The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

V2 Rugby Twitter feed

5 posters

Go down

V2 Rugby Twitter feed Empty V2 Rugby Twitter feed

Post by RDW Fri 4 Jul - 12:56

Folks,

I have recently gained access to the V2 Rugby Twitter feed, and the firs thing I noticed was how it has been neglected for so long.

I am looking for suggestions as to what it can be used for. There are so many Rugby feeds out there that I don't see the point in just tweeting the same big news stories that everyone else does, but then I'm not sure what kind of things we can tweet about.

Ideas welcome!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

V2 Rugby Twitter feed Empty Re: V2 Rugby Twitter feed

Post by RDW Tue 8 Jul - 16:06

Thinking of Tweeting the results of the V2 forum Scottish rugby awards, making sure I @ the players and teams. Hopefully get a bit of exposure for the site.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Wed 9 Jul - 2:03

If you see a decent comment, why not quote it in a tweet and post a link to the thread?

It might encourage someone new to reply.

Most comments will probably be too long for 140 characters but you can get around that by capturing the comment as an image and posting that instead. That way, there'll easily be enough room for the link as well.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 9 Jul - 8:51

That's a good idea.

The problem might be finding a decent comment worthy of posting!  Very Happy 

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 9 Jul - 15:14

Tweet Penfro's rugby fixtures. Its probably the most comprehensive and reliable list of fixtures, times and channels games shown on around.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Fri 11 Jul - 13:23

Awh, Germs Hug
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 11 Jul - 13:52

There are some good, but obscure rugby blogs out there. You could set up a twitter feed to automatically post a link to any new posts. This wouldn't compete with all the other twitter accounts that post links to the same sites.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 11 Jul - 14:00

You got some examples?

If this a discussion section to the blog we can't really post it.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Fri 11 Jul - 14:11

I suppose you can treat the Twitter feed two ways: as a representative feed for the forum or as a feed for this forum's representative (that's you RDW). or some combination of the two.

The first stance would use the feed to give a regular window on the forum, tweeting about what topics had got people here talking and what we were saying.

The second stance would give the feed a more personal character, allowing you to touch on topics and views which hadn't made it to the forum.

I think if you want to take the idea seriously, then this isn't a bad time because the World Cup will bring people from all parts of the rugby world together.

You could use the World Cup as a running theme, looking to tweet news and views which specifically touch on the tournament.

One of the first exercises ought to be to follow as many relevant rugby feeds as possible. That will improve the information flow but also might get some to follow you back.

Specifically, I'd look out for official feeds, players, former players, coaching staff, match officials and journalists since these feeds will often have news. On top of that, there are feeds from regular folk which are frequently more informative, and usually more opinionated.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down