The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ireland 2014/15 season

+36
petethepete
Kingshu
rapidsnowman
LondonTiger
carpet baboon
geoff999rugby
No 7&1/2
geoff998rugby
Standulstermen
Pete330v2
brennomac
Golden
ME-109
gleesonisgod
George Carlin
the-goon
pete (buachaill on eirne)
thebandwagonsociety
wolfball
GunsGerms
Rory_Gallagher
marty2086
bluestonevedder
westisbest
lostinwales
GoodinTightSpaces
The Great Aukster
Submachine
Sin é
Don Alfonso
MunsterMac
fa0019
asoreleftshoulder
Notch
rodders
profitius
40 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Ireland 2014/15 season  Empty Ireland 2014/15 season

Post by profitius Sun 07 Sep 2014, 1:32 pm

The season has just started and yet the autumn internationals are just around the corner. Time for a new Ireland thread.

This season in the Pro 12 the internationals look like they're coming back a few weeks earlier than usual. This should allow them to be more match sharpe when the november internationals against South Africa, Georgia and Australia come round.

Here are the fixtures during the season.

November 2014
Sat 8th Nov 14 17:30
GS Ireland  v   South Africa
AVIVA Stadium

Sun 16th Nov 14 14:30
GS Ireland  v   Georgia
AVIVA Stadium

Sat 22nd Nov 14 16:30
GS Ireland  v   Australia
AVIVA Stadium

February 2015
Sat 7th Feb 15 15:30
6N Italy  v   Ireland
Stadio Olimpico

Sat 14th Feb 15 17:00
6N Ireland  v   France
AVIVA Stadium

March 2015
Sun 1st Mar 15 15:00
6N Ireland  v   England
AVIVA Stadium

Sat 14th Mar 15 14:30
6N Wales  v   Ireland
Millennium Stadium

Sat 21st Mar 15 14:30
6N Scotland  v   Ireland
BT Murrayfield

-----------
After the first weekend of the Pro 12 Stuart Olding was the stand out Irish player. Theres talk about himself and Payne being the Ireland centers but I'd love to see Olding and Henshaw. Henshaw returns for Conancht next weekend.
--------

Ireland Squad (Guinness Series 2014, South Africa, Georgia, Australia- Aviva Stadium)

Forwards (21)
Stephen Archer (Cork Constitution/Munster) 2
Rodney Ah You (Corinthians/Connacht) 1
Rory Best (Banbridge/Ulster) 77
James Cronin (Dolphin/Munster) 1
Sean Cronin (St Mary's College/Leinster) 35
Robbie Diack (Malone/Ulster) 1
Dave Foley (UL Bohemians/Munster) *
Chris Henry (Malone/Ulster) 16
Jamie Heaslip (Naas/Leinster) 67
Dave Kilcoyne (UL Bohemians/Munster) 10
Mike McCarthy (Lansdowne/Leinster) 15
Jack McGrath (St Mary's College/Leinster) 10
Paul O'Connell (Young Munster/Munster) 94 CAPTAIN
Tommy O'Donnell (UL Bohemians/Munster) 4
Peter O'Mahony (Cork Constitution/Munster) 23
Mike Ross (Clontarf/Leinster) 41
Rhys Ruddock (St Mary's College/Leinster) 3
Dominic Ryan (Lansdowne/Leinster) *
Richardt Strauss (Old Wesley/Leinster) 4
Devin Toner (Lansdowne/Leinster) 17
Nathan White (Galwegians/Connacht)*

Backs (16)
Tommy Bowe (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster) 54
Gordon D'Arcy (Lansdowne/Leinster) 79
Craig Gilroy (Dungannon/Ulster) 5
Robbie Henshaw (Buccaneers/Connacht) 3
Felix Jones (Shannon/Munster) 6
Rob Kearney (UCD/Leinster) 55
Ian Keatley (Young Munster/Munster) 2
Darragh Leader (Galwegians/Connacht) *
Ian Madigan (Blackrock/Leinster) 10
Kieran Marmion (Galwegians/Connacht) 2
Conor Murray (Garryowen/Munster) 28
Stuart Olding (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster) 1
Jared Payne (Ulster) *
Eoin Reddan (Lansdowne/Leinster) 55
Johnny Sexton (Racing Metro) 45
Simon Zebo (Cork Constitution/Munster) 8

*Denotes uncapped player

Last edited by profitius on Fri 02 Jan 2015, 4:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Ireland 2014/15 season  Empty Re: Ireland 2014/15 season

Post by rodders Mon 08 Sep 2014, 3:58 pm

God after the first few weekend we may pack up the bags and go home. Sexton and Payne both injured - Leinster and Munster schooled by the Scottish teams.

