The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*** Premier League Dream League! ***

+4
TopoftheChops
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Crimey
FootballLight
8 posters

Go down

*** Premier League Dream League! *** Empty *** Premier League Dream League! ***

Post by FootballLight Thu 07 Aug 2014, 1:18 pm

I'm hoping we can receive some participants for a classic Dream Team League, but on 606v2. I'm hoping we can get together some people (of at least 10 minimum I'd say) to take part in this activity for a little bit of prediction action on 606v2 for the forthcoming Premier League season. I'm aware that there are many others you can log onto elsewhere (i.e. The Sun's), but I just feel this one is easier as all it takes is a little bit of commitment to just post a starting 11 and subs each week, then the table will be updated at the end of every week. Winner earns bragging rights. The basic rules as follows (please ask if you need any notification with anything else).

Rules:

-Participants must post their starting line-ups and subs each week. This starting line-up will always stay the same, unless you make any changes to it.
-You can make up to 3 changes in your WHOLE matchday squad for one gameweek. If you do not decide to make any changes, you must either PM me or post your unchanged team on this topic.
-If you do not participate for 4 gameweeks, then you will be disqualified from the competition and you will be withdrawn from the table.
-There must be no more than 3 players from one team in your WHOLE MATCHDAY SQUAD. If you have more than 3 players from one team in your matchday squad, then you will be docked 5 points for every player you have over.
-There will be 1 bonus question made for each week, if you get correct, then you earn an EXTRA 20 POINTS onto your overall total. Some may be multiple choice or just single answer questions.
-PLEASE BE AWARE: If we can successfully open his new Dream League, I will be putting as much time and effort as I can of my spare time into this league, so please be respectful and if you are going to join, then please join and no mucking about please. I will notify on this page if I'm away on any dates.

Points Scoring System:

Team Captain - Points are doubled at the end of the gameweek.
Appearance - Your player receives 2 points at the end of the gameweek.
Sub appearance - Your player receives 1 point at the end of the gameweek.
Goal - Your player receives 5 points for every goal.
Assist - Your player receives 3 points for every assist.
Clean Sheet (Goalkeepers AND Defenders) - Your player receives 5 points.
Goals Conceded (Goalkeepers AND Defenders) - Your player receives -1 point for every goal conceded.
Own Goals - Your player receives -5 points.
Yellow Cards - Your player receives -2 points. (2 yellow cards is equal to a red card)
Red Cards - Your player receives -5 points.

Fixture One (Sat 16 Aug + Sun 17 Aug)

All teams must be handed in by 16th August at 12:00 (Noon)

Man Utd v Swansea
Leicester v Everton
QPR v Hull
Stoke v Aston Villa
West Brom v Sunderland
West Ham v Tottenham
Arsenal v Crystal Palace
Liverpool v Southampton
Newcastle v Man City

League Table (Current Participants):

FootballLight
Crimey
Fernando

Last edited by FootballLight on Sun 10 Aug 2014, 11:29 am; edited 3 times in total

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

*** Premier League Dream League! *** Empty Re: *** Premier League Dream League! ***

Post by Crimey Thu 07 Aug 2014, 1:34 pm

Why not do it the way other Dream Teams do in that you submit a team and that teams stays the same unless you make changes and then limit the changes?

That way there's a lot less effort involved.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

*** Premier League Dream League! *** Empty Re: *** Premier League Dream League! ***

Post by FootballLight Thu 07 Aug 2014, 2:04 pm

Yeah ok. If it is less effort and brings more people in, then we could try that. I'm all up for suggestions.

