The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andre Ward Loses Again

+9
Qoxiivi
TopHat24/7
AlexHuckerby
mobilemaster8
ONETWOFOREVER
owen10ozzy
DuransHorse
TRUSSMAN66
catchweight
13 posters

Go down

Andre Ward Loses Again Empty Andre Ward Loses Again

Post by catchweight Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:55 am

It three straight defeats on the bounce for Andre Ward as a Californian Court has ruled against him in his action against promoter Dan Goosen. This is third legal case in a row Ward has lost in his attempt to free himself from Goosen. Goosen has also filed a 10 million lawsuit at Andre Ward which will likely see him back in the courtroom in the near future. Chances of him fighting in 2014 are slim.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Andre Ward Loses Again Empty Re: Andre Ward Loses Again

Post by Guest Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:06 am

Ward should drop the lawsuits, continue to fight under Goosen and then allow himself to get KO'd in the first round of his comeback fight, Goosen will be so distraught, he'll drop Andre like a bad habit.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:24 am

If we are frustrated...The Lord only knows how Andre feels...

He'll need to fight soon to pay the rent..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:31 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:If we are frustrated...The Lord only knows how Andre feels...

I'm sure Andre has some idea too.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:32 am

DAVE667 wrote:

Very good..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:33 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Very good..
Glad you like it...

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:34 am

DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Very good..
Glad you like it...

I'm glad If you're glad..........

Fact remains...Ward Isn't a fighter blessed with huge paydays..........Surely he'll have to fight soon.........and a big name..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:41 am

Ward can't fight until the dispute is resolved. Goosen wants money from Ward but Ward can't earn any money as he won't fight under Goosen and Goosen won't release him from his contract to enable him to earn money to pay Goosen any damages he may win in a Court case....is that right?

Fail to see how this works as a viable relationship, there's mistrust on either side so any issue they resolve is likely to crop up in some form or another. Best thing to do would be to find a judge with a bit of commonsense (hard I know) who orders them to go their separate ways with some form of compensation agreed and then Ward as a free agent can continue to fight and make money even if some of it has to go back to Goosen.

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:44 am

I'd imagine it would be hard to swallow your pride and go back with your tail between your legs after three failed lawsuits, especially when your a serious talent and think that you should be calling the shots.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:41 pm

The fact he has lost 3 on the bounce should say something about whose in the right; yet still Andre will persist in challenging the contract and trying to free himself from it..

I did pull an article up about it a while ago, but essentially Ward's defence was that Goosen wasn't providing fights for him....that went to pot when the promoter then provided numerous pieces of evidence showing he had in fact offered more than a fair few fights to Andre only to have the Super-Middleweight kingpin turn them all down.

Whilst Ward may be talented he couldn't sell a bottle of water to anyone in the middle of drought; sooner he realises this and just swallows his pride and gets into the ring the better.

I'm not sure about S.O.G, he seems to believe he is god himself the way he conducts business...

One of boxing's 'talent gone by the wayside' stories in years to come I feel.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:17 pm

I get the sense Ward fancies himself a bit too much.

All that SOG rubbish just fight and get on with it.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:35 pm

Be interesting to see the list of opponents goosen presented to Ward prior to him rejecting them and then proclaiming nobody had offered a fight.

Would love to see who was on that list of possibilities prior to him running from them....

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:45 pm

I get the feeling Ward is a nightmare to do business with and is out of touch with the reality of his situation.

In the Super 6 he never had to travel outside of the U.S and apart from the Froch fight he had all the fights in California. Dawson was champion of the weight class above and had to both come down in weight and come to Wards backyard.

I get the feeling Ward thought that when he won the Super 6 he would be commanding major paydays and calling the shots as one of the worlds top boxers. I think he thinks that his lack of draw and money making is his promoters fault and he should be making more money. Its so obvious that the two fights he was interested in were Chavez and Froch again because he knew they were good pay days. When these fights didn't materialise I think he blamed his management and wasn't interested in the other names they were coming up with instead.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:59 pm

catchweight wrote:I get the feeling Ward is a nightmare to do business with and is out of touch with the reality of his situation.

In the Super 6 he never had to travel outside of the U.S and apart from the Froch fight he had all the fights in California. Dawson was champion of the weight class above and had to both come down in weight and come to Wards backyard.

I get the feeling Ward thought that when he won the Super 6 he would be commanding major paydays and calling the shots as one of the worlds top boxers. I think he thinks that his lack of draw and money making is his promoters fault and he should be making more money. Its so obvious that the two fights he was interested in were Chavez and Froch again because he knew they were good pay days. When these fights didn't materialise I think he blamed his management and wasn't interested in the other names they were coming up with instead.

