The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is it...

+12
Diggers
Roller_Coaster
pedro
MustPuttBetter
hend085
lorus59
incontinentia
Bob_the_Job
SmithersJones
super_realist
Davie
BlueCoverman
16 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Why is it... - Page 2 Empty Why is it...

Post by BlueCoverman Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:06 am

First topic message reminder :

...that when there is the slightest bit of handbags a thread gets locked?

Just curious that's all...I notice there has only been 1 post on the golf forum in the 16 hours since the 'Farewell' thread was brought to a halt.

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Why is it... - Page 2 Empty Re: Why is it...

Post by GunsGerms Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:30 pm

Diggers wrote:I'm saying your comment re bravery and anonymity should be irrelevant and to be honest isn't a great one.

Why not? Do you really think it is ok to post offensive comments that you wouldnt post if you weren't anonymous?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:35 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
super_realist wrote:Guns, If all you can do is claim I've offended you, but you can't explain why you're offended, (offence is such a laughable stance, especially on a forum) then I or anyone else is hardly going to take notice of your supposed "offence" are they?

Last time you mentioned being offended by the term "Oirish". Really? Come on. Your sig say you are 34, not 4.

I never claimed you offended me and I never commented on the above quote. I did point out that you have posted derogatory comments against certain cultures and religions. We both know that to be true and to be against forum rules.

Such as....... still waiting.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:39 pm

I don't think Super has said anything that should have a violent consequence. So I don't see the point of your comment.
Id like to think there is no comment anyone could make me resort to violence.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:41 pm

Diggers wrote:I don't think Super has said anything that should have a violent consequence. So I don't see the point of your comment.

It seems you just didnt understand the comment. Could that be possible?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:42 pm

super_realist wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:
super_realist wrote:Guns, If all you can do is claim I've offended you, but you can't explain why you're offended, (offence is such a laughable stance, especially on a forum) then I or anyone else is hardly going to take notice of your supposed "offence" are they?

Last time you mentioned being offended by the term "Oirish". Really? Come on. Your sig say you are 34, not 4.

I never claimed you offended me and I never commented on the above quote. I did point out that you have posted derogatory comments against certain cultures and religions. We both know that to be true and to be against forum rules.

Such as....... still waiting.

Yes Guns, lets see some examples that are anything other than attempts to amuse...

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:43 pm

and if you weren't offended, then what's the problem?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:43 pm

BlueCoverman wrote:
Yes Guns, lets see some examples that are anything other than attempts to amuse...

So are you saying that you can say anything you want as long as you find it funny? I didnt realise that was the rule. That means you can practically say whatever you want does it?

Why would I want to repeat derogatory comments? I dont think a golf forum is any place for that kind of stuff.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:48 pm

But you just said you didn't find them offensive, so how can they be derogatory?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:49 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
Diggers wrote:I don't think Super has said anything that should have a violent consequence. So I don't see the point of your comment.

Yes, equally its possible you just made a poor comment. Is that possible?

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:50 pm

Diggers wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:

No it made perfect sense and there was no mention of or implication of violence so I stand by it. Any mention of violence was fabricated by you.

Last edited by GunsGerms on Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:51 pm

You sound like a forum NIMBY Guns. Happy to let anything go, as long as it doesn't come too near your door.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:52 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
Diggers wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:

No it made perfect sense. I stand by it.

Fair enough. I stand by my opinion of it.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:55 pm

No of course not but I am saying that I have only seen comments made in an attempt to amuse and nothing that has offended me. You yourself have also stated that you have not been offended...

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:56 pm

BlueCoverman wrote:No of course not but I am saying that I have only seen comments made in an attempt to amuse and nothing that has offended me. You yourself have also stated that you have not been offended...

Those people are the worst Blue, the ones who need to speak out as if offended on behalf of those (who haven't asked) who they think ought to be offended.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:01 pm

super_realist wrote:You sound like a forum NIMBY Guns. Happy to let anything go, as long as it doesn't come too near your door.

Have you ever heard of the phrase "dont wrestle with a pig.."

I think that's fairly good advice.

Last edited by GunsGerms on Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:07 pm

You're the one getting flustered and seemingly tied in knots Guns.

You claim you aren't offended, yet you're still complaining about nothing apparently.

