The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First matches announced for Bound For Glory with more to follow

2 posters

Go down

First matches announced for Bound For Glory with more to follow Empty First matches announced for Bound For Glory with more to follow

Post by talkingpoint Sat 27 Sep 2014, 1:30 pm

TNA via social media have announced the first matches for BFG 2014 held in Japan with more announces expected to be made on Monday.

Match #1: The Great Muta & Tajiri vs. James Storm & the Great Senada

Match #2: X-Division Title Match - Samoa Joe (c) vs. Low Ki vs. Kaz Hayashi

While BFG before now has received no build up the tag team match is born out of Storm`s revolution and there has been interaction between Muta & Sanada/Storm on impact, as well as Tajiri`s involvement with Aries as well, so the match was perhaps the most predictable one to book. I think it`s a good decision as they actually have a storyline from which to build on. Also the result is far less predictable than the match itself, what with BFG being in Japan this year and a crossover production with Wrestle 1 I would say it`s hard to call. Hopefully for the sake of Storm`s heel work recently and Sanada`s career Muta & Tajiri (very much the veterans in this match) should put them over. But maybe with this being in Japan they will go for the `hometown` heroes so to speak.

I have a strong feeling in the X-Division match that Low Ki will win. Joe has been champion since August and even though its only been a few months, the amount of title matches on TV (understandably) just recently has made it seem that Joe has been holding the belt for 6 months + already. I think it would be good for Joe to have to chase the title for a while should they keep him in the X-Division. Although I wouldn`t be against Joe retaining if they put on a 5* match and put Joe into a storyline after BFG, rather than just have him defend the title every other week.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

First matches announced for Bound For Glory with more to follow Empty Re: First matches announced for Bound For Glory with more to follow

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 29 Sep 2014, 1:54 pm

Muta & Tajiri vs Storm & Sanada has good potential.

For the sake of Storm's Revolution I think he and Senada have to win...it still allows one of their homegrown stars to win.

I'd like to see Low-Ki win the X Division title, but I think that'll only happen if they have another story / feud lined up for Joe.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down