The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 7 Homepage 2

+7
LukeLovesLuka
SirJohnnyEnglish
Steven_Sharks
Ozzy3213
Fluxy
prop_lyd
Driver
11 posters

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

Season 7 Homepage 2 - Page 4 Empty Season 7 Homepage 2

Post by Driver Fri 18 Jul 2014, 1:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

Season 7 Homepage 2 - Page 4 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Breaking News: Saints continue to set the pace with win at defending champions while the Chiefs remain unbeaten after toppling the Tigers 

Season 7 Homepage 2 - Page 4 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154

2013/2014 – London Wasps
2012/2013 – Leicester Tigers 
2011/2012 – Newcastle Falcons 
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons 
2009/2010 – Saracens 
2008/2009 - London Irish

POSAviva PremiershipPLAYEDWONDREWLOSTP FP AP DT FT ATBPLBPPOINTS
1Season 7 Homepage 2 - Page 4 9Northampton Saints 2200644618842010
2Season 7 Homepage 2 - Page 4 12Sale Sharks  22005950974109
3Season 7 Homepage 2 - Page 4 48Exeter Chiefs    22005148354008
4Season 7 Homepage 2 - Page 4 7Harlequins  21105650665006
5Season 7 Homepage 2 - Page 4 4Leicester Tigers 21015048253015
6Season 7 Homepage 2 - Page 4 1Bath Rugby21015454056015
7Season 7 Homepage 2 - Page 4 8Newcastle Falcons 21014849-153015
8Season 7 Homepage 2 - Page 4 6London Wasps  21015054-456004
9Season 7 Homepage 2 - Page 4 5London Irish20115153-255013
10Season 7 Homepage 2 - Page 4 50London Welsh20024653-746022
11Season 7 Homepage 2 - Page 4 11Saracens20024657-1146022
12Season 7 Homepage 2 - Page 4 2Gloucester20024861-1347011

Welcome to Season 7 of the Aviva Premiership fantasy rugby game.  Below are the rules of the game which must be adhered to.  If there are any situations that arise in the course of the game which are not covered by the rules, a final decision will be made by the RFU (SJE) as to how the situation will be resolved.

Senior Squads wrote:
The maximum squad size is 40 senior players.  If a team has more than 40 players in their squad then they will be fined £1 million per player over the permitted amounts per day for the first seven days. If after 7 consecutive days a team still has more than the permitted number of players then the team will be fined £2 million per player per day, and fined 1 league point per player per day for the next seven days. If after this time a team still has more than the permitted number of players in their squad, the RFU (SJE) will remove players at its discretion to bring them back under the permitted numbers. There will be no right of appeal to players being removed.

Be aware that all tier one international matches which are played during the season will count in the game, and players selected in the match day 23's for those matches will not be eligible to play for their clubs on that weekend, therefore you must give due consideration to the make-up of your squad.
Academy Rules wrote:
Each team will be allowed to have an academy squad of 20 players.  Players who are in the academy must be born on or after 1st September 1992. 

Any player, who is at any Premiership club in real life, either in their senior, academy or AASE squads, can be bid for on the domestic bidding page. Players who are at your own club in real life and are coming through the academy system must be bid for if you want them in your own academy.
Transfers wrote:

• Domestic (other AP Teams)
    Each team has a budget to use in the purchase of players. Domestic transfers between AP clubs, regardless of nationality of player, should be negotiated between the respective managers, and then confirmed on the Domestic Transfer Confirmation Page.
  • Domestic (Championship and below)
    Each team may during the season purchase no more than 5 players from the Championship or the National Leagues. These players must be bid for on the National League Bidding page, and each bid will be considered by me on its own merits before being accepted or rejected.  No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.
  • Foreign
    To make a foreign transfer (i.e. from any club outside of the AP, regardless of whether the player is English) a bid should be made on the Foreign Transfers Page, which will be considered by me against the posted guidelines for purchase prices before being accepted or rejected. No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

There will be a summer foreign transfer window, which will run as follows.

Open Window

Open transfer window, teams have unlimited bids provided they have the financial resources to cover them.  Teams may only bid for one player at a time.