No one is buying your synthetic outrage or fauxfence. So stop banging on like you are being persecuted or "bullied"

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:12 pm

super_realist wrote:You're the one getting flustered and seemingly tied in knots Guns.

You claim you aren't offended, yet you're still complaining about nothing apparently.

No one is buying your synthetic outrage or fauxfence. So stop banging on like you are being persecuted or "bullied"

Nope, just pointing out that you routinely post bigoted and derogatory comments about other cultures and religions and try and justify your comments by stating they are just a joke even though posters have told you they find the comments offensive.

That to me is pretty pathetic and I have no problem pointing that out.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:18 pm

super_realist wrote:You're the one getting flustered and seemingly tied in knots Guns.

Hey - fauxfence is (C) copyright B_t_J 2013
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:03 pm

GunsGerms wrote:

Nope, just pointing out that you routinely post bigoted and derogatory comments about other cultures and religions and try and justify your comments by stating they are just a joke even though posters have told you they find the comments offensive.

That to me is pretty pathetic and I have no problem pointing that out.

Yet, you are the one that repeatedly fails to provide any examples, far less provide evidence they are bigoted or derogatory and also states that they don't even find them offensive.

Have you actually got a problem at all Guns? If not, why not let those who "supposedly" do  to defend themselves rather than someone who can't bring up examples, and can't explain why they are offensive to do it on their behalf when they haven't even asked you to.

This is really getting really laughable Guns.

I was going to let the irony of you calling me pathetic go, but that would be too easy. Anything I've ever said about Irish, Fat,, English football team,  Religious, Abortion etc doesn't boil down to anything other than my opinion and it's never any worse than saying a certain stance is to quote you "pathetic"

So, if you're happy enough to call me pathetic on an issue (please note I'm not running to the Mods, asking for your "bigotry" to be dealt with), then please have the good grace to allow me my own opinions, so if I want to describe a certain cultural or religious practices "pathetic" as I see them, then I'm not breaking any forum rules by doing so, because I'm expressing an opinion and giving a reason, not discriminating or "bullying".

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:20 pm

To be fair S_R, the "opinion" thing isn't a carte blanche to say what one likes. I'm pretty sure it was Hitler's 'opinion' that certain cultural groups were üntermenschen but I seriously doubt that would get him, or anyone like him, off the hook for saying so now. The KKK have some interesting 'opinions' as well but I don't think they'd go unchallenged or be at all acceptable either.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:26 pm

Don't think Hitter peppered his banter with words like Oirish. Then again I suppose he did want to get them on his side in the war.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:37 pm

Why is it... - Page 2 1347041234

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:45 pm

Why is it... - Page 2 1347041234

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:21 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:To be fair S_R, the "opinion" thing isn't a carte blanche to say what one likes. I'm pretty sure it was Hitler's 'opinion' that certain cultural groups were üntermenschen but I seriously doubt that would get him, or anyone like him, off the hook for saying so now. The KKK have some interesting 'opinions' as well but I don't think they'd go unchallenged or be at all acceptable either.

That's indeed true, but if I'm using reasoning to express them, then it isn't and can't be taken as bullying or persecution.

I believe it was your good self who warned me on usage of the "TM" phrase, since when I've desisted from using it, and that was ages ago, so the claim from Guns that I routinely use the forum to target certain groups in a bigoted and persecuting manner simply isn't true.

The fact that all he's got against me is that I referred to the Irish as "Oireland" really shows just how far under the barrel he's having to scrape.

I've never bullied anyone, and even the people I've had most colourful exchanges or differences of opinion with (e.g. Gael and Mac) have always been fairly good natured. Neither has certainly gone running away (although, neither have been seen for a while Run)

All this forum is is healthy discussion and at times a difference of opinion, no one is singled out, no one is discriminated against and no one in bullied, and the admins/mods do a good job of ensuring it stays that way.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:33 pm

I would probably say s_r is the one getting bullied.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:50 pm

pedro wrote:I would probably say s_r is the one getting bullied.
 Headscratch 
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:00 pm

super_realist wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:To be fair S_R, the "opinion" thing isn't a carte blanche to say what one likes. I'm pretty sure it was Hitler's 'opinion' that certain cultural groups were üntermenschen but I seriously doubt that would get him, or anyone like him, off the hook for saying so now. The KKK have some interesting 'opinions' as well but I don't think they'd go unchallenged or be at all acceptable either.

