The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Released/Championship/National League/Academy Bidding

+8
Steven_Sharks
LukeLovesLuka
Sgt_Pooly
ChequeredJersey
prop_lyd
Ozzy3213
Fluxy
SirJohnnyEnglish
12 posters

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down

Released/Championship/National League/Academy Bidding Empty Released/Championship/National League/Academy Bidding

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sat 07 Jun 2014, 12:53 pm

This page is for bidding for previously released, Championship, National League and academy players who are not currently in the game. In relation to previously released players this can be any player who has been at a team in the game in any of the previous five seasons. In the event that I cannot remember that player being in the game and being released you will need to hunt for some evidence of this for me. The maximum that I will charge for any player in these categories is £5 million, however if a bidding war ensues you may end up paying more.

I will leave all bids a minimum of 24 hours before answering them.

Releases Price Guide

Current International - £5m
Past International - £4m
All Others - £3m

Outstanding Bids

Bath Rugby - 0
Exeter Chiefs - 0
Gloucester Rugby - 0
Harlequins - 0
Leicester Tigers - 1
London Irish - 1
London Wasps - 0 (+0)
Newcastle Falcons - 0
Northampton Saints - 0
Sale Sharks - 0
Saracens - 0
Worcester Warriors 0 (+0)

Current Bids

Last edited by Fluxy on Fri 15 Jul 2016, 9:48 am; edited 116 times in total (Reason for editing : Carr/Loader - Irish/Bath)

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Released/Championship/National League/Academy Bidding Empty Re: Released/Championship/National League/Academy Bidding

Post by Fluxy Sat 07 Jun 2014, 10:27 pm

Jack Stanley - £1m

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Released/Championship/National League/Academy Bidding Empty Re: Released/Championship/National League/Academy Bidding

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Mon 09 Jun 2014, 11:07 am

Fluxy wrote:Jack Stanley - £1m
ACCEPTED

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Mon 09 Jun 2014, 11:28 am

MARK

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 09 Jun 2014, 5:37 pm

Jordan Onojaife (Northampton Saints) - £1m
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Mon 09 Jun 2014, 5:49 pm

How much for max evans, unless someone wants t buy him?
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Mon 09 Jun 2014, 5:53 pm

I did make an offer for him yesterday, but released the players I would offer

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Mon 09 Jun 2014, 5:53 pm

2m Prop  thumbsup 

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jun 2014, 7:52 am

Glos release Juan imhoff 2m
Rupert Harden 1.5?
Karl Chateau. ??? Regular top 14 player

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 10 Jun 2014, 8:20 am

Did Harden play for England? He was called up but ESPN says he wasn't capped so 1m.
Chateau is 1m.

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 10 Jun 2014, 8:33 am

MARK

Outstanding Bids
Ozzy3213 wrote:Jordan Onojaife (Northampton Saints) - £1m

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jun 2014, 8:34 am

SirJohnnyEnglish wrote:Did Harden play for England? He was called up but ESPN says he wasn't capped so 1m.
Chateau is 1m.

Was unsure hence the ??? You are right he toured but did not get capped

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Tue 10 Jun 2014, 9:05 am

Not sure if he's gone: Hayden Thompson-Stringer (saracens) 1 mil
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 10 Jun 2014, 9:12 am

Just released by Pooly so will be 3m Prop

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 10 Jun 2014, 10:33 am

I have Thompson Stringer
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jun 2014, 10:38 am

Pooly releases Hayden Thomas I thought

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 10 Jun 2014, 10:54 am

Pooly released Thompson Stringer as of this morning. Check the last post before my mark on domestics. I'll look into it now

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 10 Jun 2014, 11:00 am

I have no record of Pooly ever signing Thompson Stringer??

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jun 2014, 11:01 am

SirJohnnyEnglish wrote:I have no record of Pooly ever signing Thompson Stringer??

