The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chisora v Fury - Going for a Chisora upset !!

+22
theanimal316
Mr Bounce
jimdig
tunes666
Steffan
3fingers
kingraf
jbeadlesbigrighthand
aja424
Dipper Brown
Derbymanc
wheelchair1991
John Bloody Wayne
Strongback
hogey
Hammersmith harrier
88Chris05
catchweight
TopHat24/7
Rowley
hazharrison
TRUSSMAN66
26 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Chisora v Fury -  Going for a Chisora upset !! - Page 2 Empty Chisora v Fury - Going for a Chisora upset !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 02 Jul 2014, 2:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

Considering Chisora was a near 20 stone fatty the first time and Fury didn't look convincing.......Gives me the feeling that with a 12 round window and against a chin that has been dented by an old and knackered Cruiser...Chisora may get through eventually and cause an upset....

Even though I can't stand Derek......My disregard for Fury is such that I don't really give a rat's assss who wins...

But I'm going with Chisora..............Has a better chin than Haye and Fury looks too amateurish...still !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Chisora v Fury -  Going for a Chisora upset !! - Page 2 Empty Re: Chisora v Fury - Going for a Chisora upset !!

Post by Strongback Fri 04 Jul 2014, 12:26 pm

Derbymanc wrote:I think you'll probably find he's using it to take the mick out of people like yourself that seem to begrudge his success because he had a better upbringing.

I couldn't care less about Hearn's wealth and I certainly wouldn't want Barry Hearn as a father.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Chisora v Fury -  Going for a Chisora upset !! - Page 2 Empty Re: Chisora v Fury - Going for a Chisora upset !!

Post by catchweight Fri 04 Jul 2014, 12:29 pm

Barry Hearn never told you what happened to your father......

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 04 Jul 2014, 12:42 pm

I think you'll find he probably doesn't care what some upstart on a forum thinks, hence why he's taking the mick out of people like you with comments like that.

Jealousy's a terrible thing bud

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 04 Jul 2014, 12:45 pm

Eddie being British he gets a lot of support around here.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 04 Jul 2014, 12:50 pm

Strongback wrote:Eddie being British he gets a lot of support around here.

What's the matter with you ?? ....Break out of it...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 04 Jul 2014, 12:53 pm

Derbymanc wrote:I think you'll find he probably doesn't care what some upstart on a forum thinks, hence why he's taking the mick out of people like you with comments like that.

What makes you think I am posting here with the intention that Eddie is going to read this?

I have never spoken about Hearn's wealth except to say he uses his wealth and being flash as a marketing tool.

I certainly wouldn't be driving around in a chessy Bentley or dressing up in the latest metro-sexual garb like Eddie does. I'm not as jealous as your little mind might imagine.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 04 Jul 2014, 12:53 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

He's got serious issues, not sure why anyone would care how he's made his money or why, he's a boxing promoter who doesn't impact on our lives really, I think a nobody is jealous of a somebody.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 04 Jul 2014, 12:58 pm

Strongback wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:I think you'll find he probably doesn't care what some upstart on a forum thinks, hence why he's taking the mick out of people like you with comments like that.

What makes you think I am posting here with the intention that Eddie is going to read this?

I have never spoken about Hearn's wealth except to say he uses his wealth and being flash as a marketing tool.

I certainly wouldn't be driving around in a chessy Bentley or dressing up in the latest metro-sexual garb like Eddie does. I'm not as jealous as your little mind might imagine.

Therefore you have spoken about Hearns wealth. And you definately 100 percent don't sound jealous at all, I'm sure we're all in agreement that your not jealous, nor are you envious and you just love the Hearns to bits  Whistle 

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 04 Jul 2014, 1:00 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

How long did it take you to "break out of" Lennox Lewis?

Hearn is right up their with Don King and Bob Arum when it comes to ruthlessness. At least Don King put on some good fights. If Eddie was a promoter from another European country then people around here would be a lot more suspicious about his tactics.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 04 Jul 2014, 1:04 pm

Or as is evident nobody would care.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Jul 2014, 1:05 pm

Strongback wrote:

So you do admit to being jealous then? Atta boy, the first step is always hard. Now all we have to do is wait for you to finally admit you fancy Eddie?

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 04 Jul 2014, 1:06 pm

Yes that tactic of putting on an 80k show at Wembley was horrendous. As for getting his fighters title shots tut tut tut, shame on him. How dare Brian Rose think he should fight for a title (slaps him down) get back at British level where you belong.

Oh Hi sky tv, what you were ready to give up on boxing until Eddie sold you a vision that so far is paying off. My god Eddie what did you do, you kept a sport I love on TV, shame on you and I hope your proud of yourself

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Jul 2014, 1:09 pm

Derbymanc wrote:Yes that tactic of putting on an 80k show at Wembley was horrendous. As for getting his fighters title shots tut tut tut, shame on him. How dare Brian Rose think he should fight for a title (slaps him down) get back at British level where you belong.

