The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

‘iFL TV’ comes to BoxNation's screens with new weekly show, starting Thursday

+17
John Bloody Wayne
hampo17
Hammersmith harrier
Herman Jaeger
wheelchair1991
Derbymanc
DuransHorse
OasisBFC
Seanusarrilius
lambertm100
Rowley
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
TRUSSMAN66
jimdig
TopHat24/7
milkyboy
Strongback
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

‘iFL TV’ comes to BoxNation's screens with new weekly show, starting Thursday - Page 2 Empty ‘iFL TV’ comes to BoxNation's screens with new weekly show, starting Thursday

Post by Strongback Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:53 pm

First topic message reminder :

Cult internet hit iFL TV, which has taken the web by storm by providing fight fans with a plethora of high quality boxing content, has made its way to television screens with a weekly show set to air on leading fight channel BoxNation.

iFL TV was created and co-founded in 2010 by Kugan Cassius and James Helder, who will both front the new show - 'BoxNation presents Cassius and Helder' - starting this Thursday 11th September at 8pm, ahead of this Saturday's Floyd Mayweather-Marcos Maidana blockbuster rematch from Las Vegas.

The affable Kugan will be in boxing's fight capital to provide BoxNation viewers with all the latest goings-on around fight week as we prepare for the return of the world's best pound-for-pound fighter, live and exclusive on 'The Channel of Champions' BoxNation.

The opening show will also feature an exclusive sit down interview with boxing legend Ricky Hatton, who will break down the fight and provide a unique insight into what it's like to share the ring with the sport's number one in Mayweather, having taken on the star back in 2007.

Thursday nights will be the regular slot for the show, which will see iFL TV provide the same edge and access we have come to expect - with exclusive fighter interviews and pre and post fight coverage - but with fantastic original content each week shown for the first time.

Jim McMunn, Managing Director at BoxNation, said: "Since the start BoxNation has been a fresh, cutting-edge channel that has provided boxing fans with the biggest and best fights domestically and around the world. We are always looking at ways that allow our viewers to get even closer to the action. The new iFL TV show will allow BoxNation subscribers to get an even more in-depth insight ahead of fights and is another great addition to our already first class boxing coverage."

Kugan Cassius and James Helder, founders of iFL TV, said: "We are delighted to be working with BoxNation, a channel committed to providing the very best boxing action. Likewise, at iFL TV we are equally committed to the sport and providing high quality content for our viewers. iFL TV has proved a major hit through our YouTube channel and we aim to replicate this success with our weekly show on BoxNation where we will provide similarly excellent content from press conferences, weigh-ins, media days and exclusive interviews - all with a unique twist."

--------------------------------------------------------------

Seems Kugy has been seduced by the dark side.

Wonder what Eddie thinks?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

‘iFL TV’ comes to BoxNation's screens with new weekly show, starting Thursday - Page 2 Empty Re: ‘iFL TV’ comes to BoxNation's screens with new weekly show, starting Thursday

Post by Strongback Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:41 am

Strongback

Back to top Go down

‘iFL TV’ comes to BoxNation's screens with new weekly show, starting Thursday - Page 2 Empty Re: ‘iFL TV’ comes to BoxNation's screens with new weekly show, starting Thursday

Post by hampo17 Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:42 am

Saw that last week Laugh

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:21 am

So as well as being the world's most benevolent promoter, your best best mate and ridiculously good looking, he's also a remarkably gifted dancer and singer!

I'm starting to hate him too.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:09 am

Strongy what do you think Eddie thinks of this?

You've asked peoples opinion of it and then stated everyone as an Eddie Lover cause most don't think he'll care. I'm assuming you do so wonder why you think he'll be bothered?

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:07 am

Derbymanc wrote:Strongy what do you think Eddie thinks of this?

You've asked peoples opinion of it and then stated everyone as an Eddie Lover cause most don't think he'll care. I'm assuming you do so wonder why you think he'll be bothered?

Eddie was probably iFL's most interviewed boxing personality. Hearn used iFL to populate Youtube with videos that appealed to teenagers and guys in their twenties and it was a strategy that worked well.

I don't know what Eddie thinks but I wonder if he will continue to work with iFL or will move on as Warren and Matchroom are like oil and water.  I'm sure Hearn will be looking at it from a business perspective and will be looking at different avenues to promote his shows through social media taking in all the options.

I don't know if Kugan and Eddie are mates but they have spent a lot of time together and some people liked their chemistry.  I have no doubt Eddie the businessman will move on if they can't work together anymore but I think he will struggle to surf the zeitgeist in the way he did with Kugan if he works with another presenter/interviewer.  

Some people won't understand this as they are old fogeys and the power of social media goes straight over their head.

Last edited by Strongback on Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:08 am

Just can't seem to grasp this guy's incessant loathing of Hearn.....

I think maybe Hearn brings out some homosexual stirrings in him...and he hates him for it !!

This "hatred" just isn't normal..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:16 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Just can't seem to grasp this guy's incessant loathing of Hearn.....

I think maybe Hearn brings out some homosexual stirrings in him...and he hates him for it !!

This "hatred" just isn't normal..

Why are you talking about hate. Where have I poured vitriol on Hearn?

You're just, as Jack Welch described, "piling in" because you think it is a populist position.

Debate the points not the poster.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:24 am

There is no one on here who is less populist than me..

Do us all a favor and p**s off ................

