The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saunders v Eubank not actually signed

+13
hazharrison
DuransHorse
AlexHuckerby
Soldier_Of_Fortune
hampo17
Adam D
TRUSSMAN66
Seanusarrilius
rob-glos
Rowley
Valero's Conscience
catchweight
CallMeBenji
17 posters

Go down

Saunders v Eubank not actually signed Empty Saunders v Eubank not actually signed

Post by CallMeBenji Thu 25 Sep 2014, 1:22 pm

It's been revealed at the press conference that Eubank hasn't actually signed the contract. Warren was only told that they were stalling 10 minutes before the press conference !

On the one hand it's disgusting for him to stall at this stage but on the other should Warren be announcing the fight before it's signed sealed and delivered? This could all be mind games by Eubank. Either way, this isn't putting himself across very well at all.

I don't blame Saunders for giving him until 5pm. Eubank's reputation will go through the floor if he doesn't sign...

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/chris-eubank-jnr-has-not-signed-to-fight-billy-joe-saunders/

CallMeBenji

Back to top Go down

Saunders v Eubank not actually signed Empty Re: Saunders v Eubank not actually signed

Post by catchweight Thu 25 Sep 2014, 1:31 pm

Classic Frank

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Saunders v Eubank not actually signed Empty Re: Saunders v Eubank not actually signed

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu 25 Sep 2014, 2:05 pm

I think Eubank will avoid the fight.

He'll be like Kell Brook (up until last month) and avoid the big fights for years.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-glos Thu 25 Sep 2014, 2:12 pm

Eubank Jr has a credibility issue. 

He can't carry on knocking over Lithuanian plumbers. 
If he ducks BJS now it will be a disgrace. 

He's had 17 fights now and not one of them remotely competitive...

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 25 Sep 2014, 2:12 pm

You could put one hell of a card together in recent times of fights Frank has announced before they are actually signed. This is pretty bad to be fair, I have friends at work who have purchased tickets for this card, to some extent their decision was influenced by this fight being on. Am sure they are not the only ones in such a situation. Should this fight not now happen refunds should be offered.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 25 Sep 2014, 2:31 pm

No big surprise here. I was doubtful this would happen. Now we find out Warren has been promoting a card on the back of a fight that isn't going to happen and was never signed. If I knew Eubank Jr. was sparring in the states so should Frank. Frank has been trying to sell tickets for an event nobody is interested in. He prob thought people would be happy so long as the main event went forward. Wrong. He is already getting hammered online for this. Why BJS can't see his promoter is a joke, I do not know?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 25 Sep 2014, 2:38 pm

Maybe he's hoping you buy tickets for Chis-Fury...Before this fight is done or called off..

I don't know why Warren bothers promoting....Just buy overseas fights and leave the promoting to Eddie..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu 25 Sep 2014, 2:38 pm

I wouldnt like to bet on Chisora or Fury going ahead either. All ploy to increase tickets for Chisora v TBA, Saunders v TBA and Gavin v Skeete!

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 25 Sep 2014, 2:45 pm

He's desperate to impress Eddie..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 25 Sep 2014, 2:51 pm

Warren makes Hennessey cards look like 90s Don King cards

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 25 Sep 2014, 2:52 pm

If you remember the 90s...You never lived through it...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 25 Sep 2014, 2:59 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:If you remember the 90s...You never lived through it...

I get acid flashbacks.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 25 Sep 2014, 3:05 pm

I get acid reflux..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 25 Sep 2014, 3:07 pm

catchweight wrote:I wouldnt like to bet on Chisora or Fury going ahead either. All ploy to increase tickets for Chisora v TBA, Saunders v TBA and Gavin v Skeete!

Bit harsh on Fury!

He didn't pull out of a fight with Del!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-glos Thu 25 Sep 2014, 3:12 pm

No, he pulled out of a fight with Ustinov

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 25 Sep 2014, 3:12 pm

rob-glos wrote:No, he pulled out of a fight with Ustinov

Pulled out for a pretty good reason as well.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 25 Sep 2014, 3:15 pm

Can't say all this time without a Fury fight has been tough to take....

and I like taking tough things

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Sep 2014, 3:17 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Can't say all this time without a Fury fight has been tough to take....

and I like taking tough things
I agree, I'm as upset by Fury's lack of activity as I am about Jason Orange* leaving Take That

*For the kidz out there, he's the one who wasn't Gary, Robbie, the little one or the one with the lisp

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 25 Sep 2014, 3:22 pm

You seem to know a lot about them...

Your favorite song no doubt is...It only takes a minute..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Sep 2014, 3:26 pm

My wife loves them...and "it only takes a minute"? I'm not doin' it three times!

