The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rafael Nadal suffers wrist injury.

+6
lags72
kingraf
CaledonianCraig
HM Murdock
ChequeredJersey
Rafa's biceps
10 posters

Go down

Rafael Nadal suffers wrist injury.  Empty Rafael Nadal suffers wrist injury.

Post by Rafa's biceps Wed 30 Jul 2014, 7:02 pm

As the title states, Rafa has a wrist injury. He will miss Toronto and Cincinnati. He may well miss New York as well. Hopefully it's not a Juan Martin Del Potro type injury as the tour will miss Rafa with another long injury break.

Rafa's biceps

Back to top Go down

Rafael Nadal suffers wrist injury.  Empty Re: Rafael Nadal suffers wrist injury.

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 30 Jul 2014, 8:55 pm

Sad

Hope he recovers. No number 1 for Rafa though Sad
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Rafael Nadal suffers wrist injury.  Empty Re: Rafael Nadal suffers wrist injury.

Post by HM Murdock Wed 30 Jul 2014, 8:58 pm

Disappointing for Rafa.

He has said on twitter that he expects to be fit for USO.

Presumably he won't be training for a while either though?

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 30 Jul 2014, 9:08 pm

Here's hoping it is nothing too serious and he is back soon.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 31 Jul 2014, 5:48 pm

That is a pity. Li Na is missing the entire American swing as well.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Thu 31 Jul 2014, 6:45 pm

Bad news.

On the positive side, he has shown an impressive ability to get back to winning ways very quickly post-injury. None more so than last year, after the prolonged layoff. In fact the 2013 season produced his biggest title haul since he first hit the big time way back in 2005.

Injuries  - and their timing - are of course the plague of all top athletes. But for one reason or another Rafa just doesn't seem designed to last a full competitive season, with the vast majority of his annual points coming in the clay swing.

Perhaps this latest setback will be short-lived, but each time there's a break of some sort you can't help wonder how many years on the Tour he has left in him - whether fitness-wise or from a motivational perspective.

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu 31 Jul 2014, 7:35 pm

It is bizarre that the injuries have surfaced during or around the grass court season over the last three years. Now many will say grass is doing it but perhaps the problem is he pushes himself so hard during the clay court season and an injury is just waiting to happen.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 31 Jul 2014, 7:43 pm

I thought it a little strange too, almost like he's taking a midseason break under the ruse of it being an injury.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 31 Jul 2014, 7:50 pm

As I've read it was a freak injury, a minor tear in his carpal tunnel. Nothing serious. Just unfortunate timing, nothing to yet suggest a DelP sort fate.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu 31 Jul 2014, 8:06 pm

kingraf wrote:As I've read it was a freak injury, a minor tear in his carpal tunnel. Nothing serious. Just unfortunate timing, nothing to yet suggest a DelP sort fate.

Yes wrist injuries aren't always Del Potro-esque. Look at Novak - he had wrist problems earlier this year and has just won Wimbledon.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Thu 31 Jul 2014, 8:34 pm

Are you sure?
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu 31 Jul 2014, 8:41 pm

Jahu wrote:Are you sure?

Yes I am sure that Novak had wrist problems earlier this year and yes I am sure he has just won Wimbledon.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 31 Jul 2014, 8:42 pm

super_realist wrote:I thought it a little strange too, almost like he's taking a midseason break under the ruse of it being an injury.

Odd to risk that many points and no practice for the next slam...
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Thu 31 Jul 2014, 9:40 pm

...here we go...it can't be an injury with Nadal, it has to be something sinister and probably linked to drug taking right? zzzzzz
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Thu 31 Jul 2014, 9:42 pm

Dont think so. His body cant work 12 months, proven.

Time out for WTF war?
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by DirectView2 Tue 05 Aug 2014, 6:09 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:It is bizarre that the injuries have surfaced during or around the grass court season over the last three years. Now many will say grass is doing it but perhaps the problem is he pushes himself so hard during the clay court season and an injury is just waiting to happen.

+1

Actually the trend is a successful recipe for Rafa so nothing to be worried about it at all.

1]Rafa pushes everything on 2008 wins Wimbledon and falls of from USO season onward, takes a mini injury time out for close to 6 months and it re-vitalized him for a great comeback year on 2010.

2]Rafa falls off after winning 2010 USO and series of loss to Djokovic till 2011 FO and the famous Rosol match happens, Rafa decides to take time off to recover from injury
and just held on to his FO title on 2012 in between and took time off again later that year and comes back and sweeps 2013.

3]Rafa falls again after USO open and could not hold on to most title including clay in 2014 outside his beloved FO crown and seems like the history will repeat.

Three major things to note down from these

1]When Rafa takes an injury time out it lasts close to 1 and half years for him to get back to proper winning mode.

2]The rejuvenation helps not only his body but his mind too that he comes and cleans the next season from his opponents grasp.

3]Rafa mentally struggles to defends anything outside clay and looks like he will never achieve the feat of defending the year end no.1, something which Djoko actually achieved already.

So Rafa would not be worried about it much and its a waste of time to actually pass condolence, I actually expect a strong performance from Rafa in 2015

DirectView2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down