The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+12
Galted
kingraf
88Chris05
Adam D
Pal Joey
superflyweight
JuliusHMarx
Rowley
seanmichaels
Union Cane
Mind the windows Tino.
rIck_dAgless
16 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 6 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 25 Jul 2014, 2:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

Story of my life Tino (though not if you ask Mrs Daggles)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 6 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Rowley Thu 31 Jul 2014, 9:23 am

4 April Come She Will Simon and Garfunkel

Looks like the odd one out might be the one that does not contain a month, but not too sure I know the other two.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 6 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by seanmichaels Thu 31 Jul 2014, 9:37 am

Rowley wrote:1 Wake me up When September Ends
3 Maggie May

Correct. Like that Green Day song.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 31 Jul 2014, 9:38 am

2 November Rain

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 31 Jul 2014, 9:38 am

4.) correct.

Wrong odd one out and reason. You definitely know 2.)

5.) will be pretty much impossible without googling

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 31 Jul 2014, 9:39 am

2.) Correct sir.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 31 Jul 2014, 11:19 am

semen chisled

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 31 Jul 2014, 11:53 am

you been on the pop Rick?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 31 Jul 2014, 11:58 am

Answer

1.) Green Day - When September Ends
2.) Guns'n'Roses - November Rain
3.) Rod Stewart - Maggie May
4.) Simon & Garfunkel - April Will She Come
5.) Bright Eyes - June on the west Coast

Odd one out - May has 31 days, the rest 30.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 31 Jul 2014, 12:21 pm

sean wrote:you been on the pop Rick?

If only dear boy...

Pretty slow on here today, found myself experimenting on other threads, scary stuff...

For the record... Spanish Pork and apple burger with potato wedges, and it was very tasty indeed.

Afternoon all.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 31 Jul 2014, 12:41 pm

Been reading about PPV figures for about a week and have no energy for anything else.  

Staggering that an exciting knockout by an exciting fighter can lead to an incredibly boring comparison of viewing figures.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 31 Jul 2014, 12:54 pm

1. Rising up, back on the street
2. Darken the city, night is a wire Steam in the subway, earth is a afire
3. Well I'm standing here looking at you, What do I see? I'm looking straight through
It's so sad when you're young, To be told you're having fun
4. On the first part of the journey, I was looking at all the life, There were plants and birds and rocks and things , There was sand and hills and rings
5. We move like cagey tigers We couldn't get closer than this The way we walk The way we talk

Odd one out and why

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 31 Jul 2014, 12:58 pm

super wrote:Been reading about PPV figures for about a week and have no energy for anything else.

Staggering that an exciting knockout by an exciting fighter can lead to an incredibly boring comparison of viewing figures.

GGG super? I went onto the boards briefly saw a linked mayweather thread, a piece of my soul died, and came back over here.

Adam

1) Eye of the Tiger - survivor?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 31 Jul 2014, 12:59 pm

yep!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 31 Jul 2014, 12:59 pm

5) Lovecats - the cure?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 31 Jul 2014, 12:59 pm

going for lunch - will be back in an hour to answer

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 31 Jul 2014, 1:01 pm

It 'll be a feline connection, should be OK when Jeff rocks up...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 31 Jul 2014, 1:01 pm

4, because the rest are prime numbers. Although 1 is technically not a prime number so I guess I'm stumped.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 31 Jul 2014, 1:02 pm

4. Horse With No Name - America
5. Love Cats - The Cure

Something to do with cats, tigers (there's probably a lion in there); horse the odd one out?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 31 Jul 2014, 1:30 pm

Th songs are all correct, but no connection yet.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 31 Jul 2014, 1:31 pm

rick_dagless wrote:
super wrote:Been reading about PPV figures for about a week and have no energy for anything else.  

GGG super?  I went onto the boards briefly saw a linked mayweather thread, a piece of my soul died, and came back over here.

Adam

1) Eye of the Tiger - survivor?

Aye. GGG knocks out Geale with what, at best, was an arm punch and instead of talking about that, the boxing boards decide to measure his worth by descending into a statistical analysis of his PPV figures. Utter madness. I think the internet should be taken away from us. I really do.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 31 Jul 2014, 1:44 pm

super wrote:I think the internet should be taken away from us. I really do

I often think the same, the virtual entirety of human knowledge at our fingertips, and we insists on looking at cats barking, and debating whether, Prime Mike can beat Godzilla, and what figure Boxnation would make from the re-match.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 31 Jul 2014, 1:45 pm

To respond to Chris' Walker thread the other day I looked through some of my old colour line greats threads. Going to sound egotistical but do you remember when we used to have threads about things on the boxing board.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 31 Jul 2014, 1:48 pm

Our cynicism has come back to bite us. Little did we realise that whether Barry Mcguigan was British going to rear its head. Strap in lads, this could get exciting.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 31 Jul 2014, 1:59 pm

I long for the days of Big Lar's pants...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 31 Jul 2014, 2:02 pm

He boxed at the 1980 Olympics you know, Jeff. The first Olympics of the eighties. Or was 1980 part of the seventies?.....

