The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Applications wanted for - The Joshua factor !!

+10
Soldier_Of_Fortune
spencerclarke
AdamT
ONETWOFOREVER
Dipper Brown
hampo17
DuransHorse
wheelchair1991
kingraf
TRUSSMAN66
14 posters

Go down

Applications wanted for - The Joshua factor !! Empty Applications wanted for - The Joshua factor !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 14 Sep 2014, 5:02 pm

Do you meet this criteria ...

Not a perennial loser......Not a slob.......Are marginally quicker than a Zombie......and can move your head at least twice in three minutes....

If so we want you !!..............Winner gets a good pay day in a year's time !!....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Applications wanted for - The Joshua factor !! Empty Re: Applications wanted for - The Joshua factor !!

Post by kingraf Sun 14 Sep 2014, 5:18 pm

Id take him. 6', 220lbs. Id run the entire fight, but I might sneak a 120-120 draw, or even nick a 120-119 win with a flurry in the last five seconds of the twelfth
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Applications wanted for - The Joshua factor !! Empty Re: Applications wanted for - The Joshua factor !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 14 Sep 2014, 7:23 pm

If you can move and make it awkward...You'd do better than these guys....

Everybody wants this guy to wait but who is going to teach him anything ??

I'd pick him to stop Stiverne now..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 14 Sep 2014, 7:34 pm

Truss you are always in such a rush with AJ whilst i understand why what with the division being void of excitement and talent bar a couple of exceptions, AJ is progressing nicely no need to rush especially with a guy with little boxing expearience

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 14 Sep 2014, 7:37 pm

How is he progressing nicely.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Sun 14 Sep 2014, 7:45 pm

You have a lot of faith in Joshua Truss. I think you might be proven right in a few years but right now I would say there are too many unproven and unknowns factors for me to be so certain that he has a guaranteed golden future. I thought Price looked great and I'm still cleaning that egg off my face.

Why so certain? He got an Olympic gold but many say he was raw and a little fortunate. I have no problem with that due to his limited boxing experience, he will continue to progress and so far has looked great but he's fighting guys he should look great against.

At this stage you've got every right to be excited by Joshua, many are and I'm one, but I would say Stiverne right now would be too much of a risk to Joshua's progress and prospects.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Sun 14 Sep 2014, 7:46 pm

duplicate post

Last edited by DuransHorse on Sun 14 Sep 2014, 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : duplicate post)

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 14 Sep 2014, 7:49 pm

Who is going to prove I'm wrong about him.....

Fat lard buckets who don't move their heads certainly aren't.........

If I thought the kid could fight someone to take him 8 rounds and who isn't a risk I'd suggest waiting......

But they aren't risking him until it's alphabet time.....Because a big punching, handsome Brit with a great physique is gold dust...In an era like this...You know it.. I know it !!

So he's just treading water and wasting time..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Sun 14 Sep 2014, 7:59 pm

I don't think anyone wants to prove you wrong. What's not to like about Joshua?

The fat lard buckets will slowly become thinner and fitter lard buckets with better cv's able to ask the odd question of Joshua. AJ isn't Rigo, he needs more time to adjust and learn imo.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 14 Sep 2014, 8:00 pm

Like who ????

Like with Bruno who could be his Dad.............It's stiff City until ABC time.....

Bonecrusher Smith was supposed to be a stiff.......Bruno's handlers never made that mistake again..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Sun 14 Sep 2014, 8:09 pm

Stiffs are an important part of the game and a necessary learning curve Truss. You know that. One stiff isn't necessarily the same as the next and in an ideal world each would bring a new yet limited amount of danger for Joshua to encounter and overcome. Doesn't always work that way, often they get flattened quickly but Joshua hasn't been exposed to enough pro boxing yet for my liking.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 14 Sep 2014, 8:14 pm

If Joshua jumped to a big challenge and got beat people would call him over hyped and useless, Hearn is protecting his fighter while he learns and gets world class sparing under his belt.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sun 14 Sep 2014, 8:31 pm

I wanna see him pushed on, ideally like to see him fight the loser of Fury Chisora within the next 12-18 months. AJ is in a different spot to other prospects. No depth in the division so it's not like he can get a gradual learning curve. Gonna have to make a big leap and get in there with someone tidy sooner rather than later.

With other divisions you can set up check points, British, Euro, commonwealth. I think he's jumping the queue so quickly you've got to move him along at a faster rate. I don't really see what more he's learning blasting out these guys in 2. I think he'll be better off jumping up a few leagues now.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 14 Sep 2014, 8:33 pm

The question is at what level in the H/W division will Joshua get tested?