My favourite Take That song is whichever is the shortest or the one they'll sing just before they decided to jointly shoot themselves on stage in what I will forever refer to ask the greatest suicide pact ever...until STRONGBACK and STEFFAN decided to kill themselves

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 25 Sep 2014, 3:31 pm

Take that...Reminds me of the good old days with a whip in my hand and a red head tied to the bed....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 25 Sep 2014, 3:31 pm

hampo171 wrote:

When he realised Ustinov was the same size and won't be intimidated by his antics. He was in the Chechnya war as a sniper and won 'The Order of Bravery' ffs. Must have seen some bad stuff.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Sep 2014, 3:34 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Take that...Reminds me of the good old days with a whip in my hand and a red head tied to the bed....

Always wondered where Mick Hucknall had disappeared to

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 25 Sep 2014, 3:39 pm

Not sure Warren could survive another fiasco..

If this goes bollox up...Who'll trust him again to deliver !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 25 Sep 2014, 4:44 pm

Valero's Conscience wrote:I think Eubank will avoid the fight.

He'll be like Kell Brook (up until last month) and avoid the big fights for years.

Except Kell didn't actively avoid big fights.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-glos Thu 25 Sep 2014, 7:16 pm

hampo171 wrote:

Didn't say it was for a bad reason...

I reckon a broken hand is a decent reason too though.

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-glos Thu 25 Sep 2014, 7:20 pm

So Eubank Jr. has responded on Twitter saying he won't be rushed into signing a contract until his management team approve it. 

Which seems reasonable. 

Except they've had it for weeks according to Frank's interview earlier. 

This comes down to future TV rights, Warren said it himself. 
I think they got a little bit burnt by Frampton, he's won a world title and now he's a free agent again. 

Don't think Boxnation/Warren would be prepared to risk Eubank winning, talking the belts and then going off to Matchroom. 

Similar shenanigans to the K2 contracts with their rematch clauses and future promotional rights etc.

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Thu 25 Sep 2014, 8:12 pm

The bjs IFL rant on this was something else. Made Froch and Groves look loved up.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 25 Sep 2014, 9:54 pm

Boxing seemingly lives in a strange ethical and legal world all of its own on occasions. Can you imagine if a music promoter said he had the Rolling Stones appearing at his festival and promoted the event and sold tickets based on their appearance, only for it to turn out he had no actual agreement in place for them to appear. He would get sued into oblivion. In boxing we just accept it as par for the course.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-glos Thu 25 Sep 2014, 9:56 pm

The music promoter also enforces a clause in the contract preventing the Rolling Stones playing at any other venues....

When you change the context Boxing looks as mad as a box of frogs!

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 25 Sep 2014, 11:04 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
hampo171 wrote:

When he realised Ustinov was the same size and won't be intimidated by his antics. He was in the Chechnya war as a sniper and won 'The Order of Bravery' ffs. Must have seen some bad stuff.

Not sure whether you don't remember why he pulled out, or you're just being daft Wink

Anyway, I've done some digging on this and a few places are reporting that this fight was never agreed and Warren announced it to boost ticket sales in the hope that the public reaction would force Eubank JR to sign. After his recent from I wouldn't put this past him, the other story doing the rounds is that Eubank Sr has been negotiating with Matchroom, he wanted Barry to handle his sons career however apparently an agreement has been reached and it is a very real possibility that Eubank Jr could sign with the Hearns.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 26 Sep 2014, 1:01 pm

IFL shouldn't be pointing cameras at the likes BJS if all they're going to record is a load of homophobic gibberish.

Steve Bunce wrote a decent column this week on this issue (in the Independent).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Fri 26 Sep 2014, 2:57 pm

catchweight wrote:Classic Frank
In a nutshell.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 26 Sep 2014, 10:04 pm

hazharrison wrote:IFL shouldn't be pointing cameras at the likes BJS if all they're going to record is a load of homophobic gibberish.

Just watched it. It's all very well being edgy and street or whatever the current appropriate word is fir shoving a camera in someone's face. It's another thing taking the decision to publish it. Irresponsible.

Clearly Saunders' management shouldn't let him anywhere near someone with a camera, but it doesn't look like his management are any better. All a bit 1980's really.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat 27 Sep 2014, 10:22 am

hazharrison wrote:IFL shouldn't be pointing cameras at the likes BJS if all they're going to record is a load of homophobic gibberish.

Yeah I think he came across as a bit of a thick dinosaur.. needs a urgent PR clean up..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sat 27 Sep 2014, 10:54 am

What did Saunders say?

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 27 Sep 2014, 1:27 pm

Pretty much as haz said. A load of homophobic gibberish. Just rambled on and on calling Eubank a variety of words which you would be familiar with but aren't considered socially acceptable in the 21st century.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Sun 28 Sep 2014, 3:14 pm

Farcical situation. Contracts not agreed and they have a press conference - ridiculous!

Hopefully, the fight can still happen. Can't see where this World title-shot for BJS, is going to magically appear from.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down