The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joshua is sparring with the champ!!!

+4
TopHat24/7
catchweight
milkyboy
azumah HOF
8 posters

Go down

Joshua is sparring with the champ!!! Empty Joshua is sparring with the champ!!!

Post by azumah HOF Tue 19 Aug 2014, 2:09 pm

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/gold-klitschko-sparring-with-joshua-257469

Now this is a great and smart smart move. Joshua ia the first British boxer in a long long time where I am increasingly impressed with the way he is being nurtured and brought along!

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Joshua is sparring with the champ!!! Empty Re: Joshua is sparring with the champ!!!

Post by Guest Tue 19 Aug 2014, 2:57 pm

Cynics will say it's Wlad's way of checking him out so he can either...

A/ Give him a shot whilst he's raw and get him out of the way or
B/ Decide to duck him and retire before he gets to polished

Back to top Go down

Joshua is sparring with the champ!!! Empty Re: Joshua is sparring with the champ!!!

Post by milkyboy Tue 19 Aug 2014, 3:02 pm

Good job we don't know any cynics then Dave!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 19 Aug 2014, 3:27 pm

It makes total sense for Klitschko to scout him out and see what the fuss is. I really hope it doesn't mean hes intending to still be around in 2/3 years time though.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Aug 2014, 3:53 pm

Anyway, chances are Joshua is the best fighter Wlad's been in the ring with for years

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 19 Aug 2014, 3:56 pm

Great for AJ. Sod Wlad's intentions, AJ will learn more from sparring with Wlad and being in his camp than from a lot of his fights, to be honest.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 19 Aug 2014, 5:16 pm

Its a great move from both.

Wlad can test the younger fighter out and get a good idea of how to fight him SHOULD he offer up a fight (which I don;t see happening)

and Joshua gets up close and personal with THEE man in the division. Confidence wise its a massive bonus. Larry Holmes used to spar with Ali and he always talks about how much of a learning curve that was for him.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Tue 19 Aug 2014, 7:09 pm

I think hes chose him as sparring partner as hes the best out there who isnt a potential opponent. Simple as that.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Wed 20 Aug 2014, 8:28 am

Yea cause Wlad has a long history of ducking opponents .. Rolling Eyes 

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 20 Aug 2014, 8:34 am

Bass turd went 38 years avoiding Vitali
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Wed 20 Aug 2014, 1:40 pm

Who was that aimed at Monty? I don't see anyone implying that Wlad ducks opponents?

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down