The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wimbledon Day 11 - Men's Semi Finals

+17
naxroy
CaledonianCraig
Gerry SA
banbrotam
invisiblecoolers
The Special Juan
kingraf
FedsFan
sirfredperry
Jahu
bogbrush
Silver
summerblues
reckoner
88Chris05
AFCWomble42
HM Murdock
21 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Wimbledon Day 11 - Men's Semi Finals - Page 2 Empty Wimbledon Day 11 - Men's Semi Finals

Post by Guest Fri 4 Jul - 17:36

First topic message reminder :

Well folks here it is. We are down to the nitty gritty. Is it a time for new hero's? Or will the old guard starve off the new breed?

Djokovic in his 5th Wimbledon semi final. Federer in his 8th.

Dimitrov and Raonic in their first Slam semi finals respectively.

If we go by the H2H we should expect another Federer and Djokovic final. However, it's a Slam and anything can happen.

I actually have the day off, so take that work! Can't wait for some stonking tennis action!

Last edited by legendkillarV2 on Fri 4 Jul - 17:42; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 11 - Men's Semi Finals - Page 2 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 11 - Men's Semi Finals

Post by summerblues Fri 4 Jul - 22:10

Good luck, Grisha!

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 11 - Men's Semi Finals - Page 2 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 11 - Men's Semi Finals

Post by kingraf Fri 4 Jul - 22:14

Let's go Dimi let's go! If he's return game was anything to write home about, I'd fancy him to win today.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Fri 4 Jul - 22:16

bogbrush wrote:
reckoner wrote:
I told my better half "she's quite fit, isn't she?" and she agreed. Or at least didn't disagree.
Ah, the bravery of youth!

Interesting if your better half were to enthusiastically agree. I vote we stop the tennis and consider that idea.

I have no wish to distract from the tennis so all I'll say is the subject has come up, though sadly the lovely Bouchard wasn't around when it did.  angel 

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Fri 4 Jul - 22:17

Back to the tennis - come on either Dimi or Djoker!

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Fri 4 Jul - 22:24

Ouch, that was bad.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Fri 4 Jul - 22:26

Broken to love? Oh dear...

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 4 Jul - 22:27

I think Dimitrov is in for a world of hurt here. Djokovic will not let him get away with anything this time as opposed to Murray who let him get away with everything. I think there are still frailties with Dimitrov's mindset and if Djokovic really gets going it could turn ugly. The other semi should see Federer ease it if he doesn't do anything silly on his own service games. All in all, I predict a pretty ordinary day of tennis.

It's funny, they don't feel like Wimbledon semis today.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Fri 4 Jul - 22:34

There's still time for it to become a good contest. Grigor needs to step up!

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 4 Jul - 22:38

Nothing working for Dimitrov on the return.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 4 Jul - 22:41

Dimi has won 29% of first serve returns all year. If Djokovic has an alright serving day, Dimi's best chance is in the lottery of a tie break
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Fri 4 Jul - 22:42

29%?! Yeah tie-break is the thing to aim for. Murray must be kicking himself.

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 4 Jul - 22:45

Yay Dimi wins his first point on the Djokovic 2nd serve!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 4 Jul - 22:49

How good is Djokovic? Despite me saying for the past 2 weeks he has no chance of winning, he might just do now!!
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 4 Jul - 22:50

134mph serve returned with purchase!! Unbelievable

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 4 Jul - 22:51

Dear oh dear.

This is going to be quick!

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Fri 4 Jul - 22:53

Dimitrov is such a waste of talent.  Sorry 

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Fri 4 Jul - 22:53

This could be a quick match at this rate.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 4 Jul - 22:53

Djokovic doing his best sponge impression - soaking up every inch of pressure then giving it back. But I'm not sitting with a Serbian flag shouting "Crush him, crush him!!" Not at all...
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Fri 4 Jul - 22:54

What, did Djoker break again?

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Fri 4 Jul - 22:55

reckoner wrote:There's still time for it to become a good contest. Grigor needs to step up!

This is his maximum level, he can step down but not step up.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 4 Jul - 22:55

He has.

Dimitrov just looks out of his depth.

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Fri 4 Jul - 22:57

Ah OK, well sound slike his goose is well and truly cooked. They've been playing what 45 mins? Oh dear...

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 4 Jul - 22:58

Novak with some sloppy shots!

Dimi with his first BP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 4 Jul - 23:00

Dimitrov just not handling the Djokovic length.

He isn't playing a smart game.