You've got no personality......No sense of humor... and you're as boring as the day is long...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hayemaker Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:40 pm

Why would anyone be against Hearn? He has been amazing for boxing. Unlike most promoters he is honest, his fighters love him and he delivers for the fans.

hayemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:45 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:There is no one on here who is less populist than me..

Do us all a favor and p**s off ................

You've got no personality......No sense of humor... and you're as boring as the day is long...

I suppose I should have expected a childish response. When the personal insults come out its clear you can't debate the points.

BTW you have become very populist, also you have always been a lick-ass when it comes to mods.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:23 pm

Cheers for the answer Strongy, got to be honest and say I don't use things like facebook or youtube but can see how it can be strued as important as a lot of younger viewers would use it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Eddie was getting his own 'amateur' show together for Youtube but then I'd reckon that most promotors would ahve something out there already, we just don't know it yet.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:30 pm

Strongback wrote:
hampo171 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
wheelchair1991 wrote:Some people are blind on social media in regards to eddie including you strongback your irrational hatred blinds you with anything involving young master hearn

By saying I wonder what Eddie thinks about Kugan working for Warren I am showing hatred am I?

(1)You guys need to get a life.  (2)I'm heading over to Check Hook Boxing.

(1) Most ironic comment ever? Certainly a pot-kettle-black moment that Az would be proud of.

(2) Good riddance. Nobody cares about your Hearn obsession over here.

More people on that site sway against Hearn than for him.  My comments are seen as normal there.  Maybe its just Eddie isn't given preferential treatment over there because he is not a "friend" of that site.

It is quite funny how some of you fall over one another to be the first to defend Hearn.  

Where do you get this crap that Eddie is a friend of the site from?

No site I've seen defends Hearn as much as this one.  

The friend of the site thing goes back to a comment made by Rowley were he referred to Adam saying Eddie was accommodating with permissions to do interviews with his fighters, this goes back to the initial interviews Adam was doing when the podcasts first started.  Rowley has been defending Hearn at every opportunity since, in fact he should be given clubman of the year and a free press pass to Matchroom's next show!

Rowley can't even be a**ed replying to the wally.....

Say's it all really..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:59 pm

Kugan is to Boxing interviewers as Harold Shipman is to the Doctor profession.

Is he really Sri Lankan like he said or was he taking he mick??
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:18 pm

Hearn lost the services of Frampton about a year ago, but Matchroom Promotions is still doing very well.
I expect he'll pick himself up over this blow, dust himself down and be pretty much ok.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:39 pm

hayemaker wrote:Why would anyone be against Hearn? He has been amazing for boxing. Unlike most promoters he is honest, his fighters love him and he delivers for the fans.

Expect you've just given Strongy an embolism!!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:13 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
hampo171 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
wheelchair1991 wrote:Some people are blind on social media in regards to eddie including you strongback your irrational hatred blinds you with anything involving young master hearn

By saying I wonder what Eddie thinks about Kugan working for Warren I am showing hatred am I?

(1)You guys need to get a life.  (2)I'm heading over to Check Hook Boxing.

(1) Most ironic comment ever? Certainly a pot-kettle-black moment that Az would be proud of.

(2) Good riddance. Nobody cares about your Hearn obsession over here.

More people on that site sway against Hearn than for him.  My comments are seen as normal there.  Maybe its just Eddie isn't given preferential treatment over there because he is not a "friend" of that site.

It is quite funny how some of you fall over one another to be the first to defend Hearn.  

Where do you get this crap that Eddie is a friend of the site from?

No site I've seen defends Hearn as much as this one.  

The friend of the site thing goes back to a comment made by Rowley were he referred to Adam saying Eddie was accommodating with permissions to do interviews with his fighters, this goes back to the initial interviews Adam was doing when the podcasts first started.  Rowley has been defending Hearn at every opportunity since, in fact he should be given clubman of the year and a free press pass to Matchroom's next show!

Rowley can't even be a**ed replying to the wally.....

Say's it all really..

Hope you're being ironic as a result of being called a brown noser.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:18 pm

If you ever start becoming interesting....Let me know..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:28 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:If you ever start becoming interesting....Let me know..

...............sure..............

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:06 pm

Him and kugan look so in love in the dancing video. I'm sure they can work their way through kugan's indiscretions with frank.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:56 pm

They are in cahoots. Hearn knows Kugans Gorilla Social Media Style will bum during a Proper Television Production.

Sabotage.

Kugans will then return to what he does best.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:35 pm

Did anybody see the Cassius Helder show on BoxNation last night?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:02 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:Did anybody see the Cassius Helder show on BoxNation last night?

I didn't see it but read a couple of threads discussing it. The general response was it wasn't great. Basically a series of interviews he did in Vegas back to back and then Kugan looking a bit clueless. He needs Eddie.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:15 pm

Thanks Strongy. Anybody else have an opinion?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:20 pm

Wasnt that good basically james having a chat with ricky hatton about mayweather and kugan doing typical interviews with people in las vagas in the build up to tonight fight including a limited chat to mayweather sr

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:36 pm

Thanks Wheelchair. Sounds like more of the same, just on a different platform.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:53 pm

Yeah that sums it up i wasnt impressed just hope it gets bettervwhen kugan come back from the states

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:35 pm

People seem to be talking as If this kugan guy is a big deal...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:50 pm

I dont mean it like hes a big deal i just mean hopefully the show will be bettervwith thevtwo of them there

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:55 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:People seem to be talking as If this kugan guy is a big deal...

He's big with the kids Daddy-o.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2