The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

v2 Wrestling Podcast 15th July: Jeff Hardy, Battleground and the never-ending Sandow debate

+3
Prometheus
Dolphin Ziggler
crippledtart
7 posters

Go down

v2 Wrestling Podcast 15th July: Jeff Hardy, Battleground and the never-ending Sandow debate Empty v2 Wrestling Podcast 15th July: Jeff Hardy, Battleground and the never-ending Sandow debate

Post by crippledtart Wed 16 Jul 2014 - 19:51

This week, the whole gang is back together to talk about the latest wrestling news.

Firstly, Adam offers his weekly run-down of TNA Impact, and everybody else offers their weekly ridicule of the show. This leads us to a debate about Jeff Hardy's value to the promotion, and where he should feature on the card.

We then move on to the coming weekend's WWE Battleground, and give our predictions for the card, but not before Adam's obsession with Damien Sandow rears its head once more. WWE's predilection for product placement is also addressed.

Listen at http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2014-07-16T10_34_26-07_00

You can follow us on twitter @v2wrestlingshow and we hope to hear your answers to our questions of the week!

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

v2 Wrestling Podcast 15th July: Jeff Hardy, Battleground and the never-ending Sandow debate Empty Re: v2 Wrestling Podcast 15th July: Jeff Hardy, Battleground and the never-ending Sandow debate

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 16 Jul 2014 - 23:30

Adam's talked about Sandow so much that I hope they Tatsu him

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

v2 Wrestling Podcast 15th July: Jeff Hardy, Battleground and the never-ending Sandow debate Empty Re: v2 Wrestling Podcast 15th July: Jeff Hardy, Battleground and the never-ending Sandow debate

Post by Prometheus Thu 17 Jul 2014 - 9:40

Of course the podcast is interesting from start to end. But two parts stood out for me.

1) That Kurt Angle was not a draw in WWE. I always liked him because he was a great in-ring performer, I guess I'd never thought about whether he sold PPVs or not too.

2) The discussion of whether Bray Wyatt benefited, or not, from the Cena feud. I think the team ended up not blaming Cena. But rather the creative. And I think they are right too. I think sometimes WWE could benefit from taking stars off TV for a month or so after they finish a big feud, because it is only the very few who don't grow stale. And IMO WWE should have done that with Wyatt after he finished with Cena, as it would have suited his character. Sometimes it isn't contempt that is bred by familiarity, but a sense of meh, and while there's still more positives than negatives for Wyatt, he does risk overexposure.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 17 Jul 2014 - 10:17

Prometheus wrote:Of course the podcast is interesting from start to end.  But two parts stood out for me.

1) That Kurt Angle was not a draw in WWE.  I always liked him because he was a great in-ring performer, I guess I'd never thought about whether he sold PPVs or not too.

Its quite funny that the rest of the team [off air] accused me of being Promotheus (as in a second account!) and you have picked up on one of my pet hates - Gav talking about people not being a draw! (and rating Angle highly).

You've hit the nail on the head - to me, a great wrestler is not whether they drew but how good they were at wrestling, mic work and telling a story. Angle is near the top of the pile for all of these areas for me.

Drawing money is something that shouldn't be counted as a lot of outside factors could be considered - you could have had Stone Cold in TNA doing exactly the same story. But he wouldn't draw as the rest of the product, fan exposure etc aren't there. Doesn't make him any worse an ATG.

Economic influences, TV deals, creative, opponents, what the competition are doing, general interest in wresting, time of the year are all factors that can effect "drawing".

A wrestlers worth as an ATG should not be judged on how much money they made.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 17 Jul 2014 - 10:58

Might not have been a big draw, but in a list of top 10 of all time Angle would feature in most peoples. He was the perfect all round package of mic skills, in ring ability, story telling, and able to work the crowd.

He was a good face but he was a great heel. You loved to hate him, which is how all good heels should be.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 17 Jul 2014 - 11:02

He shouldn't and wouldn't feature in my top ten of all time

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 17 Jul 2014 - 11:21

He wouldn't be in mine either

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 17 Jul 2014 - 11:40

He would be in my top 1

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 17 Jul 2014 - 13:06

I'd love to see your top ten of all time.

Well not quite love, but it would amuse me for a short while.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down