The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dillashaw vs Barao rematch planned for UFC 177

4 posters

Go down

Dillashaw vs Barao rematch planned for UFC 177 Empty Dillashaw vs Barao rematch planned for UFC 177

Post by Guest Fri 04 Jul 2014, 7:59 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/7/2/5866335/t-j-dillashaw-vs-renan-barao-rematch-planned-for-ufc-177-in-sacramento

Just come across this, what does everybody think? After the dominant performance from Dillashaw last time I find it hard to justify this rematch, is the division that weak that there are no other suitable opponents? Now on the flipside, & I'm only playing devils advocate here, was it an off night for Barao? Had he not been caught, but he was & that's the fight game, with that punch in the first or recovered from it, which i don't think he did but no excuses, would we possibly have seen a different fight?

Back to top Go down

Dillashaw vs Barao rematch planned for UFC 177 Empty Re: Dillashaw vs Barao rematch planned for UFC 177

Post by Rinsure Mon 07 Jul 2014, 2:46 pm

Yeah, not sure about the culture of immediate rematches. It's not like TJ's victory was perceived as "lucky" in the same way that many people (not me) thought Weidman's first win over Silva was. TJ demolished Barao.

Barao should have to work his way back up to a title fight.

Rinsure

Back to top Go down

Dillashaw vs Barao rematch planned for UFC 177 Empty Re: Dillashaw vs Barao rematch planned for UFC 177

Post by Guest Mon 07 Jul 2014, 9:48 pm

[quote="Rinsure"]Yeah, not sure about the culture of immediate rematches. It's not like TJ's victory was perceived as "lucky" in the same way that many people (not me) thought Weidman's first win over Silva was. TJ demolished Barao.

Barao should have to work his way back up to a title fight. [/quote]

Definitely although there is the possibility that he'll outgrow the weight if he had to win a couple of fights first. Apparently he has been tight at the weight for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 25 Jul 2014, 10:09 am

Wouldnt be surprised if Barao got the win in this rematch. He was well and truely ambushed by TJ in the last fight. Surely he will be better prepared this time around?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 25 Jul 2014, 10:19 am

The rematch would have been written into his contract.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 25 Jul 2014, 10:23 am

[quote="Rinsure"]Yeah, not sure about the culture of immediate rematches. It's not like TJ's victory was perceived as "lucky" in the same way that many people (not me) thought Weidman's first win over Silva was. TJ demolished Barao.

Barao should have to work his way back up to a title fight. [/quote]

Agreed.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Jul 2014, 11:14 am

Pr4wn wrote:The rematch would have been written into his contract.

As far as I know from what I've read it wasn't. Apparently that's not something Dana does or the UFC adhere to although I'm sure it does happen. From what I have read Barao's camp felt that they were rushed/pressured into this fight to soon after his last defence & didn't have, in there opinion, enough time to rest & prepare properly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down