The window will open from the 9th of June but only to those sides that finish 8th and below at first. They will have a week to make one signing each before the window is open to all.     

Player Releases wrote: 
Managers may choose to release players from their clubs, for which they will be offered compensation

Compensation will be paid as follows

£2 million – current international (must have played international rugby in the previous 12 months)
£1.5 million – former international
£1m – top flight experience
£0.5m – other

All released players will be deemed to have joined a Championship side and can be bid for on the National League Bidding page.
Retirements wrote:
There will be no compensation for retiring players.  Should a player who retires decide to come out of retirement and play again, then he will automatically go back to the club who he was playing for in the game when he retired.
Fixtures wrote:
There will be 22 Aviva Premiership games per season, plus the play offs. There will also be European Rugby Champions Cup, European Rugby Challenge Cup and Anglo Welsh Cup matches.  These games will take place once a week. A match thread will be put up every Monday. Home teams must be named by midnight on Tuesday. Away teams must be named by midnight on Wednesday. Failure to meet these deadlines is punishable by the addition of three match points to the oppositions final score, unless both sides fail to do so. Both teams must provide tactics by midnight on Thursday. Predictions will be open from 00:01 hours on Friday and remain open until 15:00 hours on Sunday. Managers will post the scores that they think will happen from these games (apart from games in which they are involved).  An average of all predictions will be taken, and then 0.5 points added to each teams score for each prediction that had them as the winner, and that will then be the final score.

Managers are asked to provide detail as to why they have predicted a result.  To be considered a descriptive prediction this must be a full 3 lines long when entered into the text box. 
Teams wrote:
When naming your team, not only should you put the starting XV and replacements, but also tactics that your team will employ. Results will be affected by the tactics described.

In addition, each team must have the following:-

For domestic competition at least 8 England qualified players in your match day 23, and at least 4 of those must be in your starting XV.

For European competition at least 8 England qualified players in your match day 23, and at least 6 of those must be in your starting XV.

At least 2 props and 1 hooker on the bench.

All players must be eligible (not injured or banned).

Failure to comply with these rules will result in a 1 league point deduction.

If you fail to submit a team for a match, then the other team will be automatically awarded a 30-0 bonus point win. If both teams fail to submit a team, then it will be scored as a 0-0 draw.
Injuries and Suspensions wrote:
Injuries in this game do NOT reflect real life, they will be generated by me.

Players banned in real life will be ineligible for selection in this game for the duration of the ban.

Inclusion of injured/banned players will result in them being replaced by players on the bench, and the bench not having eight players, which may result in punishment if it concerns the front-row.

Punishment for fielding an ineligible player will be loss of one match point.
Financial Rewards wrote:
There will be no rewards for the result of an individual match, instead the managers will receive cash for predicting.

£2m for descriptive predictions 
£0.25m for scores on the doors predictions
If you fail to predict without first advising me that you are unable to do so that week, you will be fined £1m for a first offence, £2m for a second offence, £3m for a third offence etc upto a maximum of £5m per fine.

AP finishing positions.

Champions: 8m
Runners Up: 6m
Playoff Semi Finalist Losers: 5m
5th: 4m
6th: 3.5m
7th: 3m
8th: 2.5m
9th: 2m
10th: 1.5m
11th: 1m
12th: 0.5m

Heineken Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £2 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £3 million each
Runners Up - £4 million
Champions - £5 million

Amlin Challenge Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £1 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £2 million each
Runners Up - £3 million
Champions - £4 million

Anglo-Welsh Cup

Losing Semi Finalist - £1 million each
Runners Up - £2 million
Champions - £3 million

If your budgets falls below minus £10 million for any reason, the administrators (SJE) will step in and players from within your squad will be released for the relevant financial compensation (foreign transfer value) in order to bring your budget back above minus £10 million.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Season 7 Homepage 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Season 7 Homepage 2

Post by Guest Sat 26 Jul 2014, 2:41 pm

CJ agree he has flaws but for me improves every time.
He is 22 and for me looks unreal.

He needs to work on when he attacks the ball in defence. He wins a few turnovers but is often not close enough to the ball for a 7. He plays a bit wide.

