The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+10
seanmichaels
Adam D
superflyweight
Rowley
JuliusHMarx
Pal Joey
rIck_dAgless
Union Cane
Mind the windows Tino.
kingraf
14 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 2 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by kingraf Tue 15 Jul 2014, 11:23 am

First topic message reminder :

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Insects, anyone?

Cooking tips?

Action netball?

I don't play action netball!!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 2 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 16 Jul 2014, 8:16 am

That's a rubbish poem Union

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 2 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 16 Jul 2014, 8:19 am

Morning all.

Great poem, Gayted.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 16 Jul 2014, 8:22 am

rick_dagless wrote:Here is a southern Haiku

Just to keep Raf's attention

"Down south is too expensive
buses are bendy
there is too much smog around"

Morning Jeff

It's the wrong way round
Seven syllables this line
Then five at the end

Morning rick.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 16 Jul 2014, 8:29 am

early morning poem
brain has not sparked up just yet
good morning Jules mate

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 16 Jul 2014, 8:49 am

rick_dagless wrote:That's a rubbish poem Union

Couldn't resist, sorry Slag.

"Casting dispersions" very nearly ended my boxing board retirement, it was a struggle to stay away from that one.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 16 Jul 2014, 8:52 am

No problem Union, it was tough enough using my fingers to count syllables (which I got the wrong way round anyhoo) let alone getting my grammar correct;

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 16 Jul 2014, 9:01 am

Union Cane wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:That's a rubbish poem Union

Couldn't resist, sorry Slag.

"Casting dispersions" very nearly ended my boxing board retirement, it was a struggle to stay away from that one.

Same here, particularly as it was Strongtwat who posted it.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 16 Jul 2014, 9:06 am

Union wrote:Couldn't resist, sorry Slag

Thought slag was a bit harsh though Union... Shocked 

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 16 Jul 2014, 9:09 am

rick_dagless wrote:
Union wrote:Couldn't resist, sorry Slag

Thought slag was a bit harsh though Union... Shocked 

I immortalised the Culture Cup Crew in appropriate anagram form yesterday...

Union Cane wrote:Some more anagrams :

SHINED WONTON DIMWIT
OLE WRY
SLAG DICKERS
A SEMEN CHISEL
JAM HURL XI US
FAG RINK
FREELY TUGS WHIP
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 16 Jul 2014, 9:13 am

Haha, some of them are pretty good.

I particularly like "SEMEN CHISEL"

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 16 Jul 2014, 10:07 am

Nowt like a Semen Chisel to michaels a thread, and coincidentally, sean could possibly own one of the said items also...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 16 Jul 2014, 10:20 am

Thanks for the haiku, Rick. Made for riveting reading.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 16 Jul 2014, 10:25 am

kingraf wrote:Thanks for the haiku, Rick. Made for riveting reading.

You missed a golden opportunity there kr.

Thanks for the haiku
Made for riveting reading
Now bog off Windows.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 16 Jul 2014, 10:26 am

Glad you got to the end mate...

How are you this fine day Raf?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 16 Jul 2014, 10:29 am

I'm very well Rick. Been struggling to sleep at night, but it's not affecting my energy levels, so that's good.
How are you Rick?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 16 Jul 2014, 10:31 am

ANOIN CUNE - so close

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 16 Jul 2014, 10:33 am

Fair to middling, enjoying the return of culture to the cup (top haikuing Jules) And it is relatively nice weather here so all good!

Seem to have most of the day tied up in meeting rooms today which is lame.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 16 Jul 2014, 10:40 am

Weather pretty decent in the republic. It's been cold for a week now, so today was a lovely surprise. Spent my morning prepping vignettes for the afternoon sports news, and editing the Diego Costa transfer. I'm not even the football reporter.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 16 Jul 2014, 10:44 am

Sounds like a pretty decent day at the office, do you ever see the way that the South Koreans do their animated vignettes on the news...

Some of them are quality.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 16 Jul 2014, 10:50 am

It is pretty decent, I've Always said if you ever compare my salary with my output, it would not look good. Can't say I have, but I'll give it a look, maybe change the face of vignettes in South Africa forever.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 16 Jul 2014, 10:51 am

You could be a trail blazer Raf, i'll try and dig out a link if I get a mo.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 16 Jul 2014, 10:56 am

kingraf wrote:Weather pretty decent in the republic. It's been cold for a week now, so today was a lovely surprise. Spent my morning prepping vignettes for the afternoon sports news, and editing the Diego Costa transfer. I'm not even the football reporter.  

I was supposed to be coming over to your beautiful country Raf, but then your miners went on strike for 5 months. Lazy, work shy gits.

I was looking forward to meeting you and playing a bit of action netball or duffing up the barman that broke your heart.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 16 Jul 2014, 11:02 am

rick_dagless wrote:You could be a trail blazer Raf, i'll try and dig out a link if I get a mo.

