The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Farewell

+14
pedro
hogie
MustPuttBetter
lorus59
JAS
incontinentia
kwinigolfer
Bob_the_Job
navyblueshorts
Diggers
gaelgowfer
super_realist
Davie
dewsweeper
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Farewell - Page 2 Empty Farewell

Post by dewsweeper Mon 21 Jul - 20:07

First topic message reminder :

I have not visited this forum for a long time and now I realise why.
The negativity of the same old suspects still hangs large.
I have always tried,without success at times,to see both sides in any discussion,this does not seem to be the case on this forum.
I will miss reading Kwini's posts,possibly the best contributor on any forum I delve into,but in the main this forum is full of bile and prejudice.
'None so blind as those who will not see'
Adios,
Dewsweeper

dewsweeper

Back to top Go down

Farewell - Page 2 Empty Re: Farewell

Post by Diggers Thu 24 Jul - 13:16

Well one obvious way is no Tory rule for a country that would never vote in a Tory Govt.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 24 Jul - 13:25

Diggers wrote:Well one obvious way is no Tory rule for a country that would never vote in a Tory Govt.

Could say the same for Wales, Liverpool, Newcastle etc. Will they all want Independence soon?

PLus they want to keep the Pound, NHS, Queen, BBC, Royal Mail, etc. What a joke.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 24 Jul - 13:37

It's feelings super. It's feelings.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 24 Jul - 13:38

Big difference being they aren't separate countries with their own national identity. Just common sense as gas as I can see. The general Scottish political leaning is the antithesis of the Conservative party policies. Why would you possibly want to run the risk of being governed by them, doesn't make sense.
The two countries can carry on helping and sharing, that's a two way street, again just common sense.The disentanglement would be a very long process Im sure.
Also the will Scotland stay in Europe? Well we do t even know if the UK will so that's hardly critical right now.
Lots of No vote scare mongering, no reason at all why Scotland shouldn't thrive on its own.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 24 Jul - 13:40

No reason why it should thrive either Diggers.

Fortunately most people won't be voting Yes.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 24 Jul - 13:45

Diggers wrote:Well one obvious way is no Tory rule for a country that would never vote in a Tory Govt.
Frankly, that illustrates all that's nonsense about this. What about the rest of the U.K. that might have had to 'suffer' a labour Government as a result of the Scottish labour M.P.s? So, you don't like the fact you might have a Tory government again and therefore spit the dummy out? That's democracy I'm afraid - sometimes you don't what you'd like. Maybe all the counties of the U.K. should go independent? Maybe we should break it down at town/city level? Ridiculous.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 24 Jul - 14:00

And democracy is also about making big choices Navy. That's why there a vote going on. If you don't like it tough...that's democracy for you as you so rightly say.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 24 Jul - 14:02

Yet, when they inevitably lose, I'm sure we'll see Salmond bring out the cliched Robert The Bruce and the Spider routine. "try, try again" Rolling Eyes

Get lost Alex

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 24 Jul - 14:16

super_realist wrote:I've only been banned once, so it can't be that bad. Laugh

Probably because the moderators sympathise with your prejudices. Cant see what other reason there would be.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 24 Jul - 14:19

Maybe because laughing at the Irish isn't a capital offence?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 24 Jul - 14:26

super_realist wrote:Maybe because laughing at the Irish isn't a capital offence?

Irish people laugh at themselves even more than you do. Thats fine. However, your "jokes" are prejudicial and really not very funny. Not even the worst comedians tell the same crap jokes over and over again and expect laughs.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 24 Jul - 15:06

I still have a right to make crap jokes. You however, have no right to not be offended.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 24 Jul - 15:27

GunsGerms wrote:
super_realist wrote:I've only been banned once, so it can't be that bad. Laugh

Probably because the moderators sympathise with your prejudices. Cant see what other reason there would be.
That's a pretty unnecessary and out of order accusation based on what exactly?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 24 Jul - 15:31

Diggers wrote:And democracy is also about making big choices Navy. That's why there a vote going on. If you don't like it tough...that's democracy for you as you so rightly say.
Oh, I accept it Diggers but I won't take my ball home like the Scots with their anti-Tory nonsense. What will be will be. I can't wait for it to be over although I sincerely hope the result is convincing one way or the other. A close vote, particularly a "No", means we'll have to put up with crap for decades more.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Thu 24 Jul - 15:42

navy-you've asked for people to stop using the term "tatty muncher" before, but it still gets used. Time to introduce sanctions perhaps?