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat 26 Jul 2014, 2:51 pm

True I forget how young he is!
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Jul 2014, 2:53 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:True I forget how young he is!

I think that shows how good he is. Seems like he has been around for ages.
Most people not good enough to play first
Team at his age.

Captain of Aussies at 22 shows how highly they rate him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Jul 2014, 6:11 pm

Chris have you heard the launchbury to sarries or Clermont rumours?

Apparently bizmark off to Toulon and Strauss of to Clermont.

Also folau to Toulouse or Toulon and Nadolo to Brive

All from the joys of the French publications my mrs reads. They are like our papers are with football transfer speculation

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat 26 Jul 2014, 7:09 pm

Every year Sarries have tried to get Launchbury Mat, he's got one year left on his contract and will stay with us if we keep in the main European Cup. With our finances very good now there isn't the threat of players leaving us for money reasons anymore.

Would probably be a better club for him to develop at, can see how much BV has come on since joining but hopefully a big season from Wasps this year will keep him.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Jul 2014, 7:13 pm

dammit_chris wrote:Every year Sarries have tried to get Launchbury Mat, he's got one year left on his contract and will stay with us if we keep in the main European Cup. With our finances very good now there isn't the threat of players leaving us for money reasons anymore.

Would probably be a better club for him to develop at, can see how much BV has come on since joining but hopefully a big season from Wasps this year will keep him.

Hope so. Sarries improve players but make them very system
Dominated.
They don't encourage off the cuff. Only way to beat defences is to have a go at top
Top level unless you have a totally dominant pack. Launchbury exceptional talent and think wasps will benefit him more

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Jul 2014, 10:59 pm

Warburton to saints advanced according to rugbyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat 26 Jul 2014, 11:53 pm

Bugger. Could do without them improving their pack
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Jul 2014, 12:04 am

ChequeredJersey wrote:Bugger. Could do without them improving their pack

Agreed. We need Qera back but for some reason sold him as we believe in kvesic?!!

Bizarre

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sun 27 Jul 2014, 12:09 am

Is there not a PRL rule about playing players on central contracts? Sure I read that somewhere recently?

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Jul 2014, 12:15 am

SirJohnnyEnglish wrote:Is there not a PRL rule about playing players on central contracts? Sure I read that somewhere recently?

With the welsh system collapsing jones and warbs without clubs.so there contracts probably are void SJE. Jones has been offered to all so can't be an issue. Only jones and warbs on central contracts in Wales

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 27 Jul 2014, 12:16 am

SirJohnnyEnglish wrote:Is there not a PRL rule about playing players on central contracts? Sure I read that somewhere recently?

They took a shot with North knowing they'd be fined anyway
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 27 Jul 2014, 12:17 am

Warburton, Robshaw, Easter would be a good backrow
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sun 27 Jul 2014, 12:21 am

Jones doesn't have a contract Matt at the moment. Hes free to negotiate with whoever he wants.
Warbs has one with the WRU so effectively the WRU are loaning him out. If the regions collapse it has no effect on Warbs contract. 

Sure I read somewhere recently that PRL rules forbid playing someone on a central contract? Although as CJ says hasn't stopped Saints before

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Jul 2014, 12:22 am

Wales in turmoil at club level. Apparently sexton back to leinster is looking more likely every day,

Irish rfu must be spending massive cash as he must be on mad money

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sun 27 Jul 2014, 12:27 am

If they had stumped up the first time Sexton would never had left. Supposedly would have turned Metro down if he was given parity with Heaslip who is on the highest paid central contract. 

Can understand why they want him back though. Probably Irelands most important player now and was worked to the bone by Metro. Wasn't released for all the training camps.

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Jul 2014, 12:29 am

SirJohnnyEnglish wrote:If they had stumped up the first time Sexton would never had left. Supposedly would have turned Metro down if he was given parity with Heaslip who is on the highest paid central contract. 

Can understand why they want him back though. Probably Irelands most important player now and was worked to the bone by Metro. Wasn't released for all the training camps.

