The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liverpool for a stag do

+5
Mind the windows Tino.
VDT
Rowley
trottb
spencerclarke
9 posters

Go down

Liverpool for a stag do Empty Liverpool for a stag do

Post by spencerclarke Wed May 14, 2014 5:26 am

Evening all,

I'm off to Liverpool for a stag do in July and as an usher I've been tasked with finding decent bars and clubs. Any suggestions guys of bars and their locations? Also any clubs where we could try and get on the guest list? Maybe an indie club?

Thanks in advance guys.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Liverpool for a stag do Empty Re: Liverpool for a stag do

Post by trottb Wed May 14, 2014 9:41 pm

The Cavern usually has a good band on over the weekend and is worth a look early on (it is where the Beatles were discovered or played). The rest of Matthews Street is decent too. Also Concert Square in the centre is where most of the pubs/clubs are, I think.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed May 14, 2014 10:00 pm

There is apparently a Beatles museum in Liverpool. I mention this as you may have been unaware the band were from the city. The average scouser is normally quite reticent to mention this.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Wed May 14, 2014 10:14 pm

Rowley wrote:There is apparently a Beatles museum in Liverpool. I mention this as you may have been unaware the band were from the city. The average scouser is normally quite reticent to mention this.

They were also pretty successful at football once. Lots of European cups, apparently.

Earnie Shavers used to work on the door at Yates' too. Not sure if he still does.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Wed May 14, 2014 10:36 pm

Cheers!

I went to the Beatles Museum last time I was there, twas very good.

I've been to the Cavern and Matthews street. That was my plan for starting things off.

I've also been told last night that Seel Street has plenty of decent indie bars. Anyone been that way?

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Wed May 14, 2014 11:02 pm

If your planning to had up to Seel Street checkout Bar Ca Va (which is a Tequila bar £1 per shot) and The Krazy House (Rock Club on 3 floors K1 Floor Metal/Hard Rock K2 Floor Classic Rock K3 Floor Indie/Alt Rock plus 2 for 1 drinks all night) on Wood Street which is the road before Seel Street
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed May 14, 2014 11:18 pm

spencerclarke wrote:Evening all,

I'm off to Liverpool for a stag do in July and as an usher I've been tasked with finding decent bars and clubs. Any suggestions guys of bars and their locations? Also any clubs where we could try and get on the guest list? Maybe an indie club?

Thanks in advance guys.

Don't bother with Liverpool, spence. Nip into Runcorn instead. It's right next door and a truly fantastic place to spend an evening.

Your mates will love it, trust me on this one....

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu May 15, 2014 8:10 pm

Depends what you into mate.

Matthew St is for the old people, and when i say older I mean lates 20's and that. Concert Sq is full of 16, 17 and 18 year olds. I cant remeber the last time I was in Concert Sq for a bev :laugh:Seel st has got a few decent bars down there. No where in particular stands. But I would avoid  Concert Sq Laugh

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Fri May 16, 2014 8:51 am

I didn't think at 31 I'd be classed as old already! Haha

Cheers for the advice though gents. All duly noted.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri May 16, 2014 6:14 pm

spencerclarke wrote:

Cheers for the advice though gents. All duly noted.

Spence, I am feeling a little guilty.  Sarcasm is hard to pick up on a forum but trust me, I was being sarcastic about Runcorn.  Don't go there pal, it's a sh*thole.  I am being offensive, as that is where I am from.  It literally has no redeeming features.  Stick to Liverpool, mate.

I read your post and had visions of you going into Runcorn and cursing me throughout the evening!

Liverpool is good fun, enjoy.

Last edited by Mind the windows Tino. on Fri May 16, 2014 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fuck you, Galted.)

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri May 16, 2014 8:20 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:  I am been offensive, as that is where I am from.  

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Fri May 16, 2014 10:34 pm

Haha! I had picked up on it mate. No bother.

Just seen your edited reason. Smile Apparently there is a way around the swear filter! Well played.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri May 16, 2014 11:08 pm

spencerclarke wrote:Haha! I had picked up on it mate.  No bother.

Just seen your edited reason. Smile Apparently there is a way around the swear filter!  Well played.

Glad you noticed Tino's disgraceful punctuation, spencerclarke.  I would prefer to ignore it but his illiteracy ruins threads.  He'll probably try to worm his way into the stag do by using words like "mate" and "pal" but the fact is that he is little more than a stalker.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri May 16, 2014 11:13 pm

Last edited by Mind the windows Tino. on Fri May 16, 2014 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fuck you, Galted.)

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri May 16, 2014 11:24 pm

Galted wrote:

Just seen your edited reason. Smile Apparently there is a way around the swear filter!  Well played.

Glad you noticed Tino's disgraceful punctuation, spencerclarke.  I would prefer to ignore it but his illiteracy ruins threads.  He'll probably try to worm his way into the stag do by using words like "mate" and "pal" but the fact is that he is little more than a stalker.

"onto", surely?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri May 16, 2014 11:26 pm

superflyweight wrote:
Galted wrote:

"onto", surely?  

In your face, Mears!

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri May 16, 2014 11:28 pm

Nope, "into" is correct.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri May 16, 2014 11:30 pm

Galted wrote:Nope, "into" is correct.

