The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Running Order For Copper Box Show

+7
hazharrison
Strongback
TopHat24/7
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
eddyfightfan
hampo17
11 posters

Go down

Running Order For Copper Box Show Empty Running Order For Copper Box Show

Post by hampo17 Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:40 pm

Fight # 1 – 17:10 hrs
8 X 3 Minute Rounds International Heavyweight Contest
EDDIE CHAMBERS vs. MOSES MATOVU

Fight # 2 – 17:50 hrs
6 X 3 Minute Rounds Super-Middleweight Contest
TOM BAKER vs. JAMIE AMBLER

Fight # 3 – 18:20 hrs
8 X 3 Minute Rounds Light-Middleweight Contest
GARY CORCORAN vs. MAX MAXWELL

Fight # 4 – 19:05 hrs
VACANT WBA INTERNATIONAL SUPER-BANTAMWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
12 X 3 Minute Rounds
LEWIS PETTITT vs. EMERSON SANTOS CARVALHO

Fight # 5 – 19:55 hrs
4 X 3 Minute Rounds Cruiserweight Contest
SIMON BARCLAY vs. IGOR BORUCHA

Fight # 6 – 20:15 hrs
WBA INTERCONTINENTAL WELTERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
12 X 3 Minute Rounds
BRADLEY SKEETE vs. GIUSEPPE LORIGA

Fight # 7 – 21:15 hrs
4 X 3 Minute Rounds Welterweight Contest
GEORGIE KEAN vs. WILLIAM WARBURTON

Fight # 8 – 21:40 hrs
WBO EUROPEAN SUPER-MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
10 X 3 Minute Rounds
FRANK BUGLIONI vs. SERGEY KHOMITSKY

Fight # 9 – 22:30 hrs
8 X 3 Minute Rounds Middleweight Contest
CHRIS EUBANK JNR vs. SANDOR MICSKO

Fight # 10 – 23:10 hrs
COMMONWEALTH CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
12 X 3 Minute Rounds
TONY CONQUEST vs. OVILLE McKENZIE

*FIGHT TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.*

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Running Order For Copper Box Show Empty Re: Running Order For Copper Box Show

Post by eddyfightfan Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:45 pm

is there even a competitive fight on the card?

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:52 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:is there even a competitive fight on the card?

Frank Buglioni is taking on Kuminski who, if he had of won ONE more round in his last fight (which was against Martin Murray) would have got a draw. This guy was the fighter who made Jamie Moore retire in his corner in Jamie's last fight. I think this is a decent test for Frank as he is still a prospect in progress.

Tony Conquest vs Ovill McKenzie is a good benchmark to see where Tony is. McKenzie is an ex commonwealth holder so Tony needs to beat guys like this to see where he stands.

Winnable fights for both but certainly not the run of the mill pushovers.

Its a decent little card and I don't think anyone is claiming this card to be a world class card.

These guys need to fight and I for one reckon this is one of the better Copperbox cards in recent times.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:57 pm

Plus a lot of these guys are fighting for certain belts which boost their rankings which should in turn see them fighting harder fights.

Good luck to all them.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:14 pm

Boxnation are trying to squeeze the David Price and Andy Lee fights in there aswell.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:37 pm

Plus pac vs Bradley later that night
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:04 am

Cheeky Frank, puts mildly interesting fight on first, then followed by several hours of dross before the next mildly interesting fight - Buglioni.

You know it's got bad when Conquest-McKenzie is headlining!!

#blameeddie

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:10 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Boxnation are trying to squeeze the David Price and Andy Lee fights in there aswell.

BoxNation confirmed yesterday they are showing the Price fight.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:12 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:Cheeky Frank, puts mildly interesting fight on first, then followed by several hours of dross before the next mildly interesting fight - Buglioni.

You know it's got bad when Conquest-McKenzie is headlining!!

#blameeddie

The headline fight isn't always the last fight.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:42 am

What a poor card.

William Warburton's my favourite journeyman, though. Tough as nails.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:48 am

Why is it a poor card? It's a domestic card, nothing more and nobody is saying it is. Some good prospects on show which wouldn't get air time on Sky as well.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:32 pm

hampo171 wrote:Why is it a poor card? It's a domestic card, nothing more and nobody is saying it is. Some good prospects on show which wouldn't get air time on Sky as well.

There aren't any competitive fights. Why isn't it a poor card? What's good about watching a promotional stable beat up on overmatched opposition?

Why do you feel the need to defend a press release?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:48 pm

hazharrison wrote:
hampo171 wrote:Why is it a poor card? It's a domestic card, nothing more and nobody is saying it is. Some good prospects on show which wouldn't get air time on Sky as well.