Best ten after carter. Absolute class

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 27 Jul 2014, 12:34 am

Up there. Not the best 10 after Carter though Wink
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sun 27 Jul 2014, 12:41 am

I'd take him over Carter based on the last 12 months. Was supreme for Ireland through the 6 nations. Carried Metro through a lot of games this year as well

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Jul 2014, 12:45 am

Chaps my best 15 can I get feedback put EQ alongside positions where I may use my EQ. Which EQ should I play?

1 beast / Wood
2 Strauss/grey/LCD
3 Figallo
4 Etzbeth/Stooke
5 grey/ Robson
6 Alberts/Croft
7 Matera/Qera/Salvi - undecided
8 Heaslip/Dickinson
9 Genia/Robson
10 Carter/ Cips
11 May
12 toomua
13 Kurindrani
14 folau/ walker
15 Dagg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Jul 2014, 12:50 am

SirJohnnyEnglish wrote:I'd take him over Carter based on the last 12 months. Was supreme for Ireland through the 6 nations. Carried Metro through a lot of games this year as well

Last 12 months when Carter been out yes. But when carter is fit like he is now then absolutely not.

Carter maybe greatest player ever.
Love him at 12 but is a 10. Can't think
Of a single weakness to his game.

Mccaw,read and Carter are 3 of the greatest of any era.

Sexton best ever Irish ten but goal kicking stops him from being a player of a generation like bod, Carter, Wilko
Etc. Always questions over him in clutch situations

For me I Always say him
And care win you games and with Barret as back up you have great options.

Barret so good going forward and is a match winner

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 27 Jul 2014, 12:54 am

anonmattyt wrote:Chaps my best 15 can I get feedback put EQ alongside positions where I may use my EQ. Which EQ should I play?

1 beast / Wood
2 Strauss/grey/LCD
3 Figallo
4 Etzbeth/Stooke
5 grey/ Robson
6 Alberts/Croft
7 Matera/Qera/Salvi - undecided
8 Heaslip/Dickinson
9 Genia/Robson
10 Carter/ Cips
11 May
12 toomua
13 Kurindrani
14 folau/ walker
15 Dagg
Really hard calls. I'd probably go for Dickinson, maybe a hooker, Robson then consider between a fit Croft, Robson and Cips. Carter on the bench overkill in many ways but Cips has really stepped up his game
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sun 27 Jul 2014, 1:09 am

I'd go Dickinson and Grey with May. Last spot between Cips, Stookes & Robson currently. If Croft comes back to form then him with Alberts in the row. 7 depends on opposition but leaning more towards Salvi.

Carter been back 4 games Matt and played 12 so far in fairly routine wins. Sexton behind Carter when at their best but definitely ahead at the moment. Barrett will be All Blacks 10 post world cup. Lots of NZ's reckon he might even make it before hand. Personally reckon Carter will see it through but 10 is a real area of strength for them now considering the depth problems at the last world cup!

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 27 Jul 2014, 1:14 am

Forgot May, defs May in there
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Sun 27 Jul 2014, 1:22 am

Matt your biggest problems EQ. Best is May and he's not full int quality. If croft returns fully he's your best but Alberts arguably best in the world at 6 so not good for you. I'd be selling some top players to get EQ in of you want a shot at the league.

Currently your looking At May, Robson, Dickinson and Grey for me, with the last 3 not really at a good enough level. You have a great int squad but EQ holding you back so much.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 27 Jul 2014, 8:48 am

Agree with others Matt, at the top of the league (where you want to be???) you're only as strong as EQ and yours are pretty poor. compared to other teams.

May is your only England squad player and he's not a definite.

If you got some better EQ in for some of your squad players it would massively improve your starting imo.

Carter not best 10 in world. Cruden, Sexton up there alone unless Carter gets a good run of half a dozen games.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 27 Jul 2014, 9:39 am

From your squad, your best on form at min is imo.

1. Beast
2. Gray
3. Mas (Figallo out for nearly a year)
4. Grey (Etzebeth not played for 8 month, needs games)
5. Robson
6. Alberts
7. Qera
8. Dickinson

9. TJ
10. Cips
11. May
12. Tooma
13. Crotty
14. Gear
15. Folau

If you can improve on Dickinson & Robson you'd improve massively

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 27 Jul 2014, 9:41 am

Some interesting calls there Pooly.  If you get 5 minutes, do you fancy running through my squad and giving me what you think my best XV is.  Always keen on getting peoples opinions.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Jul 2014, 9:46 am

Sgt_Pooly wrote:From your squad, your best on form at min is imo.

