The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

14/15 Liverpool FC Thread - Luis who?

+28
liverbnz
westisbest
Kenny
Stella
Dolphin Ziggler
dyrewolfe
Fernando
LastDamnation
TRUSSMAN66
lfc91
Hero
Gerry SA
LivinginItaly
Josiah Maiestas
nadeem2099
hampo17
Duty281
compelling and rich
Scrumpy
kingraf
Ent
Hulking_up
NickisBHAFC
Soldier_Of_Fortune
TheCultOfPersonality
nasisillmatic
Good Golly I'm Olly
Crimey
32 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

14/15 Liverpool FC Thread - Luis who? - Page 2 Empty 14/15 Liverpool FC Thread - Luis who?

Post by Crimey Wed 13 Aug 2014, 8:33 pm

First topic message reminder :

Considering how fantastic last year was, this season will be a lot less fun but with a lot less heartbreak at the end.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

14/15 Liverpool FC Thread - Luis who? - Page 2 Empty Re: 14/15 Liverpool FC Thread - Luis who?

Post by compelling and rich Mon 22 Sep 2014, 2:43 pm

16 mil could easily tempted swansea for the likes of bony, who i think id rather have other mario. he's never going to be a top player because of his attitude

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

14/15 Liverpool FC Thread - Luis who? - Page 2 Empty Re: 14/15 Liverpool FC Thread - Luis who?

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 22 Sep 2014, 3:15 pm

This made me laugh

14/15 Liverpool FC Thread - Luis who? - Page 2 1411314475842_wps_44_Manchester_United_virals_

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 22 Sep 2014, 3:18 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You had one good season............Just be grateful for that...

Balotelli big mistake.

Only in September.........................Keep Calm.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by LastDamnation Mon 22 Sep 2014, 8:50 pm

Gerry SA wrote:Sturridge and Sterling where living in Suarez's shadow last season. Neither are anywhere near world class and it's showing this season.

Sterling is an absolute class player, arguably the best winger in the league...

LastDamnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Sep 2014, 9:54 pm

LastDamnation wrote:
Gerry SA wrote:Sturridge and Sterling where living in Suarez's shadow last season. Neither are anywhere near world class and it's showing this season.

Sterling is an absolute class player, arguably the best winger in the league...

Sterling is 19 for god's sake, Ronaldo was nothing at 19, just a pure trickster with no end product. Sterling has three goals already this season too. Sturridge has been injured aswell. Pointless post, without these two occupying defences & creating stuff for the Uruguayan, Suarez would of not been as successful.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 23 Sep 2014, 2:41 pm

Anfield Stadium Expansion Approved by 5-1 Vote

Planned work on Main Stand to start Jan 15, expansion to be completed for Aug 16..

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Sep 2014, 4:38 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You had one good season............Just be grateful for that...

Balotelli big mistake.

Only in September.........................Keep Calm.
Sounds like a bitter Jennifer Aniston warning Angelina Jolie about Brad Pitt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Sep 2014, 10:36 pm

Mignolet is terrible

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 23 Sep 2014, 10:40 pm

BIG WIN IN ROUND THREE OF THE RESERVE TEAM CUP
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 23 Sep 2014, 10:44 pm

Olly wrote:BIG WIN IN ROUND THREE OF THE RESERVE TEAM CUP

Shouldn't try banter people when you've lost to Shrewsbury angel Atleast we lost to Southampton's 1st XI

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Tue 23 Sep 2014, 10:54 pm

Another disaster of a performance in my eyes. I understand we won which is great, but some of the mistakes from Liverpool was beyond belief!

Defence looked hideous as it always has this season, teams will always get plenty of chances against us from set pieces as long as our defenders can't mark and we have the liability in nets.. I wonder what it would take to get toure banned from anfield for life, he's absolutely stealing a living as a pro footballer, isn't fit to draw the lines on the pitch at anfield!

Must be painful for Rodgers to watch this from his players..

