The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+10
JuliusHMarx
Union Cane
Rowley
Pal Joey
kingraf
rIck_dAgless
superflyweight
88Chris05
Hibbz
ShahenshahG
14 posters

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 13 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Union Cane Fri 15 Aug 2014, 2:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

5. civic
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 13 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by kingraf Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:30 pm

wild oats, nuts, and strawberries for lunch. Feeling good, feeling organic.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 13 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:31 pm

4. Tracey Emin
5. The Daily Bugle

How's that for a broad cultural knowledge.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:31 pm

1 there are 5 recognised tastes that the human body can identify: Sweet, Sour, Salt and Bitter are 4, what is the 5th?
2 How many characters are you restricted to using when "Tweeting" on "Twitter"? 140 - Adam
3 Which British Boxer was often known as " The Ghost with a Hammer in his Hand" - Jimmy Wilde - Tino
4 Which Artist once sparked controversy with an Installation piece entitled "My Bed" Tracey Emin - Tino
5 The Alter Ego of Spider Man, Peter Parker, works for which ficticious Newspaper? The Daily Bugle - Jules
6 What kind of Geographical feature is a Drumlin?
7 "Black Bart" was a disasterous pilot for a sit-com based on which 1974 film?
8 Where is Richard 1 aka Richard the Lionheart buried?

Last edited by rick_dagless on Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:32 pm; edited 2 times in total

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:31 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Here is the harder one

1 there are 5 recognised tastes that the human body can identify: Sweet, Sour, Salt and Bitter are 4, what is the 5th?
2 How many characters are you restricted to using when "Tweeting" on "Twitter"?
3 Which British Boxer was often known as " The Ghost with a Hammer in his Hand" - Jimmy Wilde - Tino
4 Which Artist once sparked controversy with an Installation piece entitled "My Bed"
5 The Alter Ego of Spider Man, Peter Parker, works for which ficticious Newspaper?

1. Spunk
2. 140
4. Tracey Emin
5. Daily Bugle
6. A lagoon
7. To sir with love
8. Leicester

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:32 pm

rick_dagless wrote:

seanmichaels wrote: spunk?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:37 pm

kingraf wrote:wild oats, nuts, and strawberries for lunch. Feeling good, feeling organic.

Raf, was reading cricket thread the other day and see you were in Singapore. Did you play Melbourne CC? Mate who plays for them was putting up pics of ground on Facbook. Looked a stunning venue.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:37 pm

1. is Eranu or Uvavu, or something like that.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:41 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:

seanmichaels wrote: spunk?

Tophat wrote: Hot Dog stuffed crust pizza?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:45 pm

2 How many characters are you restricted to using when "Tweeting" on "Twitter"? 140 - Adam
4 Which Artist once sparked controversy with an Installation piece entitled "My Bed" Tracey Emin - Tino
5 The Alter Ego of Spider Man, Peter Parker, works for which ficticious Newspaper? The Daily Bugle - Jules

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:46 pm

1. Umavi
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:46 pm

Close Union

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:50 pm

I have just given myself a big pat on the back. Quoted £500ish to get discs and brake pads done. Decided to do them myself, parts came in just shy of £100. Just sailed through the MOT.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:51 pm

Rick, I got Richard the 1st one right?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:52 pm

sean wrote:Rick, I got Richard the 1st one right?

where did you say?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:54 pm

rick_dagless wrote:
sean wrote:Rick, I got Richard the 1st one right?

where did you say?

Oh bugger, I said a car park in leicester which is wrong. That's the other Dick.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:54 pm

Yup sorry mate...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:56 pm

Michaels we played a visiting Australian team, not sure it was Melbourne though. Was a youth tournament.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 29 Aug 2014, 2:08 pm

seanmichaels wrote:I have just given myself a big pat on the back. Quoted £500ish to get discs and brake pads done. Decided to do them myself, parts came in just shy of £100. Just sailed through the MOT next set of red lights I come to.

Fixed that for you

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 29 Aug 2014, 2:13 pm

1. Merumi
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 29 Aug 2014, 2:14 pm

1 there are 5 recognised tastes that the human body can identify: Sweet, Sour, Salt and Bitter are 4, what is the 5th? Umami - Raf (thank F&% for that)
7 "Black Bart" was a disasterous pilot for a sit-com based on which 1974 film? Blazing Saddles - superFW

Last edited by rick_dagless on Fri 29 Aug 2014, 2:33 pm; edited 3 times in total

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 29 Aug 2014, 2:19 pm

1 - umami

Didn't any of you do biology?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 29 Aug 2014, 2:19 pm

kingraf wrote:Michaels we played a visiting Australian team, not sure it was Melbourne though. Was a youth tournament.