That's indeed true, but if I'm using reasoning to express them, then it isn't and can't be taken as bullying or persecution.

I believe it was your good self who warned me on usage of the "TM" phrase, since when I've desisted from using it, and that was ages ago, so the claim from Guns that I routinely use the forum to target certain groups in a bigoted and persecuting manner simply isn't true.

The fact that all he's got against me is that I referred to the Irish as "Oireland" really shows just how far under the barrel he's having to scrape.

I've never bullied anyone, and even the people I've had most colourful exchanges or differences of opinion with (e.g. Gael and Mac) have always been fairly good natured. Neither has certainly gone running away (although, neither have been seen for a while Run)

All this forum is is healthy discussion and at times a difference of opinion, no one is singled out, no one is discriminated against and no one in bullied, and the admins/mods do a good job of ensuring it stays that way.
That's fine although I'm sure all people of opinion use what they would consider 'reasoning'. I'm just suggesting some discretion and consideration of whether it's worth WUMing, for the sake of WUMing, sometimes.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:13 pm

'Xenophobic abuse'

Give it a rest Guns?!

As for the 'you wouldn't be so brave...' comment, I read into it the same veiled threat as Digs. And trust me I'd be more than brave enough to give you my opinion face to face of your persecution of anyone who should dare to have a bit of banter at someone else's 'expense'
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:21 am

MustPuttBetter wrote:'Xenophobic abuse'

Give it a rest Guns?!

As for the 'you wouldn't be so brave...' comment, I read into it the same veiled threat as Digs. And trust me I'd be more than brave enough to give you my opinion face to face of your persecution of anyone who should dare to have a bit of banter at someone else's 'expense'

God you are embarassing yourself. What a stupid comment. Can you really not understand the difference between posting anonomously and posting with your identity revealed and the point I was trying to make?

Its no wonder the quality of debate here spirals into idiotic and often xenophopic nonsense that some people find really funny.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:33 am

super_realist wrote:

This is absolute nonsense. I never said anything of the sort.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:36 am

You still going on about this?
Good grief.

I think you ought to look up a dictionary for the word "xenophobic".

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:55 am

GunsGerms wrote:God you are embarassing yourself. What a stupid comment. Can you really not understand the difference between posting anonomously and posting with your identity revealed and the point I was trying to make?

Its no wonder the quality of debate here spirals into idiotic and often xenophopic nonsense that some people find really funny.

Embarrassing myself? Oh dear, he's one of them.....
And in any case your post has crossed a line which i consider to be bordering on bullying.

In addition, please do not mention God when addressing me directly. It offends me that you should make the assumption that i believe in your deity and such an assumption discriminates against the many other deities i may indeed worship and/or use as an excuse to be offended.
In this regard the site rules state "No racism, sexism, homophobic or otherwise vulgar language will be tolerated. The Admins do not care if it does not offend you and/or your friends. No bullying and/or discrimination will be tolerated, that includes: Race, Religion, Sex, Age, Cultural Background, Sexual Orientation"

I feel your previous post infringes both the bullying and discrimination rules mentioned above. Maybe some action should be taken.

A ridiculous stance to take huh? Quite................
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:06 am

super_realist wrote:You still going on about this?
Good grief.

I think you ought to look up a dictionary for the word "xenophobic".

I think you would be better served looking it up. Refer to bigot too while you are at it.  Very Happy 

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:09 am

MustPuttBetter wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:God you are embarassing yourself. What a stupid comment. Can you really not understand the difference between posting anonomously and posting with your identity revealed and the point I was trying to make?

Embarrassing myself? Oh dear, he's one of them.....
And in any case your post has crossed a line which i consider to be bordering on bullying.

In addition, please do not mention God when addressing me directly. It offends me that you should make the assumption that i believe in your deity and such an assumption discriminates against the many other deities i may indeed worship and/or use as an excuse to be offended.
In this regard the site rules state "No racism, sexism, homophobic or otherwise vulgar language will be tolerated. The Admins do not care if it does not offend you and/or your friends. No bullying and/or discrimination will be tolerated, that includes: Race, Religion, Sex, Age, Cultural Background, Sexual Orientation"

I feel your previous post infringes both the bullying and discrimination rules mentioned above. Maybe some action should be taken.