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Sep 2014, 11:13 am

Second half of extra time was about the only period in the game when we showed a glimpse of last year's good football. The potential for it is obviously there but there seems to be a mental blockage with some players and Rodgers will need to ring that Sports psychologist Steve Whatisface and see if he fancies a bit of over-time. Lambert was poor again. Lallana needs to start gambling a little more and the front men need to get into the box and leave the wide men to knock balls in.

Surreal night all in all and whilst a win is a win, I'll be damned if I can sit through much more of that sort of football.

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 24 Sep 2014, 12:23 pm

Well it would hardly be the first time a PL side has underestimated a lower league side, would it?

I thought Boro more than played their part in an epic match, creating a little bit of history in the process.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 24 Sep 2014, 12:24 pm

I was three last night, proper tired in work today. Sort of jinx it when I said to Miss Fortune on my way out 'I hope it doesn't go to extra time and pens' Doh

We were poor yesterday, game changed when Suso came on, shame that Suso looks to be on his way to Milan aswell...

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 24 Sep 2014, 12:35 pm

Suso impressed me when we played you last year at the Carra

Looked a handy little player
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Wed 24 Sep 2014, 12:44 pm

Yeah suso has always been a favourite of mine, no idea what Rodgers has against him! Would have been a better option than Lallana for the last few games as he was clearly lacking fitness. Last night was the first time I've been anywhere close to impressed by Lallana.

Ballotelli has been really disappointing too. Don't know what I actually expected from such a hit and miss player but he doesn't seem to fit into our style of play at all.(Or to be specific what our style of play used to be, because it certainly hasn't been this season!). He wants far to much time on the ball, doing stupid tricks and fake passes, which slows out game right down...which is the opposite of what we were best at last year! Lambert has a mare as well, could pass 5 yards most of the night! Anyone know if sturridge will be fit for Everton??

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Wed 24 Sep 2014, 12:45 pm

Couldnt**

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 24 Sep 2014, 3:38 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:I was three last night, proper tired in work today. Sort of jinx it when I said to Miss Fortune on my way out 'I hope it doesn't go to extra time and pens' Doh

We were poor yesterday, game changed when Suso came on, shame that Suso looks to be on his way to Milan aswell...

Happy birthday for yesterday SOF

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 24 Sep 2014, 3:43 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:I was three last night, proper tired in work today. Sort of jinx it when I said to Miss Fortune on my way out 'I hope it doesn't go to extra time and pens' Doh

always thought he was pretty childish

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 24 Sep 2014, 7:38 pm

Think Lambert is lacking fitness, been playing almost constantly for years so must be hard to stay fit with such little game time.

Balotelli was never going to work and I don't think it ever will. Too slow, not a good enough dribbler and too petulant.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 24 Sep 2014, 8:29 pm

Crimey wrote:Think Lambert is lacking fitness, been playing almost constantly for years so must be hard to stay fit with such little game time.

Balotelli was never going to work and I don't think it ever will. Too slow, not a good enough dribbler and too petulant.

I'm going the other way, he won't work because there isn't enough creativity in the midfield. Balotelli is a finisher, and if we create chances for him he will score goals, however it appears that International midfielders don't appear to be able to create him one clear cut chance.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 24 Sep 2014, 8:35 pm

Gotta have some form of movement to help create these chances, Baloteli's isn't anywhere near good enough
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 24 Sep 2014, 8:36 pm

It would help if he ever got into good positions, he's too eager to drop deeper to get on the ball without having the talent on the ball to actually affect things. His movement is so, so poor.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 24 Sep 2014, 8:38 pm

He drops deep to get the ball, how frustrating must it be to watch the midfielders consistently lose the ball in the final third time after time? If he didn't come deep to get the ball people would just say the exact opposite. Frustrating enough for the fans, never mind playing as the lone striker. He's had a decent scoring record everywhere he's been and writing him off at such an early stage is ridiculous.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 24 Sep 2014, 8:41 pm

I didn't want him to sign and maintain that his first few games have already shown exactly why it was a bad signing. It was a panic buy from the club and Rodgers who were desperate for a big name signing.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 25 Sep 2014, 6:19 am

Yeah he was a last minute buy, but you needed a striker, and outside of Ronnie, Falcao, and Messi, anyone else you bough would have been a step back. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, in the same vein, a genuinely world class forward on the team sheet is better than £75m to go looking for one.

