The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC 172

3 posters

Go down

UFC 172 Empty UFC 172

Post by Rinsure Wed 23 Apr 2014, 12:44 pm

Who you got, then?

Big night, big fight... JBJ or Glover? I think JBJ has the edge in just about every facet of the matchup. Glover hits big, but so does Gus, Vitor and other guys JBJ has put away (ok, not put away in the case of Gus, but beat nonetheless). Can see Glover trying to clinch it on the fence, but reckon JBJ is too damn good to get caught in there for long.

So, I'm going for Jonny Bones... and I think he'll pick up a TKO before it goes to the Championship Rounds. I can see a ground-n-pound flurry getting the stoppage in the third.

So on to Davis vs Rumble. Haven't seen much of Rumble other than a couple of Youtube clips, but he looks devastating - albeit fighting much smaller guys when he was trying to make (frankly ludicrous) lower weights before. Davis should be a cut above the guys he's run through outside the UFC, and should... should win. I've been looking at Davis's comments about Jones though, and I can't help feeling he's looking past this fight. And that way Bad Things happen.

Tough one to pick though. Should go for Davis, but it could all be over very quickly the other way too....

Rockhold and Boetsch? Head and heart both have Rockhold taking this one. Some other good ones down the card too, Benavidez looks like a shoe-in, I reckon.

Looking forward to the weekend!

Rinsure

Back to top Go down

UFC 172 Empty Re: UFC 172

Post by Pr4wn Thu 24 Apr 2014, 7:00 pm

Looks to be a very good card. Have to pick Jones, I don't think Glover will be able to move away from Bones' striking.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinsure Fri 25 Apr 2014, 11:06 am

Jack Slack's got a good piece on Glover here:

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/jack-slack-glover-teixeira-in-one-punch

Rinsure

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 25 Apr 2014, 9:18 pm

Can only see a Jones win, I see a stoppage or submission in the 2nd/3rd round.

Going with Rockhold UD and Johnson TKO. I think Davis' stand up is awful and Johnson will pick him off.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinsure Thu 01 May 2014, 11:25 am

Got your predictions the wrong way round there, Valero. Rockhold TKO and Johnson UD. Man, didn't he bully Davis around??

Jones looked good, and Glover fought gamely. Only once decision though.

What do you think about the spread fingers thing?

Rinsure

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum