The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fight Night Thread - Stub Hub - SPOILERS

+38
Sugar Boy Sweetie
88Chris05
ONETWOFOREVER
Marky
All Time Great
Gerry SA
Valero's Conscience
monzon
compelling and rich
hogey
tunes666
Rowley
Derbymanc
Pound-for-Pound
DuransHorse
Dipper Brown
TopHat24/7
3fingers
Yojimbonufc
spencerclarke
trottb
John Bloody Wayne
Inventing Johnson Klute
Incrediblexman
BoomBoomBaby
Duty281
Strongback
owen10ozzy
Hammersmith harrier
aja424
Brys
catchweight
milkyboy
kingraf
Happytravelling
bellchees
Bellz84
mobilemaster8
42 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Fight Night Thread - Stub Hub - SPOILERS Empty Fight Night Thread - Stub Hub - SPOILERS

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 17 Aug - 2:51

Evening/Morning Gents.

Just watching the Lightweight Title Clash between Figueroa and Estrada and what a scrap it is.....KNOCKDOWN!!!

And Figueroa wins with flurry of shots.

Great fight.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Fight Night Thread - Stub Hub - SPOILERS Empty Re: Fight Night Thread - Stub Hub - SPOILERS

Post by Bellz84 Sun 17 Aug - 2:58

Great fight indeed. Figueroa looked good, first time I've watched him fight, but looks talented. Closer to the main event now. Come on special one!

Bellz84

Back to top Go down

Fight Night Thread - Stub Hub - SPOILERS Empty Re: Fight Night Thread - Stub Hub - SPOILERS

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 17 Aug - 3:01

Same as me. Never seen him fight before but looked powerful. On about stepping up to 140lbs as well.

I have a feeling Direll will look to knock Bika out in their rematch. He had him down in December and had him hurt on a few occasions...should be good.

Main event SHOULD be a tear up....but if Brook is as special or as talented as most think, he should stay composed and grind out a UD or LKO.

I'm going with porter for now....but I'd like to be proved wrong.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellz84 Sun 17 Aug - 3:11

Yeah I'd agree, Dirrell will be looking to make sure this time. Bika's a good fighter, but predictable.

As for Porter-Brook, could go either way imo. Just how good is Porter really? He beat Alexander, but Alexander may have underestimated. He blew Paulie away, but when you know someone can't hurt you, you can take chances. Kell was hurt by Senchenko so Porter should be able to hurt him, but Kell has way more power than malignaggi so Porter is less likely to go gung ho and there's always a chance Kell may be able to hurt Porter. Interesting fight and will tell us a lot about both fighters. I think Brook can do it!

Bellz84

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 17 Aug - 3:22

This rematch has been dirty and scrappy so far. Bika crude. Direll is quick but he is trying too hard to land "That" shot.

Yeh I think porter and brook are similar in terms of how much we know at world leverl. Porter has the better wins against two decent operators....Brook hasn't reached that level yet.

Tonight he will.

50/50 fight but think Porter stops him. Could be wrong.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Sun 17 Aug - 3:50

This Bika match is a real stinker.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sun 17 Aug - 4:01

Figuero fight was good.

But Bika Dirrell is a stinker. Groves would have both of them out there, one after the other, by round 6. Dirrell, and his bro, are talented but lack something. This bro has a predictable fighter in front of him and has made hard work of it. Bika is durable but there to be hit.

Really glad I'm just still awake to see the headline. I'm usually fall asleep at this point, just short of the main event.

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 17 Aug - 4:17

Glad you made it to the final bell Happy.

Well....here is kell......minutes away now to see if the hype from Sheffield is legitimate.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sun 17 Aug - 4:24

So am I. Way too many US fights I get right to the support act and fall asleep just before the main event!

Looking forward to this one. 50:50 fight but optimistically thinking Kell could do this.

What did you think of the Dirrell v Bika fight?

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 17 Aug - 4:27

10-9 Porter... but Brook caught Him flush there, might convince the judges.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 17 Aug - 4:28

Dominic Ingle exhausted, taking in some water.

Last edited by kingraf on Sun 17 Aug - 4:30; edited 1 time in total
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 17 Aug - 4:28

Brooks shots cleaner, porter busier. Lively first round

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Sun 17 Aug - 4:28

I think that shot right on the bell stunned him, best shot of the round which makes it a tough one to score as the rest of the round was Porter.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sun 17 Aug - 4:31

Thought it was an even round but can see how you see it 10-9 to Porter on work rate.