Here's one...

Spoiler:
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 16 Jul 2014, 11:43 am

Unlucky Tina, was it a working holiday? Feel for the miners... It's gonna take them four years to recover the lost wages.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 16 Jul 2014, 11:48 am

kingraf wrote:Unlucky Tina, was it a working holiday? Feel for the miners... It's gonna take them four years to recover the lost wages.

Yep.

It won't take the union leaders four years though. They have skimmed enough cash over the years not to have to worry.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 16 Jul 2014, 11:53 am

I just hope they don't try this again in a year. I've bought quite a few shares in some of these mines. My dad always told me there's money to be made in civil unrest.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 16 Jul 2014, 12:15 pm

kingraf wrote:I just hope they don't try this again in a year. I've bought quite a few shares in some of these mines. My dad always told me there's money to be made in civil unrest.

The big boys have signed an agreement for 3 years but it's backdated to when the trouble first started it will kick off well before 2017.

You've got 2 powerful unions now, so their turf war between each other is nearly as significant as the wage agreements themselves.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 16 Jul 2014, 12:23 pm

Boring.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 16 Jul 2014, 12:23 pm

Thanks Union, I shall try that out...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 16 Jul 2014, 12:26 pm

Suspect as much, if I'm honest, would be very unlike miners to go three years without demands. Can't really blame them, as they've been on pauper money, even as profits Have skyrocketed.

The Unions are a problem, a massive one. With the country's history, there's no way around them. Worst thing is these unions don't really care to acknowledge that quite a lot of these miners are on borrowed time, what with the automation of the mining industry. Last year, when the gold miners went on strike for better pay, 14 000 lost their jobs after negotiations.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 16 Jul 2014, 12:32 pm

Union Cane wrote:Boring.

Your anagrams are boring.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 16 Jul 2014, 12:39 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

Careful Tino, there's a powerful Union here as well.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 16 Jul 2014, 12:41 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

Careful Tino, there's a powerful Union here as well.

Very good.

He's threatened me before. He doesn't scare me.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 16 Jul 2014, 12:45 pm

Another wasted gem.

I meant boring as in drilling / mining, not boring as in boring. Although it was, quite.

My Korean Vinaigrette joke went to waste as well.

Don't know why I bother, I really don't.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 16 Jul 2014, 12:47 pm

Union Cane wrote:Another wasted gem.

I meant boring as in drilling / mining, not boring as in boring. Although it was, quite.

My Korean Vinaigrette joke went to waste as well.

Don't know why I bother, I really don't.

Nor do we.

What's for lunch today, Union?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 16 Jul 2014, 12:48 pm

Out of date tapas & salad sandwiches, various fruits and a tube of Pringles.

Can't wait.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 16 Jul 2014, 12:55 pm

I had a Vietnamese pork baguette, which differed from a normal pork baguette in no discernable way...

Nice though.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 16 Jul 2014, 12:58 pm

I had Korean last night. It was the dogs boll0x

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 16 Jul 2014, 1:11 pm

Adam D wrote:I had Korean last night. It was the dogs boll0x

Tumbleweed 

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 16 Jul 2014, 1:28 pm

Crikey I see the boxing board is as vituperative as ever...

I only popped on to see what good old Mr Mcrory was getting binned for.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 16 Jul 2014, 1:38 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Crikey I see the boxing board is as vituperative as ever...

I only popped on to see what good old Mr Mcrory was getting binned for.

He might not be the only one getting binned, boxing wise.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 16 Jul 2014, 1:43 pm

Jeff wrote:He might not be the only one getting binned, boxing wise.

Can't say I blame you dear chap...

I got annoyed about 3 posts in...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 16 Jul 2014, 1:47 pm

I had a whopper burger from Burger King, and an Extra large Pepsi... Disappointing doesn't begin to cover it.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 16 Jul 2014, 8:12 pm

Sh1t on here today.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 16 Jul 2014, 8:16 pm

Ace on here today.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 16 Jul 2014, 8:25 pm

I am with Galted. Obviously rubbish when I am not here .

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 16 Jul 2014, 8:29 pm

You'd be with Truss if it meant you could disagree with me.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 16 Jul 2014, 8:36 pm

It all went south when Geoff threw his toys about us mentioning food.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 16 Jul 2014, 8:52 pm

There is no need for that Tina. I felt we had been getting along rather well recently, tawdry attempts to make me discuss food aside.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 16 Jul 2014, 8:55 pm

Rowley wrote:There is no need for that Tina. I felt we had been getting along rather well recently, tawdry attempts to make me discuss food aside.

Great use of 'tawdry'. Don't see that often. I also made a mental note of your use of 'outlandish' the other day. Again, not a word you see too often.

Well done.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next