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 07 Aug 2014, 2:06 pm

I think it would make things interesting, and have a January transfer window where you replace one player thumbsup

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 07 Aug 2014, 2:07 pm

I was thinking more you get say 2 changes a week.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Thu 07 Aug 2014, 2:09 pm

Subs aren't needed either

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Thu 07 Aug 2014, 2:13 pm

Well, actually, what I was thinking was keep it the same, because people are likely to change their starting 11 and subs each week. However, I can put a cap on how many changes you make each time you post a starting 11. Otherwise, it just becomes more demanding for me, as people might use the excuse "I'll use the same team as last week" at the last second, which isn't what I'd want, nor the rest that are putting in the effort. However, lets see what others think first.

The January Transfer Window is what it is. People will certainly be turning out to changing their starting 11 week after week in that month, as a lot of players will be coming and going from their teams. But, I'm all for suggestions, which ever one's I feel I like the most or some people agree with, then I'll make the changes. It's just the basic structure.

Subs might not be needed but they are there just to gain extra points. I'll put the points scoring system up in a moment, then we can make any altercations to that as we go along. We do have the rest of the week to finish things off here, get some members involved and hopefully, have people sending me their teams through by the start of next week. I know, I should have put this up on Monday, but I just didn't have the time then, but I do now.

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Thu 07 Aug 2014, 2:15 pm

But I do like your idea Crimey, even if it could put that extra workload on me, I'm happy to make the changes you are. But I feel people should be allowed to change more than 2 players, should be 3. I'll make it that, like I aid, this is just the build-up stage.

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Thu 07 Aug 2014, 2:31 pm

Made some changes to the rules and added the points scoring system. OK

Please inform me if I have missed anything and please suggest anything you feel is necessary and I will be on later to answer them.

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 07 Aug 2014, 3:02 pm

I think it actually puts less work on you, rather than make people tell you they're not changing it. Just save a word document with everybody's teams in it and then if anybody wants to change, you can just change in that document.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Thu 07 Aug 2014, 6:42 pm

Yeah I suppose. I'll be doing that anyway, so there shouldn't be a problem there. I just need to find players that are interested in joining. Any of you chaps interested?

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 08 Aug 2014, 7:18 am

I could be.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 08 Aug 2014, 11:44 am

I am.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Fri 08 Aug 2014, 5:29 pm

Wouldn't mind doing me a favour would you Crimey? Could you just try to gather up some members you might know on here to see if they are interested in joining? I'm just hopefully we can get at least 10 people to be committed to this league, then we should be ok.

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Fri 08 Aug 2014, 5:34 pm

I'll leave it up to you westisbest.

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 08 Aug 2014, 5:57 pm

FootballLight wrote:Wouldn't mind doing me a favour would you Crimey? Could you just try to gather up some members you might know on here to see if they are interested in joining? I'm just hopefully we can get at least 10 people to be committed to this league, then we should be ok.

Will give it a go.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 08 Aug 2014, 7:12 pm

Ill take part seems an easier version of a fantasy football really.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Sun 10 Aug 2014, 11:27 am

Thanks Crimey. OK

Your welcome to join Fernando, that's what I'm hoping it will be as well for the majority of people. I know that you know some people around the Sports Gaming board, would you mind asking a couple of them to see if they are committed to maybe giving this a go?

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Wed 13 Aug 2014, 1:22 pm

So I guess we have 3 members so far taking part in this league, well that's seems great. Hopefully we'll get some more people before the start of the new season. I know I put this up late, but I am hoping for much more of commitment than this from people on 606v2. But if it doesn't interest everyone, I can't do anything about that, I just hope that we can get 7 more people to join here.

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 13 Aug 2014, 8:14 pm

dont we have fantasy football for this kind of thing, seems like a whole load of hard work that someone else can already do for you

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Thu 14 Aug 2014, 4:18 pm

Should be easier considering you are apart of 606v2 anyway. Its just as easy to log on here, post a changed/team and then leave it again. That's no harder on anything else. So there is no harder work there really. Yes, it might just be the same as all the others, but its on 606v2 instead.

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 14 Aug 2014, 4:22 pm

Why not just create a league on premierleague.com, put the details here and then everyone can join. Certainly less hassle than doing this.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down