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Fri 4 Jul - 23:03

Proof that winning Grand Slams is not a STD.

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Fri 4 Jul - 23:05

It is gusty out there apparently - let's hope it stays that way to give Fed an advantage.

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 4 Jul - 23:06

Dimitrov fights off a BP.

Djokovic you feel has another level in him.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 4 Jul - 23:07

reckoner wrote:It is gusty out there apparently - let's hope it stays that way to give Fed an advantage.

Thought Fed hated the wind?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 4 Jul - 23:08

Dimitrov using the BH slice and getting some reward. 2 BPs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 4 Jul - 23:10

And he breaks at the second asking.

It is a junk fest out there!

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Fri 4 Jul - 23:11

The Special Juan wrote:
reckoner wrote:It is gusty out there apparently - let's hope it stays that way to give Fed an advantage.

On the basis that his experience would allow him to adapt better than Raonic, but maybe you're right. Academic as from the way Nole is playing it sounds like he'd lose to Djokovic in any case...

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 4 Jul - 23:14

Dimitrov now leads 4-3 in the second.

Wonder if a Djokovic will drop his level.

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Fri 4 Jul - 23:14

The Special Juan wrote:

No, Fed is an excellent wind player.  People often assume that wind would hurt him but in general he does very well in windy conditions.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Fri 4 Jul - 23:15

legendkillarV2 wrote:And he breaks at the second asking.

It is a junk fest out there!

I thought you meant Djokovic broke again ^^

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Fri 4 Jul - 23:17

summerblues wrote:
The Special Juan wrote:

No, Fed is an excellent wind player.  People often assume that wind would hurt him but in general he does very well in windy conditions.

He's just very versatile - remember the blue clay where everyone else was slipping around like Bambi and Fed went on to win?

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 4 Jul - 23:18

Dimitrov playing his way back into this match. 2 more BP's.

Bet somewhere HM is silently cursing.

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Fri 4 Jul - 23:18

Yes!

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Fri 4 Jul - 23:20

Come on! I was hoping for a contest, sounds like he's shaking off the nerves.

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 4 Jul - 23:21

Dimitrov takes the second.

Djokovic is looking vulnerable.

Nows the time to strike Dimi.

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Fri 4 Jul - 23:22

legendkillarV2 wrote:Dimitrov takes the second.

Djokovic is looking vulnerable.

Nows the time to strike Dimi.

+1

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Fri 4 Jul - 23:22

Game on. Go Grigor! Very impressive how he managed to turn things around.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Fri 4 Jul - 23:23

Djokovic is prone to these second set lapses though so he might well come back stronger.

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Fri 4 Jul - 23:24

Amazing who easily a player can be written off in a match. Novak did little in the first set except serve well and cope with the wind better

Dimi's slice and dice is immense and it's affecting Novak as much as it did Andy

Nole's mentally tougher so he should come back - but it's great to at last see a top new player with some variety

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 4 Jul - 23:25

Murdoch doesn't get surprised by Djokovic having points for 4-1 losing a set 3-6 anymore.

Congrats on KR Jr., Murdoch Wink
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Fri 4 Jul - 23:26

I really wish I wasn't stuck at work.

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Fri 4 Jul - 23:27

legendkillarV2 wrote:Bet somewhere HM is silently cursing.
HM has been saying for months that he thinks Djokovic's slam-winning days are probably over, so is fully expectant of a defeat either today or Sunday!

Sadly I'm at work at the moment and can only check in on the scores occasionally.

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Fri 4 Jul - 23:27

Laugh 

kingraf wrote:Murdoch doesn't get surprised by Djokovic having points for 4-1 losing a set 3-6 anymore.

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 4 Jul - 23:28

HM Murdoch wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:Bet somewhere HM is silently cursing.
HM has been saying for months that he thinks Djokovic's slam-winning days are probably over, so is fully expectant of a defeat either today or Sunday!

Sadly I'm at work at the moment and can only check in on the scores occasionally.

He was in total control of that second set and the momentum just suddenly reversed itself.

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Fri 4 Jul - 23:29

kingraf wrote:Murdoch doesn't get surprised by Djokovic having points for 4-1 losing a set 3-6 anymore.

Thanks, KR.

You are quite right. I now find a Novak match that doesn't feature him falling into a hole from a strong position quite a discombobulating experience. I wonder who I'm watching!

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Fri 4 Jul - 23:29

I'd laugh, but I'm a Murray fan and so cannot be possibly laughing at the pain of other fans. And at least Nole's reaching SF's and F's  picard 

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next