There aren't any competitive fights. Why isn't it a poor card? What's good about watching a promotional stable beat up on overmatched opposition?

Hardly defending a press release, giving an opinion that is a domestic card and nothing more. The guy Buglioni is fighting is a step up from the types of fighters he's been facing, recently pushing Martin Murray close, and has been in with guys like Ryan Rhodes and Jamie Moore so is hardly a mug, Conquest against McKenzie again it's a step up for Conquest and good be a banana skin. The rest of the card is prospects, or Chris Eubank JR who really now should be past the 8 round stage and Eddie Chambers who is finally becoming more active.

As I said it's a domestic card, and nobody is dressing it up as a world beater. Most people right these guys off as dross or rubbish without even seeing them fight because they don't know who they are.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:04 pm

hampo171 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:

Hardly defending a press release, giving an opinion that is a domestic card and nothing more. The guy Buglioni is fighting is a step up from the types of fighters he's been facing, recently pushing Martin Murray close, and has been in with guys like Ryan Rhodes and Jamie Moore so is hardly a mug, Conquest against McKenzie again it's a step up for Conquest and good be a banana skin. The rest of the card is prospects, or Chris Eubank JR who really now should be past the 8 round stage and Eddie Chambers who is finally becoming more active.

As I said it's a domestic card, and nobody is dressing it up as a world beater. Most people right these guys off as dross or rubbish without even seeing them fight because they don't know who they are.

Are you suggesting I haven't seen them fight?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:10 pm

Theres just no pleasing some people.

I understand when there are complaints about a poor card that is being billed as a big card. But as I am aware this card is NOT being promoted as a blockbuster card.

Its a show that will get these guys a run out and in the case of Conquest and Buglioni they have opponents that have proven themselves at a higher level than the average journeyman. McKenzie has held form(s) of titles not too long ago and Kuminski nearly got a draw against Murray, who in his previous fight had a case of beating the number one middleweight in the world!

But hey, lets scrap these cards and just keep Frank, Tony, Eddie etc all waiting in limbo until a world champion decides they undeservedly earned a shot.

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:13 pm

hazharrison wrote:
hampo171 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:

Are you suggesting I haven't seen them fight?

There have been comments in the past about fighters on cards like this getting call rubbish or dross without the poster having even watched them, not specifically saying it was you.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:27 pm

I saw Buglioni fight when he was still an amateur. Do I win? If so what do I get?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:06 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Theres just no pleasing some people.

I understand when there are complaints about a poor card that is being billed as a big card. But as I am aware this card is NOT being promoted as a blockbuster card.

Its a show that will get these guys a run out and in the case of Conquest and Buglioni they have opponents that have proven themselves at a higher level than the average journeyman. McKenzie has held form(s) of titles not too long ago and Kuminski nearly got a draw against Murray, who in his previous fight had a case of beating the number one middleweight in the world!

But hey, lets scrap these cards and just keep Frank, Tony, Eddie etc all waiting in limbo until a world champion decides they undeservedly earned a shot.

Small hall shows can still be competitive. Dave Coldwell's doing well in that regard.

I wouldn't go along to that show for free and while I appreciate that the audience at most UK shows comprises several pockets of close friends and family that the fighters themselves have sold tickets to (and so they're not really fussed about seeing competitive fights), why would the average punter pay money to watch that?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:14 pm

hazharrison wrote:
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Theres just no pleasing some people.

Small hall shows can still be competitive. Dave Coldwell's doing well in that regard.

I wouldn't go along to that show for free and while I appreciate that the audience at most UK shows comprises several pockets of close friends and family that the fighters themselves have sold tickets to (and so they're not really fussed about seeing competitive fights), why would the average punter pay money to watch that?

Well how else do you expect fighters to support themselves?

I have been too white collar events that charge about £15/£20 in and its still value for money.

Also, the guys who are fighting on these cards are still names that casuals may recognise but granted, not know too much about.

If you have a group of lads (or girls) who are free for a night out, why not promote a night out at the boxing to them. After all, the cost of a ticket is probably what you would spend on a taxi and fee into a nightclub.

Its a bit disrespectful to say "why would an average punter pay to watch these guys fight".

Well, how about the fact that they normally kill themselves to get in shape and entertain us with their skill. If the average fan is only willing to pay to watch big events then they need to re-evaluate their passion for the sport because at one time, their favorite fighter used to fight on shows like this.

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:20 pm

24/09/2004

Carl Froch fights for the vacant British title against Damon Hague.

On the undercard, Darren Barker and John Murray featured.

The "average punter" probably had the same attitude back then but now probably shower Froch and Barker with praise.