We are also characterised as being thick, religiously brainwashed and for some unknown reason, as having our eyes really close together.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 24 Jul - 15:57

incontinentia wrote:navy-you've asked for people to stop using the term "tatty muncher" before, but it still gets used. Time to introduce sanctions perhaps?

We are also characterised as being thick, religiously brainwashed and for some unknown reason, as having our eyes really close together.

What's wrong with that?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 24 Jul - 16:05

navyblueshorts wrote:
Diggers wrote:And democracy is also about making big choices Navy. That's why there a vote going on. If you don't like it tough...that's democracy for you as you so rightly say.
Oh, I accept it Diggers but I won't take my ball home like the Scots with their anti-Tory nonsense. What will be will be. I can't wait for it to be over although I sincerely hope the result is convincing one way or the other. A close vote, particularly a "No", means we'll have to put up with crap for decades more.

Well from where I'm sitting Id rather have a civilised debate and referendum than say the alternative in Ukraine. Democracy in its current form is a pretty new concept, the way nation states have been formed in Europe is relatively new.
Scotland should have its choice the same way other Commonwealth countries have had theirs, there was never an active choice from Scotland to be part of the UK, it just evolved. The Tory issue is just a small part of the debate but for me a massively relevant one.
Totally agree though I hope its a clear vote, I suspect not and the result will be more compromised devolution which will suit Salmond just fine anyway.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 24 Jul - 16:08

incontinentia wrote:navy-you've asked for people to stop using the term "tatty muncher" before, but it still gets used. Time to introduce sanctions perhaps?

I can only assume the moderators find this sort of quasi-xenaphobic hilarity really amusing too. The mind boggles.

I have also been referred to as a Taig on the golf forum, though not by SR.

Last edited by GunsGerms on Thu 24 Jul - 16:22; edited 1 time in total

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 24 Jul - 16:10

Nobody has said "tatty muncher" since they were asked inexplicably not to.

What a stupid name to be "faux-fended" by.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 24 Jul - 16:11

super_realist wrote:Nobody has said "tatty muncher" since they were asked inexplicably not to.

Almost as stupid as someone who revels in such idiotic "jokes"?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 24 Jul - 16:13

Here's the sum of your complaint.
You don't like the term "tatty muncher" or "Oirish"

Wow, call Amnesty International, call Ban Ki Moon, this situation is going to be like Syria or Ukraine.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Thu 24 Jul - 16:14

super_realist wrote:Nobody has said "tatty muncher" since they were asked inexplicably not to.

It was used several times, most recently last week in the Open thread.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 24 Jul - 16:15

Diggers wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Well from where I'm sitting Id rather have a civilised debate and referendum than say the alternative in Ukraine. Democracy in its current form is a pretty new concept, the way nation states have been formed in Europe is relatively new.
Scotland should have its choice the same way other Commonwealth countries have had theirs, there was never an active choice from Scotland to be part of the UK, it just evolved. The Tory issue is just a small part of the debate but for me a massively relevant one.
Totally agree though I hope its a clear vote, I suspect not and the result will be more compromised devolution which will suit Salmond just fine anyway.
I won't argue there! Interesting point cf. other Commonwealth countries. I could pretty much buy that argument on its own. I have no real problem if they want to go it alone I guess although the bit about them keeping the bits they like I'm totally against.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 24 Jul - 16:17

incontinentia wrote:

It was used several times, most recently last week in the Open thread.

