The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cleverly vs Bellew 2

+11
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Dipper Brown
KingMonkey
mobilemaster8
TopHat24/7
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
AlexHuckerby
wheelchair1991
jimdig
Steffan
hampo17
15 posters

Go down

Cleverly vs Bellew 2 Empty Cleverly vs Bellew 2

Post by hampo17 Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:51 am

Apparently they're looking at having this fight in Sheffield on the undercard of Kell Brooks homecoming on December 6th.

How does everyone see this going? Does Bellew have too much at the higher weights or does Cleverly outwork him all night?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Cleverly vs Bellew 2 Empty Re: Cleverly vs Bellew 2

Post by Steffan Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:01 am

Why the hell is this fight on the undercard of Kell Brook v a TBA (Totally Bloody Awful) Opponent?

Anyway...Cleverly will win on points or late stoppage. Hopefully he shut Bellews gobby big mouth up for good this time

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:31 pm

Sort of agreed with steffan. This fight is a headliner for sky. Eddie better not be stacking the card to make brook v TBA ppv. 

It's a fight I'm not too bothered about, the first fight was conclusive, so another cleverly win unless he left a piece of his chin stateside.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:11 pm

I feel a ppv coming

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:51 pm

Think it will be Rios. Which is quite good

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:58 pm

Hope Bellew gets mopped up. He has been one of the worst fighters to listen too recently. Steffan is spot on. I will be cheerin Clev on all the way. Can't stand Bellew
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:04 pm

Deserving of a joint headline with Brook (who, let's face it, has already achieved more/hit a higher high than either Bell or Clev).

Neither bout are good enough to carry a card on their own though, especially as you can predict the rest will be stacked with Olympians getting not overly tested and maybe a domestic rubber.

See a similar result to last time, not a particular fan of either but think Clev is just a tad better and will have the chin and stamina to outwork Bell over 12. Don't think he'll stop him though unless Bell goes gun-ho and gets caught wild.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:52 pm

Rios as in Brandon Toppy?

Decent name if it is.

Should make Kell look fantastic , will test his stamina out, and his chin, but will make kell looks slick as hell with the amount rios gets smashed in the face.

Should be fun buy either a wide UD by Kell or a LKO for him.

But, its still a goof name so its a win win.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:38 pm

So what do we get for our Sky subsciption now if these fights are going to be on ppv? A load of Gallagher gym codswallop? Smith brother after Smith brother....

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:02 pm

Clev Bellew 2 could do a big arena and headline a sky card. If eddie's trying to make it a PPV he can shove it up his hoop

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:38 pm

Steffan wrote:Why the hell is this fight on the undercard of Kell Brook v a TBA (Totally Bloody Awful) Opponent?

picard

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:44 pm

KingMonkey wrote:So what do we get for our Sky subsciption now if these fights are going to be on ppv?  A load of Gallagher gym codswallop?  Smith brother after Smith brother....

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

PPV is just a rumour, one borne out of people's grievances rather than any semblance of fact.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:35 am

If Brook is matched with a good, testing opponent for this homecoming first defence (don't know if Rios is just a stab in the dark or if there's some weight behind it, but it'd be a decent enough name if it comes to pass) then, combined with the Bellew-Cleverly return, it makes for a pretty good night of boxing to look forward to. Not worth PPV and I don't think Eddie's got the hide to try going down that route so soon before Christmas, but worth staying in for all the same. Don't think either event does great business standing on its own, particularly Bellew-Cleverly II, but if you put it on with a decent world title fight then it should be enough to revive some of the debate which has been dying out on here.

As for how a second fight goes between the two Cruisers, I think it's a pretty open one. Lots of variables make it a tough on to call with any real conviction, for me. Both have changed trainers since the first fight, and Bellew was still a bit wet behind the ears and inexperienced in the grand scheme of things back then, too. Cleverly got hit an awful lot in that fight, but Bellew's supposedly great power just never seemed to be there at 175, whereas he seems to be hitting with more authority at Cruiser, albeit neither of his opponents so far have been quite from the highest plate. He also ran out of steam a little bit in the first fight which cost him, another thing he shouldn't have to worry about (in theory) at the higher weight where he's more comfortable.

I think a lot depends on how Bellew's tank is in this fight. Cleverly showed a more advanced level of skills than Bellew did last time out but Bellew's more forceful shots and aggression were enough, up until the late rounds, to keep him inside on Cleverly which shut down Cleverly's output, one of his biggest assets, and negate Cleverly's speed advantage. But he couldn't sustain it and Cleverly picked him off as he tired towards the end. A lot gets made of Bellew's suspect whiskers, but Cleverly couldn't get him out of there at Light-Heavy and probably has even less chance of doing it at Cruiser.

Despite the disappointment against Stevenson, Bellew still seems hungry for me whereas Cleverly's attitude and statements in the wake of the Kovalev loss just didn't seem to suggest a guy who still craves success and wants to go through the hard grind to get back near the top again. I could be misreading Cleverly completely in that respect and I hope that I am, but I think Bellew at the very least will force him to extend himself and dig very deep for the first time since that Kovalev loss, and for whatever reason this time I just feel that if it becomes a bit of a war of attrition, Bellew might just want it that little bit more as well.

Not a confident call and I'm likely to change my mind between now and the fight happening but I'll take Bellew to win a very, very close fight on points. Probably the kind of points verdict which is going to divide a lot of onlookers.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:05 am

Rios is fighting Provodnikov next.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:08 am

I think Bellew and Cleverly need to fight a few more nobodies on the same card before their epic rematch in the making can happen

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:58 am

This Bellew having "too much at the higher weights" stuff confuses me. How can we really tell so far?

I'm not a massive fan of either but I'll definitely be watching it. I'd probably say Clev wins again as I just don't see Bellew doing much different second time around, nor Clev for that matter. The higher weight makes this intriguing and the first was close enough to warrant a second encounter. Physically and aesthetically so far I think Bellew looks worse at the weight than Clev but then Enzo Mac has always been fleshy and it didn't stop him being a decent banger.

I don't think either will be certainties for knocking out any of the top tier cruisers in truth so I think a match-up like this comes down to points, if that's the case then I think Clev takes it. Maybe it'll be closer than last time but I just don't think either has changed that much nor gained significant advantage by moving up to cruiser.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:01 am

... Oh, and Jonny Nelson would probably spark them bout within a round whilst being restricted by wearing a size xxxs shirt with the sleeves knotted.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down