Totally agree. Cracking fighter, mind.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:03 am

owen10ozzy wrote:The fact he has lost 3 on the bounce should say something about whose in the right; yet still Andre will persist in challenging the contract and trying to free himself from it..

Speaks to the man's arrogance. As does calling yourself SOG and refusing to move divisions to chase big fights and expecting everyone to come to you (literally) to fight.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:13 am

There's more to the fall out with Goosen that just a failure to get fights. I gather Ward is upset that a guy who had been an important part of Ward's career was frozen out by Goosen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Qoxiivi Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:54 am

The Holy Ghost?

Qoxiivi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:12 pm

No, someone either slightly less (or more) important

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:15 pm

Same old story, business people sucking the raw talent and passion out of it all, he is one of the best in the world, arguably the best and none of us get to see him fight because of some greedy suity..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:15 pm

I dont think the promoter is at fault for this one

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:22 pm

Sports Illustrated article:

All things considered, it's fair to ask: What exactly is Ward's beef? Why would a fighter in the prime of his career risk stalling it?

The crux of Ward's issue with Goossen is this: For the last few years, Ward has been co-promoted by Goossen and Antonio Leonard. Goossen, the face of Goossen-Tutor promotions, has been the front man. Leonard has worked behind the scenes. Leonard has been instrumental in building support for Ward in Oakland. For many Ward fights, Leonard moves to the area a six weeks early, pushing Ward at local events, building his brand at the grassroots level.

In 2011, Ward re-signed with Goossen and Leonard. The two promoters split the signing bonus--$550,000--and agreed to continue sharing the promotional profits. However--and this is where things get a little murky--only Goossen's name was on the promotional agreement. According to Leonard, Goossen agreed to add Leonard to the promotional agreement once he was licensed in California. A December, 2010 email exchange between Goossen and Leonard--a copy of which was obtained by SI.com--show Goossen indicating it would be "no problem" adding Leonard to the paperwork once he was licensed.

Last summer, Ward, believing Leonard and his manager, James Prince, were being excluded from discussions about future fights, went to arbitration to break his contract with Goossen. Ward lost. Then, this: Last fall, Leonard received a California license. He asked Goossen to be added to the agreement. Goossen declined. Last November, Leonard claims that Goossen refused to pay him his share of the promotional revenue from Ward's super middleweight title defense against Edwin Rodriguez, revenue that Leonard estimates to be worth nearly $300,000. Then, Leonard alleges, Goossen informed him he would no longer be sharing any of the profit from Ward's fights.

When asked why he didn't insist on being included in the co-promotional agreement in the first place, Leonard cited a longstanding relationship with Goossen.

"I didn't have a problem with Dan," Leonard told SI.com. "I always felt he was a very trustworthy person. I never thought he wasn't. He said as long as I got my promoters license, I would get what I was supposed to get."

Back to top Go down

Post by Qoxiivi Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:55 pm

Sounds to me like Andre Ward, 30, is ducking Naseem Hamed, 40, just cos Naz, 40, is older than Ward, 30, and this is why Ward, 30, is fighting no one, , for not a title.

Qoxiivi

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:56 pm

If death couldn't defeat the Son of God, what chance the judicial system?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:46 pm

Might be the last we see of Andre Ward.

Goosen's contract has 2/3 years to run. If Ward won't fight, by the time the contract ends, he will be 32/33. However great Ward is, I can't see him being as great after 3 years outside the ring.

He might not be everyone's cup of tea, but the lad has serious talent.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:53 pm

kingraf wrote:If death couldn't defeat the Son of God, what chance the judicial system?
Pontius Pilate saw him off last time and he was never the same after that... went all transcendental and what not

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:44 pm

Only God can promote Andre Ward

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:28 am

I've heard he has been offered a fight with everyone from Middleweight up but has rejected them all stating none will move to his weight class and all refuse to fight in Oakland which he can't fathom, as it is the fight capital of the world after all.

He is now looking for a fight against Jesus himself in a bout being billed as 'Judgement Night: Who Really Is The Son Of God?!'...when pressed on whether he would look to fight the man upstairs himself should he come through this test he declined to comment!

Eddie Hearn is in pole position to promote the fight due to his ties to some of the 12 disciples;

LUKE Campbell
PAUL Smith
MATTHEW Macklin
JAMES DeGale
JOHN Ryder

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down