The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 a side

+7
Stella
Crimey
AberdeenSteve
NickisBHAFC
Dolphin Ziggler
Fernando
Marky
11 posters

Go down

5 a side Empty 5 a side

Post by Marky Fri 25 Apr 2014, 9:48 pm

Question for anyone and everyone.

If you were to pick a fantasy 5 a side match from current Premier League players, what would your side be? With one goalkeeper, one defender, two midfielders and one striker.

Marky

Back to top Go down

5 a side Empty Re: 5 a side

Post by Fernando Fri 25 Apr 2014, 9:57 pm

-------------De Gea
-------------Koscielny
-----Hazard ---------Silva
--------------Lukaku

Mixture of pace/passing & strength so go long if need be  Cool 

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 25 Apr 2014, 9:59 pm

De Gea (best feet and drops down low so fast)
Koscielny (Speed, fight, composure yet not as mental as Luiz so won't be dawdling up front when I need a defender)
Willian (Engine and skill)
Cazorla (Two glorious feet and a bit more scrap than Silva)
Suarez (The master of a turn in tight spaces)

Could also field:

Lloris (the ultimate sweeper keeper)
Kompany (walk that ball out of defence)
Milner (Defends, attacks, never stops running, can shoot)
Silva (No space? No problem)
Aguero (Can take snap shots and comfortable delaying to fool defenders too)

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Apr 2014, 10:03 pm

De Gea (Quality all-round keeper, good distribution)
Kompany (Technically very good, strong & comfortable on the ball, decent passer & excellent tackler)
Yaya Toure (Midfield powerhouse, wouldn't be bullied, does defensive & offensive jobs for nice balance of side. Good passer)
Hazard (Provides width, energy, quickness & skills. Technically very good & can score)
Suarez (Limitless energy & desire, perfect for five-a-side. Scores for fun)

Substitution - Willian

- - - - - - - Suarez-- - - - - - - -

- -Hazard- - - - - - - Yaya Toure- -

- - - - - - -Kompany- - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - De Gea- - - - - - - -

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 25 Apr 2014, 11:22 pm

Marshall
Kompany Baines
Yaya Toure Hazard
Suarez

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sat 26 Apr 2014, 10:26 am

Maths was never your strong point Nick Wink

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sat 26 Apr 2014, 10:27 am

Mine was;

Hugo Lloris
David Luiz
Eden Hazard - David Silva
Luis Suarez

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sat 26 Apr 2014, 8:47 pm

David De Gea
Vincent Kompany
David Silva - Adam Lallana
Alvaro Negredo

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 27 Apr 2014, 6:56 pm

Marky wrote:Maths was never your strong point Nick Wink

hahaha my bad, cause i play 6 a side that's why im so use to our formation!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 27 Apr 2014, 7:14 pm

Marshall
Kompany
Lallana Cazorla
Suarez

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 28 Apr 2014, 1:01 pm

De Gea
Luiz
Rooney
Silva
Suarez
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 28 Apr 2014, 7:34 pm

think all those putting yaya in your team are not fully realising the difference between 11 aside and 5 a side. very little physicality in 5 aside and its about moving the ball about. plus he's incredibly lazy tracking back only puts a real shift on when going forward. fine in 11 side as he has players to cover for him.

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 29 Apr 2014, 9:01 am

compelling and rich wrote:think all those putting yaya in your team are not fully realising the difference between 11 aside and 5 a side. very little physicality in 5 aside and its about moving the ball about. plus he's incredibly lazy tracking back only puts a real shift on when going forward. fine in 11 side as he has players to cover for him.

Toure's a big unit, he might be ok as a rush goalie  Very Happy 
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Tue 29 Apr 2014, 3:50 pm

Howard

Jagielka

Coleman Baines

Lukaku

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Apr 2014, 4:04 pm

compelling and rich wrote:think all those putting yaya in your team are not fully realising the difference between 11 aside and 5 a side. very little physicality in 5 aside and its about moving the ball about. plus he's incredibly lazy tracking back only puts a real shift on when going forward. fine in 11 side as he has players to cover for him.

No physicality in five-a-side???? Disagree. I've been playing competitive five-a-side tournaments for years, you get absolutely battered & bruised. You need the strength & power in the middle of the park more than you think. Yeah, essentially it's important to move the ball quickly with good passing but that's all in theory. Once your involved, begin to tire, five-a-side matches ultimately turn into messy hard-fought clashes as the quality decreases. Well, that's what happens in tournaments over one day, I find. I don't know, you must be playing charity five-a-side games where it's about the taking part and having fun?  Smile 

Also, I don't think Yaya would struggle in a five-a-side & be lazy in all seriousness. If there was an issue, I could just put him into defence, he's more than capable & would be a beast to get past.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 29 Apr 2014, 4:21 pm

Yeah we always lose our 5-a-side games cos we aren't physical enough, we're probably as good as most the teams but they're all fitter, stronger and more powerful than we are
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 29 Apr 2014, 4:27 pm

Brain will overcome brawn in 5 a side. Both is ideal, of course.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 29 Apr 2014, 4:30 pm

John wrote:

No physicality in five-a-side???? Disagree. I've been playing competitive five-a-side tournaments for years, you get absolutely battered & bruised. You need the strength & power in the middle of the park more than you think. Yeah, essentially it's important to move the ball quickly with good passing but that's all in theory. Once your involved, begin to tire, five-a-side matches ultimately turn into messy hard-fought clashes as the quality decreases. Well, that's what happens in tournaments over one day, I find. I don't know, you must be playing charity five-a-side games where it's about the taking part and having fun?  Smile 

Also, I don't think Yaya would struggle in a five-a-side & be lazy in all seriousness. If there was an issue, I could just put him into defence, he's more than capable & would be a beast to get past.

im 6,2 and pretty much stronger than any footballer i play against having played rugby for large parts of my life. i play indoor 5 a side and out door on 3g normally 8 a side. being larger isnt as suitable indoor, suits players who are quick off the mark and quick feet, i can be quick when i get going but being large set im not the quickest off the mark but indoor its all about acceleration. im much more effective outdoors on the bigger pitch as i can use my physicality a lot more and i think it would be much the same with yaya albeit at a a very higher level.

please dont think im comparing myself to yaya, just the differences that i have noticed when i have played. id take someone like a hazard over a yaya all day and really believe that a team of hazards v a team of yayas that yaya team wouldnt get near them despite yaya teams having a lot of physical adavantages. yaya is quick over a long distance combined with strength. but a team of technically better footballers who are quicker and can get the big lads moving around would soon tire them out.

there a reason why fernadinho has been a great signing for city, and its because he does a lot of yayas running for him. hard for a guy of yayas size to get up and down the pitch constantly without getting knackered.

although i do agree with you he would be a great cb in 5 a side. dont really need a out and out cb in 5 a side. but a lot of people were puttting him in in cm. inestia would be a ideal cm in 5 a side for me

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Wed 30 Apr 2014, 12:48 pm

Lloris
Zabaleta
Ramsey Lallana
Aguero

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content