With that said, quite harsh on Balotelli, ooh he hasn't slotted in seamlessly after his month. Absolute concrete proof that he never will... I suppose one can and will ignore the fact that Suárez only had four goals at the end of his first half season at 'Pool, and followed it up with an electrifying 11 goals in 31 league matches in his first full season. Balotelli isn't gonna give you Suárez numbers. He's way too moody, and needs the mood to take for him to fire, but it's quite early to be crucifying him, wouldnt you say?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 25 Sep 2014, 11:11 am

Have to agree with Raf on this one.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 25 Sep 2014, 11:13 am

compelling and rich wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:

always thought he was pretty childish

Laugh unfortunately and 3 & 0 next Birthday picard

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Sep 2014, 12:41 pm

3 and 0 added together still makes 3................

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 25 Sep 2014, 12:57 pm

I think the problem with comparisons with Suarez is that it wasn't Suarez's goals that actually put him on the map, from his first game he had an incredible work-rate and creativity that hadn't been seen. His goalscoring was actually a very welcome bonus when he finally started to find the back of the net. Balotelli on the other hand has neither the work-rate, the creativity or the movement even if he can score a similar amount to the early Suarez.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Sep 2014, 1:54 pm

This is the issue Rodgers faces. Can he instill a greater work ethic into Balotelli and in fact the team as a whole?

Look at West Ham, look at Leicester, look at MK Dons, look at Middlesborough. Without wanting to disparage those teams, on paper they didn't have the ability of Man Utd or Liverpool but have beaten them/given them a run for their money with a superior work rate and ethic. They harried, hassled, fought and out-worked the "bigger teams" and that drive and passion seems to be the missing ingredient at Liverpool at the moment.

Suarez is something of a freak of nature when it comes to football and we won't see his like for many a year at Anfield but his legacy should be one of hard work, hard work and more hard work and anyone wearing the shirt could do a damn sight worse that try emulate that aspect of his game.

Sooner rather than later though, boys!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Thu 25 Sep 2014, 2:13 pm

Daniel Agger has been hugely missed, then with Mignolet letting it soft goals it's harder to compete. Kolo is miles past it if I was the pool manager I'd have kept Coates over him. We won't know until Nov/Dec how the top 4 will be looking, still too early to panic.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 25 Sep 2014, 2:14 pm

Half the problem might be the fact that, on paper, your team without Suarez and the injured Sturridge isnt that good. Take this weekend: Borini, Lucas, Gerrard, Lovren, Mignolet, Manquillo. None of them make me think "Poopie, we'll be overwhelmed". Even Moreno, Skrtel and bringing on Lallana and Lambert doesnt make you shake.

Sterling, Sturridge and Suarez are top notch, Henderson is a good player but isnt going to carry the team without its stars. Balotelli is world class but only on occasions. I think we'd have looked at your team sheet on Saturday and thought "shackle Sterling and we win this game".

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Sep 2014, 2:21 pm

To be fair, outside of City and Chelsea, no-one looks at a team sheet and thinks "Oh bloody Hell" so we're not alone in that respect

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 26 Sep 2014, 12:22 pm

Got me ticket to the Derby Yahoo

My friend has to work away this weekend and she said I could have it for face value.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 26 Sep 2014, 1:21 pm

DAVE667 wrote:To be fair, outside of City and Chelsea, no-one looks at a team sheet and thinks "Oh bloody Hell" so we're not alone in that respect

To some extent I agree, but I do think Liverpool have lost so much of the fear factor now Suarez has gone. Liverpool, on paper, are weaker than United and Arsenal now. What they do have is a settled manager and squad with momentum from last year.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Sep 2014, 3:16 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:To be fair, outside of City and Chelsea, no-one looks at a team sheet and thinks "Oh bloody Hell" so we're not alone in that respect

To some extent I agree, but I do think Liverpool have lost so much of the fear factor now Suarez has gone. Liverpool, on paper, are weaker than United and Arsenal now. What they do have is a settled manager and squad with momentum from last year.
But United have a tactical genius at the helm and Arsenal have the infallible Mr Wenger so they're better than us.

