The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for a club to play at in Kent

5 posters

Go down

Looking for a club to play at in Kent Empty Looking for a club to play at in Kent

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 30 Jul 2014, 8:15 pm

Hi guys,

Just finished med school and starting work at the Princess Royal University Hospital in Farnborough, living near Bromley. I am really keen to keep/restart playing rugby for a local club, wondering if anyone here had suggestions for a good local club near Bromley, Orpington or South London?

Thanks

CJ
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Looking for a club to play at in Kent Empty Re: Looking for a club to play at in Kent

Post by SirBurger Thu 31 Jul 2014, 8:55 am

At first I thought you meant farnborough in Hampshire and questioned you living in Bromley!

I don't know the area that well but have played against Bromley Rfc before. Beckenham also have a club. What sort of standard do you want to play?

SirBurger

Back to top Go down

Looking for a club to play at in Kent Empty Re: Looking for a club to play at in Kent

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 31 Jul 2014, 4:45 pm

Decent but more for the fun. Flexibility is the most important thing!
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by takethelongroad Thu 31 Jul 2014, 9:54 pm

Very good CJ, I used to workain the PRUH in general surgery (CT1). There is a decent Michelin starred restaurant opposite the residence as it happens. A buddy of mine played at Bromley and enjoyed it - my playing days were gone by then. Which firms will you be on?

takethelongroad

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 31 Jul 2014, 9:56 pm

Acute medicine, Endo/geriatrics and general surgery. So far so good
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by takethelongroad Thu 31 Jul 2014, 10:04 pm

I had a good 4m there, watched Scotland beat SA between night shifts in the mess. You must be shadowing this week? Good luck starting off on Wed if so...

takethelongroad

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 31 Jul 2014, 10:06 pm

Yeah, thanks very much. Hope I'm ready!

I'm enquiring at Bromley Rugby Club to see what the training etc is like
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by takethelongroad Thu 31 Jul 2014, 10:16 pm

It all works out. If you aren't sure if you should ask someone for help or not it means you should! How many medics on this forum btw!

takethelongroad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri 01 Aug 2014, 10:13 am

Nearest I've been to there is Edenbridge RFC, friendly club and nice facilities.

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Slow and Sedate Wed 06 Aug 2014, 4:10 pm

CJ there are loads of clubs in the area of all levels from Blackheath (2 below premiership I think) to county league level. Nearest to Farnborough Hospital would be Park House and Bromley - same division and across the road from one another. Higher standard and down the road in Orpington is Westcombe Park.

Slow and Sedate

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 06 Aug 2014, 9:31 pm

Thanks guys, will start visiting this weekend
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down