Oh Hi sky tv, what you were ready to give up on boxing until Eddie sold you a vision that so far is paying off. My god Eddie what did you do, you kept a sport I love on TV, shame on you and I hope your proud of yourself
And all that whilst being so devilishly handsome to boot!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 04 Jul 2014, 1:13 pm

Derbymanc wrote:
Strongback wrote:

Therefore you have spoken about Hearns wealth. And you definately 100 percent don't sound jealous at all, I'm sure we're all in agreement that your not jealous, nor are you envious and you just love the Hearns to bits  Whistle 

laughing 

Wink  Run  Chef  warning  Chisora v Fury -  Going for a Chisora upset !! - Page 2 3559488474  chin  mo1  Chisora v Fury -  Going for a Chisora upset !! - Page 2 4278589029 

Seeing as you like smilies I threw a few in for you.

All I have spoken about is about how Hearn operates as a promoter.  I have never discussed his private life.  I read Barry Hearn is worth 30 Million pounds.  I have friends who are worth many many multiples of that.  Am I jealous of them? no because most of them have silver spoon syndrome and have a gnawing feeling that they aren't good enough or haven't earned there wealth themselves.

If you asked me if I was jealous of Picasso or Einstein then I would admit yes.  Take some geezer from the East End done good that makes his living literally off the back of other mens toil, sweat and blood..............well that guy doesn't get singled out for admiration by me.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 04 Jul 2014, 1:18 pm

Sniff sniff.......can smell the bitterness from here....!!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Jul 2014, 1:21 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Sniff sniff.......can smell the bitterness from here....!!
I'm struggling to detect it over STRONGY'S burning sense of injustice that someone who's clearly not as smart as him is doing better than him, is more popular and successful AND probably plays "Nothing Else Matters" on the guitar better than him whilst recognizing that the "Black" album was actually corporate sell-out bull**** and not the musical masterpiece STRONGY thinks it is

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 04 Jul 2014, 1:23 pm

Strongback wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:
Strongback wrote:

laughing 

Wink  Run  Chef  warning  Chisora v Fury -  Going for a Chisora upset !! - Page 2 3559488474  chin  mo1  Chisora v Fury -  Going for a Chisora upset !! - Page 2 4278589029 

All I have spoken about is about how Hearn operates as a promoter.  I have never discussed his private life.  I read Barry Hearn is worth 30 Million pounds.  I have friends who are worth many many multiples of that.  Am I jealous of them? no because most of them have silver spoon syndrome and have a gnawing feeling that they aren't good enough or haven't earned there wealth themselves.

If you asked me if I was jealous of Picasso or Einstein then I would admit yes.  Take some geezer from the East End done good that makes his living literally off the back of other mens toil, sweat and blood..............well that guy doesn't get singled out for admiration by me.

The last vestige of a man teetering on the edge. 'I have friends that are ....................' Used to justify all manner of petty thinking.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Jul 2014, 1:28 pm

Derbymanc wrote:
Strongback wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:
Strongback wrote:

laughing 

The last vestige of a man teetering on the edge. 'I have friends that are ....................' Used to justify all manner of petty thinking.

I found it amusing that he'd tried to convince us that he has friends.

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Fri 04 Jul 2014, 1:30 pm

He knows the swingers and their cavalry
Says he can get in anywhere for free
I began to go a little cross eyed
And from this charmless man I just had to hide

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Fri 04 Jul 2014, 1:31 pm

Well, I liked the black album.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 04 Jul 2014, 1:38 pm

Derbymanc wrote:Yes that tactic of putting on an 80k show at Wembley was horrendous. As for getting his fighters title shots tut tut tut, shame on him. How dare Brian Rose think he should fight for a title (slaps him down) get back at British level where you belong.

Boxing was on TV just before Eddie arrived, both on terrestrial and Sky. Barry Hearn already sold programming to Sky and put forward a proposal for provide boxing. Sky had Warren, Frank Maloney and Hatton showing boxing in the period leading up o the Hearn's introduction. Haye had burned Sky with Audley and Wlad and they wanted no part of PPV. Barry saw a business opportunity and put Eddie in place as the figurehead. Few will forget Eddie storming the ring and jumping on Froch before the fight was officially over, this demonstrated how in depth Eddie's knowledge of boxing was.

