The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uncle Toni doesn't like Kyrgios's style

+15
bogbrush
summerblues
ChequeredJersey
Josiah Maiestas
Jahu
Haddie-nuff
laverfan
naxroy
FedsFan
DirectView2
sirfredperry
AFCWomble42
kingraf
HM Murdock
reckoner
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Uncle Toni doesn't like Kyrgios's style - Page 3 Empty Uncle Toni doesn't like Kyrgios's style

Post by reckoner Thu 03 Jul 2014, 1:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Uncle Toni being graceful as usual.

http://news.tennistonic.com/tennis-news/?nid=4533&/Toni-Nadal-criticizes-Kyrgios-style!

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Uncle Toni doesn't like Kyrgios's style - Page 3 Empty Re: Uncle Toni doesn't like Kyrgios's style

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat 05 Jul 2014, 1:51 pm

drumroll Awwwwwwwwww... spoken like a true  fan..... Rolling Eyes rose heart clap 

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Uncle Toni doesn't like Kyrgios's style - Page 3 Empty Re: Uncle Toni doesn't like Kyrgios's style

Post by reckoner Sat 05 Jul 2014, 2:30 pm

It's deluded to consider Nadal's on court behaviour as anything but despicable gamesmanship and no amount of emoticons will hide that.

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat 05 Jul 2014, 2:46 pm

reckoner wrote:It's deluded to consider Nadal's on court behaviour as anything but despicable gamesmanship and no amount of emoticons will hide that.

Last edited by Haddie-nuff on Sat 05 Jul 2014, 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : duplicated)

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat 05 Jul 2014, 2:48 pm

reckoner wrote:It's deluded to consider Nadal's on court behaviour as anything but despicable gamesmanship and no amount of emoticons will hide that.

Your opinion?? interesting chin we are all entitled to our own EMOTICONS (whatever they are) this is 606v2 after all

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sat 05 Jul 2014, 2:49 pm

Google is your friend, technologically challenged one.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=emoticon

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sat 05 Jul 2014, 2:54 pm

Blech can't stand people that edit their posts after the fact to appear more "witty" in retrospect.

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat 05 Jul 2014, 3:32 pm

reckoner wrote:Blech can't stand people that edit their posts after the fact to appear more "witty" in retrospect.

If you must know, though why Im bothering to explain to you I cannot imagine seeing as you are hell bent on being both provocative and argumetative, I posted once and it didn't send so I did it again    READ REASON FOR EDITING  it says duplicated Doh censored

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat 05 Jul 2014, 6:42 pm

Absolute statements about clearly subjective content is usually misled, reckoner... What you say is clearly untrue but it's your opinion and one you can hold as strongly as you like. But it's not deluded to disagree with you and that's essentially an ad hom
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sat 05 Jul 2014, 6:49 pm

Haddie-nuff wrote:
reckoner wrote:Blech can't stand people that edit their posts after the fact to appear more "witty" in retrospect.

If you must know, though why Im bothering to explain to you I cannot imagine seeing as you are hell bent on being both provocative and argumetative, I posted once and it didn't send so I did it again    READ REASON FOR EDITING  it says duplicated Doh censored

I read your first post - it was different to the second and not a duplicate.  Doh censored 

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sat 05 Jul 2014, 6:50 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:Absolute statements about clearly subjective content is usually misled, reckoner... What you say is clearly untrue but it's your opinion and one you can hold as strongly as you like. But it's not deluded to disagree with you and that's essentially an ad hom

Please demonstrate how it is clearly untrue, should be straightforward?

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sat 05 Jul 2014, 6:53 pm

So this Toni guy, is quite annoying it seems. And Nadal fans defend him.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat 05 Jul 2014, 6:59 pm

reckoner wrote:
ChequeredJersey wrote:Absolute statements about clearly subjective content is usually misled, reckoner... What you say is clearly untrue but it's your opinion and one you can hold as strongly as you like. But it's not deluded to disagree with you and that's essentially an ad hom

Is this an attempt to build an accounting of +/- for each player and see where they are in the Sainthood list, correct?

And this attempt will help put player X on a pedestal, perhaps? chin

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat 05 Jul 2014, 7:03 pm

A) as the person making an accusation with no evidence provided, actually the onus of proof is on you.

B) anyway- there are many other reasons you can interpret Nadal's slowness between points. This may or may not be less believable, but include his possible though denied OCD, a lack of realisation of how long he is taking whilst focused on playing without someone telling him and no objective way for him to know how long he is taking, playing within exactly the same accepted boundaries as everyone else. And then to take this one area where I will accept Nadal regularly breaks the rules and extend it into a general accusation of "despicable gamesmanship" is IMO not a valid extension, plus despicable inherently makes the content described completely subjective to your opinion, thus immediately and unavoidably making your generalisation and attempt to bully the opinion of the reader inherently false. It is also a direct ad hominem to those differing from your opinion and specifically by context Haddie, and my personal approach is to take ad homs as a concession of the argument by those making them. It means the argument being made cannot stand on its own feet without the need to resort to cheap rhetoric.

C) yes, Toni is annoying and sometimes acts in a way that annoys many Rafa fans. I personally think that whilst a good coach his association with Rafa taints Rafa but that is just my opinion and others certainly wouldn't be deluded for disagreeing with me
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat 05 Jul 2014, 7:05 pm

Ah, I see C) was actually supposed to be in response and agreement with Jahu and thus shouldn't be in that reply. Sorry. The mobile version of this site is very annoying
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sat 05 Jul 2014, 7:12 pm

Yes, especially the "Watch this topic for replies" right below the page number, that I hit 50 times a day.

Who watches topics for replies?, got to be a pretty sad person, unless you are a Mod and need to watch them for discipline?
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sun 06 Jul 2014, 2:34 am

laverfan wrote:
reckoner wrote:

Is this an attempt to build an accounting of +/- for each player and see where they are in the Sainthood list, correct?

And this attempt will help put player X on a pedestal, perhaps? chin

Nope, just a statement of my dislike for the hogwash spouted to defend persistent rule-breaking and gamesmanship.

What on earth is a sainthood list?!

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sun 06 Jul 2014, 2:37 am

CJ, please. He breaks the rules and plays dirty. Shoulder barges, MTOs, magically healing injuries etc, turn a blind eye to it if you must but don't expect people to pretend to be oblivious or to like it.

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun 06 Jul 2014, 4:36 am

reckoner wrote:What on earth is a sainthood list?!

I was just kidding. Fans of players sometimes turn a blind eye or raise eyebrows, purely based on the player under discussion.

Serena's behavior was bad v Clijsters at USO, as was Hingis at RG v Graf.

BTW, the Sainthood List is a list of persons, who have never sinned in their life.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun 06 Jul 2014, 6:09 am

Can we F this Uncle Toni and his likes and dislikes, we have a great final in hands, pls close this thread and lets all focus, comment critic and compliment to the left out warriors.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3