The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Points Defended for the rest of the year

+5
summerblues
LuvSports!
Born Slippy
lydian
invisiblecoolers
9 posters

Go down

Points Defended for the rest of the year Empty Points Defended for the rest of the year

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun 17 Aug 2014 - 23:57

To Start with

1]World No.1 - Novak Djokovic

5520, a Whopping lot of points to defend, the only place I can see him score more points is USO by winning the title.

2]World No.2 - Nadal

5025 , this points are not the latest reflection after Cincy and its before Cincy, No wonder HawkEye is already worried about it.

So the defense includes 1000 points of Cincinnati and 2000 USO points.

3]World No.3 - Roger Federer

1330 - Federer defending points are corrected. I completely forgot his cincy points in the rankings, thx for the correction, updated now.

4]World No.4 Stan Wawrinka

1665 - Cinci Calculations not udpated yet.

5]World No.9 - Andy Murray

535 points, so yes Andy can make up for the points loss and rankings by the end of the year.

Had Federer pulled a stunning 8th Wimbledon this year he would have no.1 in the Race to London.  Very Happy

Last edited by invisiblecoolers on Mon 18 Aug 2014 - 1:55; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Cincy calculation was ignored, Fed's actual points defended updated now.)

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Points Defended for the rest of the year Empty Re: Points Defended for the rest of the year

Post by lydian Mon 18 Aug 2014 - 0:02

A lot comes down to who goes deepest at USO.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Points Defended for the rest of the year Empty Re: Points Defended for the rest of the year

Post by invisiblecoolers Mon 18 Aug 2014 - 0:24

lydian wrote:A lot comes down to who goes deepest at USO.

+1 , it really makes USO very interesting now.  Wink 

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Mon 18 Aug 2014 - 0:26

"330 - Believe it or not Federer is defending a meare 330 points for the rest of the season, 180 points in USO thats all."

Err, no I don't believe that. He doesn't have much but it's a lot more than that!

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Mon 18 Aug 2014 - 0:29

Let's see. 4th round US open. 3rd round shanghai loss to monfils? Basel final loss to Delpo. Semi's of Paris loss to djoko. 2 wins at the WTF's. He's deffo over 1000 points. Perhaps 1200 or so.

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Mon 18 Aug 2014 - 0:48

Why not just look at the race outright?  After today, the usual site (http://live-tennis.eu/race) shows:

1. Nole - 7430
2. Rafa - 6650
3. Roger - 6160
4. Stan - 5365
9. Andy - 2795

My guess is this shows why Fed did not check out of Cincy earlier.  With Rafa skipping Toronto and Cincy, and Nole bowing out early in both, I suspect Fed is sensing there is an opening to try to reclaim #1 spot one more time.  If he somehow manages to win at the USO, he will be close to #1 in the race, or maybe even at #1, with a friendly portion of the season still to come.

I do not know if he can do it, and I am worried that he may have overextended himself, and instead of improving his chances to reach #1, hurt his chances for the USO.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 18 Aug 2014 - 1:24

If Federer could reclaim #1, even for one week, I'd put it up there as one of his greatest achievements.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by TRuffin Mon 18 Aug 2014 - 1:26

Fed will surely skip Shanghai though with his commitment to dc this year. Someone worked the traveling/time it would take on his website, and I just don't see him doing it. Of course a us open win might change that. He also could still set himself up for a regain of #1 early next year

I still think #1 is djokovic if he is motivated to be so.

TRuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Mon 18 Aug 2014 - 1:53

LuvSports! wrote:Let's see. 4th round US open. 3rd round shanghai loss to monfils? Basel final loss to Delpo. Semi's of Paris loss to djoko. 2 wins at the WTF's. He's deffo over 1000 points. Perhaps 1200 or so.

His current Ranking points - 6670 , tomorrow it would be - 7490

His current Race points - 5160, tomorrow it would be 6160 , so effective points defended are 7490 - 6160 = 1330

So sorry I made the mistake of 1000 points Cincy calcution , he is actually defending 1330 points.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Mon 18 Aug 2014 - 9:04

Yep 1330 points to defend, just checked ATP rankings breakdown too.

BB, don't forget Agassi reclaimed #1 spot too at 33 years old in 2003, still would be one heck of an achievement though. My feeling is that he won't do it, I have a nagging feeling he's overextended himself before USO. I also feel some of the top10-20 will play better as they've all been playing badly as BS stated elsewhere. However, it also comes down to Novak and Rafa...Rafa has just lost 2000pts, he can't afford to lose 2000 more at USO. Novak will continue to be distracted by the impending birth though. Perfect timing for Rodge really...
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by YvonneT Mon 18 Aug 2014 - 10:43

Where does the 535 for Murray come from - I think it's 360 Us Open + 15 Davis Cup play-off. He also has 20 points uncountable because of zero pointers from last year. Not that points to defend comes in to it for him any more - it's all about looking at race points.

YvonneT

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 18 Aug 2014 - 12:09

It sounds ridiculous but the season might start for Murray after the USO. It was damage limitation for half the season, now it's time to win some points back. I wonder if he can pick up a cheap Masters in Shanghai or Paris.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down