Other divisions will find you out a lot earlier then this current H/W scene.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Sun 14 Sep 2014, 9:08 pm

Loser of Fury v Chis in 12-18 might be OK if all goes to plan, just the suggestion he could jump in with them tomorrow I'm not sold on.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 14 Sep 2014, 9:48 pm

He said there is a gulf in class between him and Wlad. I think he should take it easy for another year and try and fight more durable opponents bit by bit.

hopefully he can be the man to follow Klits

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Mon 15 Sep 2014, 1:25 pm

Just been looking at boxrec and his next opponent is 38(25)-9(4)-0, aged 34. Got ko'ed a couple of times early on then been fairly solid of late. Took Glazkov the distance in 8. Ustinov the distance in 10. Wawrzyk the distance in 10. Pulled out of Charr fight in 5 with injury. Suggests he's a step up from what Joshua has been fighting without being a risk fight. If he carries on doing steps like that in the next 3 or 4 he should be doing ok.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 15 Sep 2014, 3:27 pm

Always worry when someone say's he's been the distance with never do wells...

Usually means a punchbag that doesn't move his head......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 15 Sep 2014, 3:43 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:If you can move and make it awkward...You'd do better than these guys....

Everybody wants this guy to wait but who is going to teach him anything ??

I'd pick him to stop Stiverne now..

I would also pick Stiverne to stop him.

Thing is Truss how many mobile heavyweights will he come across these days Laugh

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 15 Sep 2014, 3:47 pm

Bollox to mobile...Move your head now and again....Looking at Fielding's conditioning he could be in the picture

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 15 Sep 2014, 3:57 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Bollox to mobile...Move your head now and again....Looking at Fielding's conditioning he could be in the picture

Unfortunately he's just had a hand operation and he will be out until new year Laugh

Every AJ fight so far I think I've said to me mate 'I feel sorry for the opponent already'.

I wouldn't like to be covering up on the ropes to let AJ plant his feet and unleash punches on me.

Who would you have in with AJ next Truss, as a realistic opponent.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 15 Sep 2014, 5:06 pm

Id like to see him in with a guy like Big Daddy Browne or David Price

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Mon 15 Sep 2014, 5:11 pm

Big daddy is a decent shout

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 15 Sep 2014, 5:28 pm

Robert Helenius?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 15 Sep 2014, 5:29 pm

actually scrap that - does he even fight anymore?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 15 Sep 2014, 5:31 pm

Third Big Daddy, said him before - picks up the Commonwealth strap that way too I believe.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 15 Sep 2014, 5:31 pm

Tbh, after that I'd even be tempted to stick him in with Chisora.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 15 Sep 2014, 5:41 pm

Chisora is a no go.....Fights for Warren..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Mon 15 Sep 2014, 8:43 pm

Chisora would be a tough baptism of fire for AJs endurance if he couldn't put him away. Someone new to 10 to 12 rounds will find Chisora constantly ploughing forward a hard nights work. Joshua could gas at this stage.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 15 Sep 2014, 8:44 pm

Warren would think Chis is more valuable than he is.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 15 Sep 2014, 8:52 pm

I'd stick him in with Johnson and Chambers to get some rounds. I'm high on Joshua - think he takes care of everyone.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 15 Sep 2014, 9:07 pm

So do I............He's a Bruno type in an era where Bruno would dominate..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 15 Sep 2014, 9:10 pm

I watched some early Lewis and Bruno on Sunday to compare - he's a bloody ringer for young Frank. Heavy handed but head in the air. Luckily for him there's no 'Spoon, Tyson, Bonecrusher.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Mon 15 Sep 2014, 9:13 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Warren would think Chis is more valuable than he is.

He probably is to Warren. To be fair if Chisora lost I wouldn't be surprised if Frank became Francesca Warren and applied for big Brother VVVIIXIII or whatever series they're on now.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 15 Sep 2014, 9:17 pm

Im all for matching good prospects harder. You wont learn sh1t fighting guys who come to cover up and damage limitation. If anything it breeds bad habits.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 15 Sep 2014, 9:28 pm

DuransHorse wrote:

He probably is to Warren.  To be fair if Chisora lost I wouldn't be surprised if Frank became Francesca Warren and applied for big Brother VVVIIXIII or whatever series they're on now.

Nothing but admiration for Maloney............

Would have been easier for him living a lie...........

I'll just stay TRUSSWOMAN66 behind closed doors at weekends..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 17 Sep 2014, 8:42 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DuransHorse wrote:

He probably is to Warren.  To be fair if Chisora lost I wouldn't be surprised if Frank became Francesca Warren and applied for big Brother VVVIIXIII or whatever series they're on now.

Nothing but admiration for Maloney............

Would have been easier for him living a lie...........

I'll just stay TRUSSWOMAN66 behind closed doors at weekends..

Agreeing with the emascalation of MAN.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down