Hearn has provided more shows for Sky than the previous promoters based on hoovering up the Olympians and many domestic fighters. Even with this here is still a feeling that Sky could take or leave boxing. In regard to this Eddie has said they will not be in British boxing if their deal with Sky ended. Many of Matchrooms domestic level cards have been poor and this may impact on whether Sky continue to go with boxing.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 04 Jul 2014, 1:41 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:
Strongback wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:
Strongback wrote:

laughing 

Dave you're the freak, a death metaler from Bolton with a secret ancestry.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Jul 2014, 1:41 pm

Dipper Brown wrote:Well, I liked the black album.
GIT.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 04 Jul 2014, 1:42 pm

Strongback wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:
Strongback wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:
Strongback wrote:

laughing 

Dave you're the freak,  a death metaler from Bolton with a secret ancestry.

You used to be rational Mate..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Jul 2014, 1:43 pm

Strongback wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:
Strongback wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:
Strongback wrote:

laughing 

Dave you're the freak,  a death metaler from Bolton with a secret ancestry.
You noob...it's DEATH METALLER from Bradford who has made no secret of his Jamaican ancestry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 04 Jul 2014, 1:49 pm

aja424 wrote:He knows the swingers and their cavalry

Should I apologize for being friends with rich people? none of whom I initially met in a nightclub or somewhere similar. My old man isn't short of a bob either should I disown him too? Before anyone asks my father told me to row my own boat when I was 18, best lesson I was ever given, I'll inherit a few quid all the same.

I even have a first cousin who was a minister in the British government.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 04 Jul 2014, 1:52 pm

Strongback wrote:

Should I apologize for being friends with rich people?  none of whom I initially met in a nightclub or somewhere similar.  My old man isn't short of a bob either should I disown him too?   Before anyone asks my father told me to row my own boat when I was 18, best lesson I was ever given, I'll inherit a few quid all the same.

Mate.....It's a forum where we discuss Boxing and generally take the p**s..

It's no big deal........Just calm down..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Jul 2014, 1:55 pm

Strongback wrote:

Should I apologize for being friends with rich people?  none of whom I initially met in a nightclub or somewhere similar.  My old man isn't short of a bob either should I disown him too?   Before anyone asks my father told me to row my own boat when I was 18, best lesson I was ever given, I'll inherit a few quid all the same.

Shame you didn't take his advice and row into the middle of the Atlantic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 04 Jul 2014, 1:56 pm

laughing 

Again Strongy shock horror oh my god. Boxing promoter is out to make money, why is this not front page news on every paper and news site in the world as it's just not the way it's done.

The fact that most of our up and coming boxers are signing with Matchroom tells you he's doing something right. The fact he can fill Wembley with 80k supporters and sell it as ppv after the last few debacles with a fighter that couldn't get on tv shows you he's doing something else right.

Your damn right if he can't make money from boxing he'll leave. He's a businessman first and a fan second. That tends to be how business is done.

Oh and Final note, if a boxer could promote himself better etc etc he would do, Eddie's there to do a job for them and he does a fine one, a lot better than the other british promotors are at the moment.

(Although we need Frank as he gets us the foreign fights on Boxnation, he just needs to start letting BFBS show more of them.)

Note; You shouldn't apologise for your friends or your upbringing, just don't use it as an excuse to justify your irrational hatred/jealosy/envy of a man that's more successful than you probably ever will be.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 04 Jul 2014, 1:57 pm

I'd apologise for my friends...If I had any..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Jul 2014, 2:08 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I'd apologise for my friends...If I had any..
Same here...only I'd have to...anyone I associated with would have to be barely literate to make me look like the intelligent one.

Only need my wife to let me out unsupervised in public now...but once bitten and all that (as Luis Suarez's mum used to say)

Back to top Go down

Post by jbeadlesbigrighthand Fri 04 Jul 2014, 2:35 pm

Strongback wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:That'll be a yes then....... Laugh

My integrity is intact unlike some and when I look around I can see what I have achieved. Knowing I did it myself is a great feeling.

Eddie feels the weight of people's judgement of his silver spoon upbringing a lot more than I dislike the way he has made sport all about him and his company.

What could Eddie Hearn possibly do to change his upbringing? Are you suggesting that he should have ensured he had nothing to do with his father's business, simply to avoid the possibility that people he'll never meet might judge him for it? Or are you suggesting that as a young kid he should have had a chat with his dad to let him know that while he was very grateful for his father's support, actually, he'd rather not accrue any advantages from his dad's wealth, because he really wants to be his own man.

As much as I think it's more admirable to carve one's own way in life, and as much as I dislike people who have inherited wealth and crow as though they made it themselves, yet still, why should someone turn their back from good fortune? If you won the lottery tomorrow, would you refuse to accept the money because you haven't earned it?

jbeadlesbigrighthand

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 04 Jul 2014, 2:38 pm

Despite being his cash cow and Froch has earned more money for Hearn than everyone in world boxing baring the elite at GBP and Top Rank they clearly have a close friendship too. They rely on each other, one without the other and they earn a pittance in comparison.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 04 Jul 2014, 4:53 pm

Derbymanc wrote:
Strongback wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:
Strongback wrote:

laughing 

Your only argument is that I am jealous of wealthy people. Sh!t argument when its broken down for what it is.