But yes, the boxing board has gone to pot recently.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 31 Jul 2014, 2:03 pm

Chris wrote:But yes, the boxing board has gone to pot recently.

I admire your valiant efforts to keep it going Chris, but it is, I fear, akin to providing iPads to a chimp enclosure...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 31 Jul 2014, 2:09 pm

1. Rising up, back on the street - Eye of the tiger
2. Darken the city, night is a wire Steam in the subway, earth is a afire
3. Well I'm standing here looking at you, What do I see? I'm looking straight through
It's so sad when you're young, To be told you're having fun
4. On the first part of the journey, I was looking at all the life, There were plants and birds and rocks and things , There was sand and hills and rings - Horse with no name
5. We move like cagey tigers We couldn't get closer than this The way we walk The way we talk - The Lovecats

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 31 Jul 2014, 2:16 pm

Might make jeff's afternoon fairly busy by posting that Barry McGuigan can't be Irish because I once saw him reading a book.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 31 Jul 2014, 2:23 pm

Do it Superfly.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 31 Jul 2014, 2:25 pm

super wrote:Might make jeff's afternoon fairly busy by posting that Barry McGuigan can't be Irish because I once saw him reading a book.

Reference that this is why he is in HOF and you have nailed it...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 31 Jul 2014, 2:32 pm

Never understood the Irish thing. They're alright to play rugby together. Reckon it is stupid paddies up north just wanting a ruck. The ones down south seem much more pleasant.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 31 Jul 2014, 3:38 pm

rick_dagless wrote:
super wrote:Might make jeff's afternoon fairly busy by posting that Barry McGuigan can't be Irish because I once saw him reading a book.

Think I may have just dealt with this particular issue.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 31 Jul 2014, 3:56 pm

Rowley wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:

Think I may have just dealt with this particular issue.

Although I may now have muddied the waters.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Jul 2014, 4:07 pm

3/ Ant Music - Adam and the Ants

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 31 Jul 2014, 4:17 pm

DAVE667 wrote:3/ Ant Music - Adam and the Ants

correct!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 31 Jul 2014, 4:27 pm

Adam are we looking for a link or an odd one out or neither?

Could it be no.2 as the rest are mammals and an an Ant is just another sh1tty irrelevant Anthropod?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 31 Jul 2014, 4:35 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Adam are we looking for a link or an odd one out or neither?

Could it be no.2 as the rest are mammals and an an Ant is just another sh1tty irrelevant Anthropod?

correct

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Jul 2014, 4:49 pm

superflyweight wrote:Might make jeff's afternoon fairly busy by posting that Barry McGuigan can't be Irish because I once saw him reading a book.  
What if it was a book on potatoes?

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 31 Jul 2014, 4:52 pm

Spoiler:

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 31 Jul 2014, 6:16 pm

Just saved about two quid on a sisal cat scratching post by shopping around online. The world economy wouldn't be in such a state of rectum-filler if everyone was as diligent as me.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Thu 31 Jul 2014, 6:54 pm

I can confirm that, yes, there are a lot if c@&£S among us Northern Irish.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Thu 31 Jul 2014, 6:55 pm

Although for the sake of the forum, there is no such nationality and I'm Irish. Unless there's a East Midlands title vacant at present for me to claim.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 31 Jul 2014, 7:24 pm

Do you get sisal cat scratching posts in Northern Ireland, Boss?  I just saved £2 buying one online.

Last edited by Galted on Thu 31 Jul 2014, 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wasn't sure whether to address The Boss as "Boss" or "The Boss". And wanted to type in "cock" without the cunt of a swear filter fucking picking it up.)

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Thu 31 Jul 2014, 7:35 pm

No, Galted. Back home in Ireland, Cats are seen as pets of the devil and from my limited knowledge are understood to be completely anti-potato. So feck the cruel bastards and they'll be getting no presents from me.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 31 Jul 2014, 7:51 pm

Oh.

I guess cats are very divisive. If you change your mind about them and want to get something scratchable, I recommend sisal-based products or mute babies.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Thu 31 Jul 2014, 7:54 pm

I'll keep it in mind. I suppose if I'm gonna save 2 quid I can afford to disregard my entire belief system.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 31 Jul 2014, 8:43 pm

I don't have a belief system so money-saving comes easily to me.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 31 Jul 2014, 9:55 pm

2. Hungry Like the Wolf - Duran Duran

Been in Yorkshire all day. Shocking place.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 31 Jul 2014, 10:18 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:2. Hungry Like the Wolf - Duran Duran

Been in Yorkshire all day. Shocking place.

I was there in '96. Leeds, Harrogate and Ripon. Was shocking. Awful, awful, place.

Christ, Julius, I've missed you so much. So much.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 31 Jul 2014, 10:31 pm

Of course you have Galted. Who wouldn't?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next