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 17 Aug - 4:31

Shame about the cut, shaping up nicely

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 17 Aug - 4:31

10-9 Brook, but that eye could become a bullseye.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Sun 17 Aug - 4:32

I'd give the 2nd to Brook, landing the better stuff. I think he's gonna walk Porter onto something big and stop him.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sun 17 Aug - 4:35

Do you think Porter can sustain this?

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 17 Aug - 4:35

Brooks third,

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 17 Aug - 4:35

10-9 Porter. The busier of the two, in a round where not much clean landed.

Last edited by kingraf on Sun 17 Aug - 4:36; edited 1 time in total
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Sun 17 Aug - 4:35

Happytravelling wrote:Do you think Porter can sustain this?

He'll need to, if it slows down it will really suit Brook, tough 3rd to score.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 17 Aug - 4:38

Happy, he usually does, but I can't see him maintaining the level of intensity.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 17 Aug - 4:39

Porters fourth

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Sun 17 Aug - 4:39

Much better 4th for Porter

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 17 Aug - 4:40

10-9 Porter... really is attritional this.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 17 Aug - 4:41

Its a bit of a butt ugly fight so far if Im being honest.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 17 Aug - 4:41

So after four pounds, I have it 39-37 Porter. You lads?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 17 Aug - 4:43

I suppose that's Brook's round.
48-47 Porter
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Sun 17 Aug - 4:44

My god Porter is messy and awkward to watch, probably his 5th, got Porter 1 up.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 17 Aug - 4:44

Got porter 1 round up after 5. Very scrappy.

Brooks jab against porter body work and aggression.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 17 Aug - 4:44

Closer than the nick and jim show would have you believe, but maybe with home judging they could be right. Looks like the porter body shots are breaking brook down, lost the snap in his punches.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 17 Aug - 4:45

I hope Porter can keep this up without tiring

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 17 Aug - 4:47

easiest round to score. Porter put together some very good bodywork.
10-9 Porter
58-56 Porter.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Sun 17 Aug - 4:48

Hopefully now Porter is cut he'll stop butting, gave the 6th to Brook.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Brys Sun 17 Aug - 4:51

Porter one up for me after 7 but hell if Porter ain't ugly to watch.

Brys

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Sun 17 Aug - 4:51

Kell is coming in now, hopefully the tide is turning

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Sun 17 Aug - 4:52

That 7th was all Porter but Brook hit him with some good stuff in the last 20 seconds.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 17 Aug - 4:52

Porter beginning to pull away now, then Brook absolutely steals it at the death. Lost about 160 seconds of that round, but he landed some nice punches at the death
10-9 Brook
67-66 Porter
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 17 Aug - 4:52

Porter 1 up after 7 but good shots from brook at end of the round

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 17 Aug - 4:55

For me its a tough competitive fight, but porter's just so busy its hard to score the rounds for brook, he's still in this though, win the 8th for me

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 17 Aug - 4:55

Give it to Porter on work
10-9 Porter
77-75 Porter.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Sun 17 Aug - 4:56

Brooked edged the 8th I think, Porter took a breather. Brook could have done with putting a real stamp on it though and leaving no doubt.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 17 Aug - 4:59

Not sure about this round... but since I was the only idiot who gave Porter the eighth, I'll give Brook this one for parity.
10-9 Brook
86-85 Porter.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Brys Sun 17 Aug - 4:59

Have Brook 1 up after 9. Hard to score, just prefer Brooks cleaner work especially in the last 3 rounds.

Brys

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Sun 17 Aug - 4:59

Another tough one to score, Porter edging it the whole way doing his best Bika impression then Brook lands the only shot of real quality.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 17 Aug - 5:03

Interesting that this fight hasn't gone according to script. Brook hasn't been blown away, Porter isn't fading.

10-9 Brook
95-95
It's on!!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Brys Sun 17 Aug - 5:03

Have Brook 2 up now.

Brys

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Sun 17 Aug - 5:04

Another messy one to score, just Brook maybe. I think Porter's eye is bothering him.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 17 Aug - 5:05

The commentary is a bit off. Porters strength is totally overplayed in this. Hes been busier but actually has found it tough going with Brook who looks bigger and physically just as strong.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Brys Sun 17 Aug - 5:05

Considering how much Porter likes to use his head in those earlier rounds I'm surprised Brook's eye isn't a lot worse.

Brys

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next