The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New League - what would get you involved?

+13
cherriesfna
FIFA Diva
Bull
Good Golly I'm Olly
Trebs
Hero
sodhat
GSC
Azzy
Fernando
Marky
The_Enigma
Afro
17 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

New League - what would get you involved? - Page 3 Empty New League - what would get you involved?

Post by Afro Wed May 28, 2014 8:29 am

First topic message reminder :

A lot of the old leagues have died off and there is a general sense of apathy towards the old styles.

This page is for anyone and everyone, past, present and future, to put down their ideas and thoughts of what should or shouldn't be in the old league. It is free form and no idea or criticism is a bad one. Lets get something going and breathe a bit of life into the old dog.

What things did you like in the previous leagues?
What things put you off in previous leagues?
What fresh ideas have you got for a new league?
What would definately stop you joining?
Plus any other things that spring to mind.

And remember to respect others ideas and opinions. It is okay to not agree with someone else, but any criticism needs to be constructive and have justification. Any bullying, bickering or just generally being disrespectful will be deleted.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

New League - what would get you involved? - Page 3 Empty Re: New League - what would get you involved?

Post by GSC Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:48 am

bull sux
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

New League - what would get you involved? - Page 3 Empty Re: New League - what would get you involved?

Post by Azzy Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:00 am

Let's get going on this. Who has signed up for Restart 196?

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:23 am

Maybe
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:26 am

idea 

Smileys mean you're in

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:29 am

New League - what would get you involved? - Page 3 3559488474 

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:47 am

So who's actually going to be in charge of running this new league. We've had over 3 pages of discussion but still haven't made any decisions! What league/teams will everybody agree on? Vote best way to deal with this? Personally I would be interested in either World Cup or Championship teams.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:28 am

I think not having a leader has really inhibited the last few leagues. We need a strong presence at the top to make decisions and move things along. I'm not that guy, but there are a few here who could be.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:32 am

I think you need 2-3 with 1 more vocal I suppose. I don't mind being one.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:38 am

I can't really run stuff, I'm nowhere near reliable enough or motivated enough in my spare time.

Marky is quite a good candidate for that, he's always been dilligent when running. Afro might like to be the boss-man because he loves him some rules.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:23 pm

Just to say champ teams may encourage a return
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:30 pm

Also anyone ever given any thought to a salary cap?

Runner decides how much a player is worth paying

Money can also be exchanged between budget and cap with 500k budget = 10k salary

Scale like
Ronaldo = 400k
Mata = 150k
Bony = 50k
Grabban = 10k
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:31 pm

Btw I was RIGHT about Bony for those who can remember  Yahoo 
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:39 pm

Grabban for £10k is a serious waste of £10k Cherries  Cool 

I had Bony down as PL top scorer in the pre-season predictions on this very site. Came vaguely close too!

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:41 pm

Olly wrote:#bringbacktsj

I like this one!!

I won't take a team but I'd be more than willing to be an unbiased voice if people wanted. I do have until the start of September to fill...
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:42 pm

People laughed when I swapped Vertonghen for Godin Whistle
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:47 pm

The Special Juan wrote:

I like this one!!

I won't take a team but I'd be more than willing to be an unbiased voice if people wanted.  I do have until the start of September to fill...

Take a team then!

After all you have no one to support in the World Cup... (or hate by the end of the group stage when England are out)

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:48 pm

Tbh I think the vibe is that people want a more simplified management side with more social. Salary cap just seems unnecessarily complicated and annoying for runners.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:48 pm

An idea I floated a couple of years ago was teams randomly made up from pools of players and then randomly assigned to managers.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:51 pm

sodhat wrote:
The Special Juan wrote:

I like this one!!

I won't take a team but I'd be more than willing to be an unbiased voice if people wanted.  I do have until the start of September to fill...

Take a team then!

After all you have no one to support in the World Cup... (or hate by the end of the group stage when England are out)

Scotland get their revenge at Wimbledon. I have exams in August so my days are mostly spent studying for them.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:53 pm

Also, someone get Hero to remove the dead leagues from the section Whistle
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:57 pm

If Scotland get independence does that mean Andy Murray will now have SCO next to his name instead of GBR?

Incidentally, I took a facebook quiz and apparently my political views align most well with the SNP. I think it was purely because I said I don't mind Scottish independence or Europe.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:05 pm

Good question. He doesn't get a vote in the referendum so I have no idea.