Superfly is a lawyer, you're a humble adventurer and purveyor of sh*t clothing.

Superfly wins.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri May 16, 2014 11:37 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

Superfly wins.

a) Those two in the Pistorius trial are lawyers, doesn't mean they have a great grasp of the English language.
b) Jack Wolfskin, Gore-Tex and Hi-Tec are not "sh*t clothing".
c) I'm not humble.

Last edited by Galted on Fri May 16, 2014 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wanker.)

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri May 16, 2014 11:39 pm

Galted wrote:

Superfly wins.

a) Those two in the Pistorius trial are lawyers, doesn't mean they have a great grasp of the English language.
c) I'm not humble.

a) Good point.  Still think 'fly is correct
b) Yes, yes they are.
c) No, no you're not.  You're a t*sser.

Last edited by Mind the windows Tino. on Fri May 16, 2014 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Cockface)

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri May 16, 2014 11:43 pm

Galted wrote:

Superfly wins.

c) I'm not humble.

a) Good point.  Still think 'fly is correct
b) Yes, yes they are.
c) No, no you're not.  You're a t*sser.

a) Whatever.
b) No they're not.
c) Whatever.

Last edited by Galted on Fri May 16, 2014 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mr Winklechops)

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri May 16, 2014 11:45 pm

Me - "I'm going on a stag do"

Galted - "I'm going in a stag do"

Mine is much better, but it really should be "I'm going to a stag do.

We should go easy on Galted though, he's distracted because tomorrow he's going in a bender.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri May 16, 2014 11:47 pm

superflyweight wrote:Me - "I'm going on a stag do"

Galted - "I'm going in a stag do"

Mine is much better, but it really should be "I'm going to a stag do.  

We should go easy on Galted though, he's distracted because tomorrow he's going in a bender.  

LMFAO out loud.  Again.

Last edited by Mind the windows Tino. on Fri May 16, 2014 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Glated rims tramps.)

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri May 16, 2014 11:49 pm

Last edited by Galted on Fri 16 May - 13:44; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mr Winklechops)

Laugh 

ROFL out loud.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri May 16, 2014 11:56 pm

Superfly does bring up an interesting point but I put this to him...

does Tino worm his way onto something or does Tino worm his way into something?

Last edited by Galted on Fri May 16, 2014 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Pack of cunts)

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri May 16, 2014 11:58 pm

Galted wrote:Superfly does bring up an interesting point but I put this to him...

Stop trying to divert attention from the fact Superfly has pulled your pants down and smacked your little pink, hairless bottom and sent you to bed without any quinoa for supper.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri May 16, 2014 11:59 pm

Galted wrote:Superfly does bring up an interesting point but I put this to him...

Depends on the object.

Last edited by superflyweight on Fri May 16, 2014 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Pissflaps.)

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sat May 17, 2014 12:01 am

Stop trying to divert attention from the fact Superfly has pulled your pants down and smacked your little pink, hairless bottom and sent you to bed without any quinoa for supper.

It's not hairless, gave up the trim after my sack when I saw how big the pile of nesting material on the floor was.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Sat May 17, 2014 12:02 am

superflyweight wrote:

Depends on the object.

Galted's back passage?

Last edited by Mind the windows Tino. on Sat May 17, 2014 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Jizz balls)

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Sat May 17, 2014 2:35 am

It was the word 'do' that was incorrect. He's going to try and 'worm his way into the stag'

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 10:16 am

Hannahs Bar is a decent start spot, that's up by the bombed out church and then within walking distance of anywhere else

Theres a place called salt dogs for steins (again by the bombed out church) and that's next door to an Irish bar which do the nicest pint of Guiness. There's a nightclub called the blue angel, or locally known as the raz which is an absolute dive but cheap as anything and the music is so cheesy or can't not have a good time

Other than that you have the usual places like Walkabout and Reflex, but also as mentioned above there's a place called the Krazyhouse which is quality night out and caters for a variety of music tastes

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed May 21, 2014 4:00 am

Last summer, I went to Liverpool with my mate for a weekend and we spent most of it watching Wimbledon (she's a big tennis fan) in O'Neills which is an Irish pub chain I love anywhere to be honest. Then we did the touristy things like visiting the Albert Dock, The Cavern etc. I'm probably not the best person to ask being as you're going on a staganendoo though...  Laugh 

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri May 30, 2014 9:51 pm

Very Happy 
gazzyD wrote: There's a nightclub called the blue angel, or locally known as the raz which is an absolute dive but cheap as anything and the music is so cheesy or can't not have a good time.....

Ah the Raz.......................I had to blag my way in there back in the day because I wasn't a student. Dindgy, smells like stale ale and eggs, music is like goin to a cheese feastiful. You could get bladderd of a tenner (seriously) and the student girls where loose  Very Happy 

I miss those days, family, house and job have sucked all the youthful fun out of me haha

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 31, 2014 1:36 am

Was going to suggest a night out in Clitheroe (which I can never stop reading as Clit Hero) but my night out was spoiled by an angry Scotsman who took offensive to me suggesting that the bar was no place for the unemployed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down