Pete has always had him I thought. Been a few like that

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 10 Jun 2014, 11:10 am

Can see Pete buying him during the year through my budgets but can't see anything from Pooly

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 10 Jun 2014, 4:20 pm

Release Sailosi Tagicakibau and Aulika (4m each as ex Ints)
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 10 Jun 2014, 4:23 pm

1.5m each mate. The 4m figure above relates to trying to sign them from the national league  thumbsup 

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 10 Jun 2014, 4:26 pm

Ah no worries. 1.5 each it is then
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 10 Jun 2014, 4:55 pm

Release Sam Stanley, Casey Laulala, James Percival. Will sort in morning need to sleep
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 10 Jun 2014, 8:53 pm

Thompson Stringer is Pete's player so unavailable for bidding. The release fee has been removed from Pooly's budget. Looks like you just added him to your sqaud Pooly unless you can show otherwise? Poor form if so after previous accusations!

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 10 Jun 2014, 9:10 pm

Is my Onojaife bid ok?
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 10 Jun 2014, 9:22 pm

ACCEPTED

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jun 2014, 9:28 pm

SirJohnnyEnglish wrote:
ACCEPTED

He is in Chris's squad

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 10 Jun 2014, 10:11 pm

There will be punishments for randomly adding players. Both were aware of the rules regarding academy players having either taken advantage of it during the season or running the bids section!

Some of you take this game way to seriously. No need for the cheating and all the stirring we have seen recent months. The enjoyment is really being sucked out of this league for me at the moment.

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 10 Jun 2014, 10:13 pm

Well said Johnny.

I bid on the wrong page.

Hayden Thompson Stringer - 1m

(Sarries academy)

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 10 Jun 2014, 10:17 pm

Sorry lads, I've missed all this as I don't think I marked the page.

I wasn't releasing Stringer, I was bidding on him (on wrong page!)

I've never had him in my academy on here.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 10 Jun 2014, 10:22 pm

SirJohnnyEnglish wrote:Thompson Stringer is Pete's player so unavailable for bidding. The release fee has been removed from Pooly's budget. Looks like you just added him to your sqaud Pooly unless you can show otherwise? Poor form if so after previous accusations!

Really sorry boys, as I mentioned I didn't realise there was a new page and was BIDDING on Stringer not releasing. I've never had him in my squad and have never randomly added players.

His 100% yours Pete, I did suspect somebody had him and was surprised nobody counter bid as he looks quality!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 10 Jun 2014, 10:22 pm

I'm going to have to apologise to Pooly if that's the case. Checking a cache of your page seems to back you up. http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://www.606v2.com/t47807-saracens

Not the same story for Chris though http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://www.606v2.com/t44510-northampton-saints-squad-fantasy-rugby-2013-14

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jun 2014, 10:25 pm

There have been quite a few in academies that I can't see being bought previously.

Was going to bid on batley for glos and can't see him ever being purchased for example. Not saying he was not bought but just could not find him being bought.

There were a few others from various teams when I was looking at academy prospects for this year with me promoting or cutting so many.

Also as the academy rule came in a while ago there are lots of people who had people in their academy's when bidding was not required so it is hard to keep up with what's what. Easier now we are a year down the line.

Let's draw a line under it and if it happens again the offending team loses there best player?

So much youth out there that it's easy to find prospects

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 10 Jun 2014, 10:27 pm

Matt, we've been through the Batley thing. Johnny showed you the post when I signed him!

You even commented when I signed him!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jun 2014, 10:28 pm

Shame there is not a search function for players. Forever having to check teams to see if I can bid for an academy lad only to find he is in the last team I check.

How do you do that cache thing sje

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jun 2014, 10:30 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Matt, we've been through the Batley thing. Johnny showed you the post when I signed him!

You even commented when I signed him!

To be fair I often Mis things. Dip in and out

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Tue 10 Jun 2014, 10:33 pm

Personally think academy player should be for our specific sides until their first senior game.