Looking at the quality on show between the wallabies and springboks we could be in for a painful autumn alright.

Olding was a bright spark though -I'd like to see him paired with Marshall, Henshaw or Reid.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Tue 09 Sep 2014, 9:06 pm

Henderson is having an operation on his hip and could miss the november internationals. He would be a loss. Sexton also a doubt as is O'Mahony.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 09 Sep 2014, 9:08 pm

I'd say he definitely will miss the November internationals, they were talking about a potential return date in the new year. So disappointing.

Payne is out for two weeks. Against the Scarlets I thought he was very quiet in the kind of game his counter-attacking from 15 would have been lethal in. He'll be missing the next few games, and I'm not sure he isn't a square peg in a round hole at 13.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Wed 10 Sep 2014, 11:29 am

Really hope we can see Olding and Henshaw play together in the Autumn.They are both really exciting young players and could be a real long term centre partnership,I hope Schmidt feels he has enough time to get bed them both in before the WC.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Wed 10 Sep 2014, 1:10 pm

I wonder how Ireland will play without BOD.

They will be a better side but the leadership gulf will be big. It depends on who can step up. He may not have been captain anymore but the power of the man is such I don't doubt for a second it will be an adjustment which takes time.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Thu 11 Sep 2014, 8:46 pm

BODs leadership will be missed alright. Himself and D'Arcy were really getting on though and way past their prime. Stuart Olding at 12 looks the real deal. Robbie Henshaw will be playing 13 for Connacht this season and I think he is the man to replace BOD. His lack of experience might be an issue for Schmidt.

Up front there could be a few new faces also. Rhys Ruddock performed well in Argentina. Robin Copeland could also be in the mix. Maybe tighthead Tadhg Furlong could force his way into a 6 nations or world cup squad. He has only played a few games for Leinster so far so time isn't on his side.

Players who are in danger of being overtaken in the squad this season are Luke Marshall, D'Arcy, Keith Earls and Luke Fitzgerald (because both are always injured), Isaac Boss, Mike McCarthy, Ian Madigan.

What are peoples expectations? Ireland will be gunning for the 6 nations again since they have France and England at home. I think thats winnable but will probably come down to points difference again. Ireland need to develop their attacking game and keep doing what they were good at last season. In the november internationals at least 2 wins are a must. Georgia should be straight forward and then at least 1 against Australia and South Africa.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Fri 12 Sep 2014, 12:24 pm

profitius wrote:BODs leadership will be missed alright. Himself and D'Arcy were really getting on though and way past their prime. Stuart Olding at 12 looks the real deal. Robbie Henshaw will be playing 13 for Connacht this season and I think he is the man to replace BOD. His lack of experience might be an issue for Schmidt.

Up front there could be a few new faces also. Rhys Ruddock performed well in Argentina. Robin Copeland could also be in the mix. Maybe tighthead Tadhg Furlong could force his way into a 6 nations or world cup squad. He has only played a few games for Leinster so far so time isn't on his side.

Players who are in danger of being overtaken in the squad this season are Luke Marshall, D'Arcy, Keith Earls and Luke Fitzgerald (because both are always injured), Isaac Boss, Mike McCarthy, Ian Madigan.

What are peoples expectations? Ireland will be gunning for the 6 nations again since they have France and England at home. I think thats winnable but will probably come down to points difference again. Ireland need to develop their attacking game and keep doing what they were good at last season. In the november internationals at least 2 wins are a must. Georgia should be straight forward and then at least 1 against Australia and South Africa.

I think Boss and McCarthy are gone unless there's an injury crisis,as for expectations I want 3 wins the Autumn and a Grand Slam.I think losing any more than one game in the Autumn and 6 Nations is unacceptable,the players have had a year to get used to working with Schmidt so performances like the Oz match last year aren't excusable.

We need to see a working centre partnership soon,I really like the look of Olding but I'd say it'll be D'Arcy and Henshaw until after the WC as Schmidt won't want to change his midfield completely at such short notice.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by MunsterMac Wed 17 Sep 2014, 2:22 pm

I see Gerry Thornley et al are having a go at naming Ireland's starting 15 for the WC in today's IT.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/international/rugby-world-cup-2015-predicting-ireland-s-starting-xv-1.1931217

MunsterMac

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Wed 17 Sep 2014, 3:55 pm

MunsterMac wrote:I see Gerry Thornley et al are having a go at naming Ireland's starting 15 for the WC in today's IT.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/international/rugby-world-cup-2015-predicting-ireland-s-starting-xv-1.1931217

Gerry Thornley’s
IRELAND: Rob Kearney; Tommy Bowe, Gordon D’Arcy, Stuart Olding, Andrew Trimble; Johnny Sexton, Conor Murray; Cian Healy, Rory best, Mike Ross, Devin Toner, Paul O’Connell (capt), Peter O’Mahony, Sean O’Brien, Jamie Heaslip. Replacements: Jack Mcgrath, Sean Cronin, Tadgh Furlong, Iain Henderson, Rhys Ruddock, Eoin Reddan, Ian Madigan, Dave Kearney.

Commiskey
RELAND: Rob Kearney; Tommy Bowe, Luke Fitzgerald, Luke Marshall, Simon Zebo; Jonathan Sexton, Conor Murray; Cian Healy, Rory Best, Jack McGrath, Iain Henderson, Paul O’Connell, Peter O’Mahony, Sean O’Brien, Jamie Heaslip.

John O’Sullivan
IRELAND: Rob Kearney; Tommy Bowe, Gordon D’Arcy, Stuart Olding, Craig Gilroy; Jonathan Sexton, Conor Murray; Cian Healy, Rory Best, Martin Moore; Paul O’Connell, Devin Toner; Sean O’Brien, Peter O’Mahony, Jamie Heaslip.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Sun 21 Sep 2014, 2:15 pm

Some of the form players so far this season.

9. Marmion
12. Olding
1. Buckley
6. Ruddock
11. Zebo
1. Jack McGrath

profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Mon 22 Sep 2014, 4:50 pm

Irelands new jersey launched.

Ireland 2014/15 season  Paul-oconnell-rob-kearney-and-tommy-bowe-2-630x419

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKOf067qVzA

In the video there theres Marmion, POC, Rob Kearney, Murray, Healy Bowe, Trimble and Henshaw. No sign of Zebo.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by MunsterMac Mon 22 Sep 2014, 5:05 pm

You'd have to feel a right plonker doing these videos!!

And looking at the photo it looks like Kearney had a volcanic vindaloo the night before!

MunsterMac

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Alfonso Mon 22 Sep 2014, 5:08 pm

I see in The Score Bowe’s thrown his hat into the ring as a potential 13.

Honestly, it’s ridiculous. We potentially have him, Henshaw, Darcy, Payne, Cave, McFadden or Earls pitching for it. Some Ulster fans want to see Marshall there, some Leinster fans want to see Fitzgerald there, should he ever make it back.

I have a massive sense of foreboding about the Irish midfield. Someone will be under instant, incessant pressure to perform in one of the most taxing positions on-field. I’m not sure it will be pretty.

Don Alfonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Tue 23 Sep 2014, 6:42 pm

Don Alfonso wrote:I see in The Score Bowe’s thrown his hat into the ring as a potential 13.

Honestly, it’s ridiculous. We potentially have him, Henshaw, Darcy, Payne, Cave, McFadden or Earls pitching for it. Some Ulster fans want to see Marshall there, some Leinster fans want to see Fitzgerald there, should he ever make it back.

I have a massive sense of foreboding about the Irish midfield. Someone will be under instant, incessant pressure to perform in one of the most taxing positions on-field. I’m not sure it will be pretty.

Cant see Earls or Fitzgerald getting an injury free run at 13 any time soon. McFadden is more of a winger/utility back now than a centre and only two of Olding, Marshall, Cave, Payne or Bowe will be playing in the centre for Ulsters big games.  So I think itll be between whoever can nail down the Ulster shirt, Henshaw and DArcy at a long shot. 