He's 23ish? Thought that was your age. Big tall batsmen 6'7ish. Scored a 1000 runs for us in 2009

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 29 Aug 2014, 2:32 pm

7. Blazing Saddles.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 29 Aug 2014, 2:35 pm

I'm a few years younger. Might have faced him in that case. Only batted about two overs vs the Aussies... Did they have an Asian spinner? chopped on to one vs them.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 29 Aug 2014, 2:37 pm

Not sure. He plays for Melbourne CC 1sts. They have Adam Dale as player coach.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 29 Aug 2014, 2:44 pm

Right I am off I will leave you to work out the other 2.

Have a good weekend lads

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 29 Aug 2014, 2:48 pm

Nah then i don't think it was them... maybe they faced another local team... The Singapore CC twenty20 was also running.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 29 Aug 2014, 2:51 pm

Has Rick gone? If so a drumlin is a small hill, and Richard the Lionheart is buried in France, the name of the place escapes me.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 29 Aug 2014, 3:00 pm

Rowley wrote:Has Rick gone? If so a drumlin is a small hill, and Richard the Lionheart is buried in France, the name of the place escapes me.

France - you just said it.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 29 Aug 2014, 3:35 pm

Rowley wrote:Has Rick gone? If so a drumlin is a small hill, and Richard the Lionheart is buried in France, the name of the place escapes me.

Even though you googled it you are wrong Dick 1st heart was sent to Notre Dame in Rouen. The rest of his body is in Fontrvenaud or something like that in yorkshire.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 29 Aug 2014, 3:37 pm

actually i can't google as well.

Richard's heart was buried at Rouen in Normandy, his entrails in Châlus (where he died), and the rest of his body at the feet of his father at Fontevraud Abbey in Anjou.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 29 Aug 2014, 3:37 pm

Had I googled it Sean, am reasonably confident I would have got it right.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 29 Aug 2014, 3:40 pm

Richard and his Lionheart went separate ways.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 29 Aug 2014, 3:42 pm

seanmichaels wrote:actually i can't google as well.

If it makes you feel any better, you google better than you use the quote function.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 29 Aug 2014, 4:26 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Richard and his Lionheart went separate ways.

That's right - body in Tours (or some town nearby) heart in Rouen isn't it?

Ah, sorry sean. See you've already answered it above.

Who was his body buried next to?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 29 Aug 2014, 4:49 pm

The f*cking DM mods are evn more prone to Jong-ilish censorship than the ones on this site - had an insightful and interesting piece on hunting meerkats pulled due to the complaints it received.  Wouldn't normally give a toss but I put a lot of thought into it, even put in some of Wingrove's thought.  F*cking planks - didn't even break any of their house rules apart from being irrelevant and offensive, pretty minor crimes compared to the majority of drivel that gets posted on there.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 29 Aug 2014, 4:51 pm

Galted wrote:The f*cking DM mods are evn more prone to Jong-ilish censorship than the ones on this site - had an insightful and interesting piece on hunting meerkats pulled due to the complaints it received.  Wouldn't normally give a toss but I put a lot of thought into it, even put in some of Wingrove's thought.  F*cking planks - didn't even break any of their house rules apart from being irrelevant and offensive, pretty minor crimes compared to the majority of drivel that gets posted on there.

W*nkers.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 29 Aug 2014, 4:54 pm

I would offer sympathy for your plight Galted, but as there is an insult of the moderation team on here in there, which is by extension a criticism of me, you, like rick before you, can go get f*cked.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 29 Aug 2014, 4:57 pm

Thanks, Jeff, sympathy accepted.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 29 Aug 2014, 4:58 pm

Yeah, Galted, go f*ck yourself.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 29 Aug 2014, 5:00 pm

Thanks, Union.

Julius?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 29 Aug 2014, 5:04 pm

I'm waiting, Julius.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 29 Aug 2014, 5:06 pm

It actually happened yesterday. Was hoping for the v2 conversation to move in the right direction so I could ease it in but then I thought "f*ck it".

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 29 Aug 2014, 5:16 pm

@ Tino, I think it's absolutely spiffing that you're well and hope your missus gets better soon.

Have you beheaded anyone recently?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 29 Aug 2014, 5:17 pm

I love you Galted.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 29 Aug 2014, 5:19 pm

Sorry to end this vigorous discussion but I'm off to the Tate modern to make caustic comments about the exhibits which are bound to be pretentious sh1te (the exhibits, not my comments which are bound to be brutal yet thought-provoking).

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 29 Aug 2014, 5:19 pm

PS I love you too, Julius. Not more than life itself but definitely more than Tino and Jeff combined.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 29 Aug 2014, 5:21 pm

I wish I could come with you Galted.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 29 Aug 2014, 5:22 pm

I wish you could too.  We could say "rubbish" and "load of b0llocks" together, even if we thought the piece was ok.

Last edited by Galted on Fri 29 Aug 2014, 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : it's "bollocks", not fucking "love sacks")

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 29 Aug 2014, 5:25 pm

We could. That would be brutal yet thought-provoking.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next