I'm a Tory, according to a quiz I took Laugh
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:07 pm

Let's just agree this now then:

- 9 Championship teams
- Each week there are four fixtures, and the manager left out has to do all voting plus run Sheep
- Simplified injuries (2 per week)
- Simplified Lawyers (2 per week, at Euro fee)
- Tactics are Starting XI + subs + 2 lines of attacking instructions + 2 lines of defending instructions
- All decisions must be voted on as a group, 5 for a majority
- Last day of the season has to be a live text, with a celebratory game of Mafia the day after for all 9 managers
- One manager does the league table
- One manager does the top scorers list
- Weekly fees: £1m for handing in tactics, £1.5m for the person doing voting. Means if you're first, you get your money early, but I have zero problem with being 8th and being behind on the moolah front. It all balances out in the end.
- One manager does the rumour mill (updated weekly)

What say you? And who is in?

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:11 pm

I don't know if 9 managers, 3 games a week is viable. But prefer multiple votes to one person
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:16 pm

Would there be a way to have 2 games a week? One on Wednesday (results that night/first thing Thursday morn), one on Friday (results on Monday morn).
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:18 pm

The Special Juan wrote:

I'm a Tory, according to a quiz I took Laugh

Sh!t like that should see you get kicked out of Scotland...

I don't think I can even vote SNP can I? If they stand in England I may be their only voter.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:27 pm

I don't think so. They might stand in Berwick and they do have MPs (Salmond was an MP up until 4 years ago).
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:31 pm

I just want to add, I'm not taking part in any form this time. Two separate occasions I've built a side to fight for the league and the league folds. Considering its the same managers again, even though I like all of you, I'm not interested in managing here right now.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:38 pm

I understand where you're coming from Marky, I had that once too, but this time we're bringing the fun back. We should be more active, more jolly, and with the lack of voting/tactics requirements, the league shouldn't really have any reason to fold.

Plus, me and Viva are back Smile

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:41 pm

Plus the possible return of the  king 
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:41 pm

Leagues just don't last long here and there's nothing I can think of that can be done about that.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:49 pm

Leagues don't last long cause it's the same formula every time.

It's just like soup. U Make urself some and it's nice and hot but after a while it gets cold so you make yourself some more, but that get cold too then rinse and repeat

Soup analogy  Cool 
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:52 pm

That sums up the mentality of the young today.

Cold soup = make new soup. Why not warm the old soup up?

YOU'RE KILLING THE PLANET.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:54 pm

See I like it when a league gets to the third season. You slowly build your team up, and by S3 most people have good teams and it's a battle of tactical mastery. We used to regularly make S3, and we all liked it.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:54 pm

sodhat wrote:That sums up the mentality of the young today.

Cold soup = make new soup. Why not warm the old soup up?

YOU'RE KILLING THE PLANET.
+1

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:58 pm

Also transfers are too easy from what I've experienced .

Gerrard is currently worth 6.6 mil on Tm, so if we do championship he'll be easily affordable even tho he would never leave Liverpool right now .

With the rota idea everyone takes a. Turn to look through transfer and either say yes or no to an offer, and to prevent tactic denial everyone is allowed 2 appeals a Season to the overall runner
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:08 pm

'Nother suggestion would be to turn sheep or mafia into a league format #stalequickly .
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:12 pm

cherriesfna wrote:Also transfers are too easy from what I've experienced .

Gerrard is currently worth 6.6 mil on Tm, so if we do championship he'll be easily affordable even tho he would never leave Liverpool right now .

With the rota idea everyone takes a. Turn to look through transfer and either say yes or no to an offer, and to prevent tactic denial everyone is  allowed 2 appeals a Season to the overall runner

Too subjective and will lead to arguments. Managers will all have different views on fairness of bids and so some that wouldn't be accepted by one may be accepted by another. It has to be a panel, or left as TM for me.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:26 pm

Hiya guys,

Just read this now and as long as there is any free spaces and if I'm allowed in this league, I would very much like to be a part of a potential new league. I'll leave it up to the runners, throw down a couple of suggestions if needed and necessary and hopefully get involved with whatever is required.

OK

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:56 am

Morning all

What's happening?

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:56 am

Needs more people discussing really
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:24 am

Best thing to do is probably get a list down of who actually wants in.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:29 am

I want to use lower international teams, think that's the best way personally because they're lopsided generally.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:30 am

Azzy
GSC

Who else?

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:47 am

Moi
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:52 am

TheSecondComing wrote:Azzy
GSC

Who else?

Start a new thread for that?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:53 am

I'm in.

Lets re-establish ourselves in the 606 Euro Division bit shall we?

I have mod powers there so I can move stuff for us. We need a deadline to get stuff going.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:54 am

I also have mod powers there Whistle
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:06 am

ghost
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:16 am

GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next