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 29 Sep 2014, 10:21 am

DAVE667 wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:

But United have a tactical genius at the helm and Arsenal have the infallible Mr Wenger so they're better than us.

nope the league table does that for us raspberry raspberry

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Sep 2014, 12:39 pm

Aye, you can't argue with the stats or facts can you? Anyway, good luck for your upcoming midweek Champions League game...oh wait...........

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 29 Sep 2014, 12:59 pm

compelling and rich laughing

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 29 Sep 2014, 1:45 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Aye, you can't argue with the stats or facts can you? Anyway, good luck for your upcoming midweek Champions League game...oh wait...........

jesus we've only been out one year, remind me again how your champions league campaigns have been going in recent years? oh wait..................

one year wonders you lot, or was this year going to be your year.........again Laugh

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 29 Sep 2014, 1:55 pm

picard I think Man U must have won a game on the weekend.... Laugh

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Sep 2014, 2:06 pm

That rock they crawl out of will be getting revolving doors fitted....

jesus we've only been out one year,

...and counting...anyway, I'm only Jesus on weekends

Anyway, disappointed with the result on Saturday (some days you just got to tip your hat and say with gritted teeth "Nice strike mate!" like Gerrard did at the full time whistle) but very pleased with the improvement in the team overall. Lallana seemed to have got his act together a bit more, much better passing and movement in attack and the return of Sturridge should also see a further improvement. Balotelli also improving but disappointed with his play acting. Henderson getting better with every game....

Defence relatively solid but it's undoubtedly going to be squeaky bum time at every set piece and whenever there's five minutes left to play if it's tied or we have a one goal lead. Still plenty of time for things to click into place but would sooner rather than later eh boys?

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 29 Sep 2014, 3:16 pm

This isn't meant to be a dig at Heskey, or Balotelli for that matter, but to me they're quite similar, in the fact they're strong, hold it up, can be good in the air, and will score a few (not loads) goals. So, to cut a long story short, will the £16m man be any better for you than Heskey was?
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 29 Sep 2014, 3:32 pm

Stella wrote:This isn't meant to be a dig at Heskey, or Balotelli for that matter, but to me they're quite similar, in the fact they're strong, hold it up, can be good in the air, and will score a few (not loads) goals. So, to cut a long story short, will the £16m man be any better for you than Heskey was?

Hopefully......

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 02 Oct 2014, 11:54 am

And the Balotelli crusade is underway from the media

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11135027/Brendan-Rodgers-said-signing-Mario-Balotelli-was-no-brainer-but-really-hes-doing-Liverpools-brains-in.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2777580/Mario-Balotelli-Danny-Welbeck-moved-16million-point-prove-evidence-suggests-Arsenal-bargain-Liverpool-trouble.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2777112/Mario-Balotelli-snubs-Brendan-Rodgers-orders-applaud-Liverpool-fans-Champions-League-defeat-Basle.html

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu 02 Oct 2014, 4:59 pm

liverpool fans being very touchy with me, its not my fault your one and only season in the champions league is going to be a massive failure Whistle

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 5:23 pm

Given people don't rate our chances anyway, the only way it could be deemed a failure is if we were so poor that after three games they gave our spot to Everton and let them take over instead.

Many predict (quite rightly on current form) we'll be lucky to get out of the group so if we do get knocked out we've lived up to everyone's expectations.

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu 02 Oct 2014, 5:25 pm

when the draw was made you had to be happy, you have a better team than basel who are solid but no world beaters, most had you going through second anything else would have be a failure

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 5:40 pm

People based our passage through the group stages on the belief that we would be replicating last season's form. Had we played like we did last season and still lost, it would be a disappointment but this result seems par for the course

Basel have previously beaten Spurs, Chelsea (twice) and Man Utd. They clearly no mugs, coupled with our abject start to the season, the feeling is that we need to get our sh!t together and quite rapidly otherwise failure will be a forgone conclusion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next