You're not too bright Derbymanc, you seem to be confused about where you come from or possibly you are a Man Utd fan, neither is a great predicament to be in.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 04 Jul 2014, 4:56 pm

So not only are you racist you look down on people from the north too, good to know.

Ask anyone else on here, i'm not the only one that thinks your a jealous/envious little git with a napolean (*spelling) complex.

If you've got a mate that's worth millions it's one of them 419 ers that's been emailing you.

(For info I'm a Derby fan from manchester, i'd rather be confused about my footy team than have to lie about a background)

Last edited by Derbymanc on Fri 04 Jul 2014, 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling again)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 04 Jul 2014, 5:14 pm

I have never lied about my background, I come from a family that have been successful in the world of culture and politics.  This is the reason I have met wealthy people and also through my job where I work as a consultant.

I can assure you there are people I look up to and wish I had their talent but people like Barry Hearn or Frank Warren or Harry Rednapp or Barry Fry are types I have no interest in being like in any way shape or form.  These guys are of similar character and grew up in the East End with a certain way of thinking and doing things.  My upbringing was a million miles from where these guys are coming from.  

Eddie comes from this tradition and is a spoofer, a classic barrow boy except Eddie has to forget his public school boy accent and add some Essex twang.

As for the racist comment I am just putting some perspective on Dave's racist comments about Ireland. He infers the Irish are thick, he must never have seen Blazing Saddles.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 04 Jul 2014, 5:18 pm

Your hate for Eddie is irrational Strongy and it puts you in a bad light whenever you mention it. You don't have to like the guy to respect what he's done but he's put boxing on the map in britain when it's been quietly fading from view for many years. By all accounts he treats his boxers well and gets the best for them regardless of talent.

Your obsession seems unhealthy, and seriously if it winds you up that much on how successful he is and how people can respect that then you really shouldn't comment on it because nobody sees you as partial and as I said above it takes away when your trying to have a proper debate/conversation.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 04 Jul 2014, 5:19 pm

I smell BS.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 04 Jul 2014, 5:21 pm

No seriously Hammer I'm a born and bred manc that supports Derby County, it's very strange I know but what can you do Wink

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 04 Jul 2014, 6:07 pm

Wow what a Friday.......

I've learn't that everyone on 606 has had a go with my Wife..........That everyone on 606 is a racist near as dammit.....and that Azumah Nelson wasn't a genuine Featherweight champion !!!

Who ever said you're never to old to learn was right on the money !!! thumbsup 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 04 Jul 2014, 6:16 pm

I haven't done your wife trussy. The ginger was was too strong with her.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 04 Jul 2014, 7:32 pm

It's friday fun day where you let your inhibitions go wild  Very Happy 

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Fri 04 Jul 2014, 8:43 pm

F$ck off derby

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Fri 04 Jul 2014, 8:43 pm

Smile

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 04 Jul 2014, 9:15 pm

laughing 3fingers knows the score  Wink 

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 09 Jul 2014, 11:38 am

Chisora will lose (again)

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jul 2014, 12:33 pm

Strongback wrote:I have never lied about my background, I come from a family that have been successful in the world of culture and politics.  This is the reason I have met wealthy people and also through my job where I work as a consultant.

I can assure you there are people I look up to and wish I had their talent but people like Barry Hearn or Frank Warren or Harry Rednapp or Barry Fry are types I have no interest in being like in any way shape or form.  These guys are of similar character and grew up in the East End with a certain way of thinking and doing things.  My upbringing was a million miles from where these guys are coming from.  

Eddie comes from this tradition and is a spoofer, a classic barrow boy except Eddie has to forget his public school boy accent and add some Essex twang.

As for the racist comment I am just putting some perspective on Dave's racist comments about Ireland.  He infers the Irish are thick, he must never have seen Blazing Saddles.
Missing the relevance here, sunshine. The black guy is the smartest person in the whole film and there's one comment about the Irish...made by a white guy and when the black guys object to it, he recants.

Seems you're the one who's never seen Blazing Saddles...mind you, there's a whole bunch of sh!t you seem to know f**k all about but it hasn't stopped you chipping in, has it? Think your job title of CONSULTANT has a few too many letters in it, fella

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Wed 09 Jul 2014, 12:49 pm

Strongback wrote:

He knows the swingers and their cavalry

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 09 Jul 2014, 12:53 pm

There is nothing wrong with being loaded. I hope to be loaded myself one day and mix with the rich people of society before coming home drunk to a nice apartment

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Wed 09 Jul 2014, 12:57 pm

Same here mate. But even then I will continue to holiday in good ol Porthcawl.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next