glad he got the chance to make peace with the WWE and take his rightful spot in the Hall of Fame, as well as get the chance to appear in front of a WWE audience again.

Rest in peace Warrior, thank you for the memories.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu 10 Apr 2014, 2:22 am

R.I.P  notworthy 

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Apr 2014, 2:35 am

Couldn't believe it when I heard this today, awful news.

R.I.P Warrior, give them ropes in the sky a shake for us all.

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 10 Apr 2014, 3:02 am

Was shell shocked when i heard the news at work this morning and was praying there was some sort of mistake. But no, deverstaing news, one of the greatest superstars in pro wrestling to go and even more sad days after a touching speech at the HOF and on Raw.

Legend. Gone but never forgotten. 

R.I.P Warrior.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Thu 10 Apr 2014, 3:50 am

Im gutted, childhood hero gone.
Maybe some underlining health issue, who knows, im glad he came back made his peace with WWE and entered the hall of fame. Legend then and now.

ALWAYS BELIEVE!

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Thu 10 Apr 2014, 3:52 am

Just arrived home from New Orleans this after noon to hear this news. Completely shell shocked.

When I seen it was standing waiting on collecting my bag and just stared around vacently for a few minutes wondering what to do.

Looked great at HOF and Mania, but did mention to my friend when leaving RAW on Monday evening that he looked very weak and seemed something was wrong.

In hindsight his speech on Monday night was so prophetic its slightly scary. The most heartbreaking thing about it all was seeing the delight on his face at HOF when speaking about his kids and wife.

R.I.P Warrior

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 10 Apr 2014, 5:39 am

Its now being reported that before he collapsed he clutched his chest, and had suffered a massive heart attack. Sounds eeriely similar to Randy Savage.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down