SO Tuohy, Henderson and Ryan are all out for the November internationals leaving us with POC, Toner and McCarthy

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Tue 23 Sep 2014, 8:06 pm

Henshaw put in a big defensive shift against Leinster including one read where hit smashed a Leinster player and turned the ball over. 13 is reportedly the hardest position to defend so in that regards Henshaw to me is already looking very strong defensively.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Tue 23 Sep 2014, 8:24 pm

profitius wrote:Irelands new jersey launched.

In the video there theres Marmion, POC, Rob Kearney, Murray, Healy Bowe, Trimble and Henshaw. No sign of Zebo.

Two from each Province (and Zebo is not on a central contract) unlike everyone else there except the Connacht lads.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 23 Sep 2014, 10:06 pm

Big problems in the second row. Henderson, Tuohy and Donnacha Ryan all out of the Autumn Internationals it looks like. It's a real shame. We have some great depth there at lock but I was really looking forward to seeing those guys come in.

I really rate Ryan, Tuohy has started the new season at Ulster like a man possessed and Henderson has just looked really natural in that position. So if I was Joe Schmidt I'd be tearing my hair out.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Alfonso Tue 23 Sep 2014, 10:19 pm

The best defender at 13 - by a distance - is Cave. But if Joe is keener on Payne, then defence can't be that central, as Payne is poor in defence at 13, certainly more so than Cave or Henshaw.

The second row situation is a worry. Henderson was looking majestic towards the end of last season, and Tuohy, who I'd started to consider an also-ran in terms of the national team, started this season using his mobility and a lick of pace that we hadn'tseen much if before. Ryan I hope comes back, but by the time he's fit, how long will he have been out of international contention?

Don Alfonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 24 Sep 2014, 6:59 am

Sin é wrote:

Two from each Province (and Zebo is not on a central contract) unlike everyone else there except the Connacht lads.

I remember some kind of advertisement for the World Cup in 2011, not sure which company it was for, and they had Tomas O'Leary and Luke Fitzgerald as their representatives.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Alfonso Wed 24 Sep 2014, 9:32 am

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/pro12/short-term-game-time-with-ulster-can-help-darren-cave-s-long-term-ambitions-1.1939165

More jostling for 13.

Don Alfonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Wed 24 Sep 2014, 11:08 am

Whoever gets the nod to start against South Africa has to be seen as the new first choice 13.
I'd say he'll go with Henshaw outside of Darcy. If he goes well he will miss the Georgia game but come back in for Australia. If he doesn't have a great game I can see Cave starting both Georgia and Aus games.
Either way, I think it's between the two of them now.
Personally I would love to see Cave get the jersey. I think he's improved in all areas of his game in the last couple of years. Henshaw will probably put him under pressure sooner rather than later is bigger and quicker, but I think Cave is a more rounded footballer.

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed 24 Sep 2014, 11:38 am

Notch wrote:
Sin é wrote:

I remember some kind of advertisement for the World Cup in 2011, not sure which company it was for, and they had Tomas O'Leary and Luke Fitzgerald as their representatives.

I remember that (can't remember who it was) - but they had David Wallace as well!
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed 24 Sep 2014, 11:46 am

Don Alfonso wrote:http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/pro12/short-term-game-time-with-ulster-can-help-darren-cave-s-long-term-ambitions-1.1939165

More jostling for 13.

Hard to see Kearney being dropped from Team Ireland considering he is one of the faces for Leinster (who could have had a couple of very high profile players to select from like SOB & Heaslip unlike Connacht) in the Jersey launch - looks like Payne won't be getting much of a luck in at 15 from that.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Thu 25 Sep 2014, 3:25 pm

Looks like Cian Healy will miss the november internationals. A blow for Ireland but a chance for others to put their hand up.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by MunsterMac Wed 01 Oct 2014, 10:46 am

Ok let's forget about the starting team for the WC and just concentrate on the team Joe is likely to pick against SA next month.

ATM I'd go for:

15 - Rob Kearney,
14 - Trimble
13 - D'Arcy
12 - Madigan
11 - Bowe
10 - Sexton (If fit)
9 - Murray
8 - Heaslip
7 - Henry
6 - POM (If fit)
5 - POC
4 - Toner
3 - Ross
2 - Best
1 - McGrath

I suppose it is likely he could leave D'Arcy at 12 and stick Henshaw or someone else in at 13 but with Leinster lining up with Madigan and D'Arcy at 12 & 13 I think he might be tempted to follow suit.