Fighters need support coming through and writing off cards such as this weekend does not help at all.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:59 pm

In all fairness Reborn think you are misrepresenting Haz a little. Am not sure for a minute he is saying there is not a place for small hall shows or that he is only interested in big fights. Think what he is saying is he is interested in competitive fights, and he does not feel that the Copper Box show provides enough of these to justify paying for a ticket. As a consumer he is more than entitled to decide which fights he chooses to watch and attend as are we all.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:01 pm

I'm hopefully going round a mates to watch it, a few beers, a laugh or two and only need one or two of the fights to be half decent and it's been a good night.

As mentioned a few of these fighters could be fairly big in a few years so I'd rather watch them now than just jump on the band wagon further down the road.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:12 pm

I'm going to pour koolaid over myself to gain acceptance from the local yute subculture.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:22 pm

Rowley wrote:In all fairness Reborn think you are misrepresenting Haz a little. Am not sure for a minute he is saying there is not a place for small hall shows or that he is only interested in big fights. Think what he is saying is he is interested in competitive fights, and he does not feel that the Copper Box show provides enough of these to justify paying for a ticket. As a  consumer he is more than entitled to decide which fights he chooses to watch and attend as are we all.

I am a critic of the Copperbox Shows also, when fighters who should be matched competitively are fighting dross. For example, look at the last one with Frankie Gavin. This is a guy who we are led to believe should be fighting at world level yet puts fans to sleep and gets put down by fighters who shoukdn't be sharing a ring with him at this stage.

But I am happy to defend this copperbox show as I feel that at this point in time, Buglioni is fighting a guy who has been competitive against higher level fighters (Murray x2, Rhodes, Moore). Conquest is taking on McKenzie who is around about Commonwealth level and this fight is exactly a fight for that belt.

We aren't being sold a dud here. It is what it is.

But I think its a little unfair to jump on these guys backs because of previous bills.

If Frank Buglioni wins in style then he has every right to rub Martin Murray's nose in it.

PS: Apolgies for sounding to harsh Haz. Just think this card has two good tests for these guys who are trying to make a dent in the sport.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:26 pm

Rowley wrote:In all fairness Reborn think you are misrepresenting Haz a little. Am not sure for a minute he is saying there is not a place for small hall shows or that he is only interested in big fights. Think what he is saying is he is interested in competitive fights, and he does not feel that the Copper Box show provides enough of these to justify paying for a ticket. As a  consumer he is more than entitled to decide which fights he chooses to watch and attend as are we all.

Yep, that's my point. I attend a lot of small hall shows but the majority consist of local lads knocking seven bells out of undernourished Lithuanians. It's absolutely boring.

Phill Jeffries puts on good, competitive cards between local fighters at a similar level, as does Coldwell. Those are the types of cards I could drag my non-boxing fan friends along to with the promise of an entertaining evening -- not the card at the head of this thread.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:31 pm

Coldwell is brilliant, he is based in Rotherham and so promotes a lot round my way and as you say his cards rarely fail to deliver. TV has in many ways blighted this. Coldwell has no TV deal and so obviously his livelihood depends on getting folk through the door, not sure the same is so crucial for promoters who have the TV deals.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:33 pm

I agree that at this point Eubank Jr really should be fighting for some sort of strap if he is wanting to move up the rankings.

The only fights I am taking an interest in specifically are the Buglioni and Conquest fights.

McKenzie can still be a handful for any fighter trying to break through. Conquest isn't the biggest of punchers and with McKenzie, a fighter needs to be on the ball for all 12 rounds as he has an good punch on him.

Not accusing you Haz, but I think some people just look at Kuminski's surname and assume he is just another pushover. Thats not the case. He can make Frank look bad and could be a decent test.

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:38 pm

Currently, promoters stack cards with fights as ticket sales are largely dependant upon how many tickets the fighters themselves can sell to friends and family. More fighters on the bill = more ticket sales.

Events, though, can last up to 7 hours and if the majority of fights are one-sided (as in they feature a 1-50 favourite in each) then it becomes almost unwatchable.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:52 am

My point proven... Frank got spanked! Kuminski was a test and Buglioni failed it.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:06 am

Haz seems to have gone quiet.

Quite "frankly" saying Kuminski was a walk over for a 13 fight novice was pure b*ll*cks, as the result showed.

Its proving to be a decent small hall card.

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:29 am

Yea mate, he will claim Frank was an over rated hype job when he comes back lol
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:59 am

Well there you go. The 2 fights I said were legit tests and buglioni and conquest both lose. I wouldn't even consider them upsets either.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:32 pm

Those fights had banana skin written all over them. You have two "novices" fighting tough 40 fight veterans for a title, and you always know the novices could get unravelled.

Haz was just blowing because he doesn't like Frank Warren...

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:21 am

It was an enjoyable card on the whole. I had a good night.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down