Then you should have the choice to add him to your academy or not.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 10 Jun 2014, 10:35 pm

"Sgt_Pooly wrote:
Cheers Chris, I'm just lining them up.

Joe Batley - 1m

Surprised others not in for him. I had to release him also. Coaches at glos big fans of him"

You wrote the bottom bit, Chris accepted the next post.

I've not added anyone, I deal out too much abuse to randomly add players.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 10 Jun 2014, 10:37 pm

Only issue with that Luke is that it favours those with strong real life academies, which isn't really fair on others.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 10 Jun 2014, 10:39 pm

Look at poor Welsh

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jun 2014, 10:39 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:"Sgt_Pooly wrote:
Cheers Chris, I'm just lining them up.

Joe Batley - 1m

Surprised others not in for him. I had to release him also. Coaches at glos big fans of him"

You wrote the bottom bit, Chris accepted the next post.

I've not added anyone, I deal out too much abuse to randomly add players.

Fair play

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Tue 10 Jun 2014, 10:40 pm

Do agree Pete, although most sides have decent youngsters. Exeter had a good batch through, for example. We've been playing this for so long the 'big teams' aren't the big teams anymore. You just won the ap with wasps for example (sorry Chris...)

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jun 2014, 10:41 pm

Think current system works well. Academy players should be shared otherwise teams like glos, Leicester etc get best youngsters.

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 10 Jun 2014, 10:54 pm

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:example.com
Just copy and paste the address of the page you want to view over the bolded bit.

There have been loads of questions over this in the past (mostly between Matt, Chris & Pooly!) and the allegations were either wrong or couldn't be proven. A line was drawn then.

It was hard to prove during the season as no record was taken of academies between Pete stepping down and me taking over. But as you can see I've got better at checking these out now. I'll take credit for the homework on Batley thank you!

This is quite clearly cheating which is extremely poor form. Its not the first occurrence either.  There will be punishment. Its getting awful tiring having to police the league. (You had it easy Pete I get all the problems!!)

Re the rules Luke they were brought in as some academies are quite clearly better then others giving EQ advantages to those sides. When brought in London Welsh were in the league (now back) whom have no academy so would be harshly treated if that were the case!

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Tue 10 Jun 2014, 11:26 pm

I'm confused with the academy thing - I was of the assumption that if you had a youngster who was in your academy then you could just bring him into your academy? I gave Prop Sam Olver for free as I thought I would share out the EQ a bit with an England u20, and then bring in another from the academy.

Isn't that how it has worked previously, I've released quite a few from my academy so I could bring some players through.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 10 Jun 2014, 11:33 pm

You need to bid on ALL academy players Chris.

You can't just add them when somebody else bids on them! Lol

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 10 Jun 2014, 11:39 pm

dammit_chris wrote:I'm confused with the academy thing - I was of the assumption that if you had a youngster who was in your academy then you could just bring him into your academy? I gave Prop Sam Olver for free as I thought I would share out the EQ a bit with an England u20, and then bring in another from the academy.

Isn't that how it has worked previously, I've released quite a few from my academy so I could bring some players through.

Olver is a poor example to use Chris since you signed him correctly through Nationals for 5m. Page 13 of the old thread if anyone wants to check.

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 10 Jun 2014, 11:44 pm

Just suck it up Chris.....you have previous! Lol

warning 

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Wed 11 Jun 2014, 12:03 am

I didn't know that Pete had bid on him, otherwise I would have bidded on him like I did when you bid on Olver. I was genuinely of the belief that if you had space in the academy then you could bring your own academy players through.

I am not sure why Olver is a 'poor example' as he was quite clearly in the Saints academy when I gave him to Prop? Originally I deleted him from my squad in error when I was editing my team, but could have said that instead of outbidding Pooly for him as I didnt want to cause a fuss.

Pete - sorry if it has looked like I added him in my squad when you put a bid in for him, I actually had put him in my squad before you put your bid in. Just been at work a lot and only able to access on my iphone, which means I cant go through all the posts.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next