MunsterMac

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Wed 01 Oct 2014, 10:58 am

Can't see Bowe coming straight in over Zebo. He did little wrong in Arg is playing well now and is the man in posession. Really can't see Madigan at 12 against SA. I'm a huge fan but he just looks so slight He's a clever defender has very good technique but I worry for him against the real brutes. Think it will be Darcy and Henshaw.
Can't see Sexton or POM being fit enough for the first game. Would go with Jackson and Ruddock.

15 - Rob Kearney,
14 - Trimble
13 - Henshaw
12 - Darcy
11 - Zebo
10 - Jackson
9 - Murray
8 - Heaslip
7 - Henry
6 - Ruddock
5 - POC
4 - Toner
3 - Ross
2 - Best
1 - McGrath

16 - Cronin 17 - Kilcoyne 18 - White 19 - McCarthy 20 - TOD 21 - Marmion 22 - Madigan 23 - Bowe

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by MunsterMac Wed 01 Oct 2014, 11:05 am

Sexton is due to be back in about 2 weeks and lets face it if he's any way fit Joe will pick him.

And POM could play against Leinster on Saturday.

MunsterMac

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Wed 01 Oct 2014, 11:11 am

Yeah I'm possibly being a bit pessimistic. It's just nearly every injury we've had has dragged out much, much longer than originally foreseen. Healy, O'Brien, Ryan, Earls, Fitzgerald (remember him?), Bowe, Fitzpatrick.
I find it difficult to trust due dates now.

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Wed 01 Oct 2014, 12:28 pm

Bernard Jackman thinks Chris Farrell could be a bolter for the world cup squad. 6'5 center who can play 12 or 13. If he has a good season with Grenoble then he has a chance.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Wed 01 Oct 2014, 12:34 pm

Why did Ulster let him go? Why were no other provinces looking at him?

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Wed 01 Oct 2014, 1:22 pm

I think Ruddock is in with a shout at 6,he's in serious form and PoM could move to 7.Henry is also a very good option there but imo our lineout would be a serious prospect with Toner,PoC,PoM,Ruddock and Heaslip.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Wed 01 Oct 2014, 1:46 pm

Submachine wrote:Why did Ulster let him go? Why were no other provinces looking at him?

He wanted to leave himself. He was injured for 2 seasons and had traffic in front of him in Ulster so wanted a fresh start. Hopefully he can get a good injury free season under his belt.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Wed 01 Oct 2014, 2:25 pm

Submachine wrote:Why did Ulster let him go? Why were no other provinces looking at him?

Ulster still have a connection to CF and may harbour hopes to get him back in due course. He is at Grenoble to get gametime and life experience as he learns his trade. Given the number of Centres in front of him at Ulster (Cave, Marshall, McCloskey, Olding, Payne and possibly Ludik) and his lengthy layoff, Grenoble is probably the fastest way for him to develop.

He is a typically bruising specimen who will do well in sides that rely on breaking tackles rather than making breaks through gaps (in a James Downey sort of way) i.e. in the Top14 or AP. He's still young so could develop into a more complete player but right now he has zero chance of making the RWC squad.

Schmidt has the three AIs to complete any final squad experimentation as all the games after that should probably be about rotation and integration of the squad. Farrell is uncapped and has no big game experience so it would be a massive leap of faith for Joe to start him against South Africa - that is effectively what Jackman is implying.

Remember it is likely there will be no more than three dedicated centres in the RWC squad, and D'Arcy has nailed one of those spots. Farrell only plays centre whereas Henshaw, Madigan, Payne and Olding all cover other positions, Cave and Marshall are far more experienced with the Ireland team, and Earls and Fitzgerald might eventually get fit. So that's an awful lot of proven players who are playing with and against each other in the PRO12 and therefore making comparison easy, for Schmidt to bring in an unproven tyro.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Wed 01 Oct 2014, 2:42 pm

Cheers for the overview. Didn't realise he was that big. I saw in the IT he scored at the weekend. Hope it goes well for him.

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by GoodinTightSpaces Thu 02 Oct 2014, 2:46 pm

Sean O'Brien out for another 5-6 months!!!

GoodinTightSpaces

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 02 Oct 2014, 2:50 pm

GoodinTightSpaces wrote:Sean O'Brien out for another 5-6 months!!!