A ridiculous stance to take huh? Quite................

Didnt even bother reading that rant. I assume it is as incoherent and erroneous as your previous posts.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:11 am

Presumably all of the posts you don't agree with are?
The fact you do not understand and/or are confused explains much of this nonsense
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:18 am

MustPuttBetter wrote:Presumably all of the posts you don't agree with are?
The fact you do not understand and/or are confused explains much of this nonsense

I read your post. Possibly one of the dumbest things I have ever read on an internet forum. You go off on a rant about religion based on the use of the word God. You probably should be comitted. That was an insanely idiotic post. Bravo! Keep the comedy coming. Finally something funny.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:24 am

GunsGerms wrote:I read your post. Possibly one of the dumbest things I have ever read on an internet forum. You go off on a rant about religion based on the use of the word God. You probably should be comitted. That was an insanely idiotic post. Bravo! Keep the comedy coming. Finally something funny.

Well first of all, congrats on the reading bit, and thanks for letting me know. Shame about the delay and the interim response before you'd managed to get through it 'all'. Short attention span?

As i said, presumably all of the posts you don't agree with are dumb, insane, idiotic.....? Seems to be your standard response. I wonder if you'd say as much if this weren't anonymous........
Only you could struggle to make a link between the word 'God' and religion. Funny indeed  clap

Nontheless, please could you stop bullying me. Just because i am not Oirish doesn't mean i don't have feelings you know
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:25 am

Out of interest, what was dumb about it?
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:40 am

Why is it... - Page 2 1347041234 cider

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:44 am

I've never bullied anyone, and even the people I've had most colourful exchanges or differences of opinion with (e.g. Gael and Mac) have always been fairly good natured. Neither has certainly gone running away (although, neither have been seen for a while Run

"Colourful exchanges"  Hardly!  I don't 'do' this 'style' of language, as well you know ...

Probably like the typical bitter Scot she is, she probably put one foot over the threshold and did the v-sign.

super_realist ... you'd never have the courage to say that to my face so why say it on here?  It's neither funny nor clever.

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:46 am

Are we in the 5th set yet?  I can only be bothered to watch "tennis" when it looks like we're close to getting a winner.

Oh wait! Another player has wandered onto court.
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:51 am

Bob_the_Job wrote:Are we in the 5th set yet?  I can only be bothered to watch "tennis" when it looks like we're close to getting a winner.

Oh wait!  Another player has wandered onto court.

Wot .. you got something against mixed doubles!

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:09 am

This thread could probably do with locking more than the other one to be honest!
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:13 am

gaelgowfer wrote:
Bob_the_Job wrote:Are we in the 5th set yet?  I can only be bothered to watch "tennis" when it looks like we're close to getting a winner.

Oh wait!  Another player has wandered onto court.

Wot .. you got something against mixed doubles!

No not at all, but I thought Guns was male? drumroll 
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:38 am

gaelgowfer wrote:
I've never bullied anyone, and even the people I've had most colourful exchanges or differences of opinion with (e.g. Gael and Mac) have always been fairly good natured. Neither has certainly gone running away (although, neither have been seen for a while Run

"Colourful exchanges"  Hardly!  I don't 'do' this 'style' of language, as well you know ...

Probably like the typical bitter Scot she is, she probably put one foot over the threshold and did the v-sign.

super_realist ... you'd never have the courage to say that to my face so why say it on here?  It's neither funny nor clever.

Wouldn't I? Is that because you consider me to have good manners, or because you are a battleaxe? Run

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:45 am

GunsGerms wrote:I doubt you would be so brave to post some of the things you post if the forum wasn't anonymous.
How can this be misconstrued as a veiled threat? Guns is in a different country for one thing!
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:01 pm

MustPuttBetter wrote:This thread could probably do with locking more than the other one to be honest!

Hey!...don't you go giving anyone any ideas!...I might have to start another 'Why is it?' thread  Laugh

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:03 pm

Ha ha sorry Blue!

Inco - why is it, do you think, that Guns thinks Super would have to be brave to say such things if no anonymity?
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:20 pm

People are generally braver posting anonomously. I'd imagine theres a greater risk of legal action for posting abusive/derogatory/libellous material under your own name too.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:27 pm

Good job no one has posted anything abusive/derogatory or libelous then isn't it?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum