The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+8
JuliusHMarx
superflyweight
trottb
seanmichaels
Union Cane
Rowley
rIck_dAgless
Mind the windows Tino.
12 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 20 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 30 Sep 2014 - 11:47

First topic message reminder :

An arthropod is an invertebrate animal having an exoskeleton, a segmented body, and jointed appendages. Arthropods form the phylum Arthropoda, and include the insects, arachnids, and crustaceans.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 20 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by superflyweight Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 8:03

Morning, Rick. You can phucking say that again.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 20 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 8:06

Also probable thread split day... phucking love thread split day.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 8:13

superflyweight wrote:Phist.  

Phucking drinking again, sean?

may have come off the wagon...... quite liked that analogy though.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 8:25

Phourph

Half day today. Then headed to the cricket, and a birthday party. Morning Lads.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 8:36

Went out for lunch with some clients yesterday. Started off as lunch and turned into an all dayer.

Got a late train out of Kings X. Fell asleep, missed my stop and woke up in Cambridge. No more trains out of Cambridge. Cost me £40 to get a taxi home.

About 4 hours sleep and back into work today. Felt like Sean for a night. Great stuff.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 8:40

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

About 4 hours sleep and back into work today.  Felt like Sean for a night.  Great stuff.

Get on it again at lunch. It works.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 8:42

seanmichaels wrote:

About 4 hours sleep and back into work today.  Felt like Sean for a night.  Great stuff.

Get on it again at lunch. It works.

Might have a shower at lunchtime. I stink.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 8:46

Just reading some of Roy Keane's latest quotes. the bloke is a phucking legend. Anyone seen his reaction to Mourinho's attempted handshake?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 8:52

Roy Keane is a nobhead of the highest order...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 8:53

I liked a quote he gave yesterday
"I sometimes forget that I'm not the only one with parents and kids". Seems to absolutely despise Fergie
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 8:54

rick_dagless wrote:Roy Keane is a nobhead of the highest order...

Does he reach H*gh J*ckman status for you, Ricko?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 8:55

Tino wrote:Does he reach H*gh J*ckman status for you, Ricko?

By the sounds of how Jackman acts then he does indeed, the man is a weapon/jebend/total Texan/ballroot etc...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 8:56

seanmichaels wrote:Just reading some of Roy Keane's latest quotes. the bloke is a phucking legend. Anyone seen his reaction to Mourinho's attempted handshake?

He has a phucking fair point.

You guys would love it here listening to the brickie on site. He slips in so many swear words before nouns it makes you think twice. I don't think he even realises how funny he sounds. Should have heard him in the pub today at lunch ordering his bangers & mash from the Korean chef. Priceless.

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Went out for lunch with some clients yesterday.  Started off as lunch and turned into an all dayer.

Got a late train out of Kings X.  Fell asleep, missed my stop and woke up in Cambridge.  No more trains out of Cambridge.  Cost me £40 to get a taxi home.

Tina, whereabouts are you... near Epping or north of there? I'm just trying to work out how far a £40 taxi fare gets you.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 8:58

The equivalent of £40 gets me to Cape Town.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 8:59

I don't think he's a nob. best player I've ever seen in terms of dragging his side through games they shouldn't really win. Loved the Viera tunnel confrontation. This quote is the best i've read:

“It might seem strange but you find out about characters when you look to see who’s in charge of the music. A young lad might want to put on the latest sound; an older player might say: ‘I’m the senior player’ and put himself in charge. But I noticed none of the players [at Sunderland] were in charge of the music and this was a concern for me. A member of staff was in charge. I was looking at him thinking: ‘I hope someone nails him here.’ The last song before the players went on to the pitch was ‘Dancing Queen’ by Abba. What really worried me was that none of the players – not one – said: ‘Get that sheet off.’ They were going out to play a match, men versus men, testosterone levels were high. You’ve got to hit people at pace. Fackin’ ‘Dancing Queen.’ It worried me. I didn’t have as many leaders as I thought.”

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 9:01

The Loaded Dog wrote:

Tina, whereabouts are you... near Epping or north of there? I'm just trying to work out how far a £40 taxi fare gets you.

No word of a lie, after a night in Farnham we were charged £60 to get 9 miles home. The drive was given £40 and told he was lucky to get that.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 9:01

kingraf wrote:The equivalent of £40 gets me to Cape Town.

From Jo'burg?

The equivalent of £40 would get me to the airport which is about 25km away. About 20 years ago it would get me a 150-200 km trip I'd say.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 9:04

Yip, I'd probably have some change to spare as well.

Having looked it up, I'd only need what equates to £50 for a cheap flight to CT.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 9:07

Oh, flights are different. You can fly to Perth (3940km / 2450 miles) for $99-150.
Taxis here are sheer robbery.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 9:10

The Loaded Dog wrote:

North Herts, pal.

Problem is, I live right out in the middle of nowhere.  The nearest big town is a place called Royston and that would be around £30.  I paid a premium to get out into the sticks.  My village is about 10 minutes from Royston.

I was stuck though, and the cabbie knew it as soon as I told him where I needed to go.  It was either pay it or sleep at the station.

15 years ago I might have considered it, but not now.  I'm not Sean a tramp for heavens sake.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 9:11

Sheesh that's not too bad. I don't think there's way of getting to Cape Town on land that would cost more than £40.

kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 9:24

sean wrote:I don't think he's a nob. best player I've ever seen in terms of dragging his side through games they shouldn't really win. Loved the Viera tunnel confrontation. This quote is the best i've read:

Disagree entirely, Maradona won a world cup on his own, Gerard a Champios League and Beckham qualified us for world cup... And those are just the high profile ones.

Roy Keane is the same numbnut pikey tool that Tyson Fury gets slated for, and with similar quotes.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 9:25

Tiger Airlines is pretty aggressive in their price war, Raf.

The downside, however, is that each passenger has to bring a few gallons of aviation fuel and their own sandwiches for the long haul flight.

Tino, how did you know my name?
Pal is Hungarian for Paul but with an accent over the "a" and a capital "P".

It used to be Pálföldy but they changed it during the 1848 Revolution with the Habsburgs.
The peasants were out to kill anyone with an aristocratic name. The -földy (of the fields) is similar to the French "de", "d'" or the Irish "O'" which denoted ownership of large tracts of land... which has long since been lost. Bummer, eh?

Last edited by The Loaded Dog on Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 9:30; edited 2 times in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 9:29

The Loaded Dog wrote:

They don't call me a stalkerish little w*nker for nothing, Paul.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 9:32

The Loaded Dog wrote:

They don't call me a stalkerish little w*nker for nothing, Paul.

Ha ha. You can imagine how high I jump when some complete stranger says: "Hey pal... watch where you're going... you idiot!"

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 9:40

I did quite like the rather random and completely unforseen history lesson on Hungarian aristocracy. I don't have any Hungarian friends, but when I find some, they'll doubtless be enamoured with my regaling them with tales of the Hungarian revolution. Makes for a capable back up in case they don't give a phuck about going to the dam.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 9:41

rick_dagless wrote:
sean wrote:I don't think he's a nob. best player I've ever seen in terms of dragging his side through games they shouldn't really win. Loved the Viera tunnel confrontation. This quote is the best i've read:

Disagree entirely, Maradona won a world cup on his own, Gerard a Champios League and Beckham qualified us for world cup...  And those are just the high profile ones.  

Roy Keane is the same numbnut pikey tool that Tyson Fury gets slated for, and with similar quotes.

Man Utd v Juventus 1999. Best display I've ever seen.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 9:49

Being a decent footballer does not preclude him from being a right nobber. He is quite short, which probably accounts for all that rage and hate that consumes him.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 9:52

kingraf wrote:I did quite like the rather random and completely unforseen history lesson on Hungarian aristocracy. I don't have any Hungarian friends, but when I find some, they'll doubtless be enamoured with my regaling them with tales of the Hungarian revolution. Makes for a capable back up in case they don't give a phuck about going to the dam.

Also tell them that the Hungarian gentry living in remote parts (like Transylvania) hated the Austrians so much that when the Ottomans came through they made a pact: We'll point you in the direction towards Vienna instead of putting your heads on spikes... how does that sound?

The Turks thought it sounded like a very reasonable deal at the time.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 9:54

Isn't he 5'10? That's not that short. Above British average isn't It?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 9:57

Union Cane wrote:Being a footballer does not preclude him from being a right nobber.

The two normally go hand in hand.

I know very little about him, but he does seem incredibly angry about things. He has been all over Sky Sports news recently. He looks like Saddam Hussein these days.

At least he says something though. Most footballers and managers just speak in sporting cliches and don't ever say anything of any interest at all.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 9:58

kingraf wrote:Isn't he 5'10? That's not that short. Above British average isn't It?

He's not British...

Seemed shorter than that when I 'met' him.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 10:06

Of course he isn't British... I just don't know what the irish average height is.

Just looked it up... 5'10, so he is bang on average height for males. The UK average is 5'9.5.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 10:10

Well I am above average so anyone average or below appears short to me, that's Einstein's theory of relativity in action right there.

But I digress. I know a lot of Ipswich fans and they are unanimous in their opinion that he is a prize tw@t.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 10:11

kingraf wrote:Of course he isn't British... I just don't know what the irish average height is.

Just looked it up... 5'10, so he is bang on average height for males. The UK average is 5'9.5.

Will rise to an even 6 foot when Ronnie Corbett dies.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 10:36

Let's have an odd one out round...

1 Thank you for blessing me with a mind to rhyme and two hype feet
2 Feel with the music and you wonder, is he a Yankee? No, I'm a Londoner
3 Light-up a stage and wax a chump like a candle
4 Win or lose, sink or swim, one thing is certain we'll never give in
5 A word and a message with a lot of emotion, with total dedication and a lot of devotion
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 10:37

Union Cane wrote:Let's have an odd one out round...

3 Light-up a stage and wax a chump like a candle
5 A word and a message with a lot of emotion, with total dedication and a lot of devotion

3 - Ice Ice Baby. Vanilla Ice

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 10:39

Union Cane wrote:Let's have an odd one out round...

3 Light-up a stage and wax a chump like a candle - Mind the windows Tino. Today at 10:37 am 3 - Ice Ice Baby. Vanilla Ice
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 10:42

Is 4 Record Breakers by Roy Castle?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 10:45

superflyweight wrote:Is 4 Record Breakers by Roy Castle?

It's a good answer, but it's not roight.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 10:45

kingraf wrote:Of course he isn't British... I just don't know what the irish average height is.

They're all phucking leprechauns mate.

-------

https://www.606v2.com/viewtopic.forum?t=56012

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20