This season seems to have been terrible for injuries so far.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by GoodinTightSpaces Thu 02 Oct 2014, 2:55 pm

lostinwales wrote:

for all countries it would seem.

Ireland:
Earls, O'Brien, D. Ryan, Fitz, Henderson, Ferris (just because i miss him so much) G. Murphy, O'Mahony, M. Sherry, C Healy

GoodinTightSpaces

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 3:04 pm

Quite like the new kits, especially the away one.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Thu 02 Oct 2014, 3:39 pm

GoodinTightSpaces wrote:
lostinwales wrote:

Ireland:
Earls, O'Brien, D. Ryan, Fitz, Henderson, Ferris (just because i miss him so much) G. Murphy, O'Mahony, M. Sherry, C Healy

Terrible news for Ireland and Leinster fans. I love watching O'Brien play and it's going to be a shame for all fans that he's out for so long. 

Injuries are plaguing the rugby news headlines at the moment. It's a devastating start to the season.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 02 Oct 2014, 4:19 pm

bluestonevedder wrote:
GoodinTightSpaces wrote:
lostinwales wrote:

Ireland:

Terrible news for Ireland and Leinster fans. I love watching O'Brien play and it's going to be a shame for all fans that he's out for so long. 

Injuries are plaguing the rugby news headlines at the moment. It's a devastating start to the season.

Chris Henry would disagree Whistle

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by GoodinTightSpaces Thu 02 Oct 2014, 4:43 pm

why has no one told chris henry that there are loads of injuries in ireland

GoodinTightSpaces

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 02 Oct 2014, 4:58 pm

GoodinTightSpaces wrote:why has no one told chris henry that there are loads of injuries in ireland

No because he won't be automatically shunted from the 7 shirt because SOB is fit

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 02 Oct 2014, 5:59 pm

Yeah, we can just hope he'll stay fit himself is the only thing. He's going to have to play a lot of rugby for Ulster this season.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 02 Oct 2014, 7:03 pm

GoodinTightSpaces wrote:
lostinwales wrote:

Ireland:

A fair few seem to have been getting work done so that they will be ok for the World Cup.

O'Mahony maybe back this weekend (on the bench against Leinster) which is great news.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by GoodinTightSpaces Fri 03 Oct 2014, 8:31 am

marty2086 wrote:
GoodinTightSpaces wrote:why has no one told chris henry that there are loads of injuries in ireland

No because he won't be automatically shunted from the 7 shirt because SOB is fit

not talking about the no. 7 jersey though, i was stating that he is yet another player to join the long list of injured players

GoodinTightSpaces

Back to top Go down

Post by GoodinTightSpaces Fri 03 Oct 2014, 8:31 am

Sin é wrote:
GoodinTightSpaces wrote:
lostinwales wrote:

Ireland:

A fair few seem to have been getting work done so that they will be ok for the World Cup.

O'Mahony maybe back this weekend (on the bench against Leinster) which is great news.

good news indeed, hopefully he can get up to speed quickly.

GoodinTightSpaces

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Sat 04 Oct 2014, 12:07 am

Stuart McCloskey putting his hand up for selection now. Places up for grabs in the center.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 04 Oct 2014, 10:53 am

Equally, Jared Payne putting his hand down in terms of Ireland selection. If he is involved for Ireland on this form it is a farce. He's not even the best outside centre in Ulster. He's behind Cave and Ludik in terms of who I'd like to see playing there right now.

Best 13 so far is Cave, best 15 so far is Ludik so I'll be disappointed if Jared Payne gets into our team without playing well. If Cave is injured move Ludik to 13 and Payne to 15.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Sun 12 Oct 2014, 1:34 pm

Trimble injured means we're short on wingers.

McCloskey had another big game against Glasgow. I'd be surprised now if he doesn't make the Ireland squad.

Warwick, Buckley and J Cronin playing well at loosehead. Kilcoyne was alright too but the others look better scrummagers IMO. McGrath coming back.

Martin Moore picked up an injury on his Leinster return. Bad timing. Furlong is out for a few weeks also. On the plus side Archer has put in 2 good performances, coming back from his neck injury. Nathan White, Archer, Ross, Moore and Furlong look the likely candidates. Not a bad selection to have.

Conor Murray had a poor game against Scarlets. Very very slow. Reddan and Boss not going well either. Kieran Marmion putting the pressure on them.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next