1. Beast
2. Gray
3. Mas (Figallo out for nearly a year)
4. Grey (Etzebeth not played for 8 month, needs games)
5. Robson
6. Alberts
7. Qera
8. Dickinson

9. TJ
10. Cips
11. May
12. Tooma
13. Crotty
14. Gear
15. Folau

If you can improve on Dickinson & Robson you'd improve massively

Shows how differently we all see the game.

If it was based on form I think I would probably start Bird as he has been fantastic for crusaders. Dagg and Strauss would also start.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 27 Jul 2014, 10:11 am

Dagg has been poor but just picking up. Folau best 15 in Super 15 and much better here than wing.

Bird is pretty average imo

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sun 27 Jul 2014, 10:21 am

Geraghty available before I release him to get in a 2nd rower.
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Jul 2014, 10:23 am

Bird well thought of NZ and developed a lot since last year.Thought i had bought a turkey based on his performances last year but since he ousted Romano for both Canterbury and AB's he has come on in spades.

Now Romano is injured and not being given a long term NZ contract like bird I can see Romano coming to Europe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 27 Jul 2014, 10:24 am

Ozzy3213 wrote:Some interesting calls there Pooly.  If you get 5 minutes, do you fancy running through my squad and giving me what you think my best XV is.  Always keen on getting peoples opinions.

Yea no probs Pete

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Jul 2014, 10:33 am

Bird is unlucky that tuipolutu looks likely to be back up lock. Looks a real prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 27 Jul 2014, 11:12 am

Retalick & Whitelock miles ahead of the other options, Tui looks a real talent though.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 27 Jul 2014, 11:16 am

Anyone dealing?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 27 Jul 2014, 11:29 am

After a no10 and a TH if anyone has any available?

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 27 Jul 2014, 11:31 am

I've got about 5 FH's Chris

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 27 Jul 2014, 1:33 pm

I'm doing my predictions now guys.

See Adam Jones turned down £220,000 from the Dragons , also Jack Nowell expected to move to the 15 jersey at Exeter next year.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 27 Jul 2014, 2:03 pm

Quick question guys, 

What are the thoughts on this as my 6ns team?

1.Matt Mullen
2.Dane Coles
3.Owen Franks
4.Ed Slater 
5.Juandre Kruger
6.Ben Mowen
7.Richie McCaw
8.Kieron Read

9.Nick Phipps
10.Andy Goode
11.Charles Pitatau
12.Jean De Villers
13.Marcelo Bosch
14.Charlie Sharples
15.Ben Smith
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 27 Jul 2014, 2:16 pm

I'd say nowell's switch is bad for his England prospect but frankly playing FB hugely increases his chances of being picked on the wing...
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 27 Jul 2014, 2:17 pm

Will comment in a bit, mate
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 27 Jul 2014, 2:42 pm

He's a 15 by trade anyway isn't he?
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 27 Jul 2014, 2:44 pm

I'd say he has equal potential at either.
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 27 Jul 2014, 3:17 pm

I think his attributes suit FB better, he's not a top class winger and never will be imo

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 27 Jul 2014, 3:23 pm

I think he'll end up hitting his peak about 25/26 , really good skill set and seems to have time on the ball.

I think Exeter are producing the most well rounded backs in the AP , Slade could be the England 10 ahead of Ford for me.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 27 Jul 2014, 3:48 pm

I'll always worry Fords size will hold him back.

Nowell could be a top class FB

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 27 Jul 2014, 4:32 pm

Ford will be a good player but for me Slade has everything.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 27 Jul 2014, 9:33 pm

Slade looked good against the baa baas and importantly appears to have enough about him physically to cope with international rugby!
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Jul 2014, 9:38 pm

Ford will come good this year. Have to have a few meltdowns to progress.

Wilko got found out a few times when younger. It's how you come back from the knocks that shows whether you are the real deal or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next