Not by me, but for goodness sake, it's hardly the "n" word is it?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 24 Jul - 16:21

super_realist wrote:Here's the sum of your complaint.
You don't like the term "tatty muncher" or "Oirish"

Wow, call Amnesty International, call Ban Ki Moon, this situation is going to be like Syria or Ukraine.

All Im saying is that in the real world Super your jokes wouldn't be well received by Irish people or educated British people. Not the ones I know anyway. Even if they werent offensive they are really boring so its no surprise people want to leave.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 24 Jul - 16:24

Oh, right, so it's just that they're boring.

So now you're only complaint is that my jokes are boring.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 24 Jul - 16:24

navyblueshorts wrote:
Diggers wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

I won't argue there! Interesting point cf. other Commonwealth countries. I could pretty much buy that argument on its own. I have no real problem if they want to go it alone I guess although the bit about them keeping the bits they like I'm totally against.

Yeah, element of having cake and eating it. That said I suspect in reality it works for both parties.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 24 Jul - 16:26

super_realist wrote:Oh, right, so it's just that they're boring.

So now you're only complaint is that my jokes are boring.

I do find you boring yes. Your jokes as I have highlighted to you many times cross the line too.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 24 Jul - 16:28

The line isn't defined by the Irish, sorry.
Talk about being oversensitive. To claim so vehemently that "tatty muncher" or "oirish" cross the line is absurd.
If the potato famine had been last week, you might have a point but it was about a dozen generations ago. It affects/affected no one around today.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 24 Jul - 16:31

super_realist wrote:The line isn't defined by the Irish, sorry.
Talk about being oversensitive. To claim so vehemently that "tatty muncher" or "oirish" cross the line is absurd.
If the potato famine had been last week, you might have a point but it was about a dozen generations ago. It affects/affected no one around today.

Zzzzzzzz. What a plank!!

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 24 Jul - 16:32

I've had the odd word. "Tatty muncher" seems (at least to me) a lot less prevalent than it was.

Not sure about the "thick" bit.

I tend to agree about the "religious brainwashing" although not simply as a moderator and I'd say the same of many countries/peoples. I don't bang on about it but it's fantasy based on zero evidence and raising children to be religious, for any faith, is exactly "brainwashing".

I'm with you on the "eyes close together" thing. I don't get that either!

GunsGerms wrote:

I can only assume the moderators find this sort of quasi-xenaphobic hilarity really amusing too. The mind boggles.
I'm still waiting for you to explain why you make these sort of sweeping, prejudicial assumptions of what mods are like here based on zero actual evidence. Are you trying to be ironic perhaps? Should I see some sort of lesson here? Or are you simply the same sort of bigot you accuse others of being?

If you have specific grievances, perhaps you might PM me or simply report them instead of posting them on the open forum.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 24 Jul - 16:37

There is lots of evidence. Super boasts that he has only ever been banned once yet he has been posting the same xenophobic nonsense over and over again without sanction and yet for highlighting this anomaly, rather than taking any action as usual you accuse me of being a bigot. Bravo.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 24 Jul - 16:39

Listen Guns,
You are being ridiculously over-sensitive. Try having a look at the things you are complaining about. They make Inco's letter to the BBC re: Luck of the Irish as being   well thought out and reasonable.

Do try to find the last time I called anyone a "tatty muncher"

If everyone was reacted like you about anything, this forum would have closed. Thank goodness people are less sensitive and not so childish.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 24 Jul - 16:43

super_realist wrote:Listen Guns,
You are being ridiculously over-sensitive. Try having a look at the things you are complaining about. They make Inco's letter to the BBC re: Luck of the Irish as being   well thought out and reasonable.

Do try to find the last time I called anyone a "tatty muncher"

If everyone was reacted like you about anything, this forum would have closed. Thank goodness people are less sensitive and not so childish.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Honestly you are too thick to get it which I why it should really be up to moderators to take action.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 24 Jul - 16:45

Well, you'll have to give examples of this gross misconduct and breaking of the forum rules so that they can take action then won't you Guns?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2